What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Usually they turn out quite potent donald.....ive been trying to look more into these sort of types for about 15-20 years.....im not sure if its being caused by something or a genetic anomaly....but it like they seem to be the next evolutionary stage into breeding plants just for thc....wen every thing keeps falling to the background bar the main goal of producing thc....an they do come out very potent. So yield, scent, structure, looks, everything seems to be thrown out bar producing thc.......I have also seen this happen from too much inbreeding....I think the haze crew stopped growing the haze because theres all turned out like this in the end... but very interesting plants ....they usually produce excellent smoke.

The first time i saw a plant like this was from a Thai many years ago i grew and it dried Red yielded over a pound of some of the most potent weed you could hope to grow.

No sativa flower has what most would call bag appeal so not sure why people are hung up on looks when they are talking sativas.

In the 70s we had what was called tripping weed getting around at the time you could get an oz of Colombian African so on for $30 and a small coin bag of tripping weed would cost you $30. It looked like wet oily leaf and this weed was as potent as it got.

Go find the post from Sam were he talks about his favored Haze smoke he called i think it was Greasy.

Haze like it or not did not have great bag appeal it was all about the smoke.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2098407.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.7 KB ID:	18026758

If you think this plant would yield an Oz only you have it very wrong.

As a guess you are looking at a minimum of 1/2 a pound dry and i am being very conservative.

What you have there is an ancestor.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
In case anybody’s wondering the reason that I call myself star crash is because my “star” crashed back in 2008 when I got busted and it cost me everything that I had to stay out of prison and they still saddled me with over 6 1/2 years total of intermittent jail & probation … I spent nearly a year in the most disgusting county jail you can imagine yes it’s fucking true…I lost everything and had to pick myself back up from a seed…And not for nothing it’s been a long hard winding road

sorry to hear that happened to you star ,
in the long run though , as you would know ,it builds character ,
what doesnt kill you , only makes you stronger ,
and dare i say fuck those archaic cannabis laws ,
most of us have been a victim of them to one extent or another ...

jail should be reserved strictly for dangerous and violent offenders ,
peaceful gardeners should be left in the garden where they do their best work ,

im glad you are still in the gardens star ,
you are a shining example (pun intended) of someone who just wouldnt give up ,
well done mate ...

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bonita sonrisa (el perro es tuyo o es una imagen de internet?)

Nice smile (is the dog yours or is it a picture from the internet?)

Internet....a few days ago...just thought its funny

Isn't it ? :biggrin:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Skinny leaf contest.... Sorry to hear about your trauma Starcrash.... Apparently the 1 grower I know locally just got in big trouble.... I dont know any details yet but I may be trying to start a fundraiser and raise hell for him soon.... Maybe push for law change around here. That man had a 1st release c99 clone thats over 20+ years old... Thats is sad in itself, let alone ruining someones life ..... lovely laws man...
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17442485.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.1 KB ID:	18026863

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
so I’ve decided these kind of Sativa’s have no commercial value for me , but they have a lot of “heady” value… I wish I could get my hands back on the 2003 super silver haze giganticus and the 2006 kiwi seeds mako haze … Some of the best heaviest yielding Haze Hybrids ever made… in my humble opinion

you are correct sir about the OH. It will have it's day. the Ace Haze x Kali China is a producer, and good dope. Recommended.

I just read about the ordeal SC. Good for you getting right back on that horse.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Star you went threw hell by what you posted but you were spat out the other end still a good guy and i honestly believe in Karma you do good in life good will come your way.

You should try and recreate that line you lost mate you have the main building blocks (Haze) and with a little luck you may end up with something close.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At Rocket Man ;) There’s so many good seed makers out there , I just prefer to let them do the work …by the way I also crossed mako haze with C 99 same time I did the SSH/C99 cross & I got a find those pictures because she was incredible …that’s what I won the original skinny leaf 🍁 contest with …I get filled with nostalgia and a touch of melancholy when I think about these old strains that passed through my fingers

harvestreaper

Veteran
Yeah I believe he did also say the last grow they did they all came out stringy an wouldnt produce no more.

itl be hard for me to find sams quotes...the other haze thread seems to have been cut down.....but this is from what big herb was told by one of the haze crew

"After about a 10 year run, the haze failed to produce. The buds were too thin and wispy for commercial production"
this suggests that not only did haze produce when they aquired it but they messed it up over time either through poor selection inbreeding or both

F2F

Star I know u said skinny “leaf”, but I guess these are skinny “leaves”. :biglaugh:

MadMac’s Zamal x THH

blessed New Year to all!:wave:
peace
f2f
fetch?photoid=17991455.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Star crash wants to do another skinny Leaf contest the winner gets a 50 seed pack of Original Haze genetics....It can be any strain of any marijuana the skinny leaf gets the prize:flowers2:Has to be personally grown by the contestants

Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui:

Mi amigo mexicano Psilocybo, seleccionando y cruzando los "fenos" más sativos de variedades A.C.E., me regaló esto antes de tener que emigrar a E.U.A. a buscar trabajo...

My Mexican friend Psilocybo, selecting and crossing the most sativa "fenos" of A.C.E. varieties, gave me this before to had to emigrate to the United Statest look for a job...

Click image for larger version Name:	image_2098118.jpg Views:	8 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	18025096

Click image for larger version Name:	image_2098118.jpg Views:	8 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	18025096

Montuno

...como el Son...
shows a lot of ot1 genes

Hola.
No tiene OldTimer's Haze, sino los "fenos, más sativos de Bangui Haze x los más sativos de Malawi (A.C.E.).

It does not have OldTimer's Haze, but the "fenos", more sativas from Bangui Haze x the most sativas from Malawi (A.C.E.).

Salud!

JohnnyChicago

What you have there is an ancestor.

I believe the Haze ancestor is what has been shown by Star Crash, that must share similarities with one of the bags Sams did collect from the Haze brothers.
Just like a roll back to an older generation. But you might be right Hempy.

As if it was simple inbreeding depression, there should have been pearl phenos reported from my Seedman, that should be the most legit and purest OH of all. But there are none yet, I know of.

Below OH90 x THH x OT1 x OH grown by UniqueFlower4.
He did report they do mature from the bottom to the top. Just like you have written here in this thread few weeks ago about Haze in general.
Click image for larger version  Name:	multihaze.jpg Views:	4 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	18027082

Montuno

...como el Son...
Internet....a few days ago...just thought its funny

Isn't it ? :biggrin:

Si es divertida... Sólo es que me llamo la atención la enorme calidad de la foto... Aparte, que yo miro las fotos de perros con la misma "aptitud, perspectiva e interés" que vosotr@s las de marihuana, pues de hecho, me interesan y apasionan los perros mucho más que la marihuana, je...
Aunque a veces en la vida si es posible tenerlo todo...​​​​

If it's funny ... It's just that the enormous quality of the photo caught my attention ... Besides, I look at the photos of dogs with the same "aptitude, perspective and interest" as you do the marijuana ones, well In fact, I'm interested and passionate about dogs much more than marijuana, heh ... Although sometimes in life it is possible to have everything ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	bb8bbeac3efdae758f0150d1da72e68e.jpg Views:	22 Size:	148.8 KB ID:	18027091

Click image for larger version  Name:	fc8f64442e255b2e9f4483e8615ad832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	18027146

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Whats the newest year of Neville Haze you guys have popped? Im doing some new/fresh Nev Haze, KaliMist, and Mangohaze soon.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Hola.
No tiene OldTimer's Haze, sino los "fenos, más sativos de Bangui Haze x los más sativos de Malawi (A.C.E.).

It does not have OldTimer's Haze, but the "fenos", more sativas from Bangui Haze x the most sativas from Malawi (A.C.E.).

Salud!

i stand corrected,,, gracias,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts