The Haze discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troutman View Post

I purchased a Sun shirt a while back and it blocks most of the UV rays.

I heavy recommend using one under extended outings under clear skies.
    You get burnt to a crisp here even under clouds extream uv is part of daily life in summer even spring then we have the ozone we have it all here lol.

The ozone layer is depleted in two ways. ... This includes a five to nine per cent depletion over Australia since the 1960s, which has increased the risk that Australians already face from over-exposure to UV radiation resulting from our outdoor lifestyle.
    Team-Haze

Comment

Originally posted by troutman View Post

I purchased a Sun shirt a while back and it blocks most of the UV rays.

I heavy recommend using one under extended outings under clear skies.
      doesnt really bother me that much really trout,
      i had a check up , they said if i was going to get skin cancer ,
      given the exposure I've had over my life , id have it by now ,
      but I'm clear ,
      it can make u a bit wrinkly though ,
      so i tend to use coconut oil to keep in the moisture ,
      i drink it in my morning cup of tea too ,
      folks with quite white skin would have to be pretty careful up here though ,
      I've seen a few English people looking like lobsters ,, looks pretty painful too ,, lol ..

Comment

Originally posted by @hempy View Post

You get burnt to a crisp here even under clouds extream uv is part of daily life in summer even spring then we have the ozone we have it all here lol.

The ozone layer is depleted in two ways. ... This includes a five to nine per cent depletion over Australia since the 1960s, which has increased the risk that Australians already face from over-exposure to UV radiation resulting from our outdoor lifestyle.
        https://uv.willyweather.com.au/nsw/s...th-sydney.html

https://uv.willyweather.com.au/qld/f...th/cairns.html

almost 3 times the difference in uv from the first to the second ,
        might be higher where i live since we are at 3000 ft , vs cairns at sea level .
        gets up to 17 + when the sun is directly overhead here ...

i wonder if that makes the plants make more resin to help protect the flowers ??
        i dunno but i guess its possible ...

Comment

Dear Hempy and Wally
          It is very enjoyable and educating reading your dialogues. You guys are great teachers. There might be an occassional unappropiate word thrown in from time to time in the heat of the debate, same way as in a rugby game when words are thrown in the heat of the game. I hope the day you guys meet, will have a third time together, have a huge spliff and laugh about all this

You guys complain about Australia, South America is scorched earth. UV is higher and the ozone layer thinner. And I think is the reason behind the results I am having, becuase if I have to go by the bro science going around on forums, the only thing I would be able to grow would be rudelaris or fast indicas.
          I checked the UV in my area and for today and tomorrow it will be higher than Cairns. And I am Hempy's latitude neighbour with similar climate but with much more humidity being in wetlands. 99% humidity every dawn. Some plants like it and some dont tolerate it

Hempy, a white shadow mesh for the greenhouse is clearly not enough. When heavy rain and storms come, it makes a disaster . After the third heavy rain(100mm in half an hour) which destroyed me the top shot of a THH and a northern thailand 2008 girl, I decided to put a nylon cover on top of the mesh and no more problems. Temperatures when sunny reach 25-26C for a few hours. Resin in landraces is because of UV or because of genetics??? All landraces have shown sex after the autumm equinox without exceptions
          Northern Thailand 2008 fem 2(this line has 2 genders: girls and intersex girls turning to males). Top shot of this plant lost to a heavy storm
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Northern Thailand fem 2 (2).jpeg
Views:	436
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	17858505Click image for larger version

Name:	Northern Thailand fem 2 (3).jpeg
Views:	437
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	17858504
          Northern Thailand 2008 fem 6

Name:	Northern Thailand fem 6.jpeg
Views:	438
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	17858502Click image for larger version

Name:	Northern Thailand fem 6 (2).jpeg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	17858514
          Laos girl number 3 from Wally. I personally think that the outstanding results I have with Wally's gear is the result of southern hemisphere breeding together with similar UV levels as my area. Plants seem to love it

Name:	Laos fem 3 (3).jpeg
Views:	444
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	17858512Click image for larger version

Name:	Laos fem 3 (4).jpeg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	17858511Click image for larger version

Name:	Laos fem 3 (5).jpeg
Views:	434
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	17858510Click image for larger version

Name:	Laos fem 3 (6).jpeg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	17858509
          Luang Prabang fem 1. One girl went intersex outdoors and sadly had to chop.
          This bud in the first picture was pollinized yesterday with Ohz90s

Name:	Luang Prabang fem 1 (3).jpeg
Views:	448
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	17858508Click image for larger version

Name:	Luang Prabang fem 1 (4).jpeg
Views:	439
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	17858507Click image for larger version

Name:	Luang Prabang fem 1 (5).jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	17858506

THH12 x Ohz lower bud. It seems lowers are done. Is this expected to happen outdoors with plants 3 meters tall in a 20 liter pot? All the uppers need more time

Name:	Thh12 x ohz (2).jpeg
Views:	452
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	17858500
          Seedsman Hz from MadMac girl 3 growing from cut in the greenhouse.

Name:	Seedsman haze mm fem 3 (3).jpeg
Views:	438
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	17858501
          Is it possible all landraces I have are high mountain varieties? They seem to tolerate the cold and keep growing.
          Have a nice week everybody
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Funkyhorse it gets very humid here to and i hate the humidity to be honest i think what most don't get is the weather globally is changing i have followed it for years. What i am noticing here is now in places were it was once considered prime out door growing conditions we are seeing massive storms and weather events around the time plants are in flower and as a result wiping them out yearly.

We are having milder winters hotter dryer summers then it swings to above normal wet summers extremes that seam to becoming the normal.

We are lucky here Sativas can be grown in most places but i honestly think out doors even when its legal will need to adapt because of weather events.

I have smoked lots of Cannabis grown on the high land country elevation don't make it better it comes down to genetics ulatamanly.
            Team-Haze

Comment

Name:	image_2045848.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	17860195Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2045852.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	17860199Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2045851.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	17860198Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2045850.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	17860197Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2045849.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	17860196Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210515_024546-600x800.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	17860202 Thunk f2 (thai/skunk x haze) 110 days 11:20 h of light o

Comment

I have some MadMac's Original Haze , got it through DrYoung.

Haven't smoked Original Haze ( seedsman ) since 2015 in Vancouver.

It will be great to see how these plants smoke and how they compare to my old 97 NH clone.

They definitely look beautiful and a bit similar to the 97 NH, yet different too.

I recently also grew the Zamal X Tom Hills Haze , I dont know who made it , but got it through DrYoung also. It's not special and thats a nice way to put it.

Comment

Greatdalas that thunk f2 is whatsup!

Comment

I’m buying some thunk next! Supposed to be spicy.
                    really nice greatdalas

Comment

Originally posted by Sub24ox7 View Post
                      really nice greatdalas
                      Thunk is a very good line..there are some very good phenotypes in the line...I think you'll really like it sub24ox7...its probably one of my favorite lines from sam's work....have you managed to smoke any of the sk haze x hawaiian yet...those look really nice..might have to get someone to run afew of those.

Comment

I like the o. Haze skunk Hawaiian, minty and tasty. There is variation in the line as expected so you can find some that barely lean more to the Hawaiian indica and some much more o. Haze/skunk. Not as clear or energetic as seedsman o. Haze but nice. I kept a pheno and it’s interesting.. will keep.

Comment

Greatdalas nice looking plant how she smoke for you ?
                          Team-Haze

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sub24ox7 View Post
                              really nice greatdalas

I don't know the actually thunk stock but can be diferent if is the same that freebies in seedbay the thunk no germinate any, very dryed

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkStorm View Post

Thunk is a very good line..there are some very good phenotypes in the line...I think you'll really like it sub24ox7...its probably one of my favorite lines from sam's work....have you managed to smoke any of the sk haze x hawaiian yet...those look really nice..might have to get someone to run afew of those.
                                Tube hawaiian x skunk haze and it was not good, very hermaphrodite the same that skunk haze x skunk x skunk haze, love potion/ haze x skunk haze and the other love potion hibrid and mexican hibrid
                                Only good this thunk f2 gift me years ago for other grower

Comment

Working...
                                X