What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i always liked the silver haze ..must try it again ../never understood the fuss about ssh i thought it was a backward step in quality,,, i guess the easy growth faster time yeild made it popular

I guess you never tried or grown a proper SSH then ?
its was mich improved than the Silver Haze cut which was much more inbred and produced alot of the same pheno , just slightly different.

The greenhouse or early Mr Nice version and mutiple cup winner had amazing phenos from 8 week Frankincense phenos all the way to 16 weekers pine/Citrus phenos with huge yield and everything inbetween.
To me it was 1 of the best Hazes ever made being
1.Nevil Haze
2.NL5 Haze
3. SSH

The amount of SSH X's that were produced over the years by many good seedmakers is clearly the most used Haze strain ever maybe 2nd only to NL5 Haze.

Did you try it in Amsterdam ever when Neville was with Greenhouse seeds ?

harvestreaper

Veteran
I never ran or tried Silver Haze i did run the SSH and to be honest not one i grew was was fast i think its a great strain huge plants big yields but for me i much prefer the Mango Haze.

the sk haze ..silver haze ..an nl5 x haze were the first haze hybrids came along here in uk i always guessed the silver haze was a sk /haze type but just guessed ,, the ssh came years later and it ticked all the boxes for a commercial type haze so much so you can smell ammo everywere you walk here in uk today but better quality effects,,,, not for me..

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man all the varieties that were in the seed bank catalog were now in the sensi seed bank catalog....spin that shit however you want i guess. I have no idea what sensi uses to make their haze hybrids neither do you. I grew silver haze from them in the mid 2000s and it was dynamite.

Many or most seed co's when losing a parent dont announce it and just use the next best thing , this is why we cant find certain phenos in alot of famous strains from a decade or more ago.
Sensi seed when buying the castle would of bought alot of seed stock to that could last for years , and other conpanys who buy in bulk of other seed makers also but once that stock runs out they need to remake the strain and if a missing parent or even both then its near impossible to recreate the exact same thing.
look at Greenhouse seeds ? , SSH or Nevil Haze have never been the same since Neville left or NL5 Haze from Sensi seeds , not saying you wont find something nice but defo a level down to the Original strains made in the late 80's and 90's

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
I guess you never tried or grown a proper SSH then ?
its was mich improved than the Silver Haze cut which was much more inbred and produced alot of the same pheno , just slightly different.

The greenhouse or early Mr Nice version and mutiple cup winner had amazing phenos from 8 week Frankincense phenos all the way to 16 weekers pine/Citrus phenos with huge yield and everything inbetween.
To me it was 1 of the best Hazes ever made being
1.Nevil Haze
2.NL5 Haze
3. SSH

The amount of SSH X's that were produced over the years by many good seedmakers is clearly the most used Haze strain ever maybe 2nd only to NL5 Haze.

Did you try it in Amsterdam ever when Neville was with Greenhouse seeds ?

hi ojd we all diffrent as to what ring our bell i believe ive had many what anyone would call good ssh but as i said for me compared to the silver haze was a backwards step in quality of effect .,,ive always stated the nl5 x haze was best haze hybrid as to the impact it made with indoor growers and the game in general and the ssh was the next step an ticked all the boxes both were extreme game changers i know because i lived it on pavemnent level none the less both were inferior in effect to hazes an sk hazes for me ,,,no i dont remember trying it in greenhouse when neville was there

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the sk haze ..silver haze ..an nl5 x haze were the first haze hybrids came along here in uk i always guessed the silver haze was a sk /haze type but just guessed ,, the ssh came years later and it ticked all the boxes for a commercial type haze so much so you can smell ammo everywere you walk here in uk today but better quality effects,,,, not for me..

To me that bleachy amo smell is from the Siver Haze
the Frankincense and pine/Citrus phenos in the SSH were far superior.

They even try to pass the old Silver Haze cut of as the C5 Haze cut which is defo not the famous C5 that flooded Amsterdam in theglory days of Amsterdam well over a decade ago.
2001 was the last time i smoked the legit c5 in Amsterdam and never to be seen again.

harvestreaper

Veteran
To me that bleachy amo smell is from the Siver Haze
the Frankincense and pine/Citrus phenos in the SSH were far superior.

They even try to pass the old Silver Haze cut of as the C5 Haze cut which is defo not the famous C5 that flooded Amsterdam in theglory days of Amsterdam well over a decade ago.
2001 was the last time i smoked the legit c5 in Amsterdam and never to be seen again.

i doubt weve smoked the same plants ojd i get the impression your a generation younger than me an i dont hold any known cuts myself ,,,i wouldnt know a c5 from an e2 lol im talking personal taste not global impact i think the big splashes were clearly made by nl5 x haze and ssh in that respect

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Sensi never bought Nevils seed company or its name they bought the cannabis castle.

Sensi bought all of his library seeds and everything....dont lie even fake Nevile/aka jessie and shanti....say that Sensi have their genetics
but recipes without a chef are not valid.....

It now obvius lie hempy...dont do that.

Its well known fact they had genetics from the seed bank.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
What is the quality of genetics now in 2021 at SENSI'S....we will see soon !!!

Acta non verba... !!
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211209_122811 -.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	18013635

Selection of 50 JH it will be amazing...end enough for picture of quality of today genetics.
As you can se brand new packs not from 90's....new new from 2021.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I never ran or tried Silver Haze i did run the SSH and to be honest not one i grew was was fast i think its a great strain huge plants big yields but for me i much prefer the Mango Haze.

the mango haze sounded good but you kinda put me off talking about early version being much better an no longer available lol might try an knock one up meself the mango thai seems to pass on her mango positives including flavour

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I grew sensi varieties a few times before the swiss raids and after and before the plants from seed were almost like clones, very uniform and each time I got seed the same, after the raids the varieties were not the same..I assume the same happened with their haze parent plants and other parents but it is an assumption. They may not have said it publicly, but my opinion is they with 100% certainty lost parent lines in that period. The seeds sold after were either not from the same at all, or obvious f2's of what they had before with phenos all over the place and a quality of the former strain in each plant but no plants with all the qualities together in one individual as before when they all came out like that from either being f1 or a stabilized inbreed, no matter how anyone spins it what i grew of theirs from before and after are not the same.

Im am very interested to see how their 2021 Jack Herer turns out?!

harvestreaper

Veteran
What is the quality of genetics now in 2021 at SENSI'S....we will see soon !!!

Acta non verba... !!

Selection of 50 JH it will be amazing...end enough for picture of quality of today genetics.
As you can se brand new packs not from 90's....new new from 2021.

tried there nl5 x haze few times over years never same as original but i have found plants i enjoyed and one i even bred from which was a pineapple pheno nl5 haze,,maybe ol jacks the daddy who knows

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
the mango haze sounded good but you kinda put me off talking about early version being much better an no longer available lol might try an knock one up meself the mango thai seems to pass on her mango positives including flavour

The test seed was given to 10 people its not my fault most found it impractical to grow and it was as a result re worked.

I have not grown or smoked the re worked version but a friend has and he loves it.

harvestreaper

Veteran
The test seed was given to 10 people its not my fault most found it impractical to grow and it was as a result re worked.

I have not grown or smoked the re worked version but a friend has and he loves it.

just pulling ya leg brother ...yes donald seems to like it i notice to,,, its on the bucket list for sure

TheDarkStorm

Nevile was never on MNS forums....this Nevile claim that Diesel is SSH....Diesel dosent exist in Holland....if it only what was called Diesel was A5 so shurley not SSH and very different to any SSH.....of MNS...that Nevile from MNS didnt knew that He breed with NL9....he only knew NL from 1-8.....I dont get it why people took serious this fake infos of that avatar called Nevile from Mr.Nice seeds ???
Its obvius that this acc is used by hempy and jessie to spread missinforamtions about genetics......

Jack Herer is made with help of Sam the Skunkman for Sensi Seeds in facilites of Tjalling Erkelens, Nevile wasnt breeding at them time,but he was there with them hanging around...

Nevile had 2 cuts only...after he come from prison..

1 was NL5xhaze called Nevile's Haze cuz it was ''Haze'' provided by Nevile,second was Silver Haze....Jack's favourite smoke...sometimes called Jack Herer cut....

This is that soapy Jack....original Silver Haze...but that cut was called JH cuz it was J's favorite smoke....still today you can find soapy hazes in SH by Sensi seeds....but you need to search today growers grow 3 seeds and say its shit not good lineage.....

So after breeding few years with Sam's instruction cuz he was the maine guy....master breeder...he also say to Nevile what to cross...etc....Master peace of breeding was achived JACK HERER seed line....in the name of JACK HERER the man....

(SHIVA SKUNK x NL5) x O.HAZE

I know that some of you look Nevile like some god or something special but he was only man who growed about 90 plants in castel per rounds....

You have to have in mind that Horthapharm was first,Maripharm and Bedrocan....had licences and grow much more with scientific becup so much more easy breeding than snifing and smoking some plants around....

Just so you know.. Skunkman also says nevil made jack......Diesel existed in Holland.....iv been wanting to ask Yo Sammy about this....some of the guys probably arnt old enough to know..but around 1998-2002 there was a strain going around coming out of Holland...but too me looking back it may have actually been made with the more sativa a5 clone(not current cutting) ...nevil may have just heard though the grape vine of a 5haze cut going round as diesel (or red diesil )an assumed it to be the c5.....I was wondering if you know of this Yo Sammy....it was a mass of basically red hair pure leather and red diesil smelling...very sativa in effect....to me im sure it was the diesil a5 put to some other sativa.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not that this is the defoliation thread LOL...But that last test I did of large blocks that I think that I posted about here when the debate was raging a few pages back, the results are in, well wet weights at least. I did 3 blocks of just over 60m2 ea. of sea of green 17 plants per m2 and DLI and light was high and was very good crop overall so no other factors limiting weight, PPFD is peaking at over 1600 in midday in the greenhouse now. Light supplementation is high at approx 400 ppfd when outside light dips and climate control was good with no issues this run, temps were high night and day in mid summer and no major pest or mold issues and buds were super fat and dense...anyway the results were...The winner was the decent but not too heavy single defoliation where most fan leaves were removed but fan leaves on branches left, then the " hardly any defoliation" quite a way behind that (we tried to do a no defoliation but after a few days it was a huge mess and we had to go do a very little) and just behind that was the intense defoliation where hardly a leaf was left around 2 weeks into flower, stripped to almost naked sticks and emerging leaves. Less botritus losses on the extreme defoliation as compared to the minimal defoliation though. So for me the result confirms for me what I already believe, that at this density some defoliation is needed and beneficial and cost effective in terms of labour verse gains, for a lower density Id do less and for a higher density I'd do more..

The growth above was not seen on any plants as a result of defoliation and we had maybe 200 different tester plants in there as well as multiple production plants of ours, although this above growth was seen in some later in the flower, the more tropical sativa in the lineage, the more seen, relative to a day or 2 with hot temps when we had wetwall issues etc.. It is entirely a genetic response to an environmental trigger, I'd guess that for most that trigger is heat combined with high light. High light on its own won't generally trigger it as the plants come from areas where the midday light could almost be double or more what we achieve in indoor rooms (measured), for example I try achieve 1000 PPFD at least at canopy indoor but at the moment my meter maxes out at 2000ppfd when i go aim it at the sun during the midday hours.. But a plant outside won't show that growth, but in the greenhouse with high but less light, but a temp spike or two and it will..Don't shoot the messenger hahahhahaha

The confusion I see is most are not Defoliating. We call this pruning.. Most are misusing the term. Plants do weird shit all the time when there confused.. What happens in one garden might not happen in the next. There just isn't any reason to defoliate. Pruning is a common practice we all use. Im not sure why people use the term defoliate.

TheDarkStorm

Nice try Hammer but your wrong here is the full plant why is it only at the top if i defoliated the hole plant.

Haze and haze hybrids and sativas mature from the bottom up indoors and all your seeing there is new growth as the plant continues to grow head towards the intense light its very normal to see even veg shoots grow out of even mature flowers if there to close to the intense light.

Here is a tip for you if you ever start to defoliate ;).

If you over do it the plant will stop growing and focus all its emery on re growing leaf that is when you know you pushed it to hard. But to get to that point you need to basically strip the plant of all its leaf only leaving the growth on the nods. How do i know this well i experimented. It stalls the plant growth for about 2 weeks.

Hempy those look almost like some of nevils skhzC.........you still got these..?....did you get many plants like these in those seeds..did you grow them again ? What did you reckon to them high wise say compared to a really good sativa you like..? Thanks

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy those look almost like some of nevils skhzC.........you still got these..?....did you get many plants like these in those seeds..did you grow them again ? What did you reckon to them high wise say compared to a really good sativa you like..? Thanks

Hi Dark i still have some F1s stored away the smoke was good but i would call it more commercial type and not in the ball park of say Nevils Haze or Mango Haze its a practical line for growers that dont want to deal with jungle sativas.

I have ShitHaze that were test seed and i believe they are Sk x HzA regardless they are 50% haze and grow like trees with flowers on most as thick as your arm or thicker huge plants. Nothing like these at all.

Early flower shows a good amount of resin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1828.JPG Views:	43 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	18014126

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1854.JPG Views:	42 Size:	128.5 KB ID:	18014127

SativaScience

, I am quite sure of it, after the Swiss period no NEW crosses were created with the male C, just as happened a few years earlier with sensiseeds and others ... I know it can hurt, but the truth makes us grow ....
However I am sure that with a bit of luck you will find some exceptional plants in those seeds ....

Was just looking around at mr nice website reading about shanti new hybrids. The holy grail is listed as Nevils haze x haze AC x haze C. :headbange Gotta love the auctions on that site, great deals to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts