What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
The bedrocan cutting is a f2 from the original seeds they made with nevils cutting....father to the seeds unknown...maybe Shiva like canatorioum says.
also there are three different amnesia....nevils haze x enemy of the state....ssh x ?......and ssh(x?) X g13hzC

‘We zijn afkomstig uit de tuinbouw. We teelden vanaf de jaren tachtig witlof en kruiden in daglichtloze teelt. Daar zijn we pioniers in. Zelf rookte ik ook wel eens een jointje maar echt professioneel gingen we pas met cannabis van start begin jaren ’90. We kweekten de zaden voor Sensi Seed bank. De Jack Herer die we toen gekweekt hebben is nu de officiële Bedrocan medicinale cannabis.’

Jack Herer is een kruising van Northern Lights #5, Haze en Skunk #1/Shiva Skunk. Er zijn vier duidelijk te onderscheiden fenotypes; drie sativa-dominante en één indica dominante. Deze laatste, fenotype B, is door Bedrocan gebruikt.

They use Jack Herer pheno B as Bedrocan...

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Its a discussion...LOL I never been one to stay on topic..anyway wrestle the discussion back...I think HPS/sunshine combination in diffused greenhouse plastic is where I've seen my haze/sativa leaning plants REALLY shine... 4ft long colas as wide a your forearm...density as well...so long I can keep temperatures down..

Its a discussion...LOL I never been one to stay on topic..anyway wrestle the discussion back...I think HPS/sunshine combination in diffused greenhouse plastic is where I've seen my haze/sativa leaning plants REALLY shine... 4ft long colas as wide a your forearm...density as well...so long I can keep temperatures down..

I cant like your posts yet, so I'm doing it here 👍👍👍😊
i was just about to say, we're not completely off topic as the reason we're all here are those big, long heavy running haze buds that we all remember most fondly from pre-led times 😄👌🔥👍

(tag-team wrestled that back we did, lol 😆)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it did win a cup but he really loved that smoke regretted not having it still.

I miss the old Hawaiian Maui sativa my self.

Cambodian x Molokai :flowers2:pictures from yesterday :peacock:
20211208_115412.jpg
20211207_194714.jpg
20211208_115557.jpg
:groupwave:
20211208_115434.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I like the look of her Star her frames really gone Cambodian but flowers have the shine of the Hawaiian i am thinking.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s Cambodian Cambodian …came through Vietnam decades ago …seeds were acquired by Mystic Funk

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice one. Was it Khmer Gold Cambodian?

Hi there my old friend. Not GN Khmer Gold, actually it's an import Cambodian strain that a friend of mine collected personally during his trips in SE Asia, he told me it was the best smoke from all the trip. I sent a bunch to Ledo for helping out to reproduce them and he made some of those crosses since only 2 females germinated for him. Soon I will go through some other seeds I was able to find. It's a very special one for sure with a great structure and aromas. ;)

TheDarkStorm

‘We zijn afkomstig uit de tuinbouw. We teelden vanaf de jaren tachtig witlof en kruiden in daglichtloze teelt. Daar zijn we pioniers in. Zelf rookte ik ook wel eens een jointje maar echt professioneel gingen we pas met cannabis van start begin jaren ’90. We kweekten de zaden voor Sensi Seed bank. De Jack Herer die we toen gekweekt hebben is nu de officiële Bedrocan medicinale cannabis.’

Jack Herer is een kruising van Northern Lights #5, Haze en Skunk #1/Shiva Skunk. Er zijn vier duidelijk te onderscheiden fenotypes; drie sativa-dominante en één indica dominante. Deze laatste, fenotype B, is door Bedrocan gebruikt.

They use Jack Herer pheno B as Bedrocan...

I dont understand all that....but I know this...the original jack was a single cutting....so they arnt using that are they....that cutting was made into seeds using a unknown father....so the bedrocan clone being held comes from these seeds and futher seeds are made from this latter cut.....its certainly not the original cutting.....the cup winning cut....the same cutt jack smoked and that was originally known as silver haze.....

Stocktont

Veteran
Getting confusing when the names and different varieties get mixed up. Silver Haze was a seed variety sold by Nevil through his company The Seed Bank (of Holland) and it was made with Silver Pearl, NL and Haze according to the old catalogue. Many times people confuse this with a later creation (in name), Super Silver Haze that Nevil said was a hybrid using NL, Skunk and Haze so they are not the same but the names are very similar. Anyone who grew any amounts of both Silver Haze and Super Silver Haze would know that the two are quite different in character.

Now the question of Jack Herer becomes mudded even further due to the fact that it was first (the first release of seeds, not a clone) released by Sensi Seed Bank, they also named it Jack Herer in honor of the person. Nevil stated that to his knowledge the first release of Jack Herer as a seed variety consisted of his cross of NL5 x HazeC and Skunk#1 x HazeC. It’s all there on the old MSN forum still. Nevil went as far as to say Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze (and he said also ”Diesel” though not referring to the New York Diesel but an Amsterdam plant called Diesel) was ”the same cut”. See this is where the confusion starts as Nevil actually said ”Silver Haze” but clearly meant ”Super Silver Haze” and when he said ”the same cutting” he clearly meant that the seed lines shared the same female clone as the mother of the cross. That mother would have been NL5 x Haze C #1 which Nevil also used the abrivation 5C1 for. This was the ”full sister” to Shanti’s mother of Mango Haze which was given the number 122.

As I understood it the differences - according to Nevil and what he said - between Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze would be the father side of the cross, the Skunk#1 x Haze C where JH used an earlier version of the Skunk#1 x Haze C and the SSH used a later selection of that line as a father. So on paper - again according to Nevil’s testimony - the two (JH and SSH) looks to be ”the same” cross but they are from different selections on the father/sire line. If you paid attention to Nevil when he described the history of some of his varieties he said that later versions of Skunk were better than the first he got. Did he make a new cross of a new/improved version of Skunk#1 with Haze C and then mate this to his priced female 5C1 or did he make SSH from the same cross of Skunk#1 x Haze C but just different selection? Both ways could/would give different results in the seeds made.

To me it was evident that the first release of Jack Herer as a seed variety (by Sensi Seed Bank) was different to the successive releases of seeds later. Jack Herer was released in 1994 and the video you guys talked about earlier where you said Nevil was dressed up as a ghost and Ben had a party at The Cannabis Castle, it’s from Cannabis Cup 1994. The dutch cup happens in November each year so those seeds were sold at the end of 1994 and beginning of 1995. In the summer of 1995, if you went to places that sold Jack Herer weed you’d see it was priced higher than any other variety on any menu. Most places would price the flowers from Jack as high as the best imported hash per gram and some places, like in Amsterdam, would have restrictions on how much flowers of Jack Herer each person could by per day it was so popular.

The weed was really good but not my personal favorite though some of my friends loved it and they also grew the seeds, both from the first release and from later releases. For whatever reason, something changed in the seed variety after the initial release. That usually is the story in this industry, things change. I haven’t seen that old Jack since the end of the 90s, 1998 was the last year I personally smoked it.

A few things that might have something to do with the evolution of Jack Herer cannabis seeds:

In 1995 Greenhouse Seed Company started to sell cannabis seeds and some of the varieties they sold were made by Nevil. Nevil stopped making seeds that were sold through Sensi Seed Bank so if Sensi wanted to make another release of JH they had to know what it was and still have the male and female clones. Did they?

Sometimes dutch cups had mothers entered under the name of a seed variety as was the case with that NL5 x Haze C #1 female clone, it has won cups under a few different names and companies throughout the years. What flowers were entered in the first cup as Jack Herer? Was it flowers from the mother 5C1 or was it a selected plant from seeds made as JH? What female clone flowers won the cup as SSH in 1996, 1997 and 1998? Was it that old 5C1 or was it a daughter to her?

Names alone won’t ever clear this history up so it’s important that we’re specific when having these discussions. There’s so many seed offerings from different companies that are named Jack Herer today so it is very important to specify which JH we are talking about.

CannaT

Premium user
Getting confusing when the names and different varieties get mixed up. Silver Haze was a seed variety sold by Nevil through his company The Seed Bank (of Holland) and it was made with Silver Pearl, NL and Haze according to the old catalogue. Many times people confuse this with a later creation (in name), Super Silver Haze that Nevil said was a hybrid using NL, Skunk and Haze so they are not the same but the names are very similar. Anyone who grew any amounts of both Silver Haze and Super Silver Haze would know that the two are quite different in character.

Now the question of Jack Herer becomes mudded even further due to the fact that it was first (the first release of seeds, not a clone) released by Sensi Seed Bank, they also named it Jack Herer in honor of the person. Nevil stated that to his knowledge the first release of Jack Herer as a seed variety consisted of his cross of NL5 x HazeC and Skunk#1 x HazeC. It’s all there on the old MSN forum still. Nevil went as far as to say Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze (and he said also ”Diesel” though not referring to the New York Diesel but an Amsterdam plant called Diesel) was ”the same cut”. See this is where the confusion starts as Nevil actually said ”Silver Haze” but clearly meant ”Super Silver Haze” and when he said ”the same cutting” he clearly meant that the seed lines shared the same female clone as the mother of the cross. That mother would have been NL5 x Haze C #1 which Nevil also used the abrivation 5C1 for. This was the ”full sister” to Shanti’s mother of Mango Haze which was given the number 122.

As I understood it the differences - according to Nevil and what he said - between Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze would be the father side of the cross, the Skunk#1 x Haze C where JH used an earlier version of the Skunk#1 x Haze C and the SSH used a later selection of that line as a father. So on paper - again according to Nevil’s testimony - the two (JH and SSH) looks to be ”the same” cross but they are from different selections on the father/sire line. If you paid attention to Nevil when he described the history of some of his varieties he said that later versions of Skunk were better than the first he got. Did he make a new cross of a new/improved version of Skunk#1 with Haze C and then mate this to his priced female 5C1 or did he make SSH from the same cross of Skunk#1 x Haze C but just different selection? Both ways could/would give different results in the seeds made.

To me it was evident that the first release of Jack Herer as a seed variety (by Sensi Seed Bank) was different to the successive releases of seeds later. Jack Herer was released in 1994 and the video you guys talked about earlier where you said Nevil was dressed up as a ghost and Ben had a party at The Cannabis Castle, it’s from Cannabis Cup 1994. The dutch cup happens in November each year so those seeds were sold at the end of 1994 and beginning of 1995. In the summer of 1995, if you went to places that sold Jack Herer weed you’d see it was priced higher than any other variety on any menu. Most places would price the flowers from Jack as high as the best imported hash per gram and some places, like in Amsterdam, would have restrictions on how much flowers of Jack Herer each person could by per day it was so popular.

The weed was really good but not my personal favorite though some of my friends loved it and they also grew the seeds, both from the first release and from later releases. For whatever reason, something changed in the seed variety after the initial release. That usually is the story in this industry, things change. I haven’t seen that old Jack since the end of the 90s, 1998 was the last year I personally smoked it.

A few things that might have something to do with the evolution of Jack Herer cannabis seeds:

In 1995 Greenhouse Seed Company started to sell cannabis seeds and some of the varieties they sold were made by Nevil. Nevil stopped making seeds that were sold through Sensi Seed Bank so if Sensi wanted to make another release of JH they had to know what it was and still have the male and female clones. Did they?

Sometimes dutch cups had mothers entered under the name of a seed variety as was the case with that NL5 x Haze C #1 female clone, it has won cups under a few different names and companies throughout the years. What flowers were entered in the first cup as Jack Herer? Was it flowers from the mother 5C1 or was it a selected plant from seeds made as JH? What female clone flowers won the cup as SSH in 1996, 1997 and 1998? Was it that old 5C1 or was it a daughter to her?

Names alone won’t ever clear this history up so it’s important that we’re specific when having these discussions. There’s so many seed offerings from different companies that are named Jack Herer today so it is very important to specify which JH we are talking about.

Nevile was never on MNS forums....this Nevile claim that Diesel is SSH....Diesel dosent exist in Holland....if it only what was called Diesel was A5 so shurley not SSH and very different to any SSH.....of MNS...that Nevile from MNS didnt knew that He breed with NL9....he only knew NL from 1-8.....I dont get it why people took serious this fake infos of that avatar called Nevile from Mr.Nice seeds ???
Its obvius that this acc is used by hempy and jessie to spread missinforamtions about genetics......

Jack Herer is made with help of Sam the Skunkman for Sensi Seeds in facilites of Tjalling Erkelens, Nevile wasnt breeding at them time,but he was there with them hanging around...

Nevile had 2 cuts only...after he come from prison..

1 was NL5xhaze called Nevile's Haze cuz it was ''Haze'' provided by Nevile,second was Silver Haze....Jack's favourite smoke...sometimes called Jack Herer cut....

This is that soapy Jack....original Silver Haze...but that cut was called JH cuz it was J's favorite smoke....still today you can find soapy hazes in SH by Sensi seeds....but you need to search today growers grow 3 seeds and say its shit not good lineage.....

So after breeding few years with Sam's instruction cuz he was the maine guy....master breeder...he also say to Nevile what to cross...etc....Master peace of breeding was achived JACK HERER seed line....in the name of JACK HERER the man....

(SHIVA SKUNK x NL5) x O.HAZE

I know that some of you look Nevile like some god or something special but he was only man who growed about 90 plants in castel per rounds....

You have to have in mind that Horthapharm was first,Maripharm and Bedrocan....had licences and grow much more with scientific becup so much more easy breeding than snifing and smoking some plants around....

It's good to have been missing for a while and to come back to find the same battles ....
LOL

:listen2:You know this is how religious conflicts that last for millenia start out,..right?😅 Just look at Isak and Ishmael, the founders of Judaism and Islam, they were brothers after all,.. and look how thats escalated,.. Lol :lurk:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nevile was never on MNS forums....this Nevile claim that Diesel is SSH....Diesel dosent exist in Holland....if it only what was called Diesel was A5 so shurley not SSH and very different to any SSH.....of MNS...that Nevile from MNS didnt knew that He breed with NL9....he only knew NL from 1-8.....I dont get it why people took serious this fake infos of that avatar called Nevile from Mr.Nice seeds ???
Its obvius that this acc is used by hempy and jessie to spread missinforamtions about genetics......

Jack Herer is made with help of Sam the Skunkman for Sensi Seeds in facilites of Tjalling Erkelens, Nevile wasnt breeding at them time,but he was there with them hanging around...

1 was NL5xhaze called Nevile's Haze cuz it was ''Haze'' provided by Nevile,second was Silver Haze....Jack's favourite smoke...sometimes called Jack Herer cut....

This is that soapy Jack....original Silver Haze...but that cut was called JH cuz it was J's favorite smoke....still today you can find soapy hazes in SH by Sensi seeds....but you need to search today growers grow 3 seeds and say its shit not good lineage.....

So after breeding few years with Sam's instruction cuz he was the maine guy....master breeder...he also say to Nevile what to cross...etc....Master peace of breeding was achived JACK HERER seed line....in the name of JACK HERER the man....

I know that some of you look Nevile like some god or something special but he was only man who growed about 90 plants in castel per rounds....

You have to have in mind that Horthapharm was first,Maripharm and Bedrocan....had licences and grow much more with scientific becup so much more easy breeding than snifing and smoking some plants around....

It is true sam did 100,000 if not Millions of seeds over the years in the greenhouse in the hortipharm runs but why is it Nevilles strains clones are still run today and no selected clones from the millions sam run or were ever seen in or at least grown commercially for coffeshops .

Some of you guys talk about Sam as god also but i only talk about Neville being the best Haze breeder and that is clear from the work he did with the most famous Haze strains that ever existed from his work at the Seedbank of Holland , Sensi seeds , Greenhouse , Mr nice seeds( using all of Nevilles catalouge of seeds) and many other co's Neville would sell.bulk seeds to who try claim his work as their own since Neville passed and of course his last ever work the grail project made in Aus

CannaT

Premium user
It is true sam did 100,000 if not Millions of seeds over the years in the greenhouse in the hortipharm runs but why is it Nevilles strains clones are still run today and no selected clones from the millions sam run or were ever seen in or at least grown commercially for coffeshops .

Some of you guys talk about Sam as god also but i only talk about Neville being the best Haze breeder and that is clear from the work he did with the most famous Haze strains that ever existed from his work at the Seedbank of Holland , Sensi seeds , Greenhouse , Mr nice seeds( using all of Nevilles catalouge of seeds) and many other co's Neville would sell.bulk seeds to who try claim his work as their own since Neville passed and of course his last ever work the grail project made in Aus

Nevilles clones run today cuz they are genetics provided by Sam...Nevile had bullocks or crazyines to be the one who is 1st mand that sell seeds samy illegaly for black/gray market and Im very greatfull to him...and for this we must be all happy and gratefull to Nevile for this ......story is simple,

In this story Nevile was like communist he gived genetics to the people :)

RIP for Nevile and all legends who are not more whit us ,of this cannabis story that had part of it.

Stocktont

Veteran

All I said was that it can be confusing with names and cannabis and when talking about it or we will end up with an argument talking about two totally different things using the same names, kind of what we have here. You’re quoting my post so I take it you’re talking to me hence I will clarify myself one more time. I made references to seeds being bought from Sensi Seed Bank and I made references to another public forum. I didn’t claim anything only gave my experience using those sources. I am not interested in having your arguments as I frankly don’t see why you direct them to me. If these are some arguments you’re having with others maybe you should continue to have them with those people. If you’re having them with me, then it’s obvious there’s some kind of dissonance in our communication as I can’t for the life of me understand what it has to do with me? If you want to have a conversation with me about your claims then you need to make some references as I won’t simply take your word for it. But like I said, those issues are of very low interest for me so maybe you should have that talk with someone else, I was talking about the problems with names and cannabis and how it’s in no way is a set system where if you buy these seeds under this name it will be the same as all other seeds under that same name. And again as you quote me though your wording it in quite general terms, your gran finale makes no sense at all to me. Where did I write about anyone as a god, the only subjective thought were on the similarities or differences between the first release of Jack Herer from Sensi Seed Bank and the successive ones. Like that old Pink Floyd song goes, ”your lips move but I can’t hear what you’re saying”, simply put you make no sense with that reply to me.

https://cacpodcast.com/08-the-strain-game-whats-in-a-name/#prettyPhoto

A good start for the discussion on names in cannabis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts