What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OT haze is related to sams haze... There is proof on phylos on a DNA level.... The Ace oldtimer is tied to all of the deepest narrow leaf colombians which are all stuff Sam and his friends posted on Phylos..

See to me the green old Timers Haze & the seedsman original haze have very similar type structure (these examples at least)

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Hopefully soon we can figure out a better way to categorize, and label things....We gotta figure out a better labeling, and language to communicate with on this plant.. So we can communicate, educate, and progress at a more rapid rate.... All it takes is one discovery, or observation to unlock many more discoveries, and change the way everything is understood...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Haze was preserved by Sam and it came from unknown growers.

If the line did not originate from Sam skunkman then its not Haze.

Originally posted by Oldtimer1

I was involved in contributing genetics in the early days towards the breeding of what later became skunk#1, but I don’t like what it has become now.

Originally posted by Oldtimer1 at bcg forum

My haze was brought here [uk] from the states during its development it was still being developed field scale and may not represent the finished product. From what I have gleaned the nearest to the real thing on sale in Europe was sold by Wernard of Positronics. After he went bankrupt his stock and seed Co was taken over by Dutch passion / Home grown fantaseeds. Both these seed banks are run by relatives. The thing is that the spec for their haze has been changed from posies one in a big reduction on the finish time on 12/12. I suspect they have made a cross to a non dom indica.The thing is if you want to grow real haze it takes 12 to 16 weeks on 12/12 the very best being the late ones. The only other Haze that may have some of the original one in could be Nevils haze but greenhouse haven't published its spec yet but once again I suspect it will have indica added we will see. Most the other so called haze are lambs breath and Thai crosses. In fact in Holland haze has become a generic term for a sat with a strong up high.

Its not the same as Sam's Haze end of story.

The person that preserved the line being called OT Haze was Wolfman from Cannabis world and he never got credit for it others did.. OldTimer gave him a line of unknown sativa seed at the Vic High BC as he could not grow them were he was he said. OT was growing dutch haze at the time tho go look in the BC archives its all there.

Wolfman then started a thread at the MrNice forum at CW were he offered for free seed of this unknow sativa now being called haze to Shanti and to i think 10 growers all up for FREE to preserve and share.

I was offered the seed i said no.

Shanti / Fet / Dubi / and a few others got them,. Shanti grew them out and culled them all .

If were going to call any unrelated sativa Haze then be my guest.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thanks Hempy :wave:I’ve seen those pics they’re decades old…Is there really that little documentation on seedsman original haze over the years?

Hi Star haze growers over the past few decades on the forums were few in numbers mate.

Only real information we have on Haze is what Sam him self has posted and what Nevil has Shared with the work he did with the seed he bought from Sam.

Rob Clack has dropped a little info to that's about it in a nut shell.

The rest is from the growers sharing their experiences mate.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
There are many world class sativas out there but they are becoming harder to find and many do resemble Haze or share similarity to Haze and each and every one of them no matter if they have originated from the Haze line or not are worth preserving growing and enjoying.

What i have notice is more of an interest by growers to grow sativas were not that long ago most would not of even consider them.

What i am also seeing that stands to benefit the community of sativa lovers is more seed sellers coming on line like The Land Race team/ The Real Seed Co that are focusing on specific regions and heirloom sativas found there.

funkyhorse

Master star crash
I grew last winter Seedsman Hz from original pack side by side with Mad Mac hazes Golli Hz x Johnny Hz and viceversa
I also tried them indoors and buds dont flower the same indoors and outdoors. For me these are clearly outdoor varieties
Plants were similar looking and all gave similar kind of buds with similar smells/tastes. Highs depended on the plant
These are my 4 girls from the original Seedsman pack I bought for 21 euros in 2019 from a defunct seedbank. It was the only and last pack left. If there are more packs available for same price I am customer. I cant understand why repros at the canna world are more expensive than the originals, I dont find any logic behind this

Girls 1 and 3 from the Seedsman Haze original pack were the best. They are july phenos, what would be your january
Seedsman original haze fem 3 and 1.jpeg

Girl 2 from original pack was the least productive but not bad high
Seedsman original haze fem 2 (3).jpeg
Seedsman original haze fem 2 (4).jpeg

Girl 4 from original pack was the fastest and the most productive one and a little more chunky than the rest. Low quality. Whatever I have left of this goes to the tumbler next round. It was done at the same time as the fastest of Mad Mac crosses but MadMac plants were much better quality than this one, better smelling and the best was on par or even better than the july phenos
Seedsman original haze fem 4 (2).jpeg
Seedsman original haze fem 4 (3).jpeg
Seedsman original haze fem 4 (4).jpeg

Star, why dont you try a heated greenhouse for your hazes? Heating an indoor garage or an outdoor greenhouse I dont think there is much difference in terms of costs and you would save the cost of lights on the greenhouse.
You will be able to keep flowering original hazes and other pure sativas under 13 hours of light

Montuno

...como el Son...
Haze was preserved by Sam and it came from unknown growers.

If the line did not originate from Sam skunkman then its not Haze.

Its not the same as Sam's Haze end of story.

The person that preserved the line being called OT Haze was Wolfman from Cannabis world and he never got credit for it others did.. OldTimer gave him a line of unknown sativa seed at the Vic High BC as he could not grow them were he was he said. OT was growing dutch haze at the time tho go look in the BC archives its all there.

Wolfman then started a thread at the MrNice forum at CW were he offered for free seed of this unknow sativa now being called haze to Shanti and to i think 10 growers all up for FREE to preserve and share.

I was offered the seed i said no.

Shanti / Fet / Dubi / and a few others got them,. Shanti grew them out and culled them all .

If were going to call any unrelated sativa Haze then be my guest.

Revisa tu historia.
Yo asisti en directo (vía internet) a cuando OldTimer eligió a Kaiki y Dubi para trabajar "su" Haze, y no fue en el foro de Mr.Nice, al que nunca he entrado.

Check your history.
I attended live (via internet) when OldTimer chose Kaiki and Dubi to work on "his" Haze, and it wasn't on the Mr.Nice forum, which I've never joined.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Revisa tu historia.
Yo asisti en directo (vía internet) a cuando OldTimer eligió a Kaiki y Dubi para trabajar "su" Haze, y no fue en el foro de Mr.Nice, al que nunca he entrado.

Check your history.
I attended live (via internet) when OldTimer chose Kaiki and Dubi to work on "his" Haze, and it wasn't on the Mr.Nice forum, which I've never joined.

Montuno my story is CORRECT i was there you clearly were not.

The person people should be giving credit to for preserving the line they call OTH and passing it out is Wolfman.

Ask Dubi about the thread in MrNice at CANNABIS WORLD FORUM as that is were Wolfman gave the seeds out from to people including Dubi.

This story just keeps evolving like Chinese whispers.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
A little more info for you.

Oldtimer1
9-28-1999
Vic my haze lines are separate from the conventional dutch hazes of sam the skunkman. To grow with tropicals indoors and under lighting, well totally different techniques are needed but to my mind they are worth it. This year I have passed on most of what I had left of my h seed stock to a friend and if he is successful the strain may carry on we will see. I do have some mums from a series of crosses m between h and ss of which hd s one, its my fav smoke and takes 9 to 10 w on 12 h.

Oldtimer1
7-16-2001
Budm, to answer your question no, this haze line is from a commune north of Sacramento and evolved separately but at the same time as Dutchmen haze lines. I hope this helps a bit Budm, I hope i don't owe you any mail I've been ill gain and have lost track a bit. cha cal I for one would appreciate hearing about your developing scrog system and come to that any further developments with scuffing.
All the best Ot1

Hi All

Well nice to read all your thoughts and beliefs...but no matter who you choose to believe it is a decision you make as none of you were there. Neville traveled widely without people knowing where he was and who he met so speculate all you like as proof is in the seed. We have been using the same Haze males for a long time now and if you wish to view strain based info and photos of the F1 seeds grown by real growers who merely buy the seed from MNS...be my guest.

I did receive so called Haze seeds from wolfman over at CW years ago...but for me it was nothing of selected seed in it since after 18 weeks flower it was still growing. I never made a comment about it as i only had 20 seed sample or so ...I still probably have the rest somewhere...but no matter what everyone is yelling proof is in the seed. There are few guys who I really trust with original stock and Neville is one of them. So for those of you who believe Sam's story about Neville....or for those of you who believe Neville's exposure of Sam...all I can say is Mr Nice Seedbank is still using plants of Nevilles after many years...without fluctuation. I really do not care nor does Neville any longer about all the myths people wish to create...the onus is on the grower/buyer to find as clost to the originals as he or she can...and the empty barrels make the loudest sounds.

So all the best Shantibaba

all the best,
Shantibaba

I was there you were clearly not.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Montuno my story is CORRECT i was there you clearly were not.

The person people should be giving credit to for preserving the line they call OTH and passing it out is Wolfman.

Ask Dubi about the thread in MrNice at CANNABIS WORLD FORUM as that is were Wolfman gave the seeds out from to people including Dubi.

This story just keeps evolving like Chinese whispers.

Ajá: la traducción automática del mensaje que te cité, se confundía con "el foro de Mr.Nice"... Ahora, al traducirme este segundo mensaje tuyo, si leo claro que el foro fue Cannabis World.
Mi primera interpelacion a ti fue fruto de este " error/malinterpretación"; disculpa las molestias por el malentendido.
Salud y sativeo bueno.

Aha: the automatic translation of the message I quoted to you was confused with "Mr.Nice's forum"... Now, by translating this second message of yours, I can clearly read that the forum was Cannabis World.
My first interpellation to you was the result of this "mistake/misinterpretation"; sorry for the inconvenience of the misunderstanding.
Health and good sativa thing.

Pd: in fact, I think that the English translation of this last answer of mine is also confusing...

harvestreaper

Veteran
grown many oldtimer haze hybrids over years the ot haze x meothai is strong in couple of our outdoor lines i find it nice smoke in general but the standouts are in the smaller percent much how all hazes seem to be described ,,,as star said its not much diffrent to seedsman on the surface lets not forget neville did not put any pure hazes out they were all nl crosses which explains the obvious diffrences imo my first experiances with haze /yrids werre plants that looked very much like sams ol plant in the pic super sticky good yeild kinda mex appearance to my eyes ..on the subject of nl founds these today in back of a cupboard never had nl seeds i can only guess they from our old nl5 clone crossed inbred no idea ,,,from earl;y 90s kept at room temp will be a miracle if they pop
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211203_142322.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	18005897

sbeanonnamellow

Hempy the historian! Thanks for digging up those quotes and sharing them with the commmunity. I'm a fan of the thin leafs! Tropical expressions are my jam, and not just cannabis. Tropical fruits, tropical beaches, tropical waves, and tan tropical women. Tropical food. We revolve around the sun and I love the energy it radiates.

Massive respect to those preserving and working with the vintage long flowering thin leaf types because they take more time and energy for sure. Long term commitment. It is a labor of love yeah

In a fit of stupidity or brilliance, not exactly sure which just yet, I recently trashed the garden and had a bunch of the Oldtimers in there that had such a lovely vibe and energy to them. I've been kicking myself since, full of regret as they were the remaining seed stock I had left.

They were super fuzzy, that velvet feel to the leaves and on young plant shoots. How fitting they come from a Wolfman! I love it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nevils Haze 2021 YoSammy’s >>>
Click image for larger version  Name:	47163942-FA37-4911-AA34-C3DB3650B7E5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	239.3 KB ID:	18005977
Super Silver Haze 2003. (Star Crash’s ) >>>>
Click image for larger version  Name:	47163942-FA37-4911-AA34-C3DB3650B7E5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	239.3 KB ID:	18005977
Click image for larger version  Name:	EE6F6604-BE0C-4816-BFC9-1A28C2B3701D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	18005975
Click image for larger version  Name:	F9E86658-545F-4271-93ED-B1D0AC678253.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	109.6 KB ID:	18005976

Montuno

...como el Son...
Tell you one thing …it’s not incense… neither were the parents…I don’t know what original haze is supposed to smell like maybe someone can tell me ?..Johnny says it shouldn’t be sweet but I am getting sweetness undertones…also to those who’ve grown Haze in the past >>> does this look like a Haze should look like? Compare ^^^ Montuno’s Green OldTimers Haze #19 X A5 Haze
To the OHaze ¥¥¥

Mire, patrón Star Crash:

3-Diciembre / December-3

Como ya os comenté, el gran numero de hojas esconde e impide apreciar el enorme volmen de las flores de mi Green OldTimers Haze #19 x A5 Haze (A.C.E.)... Ella es así de recatada...
De noche podéis apreciar mejor de lo que hablo... Y recordad que nació tan tarde como el 17-Junio, y que hemos tenido el Noviembre (con heladas y tormentas de granizo incluidas) más frío que se recuerda.
​​​​​​Aqui tenéis a mi gordita un poco más "al desnudo"; ella es así, sin maquillaje ni fotoshop...:

As I already told you, the large number of leaves hides and prevents to appreciate the huge volume of the flowers of my Green OldTimers Haze #19 x A5 Haze (A.C.E.)... She's that demure...
At night you can better appreciate what I'm talking about.... And remember that she was born as late as 17-June, and that we have had the coldest November (with frost and hail storms included) in living memory.
Here you have my chubby girl a bit more "naked"; she is like that, without make-up or photoshop....:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPo5hMJTo-U

Vista general de la planta, y cola principal:

​​​​​​
Click image for larger version Name:	4221C352-D61C-47B2-94F5-8BBE6FFAD3F2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	213.9 KB ID:	18005440

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When I saw those colas on Sammy’s pic I wanted to compare them to my old pics looking for similarities

Your SSH in all honesty Star were ANIMALS and grown to their full potential.

Haze and heavy Haze hybrids can yield big even if the flowers are wispy and airy they can still yield big.

Status
Not open for further replies.