What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No ones arguing Hammer just pointing out the facts.

My point on UV-B was in regards to adding extra to a grow space.

The research you posted with them adding UV-C to a grow.

Both are in my opinion hazards firstly to growers and to the plants.

If the idea of lighting is to mimic natural day light then adding unnatural amounts of any UV is no longer natural is it.

Keep up.. With LED your prob gonna add more UV-B. No one adds UV-B when using HID bulbs, They all have UV-A/B. I like to read articles that show results good or bad like the one I posted.

I use supplemental UV indoors as there is none in my HID lights and the difference is quite a lot. They come on mid light cycle for an hour only until the last 3-4 weeks where they have 2 hours mid cycle. I use what’s called a migro UV310. Osram do a good UV tube too. Mine is 25% UVA and 75% UVB. I do not tend to the plants when these are on as it’s about 9 times the UV from natural sunlight. I’m growing the same clones and like to extract oil. The yield since using UV has increased about 30% and the potency is notably stronger too. There is no detrimental effect on yield or plant health.

What kind of HID bulbs are you using that you would need to add more UV-B? If there's no UV-B than yes you should add some, the question is how much. You should prob read the article I posted. UV is not good. Finding the right balance between enough or too much is the question.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last I checked metal halide lamps used a outer glass bulb that stopped almost all uv. Maybe that has changed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Last I checked metal halide lamps used a outer glass bulb that stopped almost all uv. Maybe that has changed.

You should check again mate.

Metal Halide bulbs have recently been adapted by major pet supply brands (Exo Terra and Zoo Med so far) as the latest, greatest source for UVA, UVB, and heat for your pet reptiles. ... UVB output from these bulbs is fantastic. As of right now, they're probably the best artificial source of UVA and UVB available

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
UV-A almost makes up 99% of the UV hitting the earth

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 09-50-44 The Truth About UV Light and Your Plants.png Views:	0 Size:	293.8 KB ID:	17988846

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 09-51-43 The Truth About UV Light and Your Plants.png Views:	0 Size:	352.5 KB ID:	17988847

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 09-52-14 The Truth About UV Light and Your Plants.png Views:	0 Size:	279.2 KB ID:	17988848

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thank you Star they are looking very nice and frosty is that a clone from the first grow or from seed you made ?.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning 🌞 hempy , All the Haze grew this year are from the seeds that came from the original grow (except for the candelabra clone:biglaugh:) all documented right here in this very thread.. I’m extremely happy with what I’m seeing I learned a lot this year and have a lot more to learn about how to grow these even better …they do need planning

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have been following you i really liked the male you had this summer that was a nice looking plant.

Running seed is fun and you get to know the line much better.

Sativas have vigor in or out doors and can dominate a space in no time.

Sativas or heavy sativa lines may need longer flower time and more space but the yield of quality flower you get is worth the extra time and space.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Back to Haze.

I dont read to many talking about Sk x Haze and yet its in very famous lines like Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze to name just two.

I know Nevil made 2 versions SkxHazeC and a SkxHazeA.

Super Sativa Seed Club Haze that they have had for years is a SkxHz not sure but i think it could be from Sam.

I also know Sam released a SkxHz i think as freebies but not 100% if they were free or were sold.

I have a version i was lucky to get 2002 i think as test seed from shanti.

Would love to hear of any that have had experiences with the SkxHaze .

The skunk x haze from Sam was available on seedbay/RGSeeds, Not sure if it was a freebie either but I was lucky to snag a pack or two, got some in flower at the moment for testing...Will take pics next week when I am back...taking a well deserved break at the moment!

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The skunk x haze from Sam was available on seedbay/RGSeeds, Not sure if it was a freebie either but I was lucky to snag a pack or two, got some in flower at the moment for testing...Will take pics next week when I am back...taking a well deserved break at the moment!

Hi maryjaneismyfre thanks for the response looking forward to the pics and enjoy the brake.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This OH 1990 is so slow.. It's over 3 months (exactly 94 days) and both are barely growing any flowers. I'm not sure if these will ever finish. Both are 12' tall. They would have been taller had I not used LST. Both look the same.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1731.JPG Views:	0 Size:	228.4 KB ID:	17992039

DSCN1734.JPG

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
They look good Hammer the clones may come in faster but regardless of how long they take or how the flowers look you may just have some of the best smoke weighting for you when their ready.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Sub24ox7 so do i was lucky enough to get hold of some in the early 2000s and i only grew out 10 from what i was given and from them i saw some amazing plants.

I still have a good number i never grew out as i focused on other things but plan on pulling them out of storage and running them again.

My ones are from Nevil's work he did in Holland.

harvestreaper

Veteran
This OH 1990 is so slow.. It's over 3 months (exactly 94 days) and both are barely growing any flowers. I'm not sure if these will ever finish. Both are 12' tall. They would have been taller had I not used LST. Both look the same.

have you got room to shorten the daytime ,,, might help

OldCoolSativa

I believe that the really special effects come from the plants that flower the longest, and that's a long-legged girl for sure. I think she'll go 22-24 weeks. By way of comparison, here's a puntobiche I grew a few years ago, at 89 days and again at harvest at 20 weeks. You'r OH look a tad slower to me. Swelling buds are in your future!

Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN1731.JPG Views:	0 Size:	228.4 KB ID:	17992039

Click image for larger version Name:	DSCN1731.JPG Views:	0 Size:	228.4 KB ID:	17992039

Status
Not open for further replies.