What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THH, This is the time to pay attention on how fast they are drinking. IMO error on the side of dryness just don't let them stay that way for long. Monitor at least 1x every 8-10 hrs. Everything still looks on point. I'm glad I started flowering when I did, at 3x stretch now.. Any bigger they would stretch into the lights. I might do some LST on some.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1224.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	17942211
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1225.JPG Views:	0 Size:	136.4 KB ID:	17942212
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1226.JPG Views:	0 Size:	203.6 KB ID:	17942213
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1230.JPG Views:	0 Size:	301.4 KB ID:	17942214

acespicoli

Metal Haze is a sativa variety from Dutch Flowers and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±67 days) and outdoors. Dutch Flowers' Metal Haze is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.
Dutch Flowers' Metal Haze Description

Experienced smokers know nothing comes close to the potency of a true Haze. Growers also know this, but long flowering periods, unruly phenotypes, and the infamous 1-in-5-crapshoot chance of finding a special female have held many back. Breeding an indoor-friendly Haze strain that consistently delivers superior potency has been the very focus of DF breeding efforts since its inception. To that end, the team has collected and grown enough clones and crosses to setup a small Haze museum. Synthesizing our best Haze genetics into one line posed a considerable challenge. In early trials, proven clones passed down their potency genes on to the next generations using an unacceptable, unpredictable domino pattern. To develop a superior seed line, males were tested the hard way, growing out their offspring to recognize the best possible pollen source. Winning donors pollinated our choicest females, and their offspring was then heavily selected at the second generation. Recombinant individuals displaying the desired potency, phenotype, flowering and yield traits were identified and inbred into separate lines. Three years after the project begun, the resulting lines were finally blended, giving rise to our Metal Haze, a hybrid that received high praise from skeptic industry testers. Named after the metal-lit room that keeps our Haze clone collection alive, Metal Haze displays the brain-warping quality that fueled the legend. It is a modern, trippy cerebral sativa, with classic psychoactive soar and scant body cues. Connoisseurs report a deadly, creeper with no ceiling, combination of effects. The phenotype is fully suitable for indoor growing, with a branching habit resulting in an abundance of dense, oily, attractive buds. Aromas range from animal sour spice to sweet piney mint, often accompanied by rotten meat undertones. Overindulging the Metal Haze is not recommended for the sativa sensitive or the inexperienced. It is a deceptively smooth smoke that starts out uplifting and super-active -ideal for musicians and creative types- and climbs ever higher in a succession of intense waves, taking perception to uncharted lands. We trust the virtues bred into Metal Haze to earn its place in discriminating gardens, and satisfy demanding sativa aficionados.

*theres another thread for the hybrids (MH flower time look short for a haze)

Bnyest

anyways... can't really understand where this cut come since acespicoli introduces it as an old school stuff that to me doesn't resemble an haze, neither an hazehybrid in the classic shape.

He was talking about old school Metal Haze. I showed Metal Dragon ( metal haze crossed to broad leafed Burmese ibl ). Ohh and it was f2 of MD. F2 = a lot of variation 🤯🤓

I think you are missing the point , the point is the magic came from HazeA and hazeC , two plants out of 10 plants that Nevil got and they both passed the magic, no big selections. While all the SamS SKxHZ we grew or OH back in the 2000s was never as good AND THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT LINES, not that we should mention Sam said he grew thousands of the OH, so we can assume his SK x HZ , haze selection is possibly close to his best . The seeds Nevil got were DIFFERENT and produced magic plants . They smell grow and smoke different. Being breeding material is just some crap Sam made to think the plants change from crap to magic . Well let me tell you the female haze Nevil got and the reversed hazeC he tried he said it was the best smoke he have ever had in his life. HE DIDNT HAVE TO OUTCROSS them to bring the magic out , THEY WERE ALREADY MAGIC. The truth is the OH from SAM is some inbred bad stuff which is only a pale shadow of the seeds Nevil got , you dont need to outcross it to make it fire , it was already fire and by crossing it he made it even more fire. Nevil didnt have 10% good plants 90% bad plants from his seeds. I only know Seedsman OH is "real" haze because someone found frankincense haze in there after a lot of search ( which was the best OH ive ever tried in my life btw ) , only a pale shadow of what hazes Nevil had. In the Nevils Haze f1 seed you could find almost pure haze fire plants , all fire , tell me it was fire because of the 25% outcross to nl5 that produced these fire plants and everyone will laugh.

I dont eat the outcross magic bullshit candy , I have done breeding 15 years . It was just some crap Sam made up to make his unreliable seeds look good. Thats why his SK x HZ was also crap and we flushed them down the toilet , because outcrossing doesn't create some stupid magic.

"only Sam Tom and Nevil" understand how the magic works , ha ha ha . I do too , you have good parents or you dont.

Thanks for listening,
l33t

I agree with you l33t that the parental stock used in the early haze hybrids was exceptional and very likely gone except in nev/shanti hybrids. I just thought it a paranoid downer compared to the other, thats all. You certainly have documented giant juicy heads on it and that goes a long way with me - solid. You just wrong kid, this other one,,,, it's mo betta :D

Came out about 50/50 by the way. Half of you give 2 shits about truth and half of you are perfectly content to have sunshine blown up your ass all day lol. 50/50 is close enough i will no longer accomidate hippies

Last edited:
THH, This is the time to pay attention on how fast they are drinking. IMO error on the side of dryness just don't let them stay that way for long. Monitor at least 1x every 8-10 hrs. Everything still looks on point. I'm glad I started flowering when I did, at 3x stretch now.. Any bigger they would stretch into the lights. I might do some LST on some.

Yeah yeah thats what i mean when i say they run on glue and tar do not baby them as you would most plants they do not like that.

bullshit , that ban was appropriate

When I first came here to IC , his post were very educational , I loved that big plants thread his sour D grows etc . Now his post are disrespectful and out there . I would be concerned if he was someone I cared for , like an elderly at his late stages .

If I was younger me I would have responded long ago . He’s disrespectful to us and he has disrespected me by name Atleast 3 times in recent weeks

1luvbigherb

What would have me tell you bh? Oh wow thanks for getting to the bottom of it after all these decades? It is simply not true bro not sure how else to say it though i have tried 1000 ways lol.

I just coming to grips with fucking myself out of a couple lines out of 10,,,,, imagine trying to juggle 1000 lines and get back to me regarding the reality of the maths.

The shit i gave you guys 20 years ago was original haze and not another man on the planet could have written the description except Sam. Same as tfd same as all he been saying for litterally decades. End of.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What the difference between Tom hill haze and Seedsman Original Haze ? Specifically how are they different ? Thanks …

They gave my th account a 10 day time out is wtf lol. I have not grown seedman ohaze so i can not say. I have only grown my own posi haze since '94 and of course the nevil stuff too.that posi haze is legit trust me when i say it does not segregate into hybrid stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts