Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @hempy
    replied
    Lots of people are more focused on the speed of flower than they are the quality of flower in my opinion i saw this with the Mango Haze test seed people culled the plants because they took to long to flower.

The plants were to sativa acted like jungle sativas they said that really shocked me as they signed on to grow a haze hybrid what did they expect ?.

Out of all the people that were given the Mango haze test seed to grow only me and Jesse completed the grows.

People cull the long flowering sat hybrids and call them impractical biggest mistake they could make they could be throwing out the best plants and not even realize it.

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied
    When i grew out Doors Donald i would plant my seed depending on temps from September to October and i would not harvest before July or even as late as August.

Its not like i never grew out doors Donald.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Mallard
    replied
    Yes its certainly a bit different flowering those girls inside vs out in the tropical sun ,
    I wish I knew the magic formula nature provided so we could get them to do the same indoor ,
    I'm sure its a few factors combined the encourage them to go a little faster ,
    I suppose added to that is indoors one knows when one dials down their timers , where as outdoors one can only go on the first signs of flowering ,
    its likely there is some of the discrepancy,
    I will try and see what difference there is sometime by moving a plant from indoor to outdoor ,
    might be more accurate ,

i do know however that from woe to go here and in thailand ,
    at the right time of year ,, thai plants can grow and be harvested in less than 6 months ,
    often around 5 when planted after the monsoon , (we kinda assume 4 months of that is flowering)
    as is how it was done back in the days of the thai stick plants etc ,
    i think the guy that owns rsc has mentioned that somewhere too ...
    I'm sure the plants take notice of the season changing and act accordingly,
    indoors there is less of that sort of influence of course ....

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied
    My MangoHaze were test seed the grow was documented from seed germination to harvest as were my Nevils Haze my ShitHaze my SSH and all the others now i dont determine how long they take to flower the plants do i call 16 weeks fast.

Lots of growers harvest to early but i allow my plants to go full cycle my Nevils haze are flowering under 11/13.

Leave a comment:

• Raho
    replied
    deleted because it's not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Hammerhead
    replied
    All of my P53 are running 12-13 weeks to finish. I've not found 1 that finishes before that. Clones def have a more open structure vs Seed plants did. My last 2 seed testers are in now. I haven't seen any harvest dates changing from seed to clones. The only time I noticed this was when I upgraded to CMH. Plants would finish about 7-10 faster.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Mallard
    replied
    Originally posted by @hempy View Post

Its a well known Fact the clone plants can come in faster than the seed plant Donald but were did i say 8 weeks or 6 weeks faster than the seed plant ?.

What i posted was
    Originally posted by@hempy View Post

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If your growing a haze hybrid and there all hybrids by the way your growing them for that special high not the look not the smell and clearly not the fast flowering time now i never saw a haze hybrid from seed even a 50% haze ever go 12 weeks. They were longer flowering more around the 18 weeks some even longer.

My Nevils Haze F2s are at week 10 and 4 days almost 11 weeks now i cant see these finishing for at lest 6 to 8 more weeks as a guess.

You dont grow Haze if you want fast flowering plants if were talking the Widow then i would expect 11 to 12 weeks.[/QUOTE]

ahh yep i see ,
    the way you write confuses me sometimes I guess so I misread or misunderstood what you meant,
    i was surprised as I; said because I've seen cutting shave a few weeks off the seed plant , but never a massive amount ...

id have to say I reckon shantis mango haze ibl would be around a 12 weeker,
    they finished in my winter/spring grow
    usually they wont do that ,
    1 of the nevils haze plants I grew from his seed also did that , the others were far from it ,
    and most of the mango haze i have grown before had a real hard time finishing then ,

outdoor where I grow is a little different to your indoors and regularly shaves a few weeks off the times you get it seems ,
    they never go 18 to 20 weeks flowering , even stubborn pure sativas don't do that ...
    most haze hybrids would be up to 14 weeks flowering , pure sativas up to 16 ..

Leave a comment:

• CannaRed
    replied
    I'd be interested to see the how everyone feeds their OHaze. Or any of the long flowering sativas.

Leave a comment:

• Sub24ox7
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDarkStorm View Post

I tend to like the more stretchy ones hempy...im sure alot would have picked the quicker ones...but ive found a few in hazeC decandants that gave that more beady type structure...they tended to be covered in resin all over even on the stems...and when grown right the product was more intresting.. would be hard to match...in the past ive found ones like that in the ssh, the original g13haze,the old 5 haze...its why I was wondering if star crash managed to try his out...I wish a lot more plants like that were still around...but not many kept those ones
    Exactly what I found in one o. Haze/skunk#1 x Hawaiian indica was different then all the rest, resin on stems and pearl shaped calyx that get extremely covered and this female was the one that pollinated everything in the grow room lightly and the progeny I have tested have resin in stems and pearl calyx too.

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied
    Originally posted by Donald Mallard View Post

wow that's a big difference , cant say I've seen that much in cuttings vs seed of the same variety ,
    have you seen that much diff flowering a cutting from a 20 week plant and having it go 6-8 weeks earlier to harvest??

best I've seen is a week or two , not much more , they do develop a bit better on the second and subsequent runs ,
    but I've not seen a massive difference as you are noting ...
    Its a well known Fact the clone plants can come in faster than the seed plant Donald but were did i say 8 weeks or 6 weeks faster than the seed plant ?.

What i posted was

[/QUOTE]Originally posted by@hempy View Post

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.[/QUOTE]

If your growing a haze hybrid and there all hybrids by the way your growing them for that special high not the look not the smell and clearly not the fast flowering time now i never saw a haze hybrid from seed even a 50% haze ever go 12 weeks. They were longer flowering more around the 18 weeks some even longer.

My Nevils Haze F2s are at week 10 and 4 days almost 11 weeks now i cant see these finishing for at lest 6 to 8 more weeks as a guess.

You dont grow Haze if you want fast flowering plants if were talking the Widow then i would expect 11 to 12 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Young
    replied
    You dont have to worry about Hempy breeding the Haze out of his lines lol.. Most select the heaviest yielding most skunk influenced phenos in the SSH/Mangohz that ive seen. That looks close to Ohaze as it gets. With probably no visible difference only improvement on a genetic, cannabinoid level. A nice selection for not straying too far in 1 generation, and racing toward skunk or nl dominance longterm.

Leave a comment:

• Donald Mallard
    replied
    Originally posted by @hempy View Post

Clone plants can come in way faster than the seed mom plant but whats an extra 6 or 8 weeks if we are talking huge plants big yields with trippy highs 12 weeks vs 20 weeks.
    wow that's a big difference , cant say I've seen that much in cuttings vs seed of the same variety ,
    have you seen that much diff flowering a cutting from a 20 week plant and having it go 6-8 weeks earlier to harvest??

best I've seen is a week or two , not much more , they do develop a bit better on the second and subsequent runs ,
    but I've not seen a massive difference as you are noting ...

Leave a comment:

• bigherb
    replied
    Quite a few lines cary that red sap trait...ive seen it in columbians, brazilians, Hawaiians and many others including hybrids...I wouldn't say its a sign of quality...probably just a sign of that particular plant carrying a higher ratio of a certain chemical similar to how purple plants do...their are a number of lines were only some plants cary the red sap trait with others that dont, similar to some that do that geutation thing and can give red as well as clear or amber or pink sugary fluid...ive never noticed a plant to be of higher quality or more potency that carries the red sap trait. Tho I guess if you analyze it at a scientific level you may find the trait can be linked to something..but potency I doubt.
    I experienced a Ohaze x dsd that bled red sap . This was the first I seen or smoked in any Haze or Haze hybrids I’ve personally seen . Pics in Post 1297 from my thread

1luvbigherb

Leave a comment:

• mojave green
    replied

Leave a comment:

• @hempy
    replied

I tend to like the more stretchy ones hempy...im sure alot would have picked the quicker ones...but ive found a few in hazeC decandants that gave that more beady type structure...they tended to be covered in resin all over even on the stems...and when grown right the product was more intresting.. would be hard to match...in the past ive found ones like that in the ssh, the original g13haze,the old 5 haze...its why I was wondering if star crash managed to try his out...I wish a lot more plants like that were still around...but not many kept those ones
    The funny thing for me is out of all of the haze work Nevil did the only one i did not like i tried was the SSH it was the only line i could pick up traces of NL in it and the one i say had what i call the dirty high.

Dont get me wrong they were great plants just not for me.

This was my pick out of all the F1s i ran.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_521135.jpg Views:	6 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	17855232

Leave a comment:

Working...
X