What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dj9

Dj9 i dont know where ore what made you feel atacked, that was never my attention.

All i wanted to do was let you know who and what and when and where these cuts came from, i dont want to post that in open forum, thats dry snitching and could have risks for people here south netherlands and there current situation.

And no dont know you, i expect i wasnt around when you where, i didnt smoke these Hazes ore knew these people before 1997/1998 and was only in my early 20.s

What I did was make clones in 2001 till 2003 for A. these cuts where flowerd by me and a local group and brought to F. to be given to growers around Breda, most of those flowers ended up at J.s shop in Breda and a Shop in Maastricht.

My source for the Cuts was A. they all came from F. In Breda. We would bring cuts and flower and bring Hash Maroc Nepali back. Im from further South then Breda.

That shoot be anouf, no PM. Needed only when you need me to fill in the names.

Everybody enjoy the Discussion im out. :tiphat:
That's all good Karma. Yes I know all the names.
That's all you had to say in the beginning.
Especially the fact that you came along 11 years
after Nevil left the castle, so you couldn't know the
details.
D

D

dj9

Karmas actually a really good guy an may be thers a bit of a misunderstanding here...I never seen him trying to sell the a5 as nevil's hand selected breeding clone...he sells it as it is a5. He tells you the story as he has been told and has verified it with others he knows.He has clearly stated this was a clone that was used to suply flower. And samy says nevil verified it being a legit a5 f1. The rest is down to before that...did nevil use this clone...was it his hand selected cutting....or did it come from someone else's selection but from legit f1 seed..maybe those are the questions dj9 can help us with.
Hey Dark.
That I don't know. All I do know it how the original was .
It possible, Nevil may have come up with another or even a better
version later on which he passed on. Because actually the original A5
[or H5A as we called it ] seeds produced more consistent keepers than
the C in my mind. The C was more loud and intense and but fewer and farther between.
I have nothing against Karma G man, or anyone else here. He is from the next gen. Nothing wrong with that. No need for any of this. There was obviously 2 camps long before I arrived. People who wern't there, trying to discredit me is what bothers me.
I am more than happy to share insight and answer questions to the best of my ability.
Cannabis is my passion and has been for more than 40 years.
D

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

thankyou sam thankyou nevil thankyou shanti

picture.php

thankyou sam and nevil,,,,,ojd this cut reminds me somewhat in structure of the old london haze 5

D

dj9

So I'm wondering why you avoid and dont answer any of my questions at all ?
I have my own guesses but its best to hear your own answer than my guess ?
Well I am sorry for that to you ,and Royal Flush.
I have been going back and forth looking and trying to answer
question actually. Remember your first week on a forum?
Its not easy. Took me 2 days to load a pic.
But of course I would like to hear the reason you think I am not
answering.
I will look at them and you'll hear soon.
I do remember the little pic of the A5 though from 2 days ago.
Has a similar look but after 30 years plants change.
The ones in the 80s were more stretched ...longer internodes.
With looser looking, small buds. I grew hundreds and they were always
bigger and bushier than that. But as I said ….genetic drift will change plants
over 30 years. Every time you change conditions, you are turning on or off certain genes.
Which become more dominant over time. Take clones from that plant and put it outdoors in Spain for a couple of years and you can bring it back.
D

D

dj9

I asked this question because i doubt the fact Haze C male still being around, thats all, never intended to discredit anyone.

Where did you feel attacked by Karma? To me its a bit childish to claim he or anyones else here attacked you because no one really is.
Its great to have a extra insight in Nevils old days but claiming only one man to be the whole Souther crew is a joke.

Growing out a large number of plants in a big greenhouse and running larger indoor operations at the same time is hardly feasible that this could be accomplished by only one man you know so this statement by hempy is not really plausible to say the least.

I have no interest in having to prove anything to anyone.
I joined international boards in the search of the lost A5 cutting by the crew long before Nevil passed and never disrespected the man himself or doubted the cuts being legit. Nevil legitimised them when he was a member at MNS, thats all i need tbh.

The truth resides in the plants themselves imo.

When Karma released his first work using the A5 clone i also doubted it to be real.
Many times before some breeders claimed to have it, the progeny proved differently.
After trying Karma’s line myself I instantly knew it was legit.

J was not alone you know, they were other people involved so each to his own i guess.

So much here say by so many doesn’t really help.
KarmaG is a great and honest guy and doesn’t go round attacking people. He and his source who doesn’t need the forums are solid folks.
J, F & Bonk were never members of any forum, to them it would be a joke having to verify they worked with Nevil. That says something.

Does your name Dj9 perhaps have the initials RC?
No it doesn't .And Sammy. If you know J just ask him yourself.
Mention Venray. It will end all this nonsense.
Trying to discredit someone who came on with
honest intention, is the childish part.
Your doing it right now. Bigherb did it,
Royal flush did it...ojd did it , Chicago did it but has the balls to apologize. So cut the bs.
If everyone is only worried about their seed biz
its only naturel. But I didn't know that's was this was going to be about.
If you talk to J ,and he tells you how it was, I hope you have the balls to also come on here and apologize. Then we can make some real progress. So everyone who wants ,
can get all the Hazes from everyone offering, and enjoy.
D

D

dj9

Watch Endless Summer again. This was a BOEL seed and hash scouting mission. Also makes it way cooler to watch too. They set deals and collected seed for the very stuff we work with today. Kandahar,Nigeria, Durban, Kerala...

I dont have the paperwork or lie detector handy to prove any of this,I'm only reiterating what a few BOEL told me...

Seeds and hash samples were smuggled back in the compartmental surf boards made by Mike Hynson. By 1971 most of the global accessable genetics were in Laguna Beach

In the movie they drop clandestine hints,but the reality is it's a cover for a seed and hash scouting mission.

The next BOEL movie was Jimi Hendrix at Rainbow bridge. By this time the CIA had infiltrated the BOEL. Jimi can be seen leaving the stage to go smoke DMT with Eddie Padilla at one point.
They were pretty out of their skulls at this point in history after all the Orange Sunshine ...high as kites.

Highly probable the Kerala in the Haze came from BOEL..if not more.
I agree .
D

TheDarkStorm

Hey Dark.
That I don't know. All I do know it how the original was .
It possible, Nevil may have come up with another or even a better
version later on which he passed on. Because actually the original A5
[or H5A as we called it ] seeds produced more consistent keepers than
the C in my mind. The C was more loud and intense and but fewer and farther between.
I have nothing against Karma G man, or anyone else here. He is from the next gen. Nothing wrong with that. No need for any of this. There was obviously 2 camps long before I arrived. People who wern't there, trying to discredit me is what bothers me.
I am more than happy to share insight and answer questions to the best of my ability.
Cannabis is my passion and has been for more than 40 years.
D

I wouldn't wory about others who have negative views too much..I think youve dropped a few hints in a couple of your posts that clearly show you wer very close to nevil...an thats enough for me...yeah thers been abit of a two camps thing for along while now.. usually is the case with most things.....but im sure your knowledge and experience will be valued by some..even if thats only by afew people...

D

dj9

So basically you cannot confirm the existence or legitimacy of the cuts held by the current South Holland crew?

P.S I'm in no way trying to discredit nor attack your character with this question.
I see this one now Royal.
And sorry to you man.
No I cant confirm that they now have the cuts.
What Karma told me a while ago, is obviously true
cause he knows the people, but which cuts Nevil sold them I don't know.
But I can say that J was a good friend of Nevils.
What Nevil told Hempy has nothing to do with me.
He asked me how the plant was and I described it.
D

D

dj9

Fair enough, but what has dj9 ever done to lose Herbs respect?
That's what I would like to know.
I can see his love for the Hazes.
My main reason for being here was to
make clear the difference between this
O Haze people are flogging and Nevils
good Hazes. And they are trying to say
its the same line. I didn't know it would turn
into a slugfest.
D

D

dj9

I wouldn't wory about others who have negative views too much..I think youve dropped a few hints in a couple of your posts that clearly show you wer very close to nevil...an thats enough for me...yeah thers been abit of a two camps thing for along while now.. usually is the case with most things.....but im sure your knowledge and experience will be valued by some..even if thats only by afew people...
Thank you Dark. I am not used to the ignoring people who are picking at me thing.
In 'normal' life , if theres a problem I confront it head on a settle it . Then we move on.
I do hope someone will check it out, so we can get by that whole part.
Again, I am sorry to anyone whos question I missed.
I never duck anything. Should I send a pic of my nose to prove it?
I think world wide revolution is at hand . People need Haze now . They been Kushed out long enough haha.
D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys are being way to sensitive. I just want to read about Nevil's work and anything Haze. I smoked allot of it growing up here in Cali back in the 70-late 80's. Please ignore the BS and get back to discussing Nevil's work :D

Morphote

Veteran
Royal flush did it...ojd did it , Chicago did it but has the balls to apologize. So cut the bs.
If you talk to J ,and he tells you how it was, I hope you have the balls to also come on here and apologize. Then we can make some real progress. So everyone who wants ,
D

That's what I would like to know.
I can see his love for the Hazes.
My main reason for being here was to
make clear the difference between this
O Haze people are flogging and Nevils
good Hazes. And they are trying to say
its the same line. I didn't know it would turn
into a slugfest.
D

Money on the line here, D. I’d say you’re handling it well. Appreciate you coming online.

M.

TheDarkStorm

Snafu.
First Indica / Haze
Second Mozambique Poison
Third Landrace Haze
Fourth NH
5th |The buds off #1 pic

The landrace haze looks so much like some of the Neville's haze phenos iv seen...I actually thought it was Neville's haze till you labeled them.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
D

So far imho I don’t see the need to apologise, haha, i never insulted or discredited you in any way now have I?Reversed psychology right?
Great thread though, haha
Humor is the spice of life and i got lots of it.
Enjoy the never ending silly discussion.
In the end all that’s needed is found in the plants, not in words or endless discussions.

Last edited:

hellfire

To my outsider's perspective on the basis of the cuts alone I think its safe to say the keepers A and C were probably not what David W. touts as Original Haze. DW has stated what 5%? 20%? For the OHaze phenemonal keepers...hard to believe that Nev finds 2 both very keepable - just looked at thread again, both being male and David claims he can do it today but needs to grow 1000s to find them. Also dj9 posted on the E being a long flowering female that was very powerful interesting note to me!

Doesn't sound like the same seed stock to me. Someone mentioned earlier people like Nev and DW think everything came from them and sure a lot of it did but not everything. Especially less so early on before large breeding selections. How much Haze was smoked in this hazy story heh.

My dog in this discussion is that I'd like to get to the bottom of which landraces were the building blocks of haze. I think it can be done today, remade, if not better. Yes there might not be any 64 Kerala or what not around but there are unpolluted NLDs out there. Those instagram landrace guys have some interesting stuff. If the creation of haze was more of a component of breeding year after year crossing in other landrace sativas then selecting from there...well that could be done today with the time needed and careful progeny selection/testing.

A side note, lab testing and terpene analysis. If the haze high can be linked to a specific terpene or set of terpenes that terpene could be a potential marker for breeding.

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
it seems to be understood that haze is a hybrid of columbians unless ive not been keeping up ,,agree much more value in popping some landrace sativas than worrying about what tom dick an harry said to each other anything left thats good will hold up to scrutiny no matter who holds it

D

dj9

To my outsider's perspective on the basis of the cuts alone I think its safe to say the keepers A and C were probably not what David W. touts as Original Haze. DW has stated what 5%? 20%? For the OHaze phenemonal keepers...hard to believe that Nev finds 2 both very keepable - just looked at thread again, both being male and David claims he can do it today but needs to grow 1000s to find them. Also dj9 posted on the E being a long flowering female that was very powerful interesting note to me!

Doesn't sound like the same seed stock to me. Someone mentioned earlier people like Nev and DW think everything came from them and sure a lot of it did but not everything. Especially less so early on before large breeding selections. How much Haze was smoked in this hazy story heh.

My dog in this discussion is that I'd like to get to the bottom of which landraces were the building blocks of haze. I think it can be done today, remade, if not better. Yes there might not be any 64 Kerala or what not around but there are unpolluted NLDs out there. Those instagram landrace guys have some interesting stuff. If the creation of haze was more of a component of breeding year after year crossing in other landrace sativas then selecting from there...well that could be done today with the time needed and careful progeny selection/testing.

A side note, lab testing and terpene analysis. If the haze high can be linked to a specific terpene or set of terpenes that terpene could be a potential marker for breeding.
I am working on the "new' Haze line as we speak.
All Landrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.