What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Sorry @hempy but I don't think you would still believe it, even if someone had a picture of Nevil (R.I.P) standing next to the cut while holding up a sign that said "Legit A5 cutting". If DJ9 knows those people then clearly he could get a straight answer from them or atleast some pieces of the puzzle.

Royal Dj9 has posted and described what the A5 looked like and also said to date his seen no pic on line that was it.

Personally i would rather grow NH f1s and select from there i have F1s still and i have run F1s in the past.

I still have F1 ShitHaze test seed trust me i am not short of F1 haze hybrid seed .

I have grown lots of Haze hybrids and if i am going to be 100% honest the best to date for me was Mango haze Queeny.That plant had every note.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Royalflush put it well

If Dj9 knows J from Breda then he should be able to put to rest your doubts of some of our community/ anyone aside from shanti still holding the old Nevil clone only Hazes

We dont need a store detective here bigherb this is a discussion not a interrogation.

Dj9 has all ready posted on the A5 clearly people must of not read it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its difficult to ID plants from pictures. 5 people can have very different results with the same plant. Plants with specific traits unchanged by conditions are the only ones I have faith with an ID from pics.

bigherb

Veteran
We dont need a store detective here bigherb this is a discussion not a interrogation.

Dj9 has all ready posted on the A5 clearly people must of not read it.

Detective , you couldn’t detect if your pants were on fire

I’m the king of zamunda , my NYC stories are just that .

It’s amazing how if you believe it it’s Gods word and all
Else is not true

How do we know dj9 is who he says he is

I’m open minded

I like your friend , I don’t understand how you can have friends anyhow

As he stated his post might slightly differ from what Nevil said as its his recollection and he wasn’t there for Nevs every step . But I find his information interesting and he seems to speak his truth

But again it may just be his truth

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

Pineapple_Punch, I thought I had read somewhere that Reeferman claims the Utopia haze is his lambada, being Manga Rosa x Nepalese Highland. Manga Rosa being the "Brazilian" strain. Other Barney's farm plants that are claimed Reefstock are Acapulco Gold (reef's Apple Pie), G13 x Haze, Willie Nelson, Honey B (reef's Love Potion), there's others too, if I remember right.

I've got a Barney's farm G13 x Haze freebee hanging in my seed vault, but it's not set to be run for a bit, partially because I have no idea what it really is. I've heard if it's Reeferman then it's Neville's haze x Airborne G13. It could also be an inbred complex Amnesia cross IBL using Soma's G13 x HzC male...

I have seen reef claim that his g13 haze he left at barneys was the ssh put to the airborne...an I believe the ssh that the used was the amnesia one. But who knows I think they have definitely been changing alot of the parents to wat they should be or advertise..especially on some of the older stuff.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Detective , you couldn’t detect if your pants were on fire

I’m the king of zamunda , my NYC stories are just that .

It’s amazing how if you believe it it’s Gods word and all
Else is not true

How do we know dj9 is who he says he is

I’m open minded

I like your friend , I don’t understand how you can have friends anyhow

As he stated his post might slightly differ from what Nevil said as its his recollection and he wasn’t there for Nevs every step . But I find his information interesting and he seems to speak his truth

But again it may just be his truth

1luvbigherb

Dont you have your own thread BigHerb i dont appreciate your insults or you acting like a store detective interrogating people that includes me in here.

Shanti was given Nevs library and Nev verified that yet did you not question shantibaba on if he has set clones alive still ? Question him on the Linage of set plants and God knows what else.Yet you believe whats posted on the interment from set people you dont know how dose that work ?.

I trust Dj9 because Nevil told me Dj9 was his best Friend i also take the ward of the Guy Nev that selected set clones over others.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This is Hazey a selected Mango Haze male from 2002 or 2003 and this is what happens when you cross a Maui HP from the Maui BOEL with him you get a strain i call HYPE.

Attachments

• Hazey.jpg
    Hazey.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 24
  • maui HP.jpg
    maui HP.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Hype.jpg
    Hype.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Hype1.jpg
    Hype1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 25

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I also crossed Hazey to Nevs last hybrid of G13/Sk that Nev felt was the best cross to the G13 that Shanti re produced the Pic of them in Veg .

I dont have pics of the results but again huge Sativa framed plants with big fat buds.

Out crossing Haze is were you get the Magic happening this is what both Sam and Nev have have told us.

Attachments

• G13SK.jpg
    G13SK.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 17

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I also crossed Hazey to Nevs last hybrid of G13/Sk that Nev felt was the best cross to the G13 that Shanti re produced the Pic of them in Veg .

I dont have pics of the results but again huge Sativa framed plants with big fat buds.

Out crossing Haze is were you get the Magic happening this is what both Sam and Nev have have told us.

What effect did you get from those puppies? heavy stone?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That G13sk frayed me gave me a panic attack that lasted hours i went to sleep woke up still stoned.Never smoked it again and gave it all to my mate he loved it.I see the value in it as a tool but rather have my body waxed weekly than smoke it again.

TheDarkStorm

This is Hazey a selected Mango Haze male from 2002 or 2003 and this is what happens when you cross a Maui HP from the Maui BOEL with him you get a strain i call HYPE.

I love how your hype strain has come out....how has this come out smoke wise hempy.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I love how your hype strain has come out....how has this come out smoke wise hempy.

Hi storm it smokes real nice i have loved Hawaiian lines ever since i smoked and Grew imported cannabis from Maui in the 80s.

I was told years ago what the line Blood was by a guy that lived there so hoping to make my own version in time re producing or finding that Maui sat is my Grail.

Mufflon

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SilverHaze Sensiseeds Breedercut(1988 or 1998 have to ask a friend...)

Small Clone directly 12/12

Sweet incense with just a little bit lemon.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you mean the buds ….its Camphor , Lemon , Sandlewood , Eucalyptis, Leather.
Only been smoking it for a month so still curing and changing.
Pure high energy buzz like 3 cups of coffee. Havnt you noticed by my strings of posts haha.
The NH plant is 8 weeks in flower so cant describe that yet ...although I know how it will be.
But i'll post pics as it develops.
D

Would you explain your curing and storage methods for the hazes you grow?

The pure sats I've grown have always dried too quick and then didn't cure any further. I don't mind the long flowering times, but the taste is important to me and I know I'm screwing up the drying/curing.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Would you explain your curing and storage methods for the hazes you grow?

The pure sats I've grown have always dried too quick and then didn't cure any further. I don't mind the long flowering times, but the taste is important to me and I know I'm screwing up the drying/curing.

Would like to hear what dj9 and others have to say. For me, I dry them larger stems on a coat hanger until the stems are bending but still not that close to snap. Chop into smaller spears, like so...

picture.php

Place the spears into a heavy duty paper bag. Spears and stems of buds slightly shorter than the bag length are great. Trim the bag to have 6-10 inches above the loose pile of flowers and stems. Gently roll up to medium tight...don’t smash the flowers but if there is a little compression, that’s all good. Good to have a small humidor hygrometer inside the bag. Once rolled up, place in a small fairly air tight container. I’ve heard coolers, but I used a small fairly tight drawer on a wood cabinet and it worked well. Hygrometer reading after a few hours should stabilize in the low to mid 70’s. Open the bags periodically and shift buds around while slowly dropping to 65% humidity. Then into jars for the cure. About one month in...

picture.php

Current humidity in that jar is 62%. I probably got these buds into the jars just a hair below 65%.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Would like to hear what dj9 and others have to say. For me, I dry them larger stems on a coat hanger until the stems are bending but still not that close to snap. Chop into smaller spears, like so...

View Image

Place the spears into a heavy duty paper bag. Spears and stems of buds slightly shorter than the bag length are great. Trim the bag to have 6-10 inches above the loose pile of flowers and stems. Gently roll up to medium tight...don’t smash the flowers but if there is a little compression, that’s all good. Good to have a small humidor hygrometer inside the bag. Once rolled up, place in a small fairly air tight container. I’ve heard coolers, but I used a small fairly tight drawer on a wood cabinet and it worked well. Hygrometer reading after a few hours should stabilize in the low to mid 70’s. Open the bags periodically and shift buds around while slowly dropping to 65% humidity. Then into jars for the cure. About one month in...

View Image

Current humidity in that jar is 62%. I probably got these buds into the jars just a hair below 65%.

I'm pretty sure you have white mold on that bud (bottom, left, white fuzz).

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You can hang a plant and dry it to were you cut off a flower and crumble it in your hand and smoke it but trim that plant put the flowers in a air tight container and that same plants flowers can be wet with in a few hours in a air tight container.

3 stages to this 1/ drying 2/ sweating or removing what moisture still left and 3/ curing every one dose it different.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes I do know what causes it and so should of Sam with his experience so there would be no reason to have dead seeds unless they were old and not stored correctly or made fresh , but if that's the case and they were fresh how come Sam didnt have 100,000 more of these exact same seeds or even millions and nothing has surpassed those old seeds sold to Neville( RIP)
I'm not into speculating why some seeds didn't germ in the 80's.
But I have made seeds, heat stressed the plant and only got around 10 seeds to germinate out of 200-300 seeds that were only few years old, stored in the fridge.

What other factors than bad storage and heat stress affect germ rates? ..you should know, mate, you're seling them :)
Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a rare pheno in the SSH( yellow packets)that grows solid popcorn sized buds( not gringspoon size calyx much bigger actual popcorn size) that purples up and grows extremely stretchy and all spicy Frankincense that reminds me of this Male pic everytime I see it.There was gold in those packs and all the phenos from the most Spicy Frankincense all the way through to the pine/lemon/Church.

Peace
Haze-C male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts