What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Wasnt ther a old cutting of the haze-c male put to a columbian floating around sammy...is this wat your on about or if not have you tried it

Couldn’t say.
I’m sure Karma has more info regarding the weed they brought and its origin.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Lemon/citrus/pine, great vigour, large yields, extraordinary plants...
Sounds very similar to C5 indeed.

picture.php

That's what i meant with vigorous, the stretch wasn't even over and seemed to never really stopped stretching till end of flower. Buds were as big as grenades in the end, formed to huge long colas, similar to your C5haze pictures i saw. Sadly have no flowering pics of her anymore...

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
LOL!
It was NL Seattle Greg himself thinking that; That it was Afghani#1 seeds Nevil sent him which were then used in making NL#1, crossed to the Seattle Afghani, that is. So you're actually laughing at the man who started the whole NL thing!

He had a NL5 thread going at GHS forums few years ago, where he mentioned this but he must have taken that thread down cause i can't find it anymore and i didn't. Too bad i didn't copy that post then when i could. I think he took it down for security reasons, cause it had photos from Hawaii, people hanging around his NL plants and smoking.

Greg is something else.
This is his quote regarding NL1,

Greg: "NL #1 was the pure Indica from the indoor Sun Shoppe. We did not use Skunk #1 that was all done by Nevil."

someone asked him the same lineage you just posted and Greg responded with attitude

Greg: "Who are you to be making these bullshit claims?"

The guy need to stop bullshitting around and get on a podcast to set the record straight because these flip flops all over the internet don't help anyone understand.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
If you mean the buds ….its Camphor , Lemon , Sandlewood , Eucalyptis, Leather.
Only been smoking it for a month so still curing and changing.
Pure high energy buzz like 3 cups of coffee. Havnt you noticed by my strings of posts haha.
The NH plant is 8 weeks in flower so cant describe that yet ...although I know how it will be.
But i'll post pics as it develops.
D

Great description

Sounds like something I’d love in my jar

I’m posted for future pics and reports

1luvbigherb

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr. Nice Super Silver Haze 2003 via Heavens Stairway
one of the 5 females i had ... this one i bailed on @ 14 weeks , couldn't get it to finish , it was really wispy & impractical for me at the time

picture.php

Tropical Sativa

Mr. Nice Super Silver Haze 2003 via Heavens Stairway
one of the 5 females i had ... this one i bailed on @ 14 weeks , couldn't get it to finish , it was really wispy & impractical for me at the time

View Image

Nice! To my memory, that structure looks very much the same as the original did in '98, although i only smoked it. Never saw an actual plant. Best haze I ever smoked!

G

How you don’t mind, Bringdemfya...figured you wanted to share these from your album...if not, let me know and I’ll delete them from this post. Pretty cool that you’ve saved those catalogs...and they’re in pretty pristine condition by the looks.

1998 F6 NL5 x Haze...
View Image

Seed catalogs...
View Image

HB.

Are they the repro cats that are floating around.?:tiphat:

Breadwizard

Pineapple_Punch, I thought I had read somewhere that Reeferman claims the Utopia haze is his lambada, being Manga Rosa x Nepalese Highland. Manga Rosa being the "Brazilian" strain. Other Barney's farm plants that are claimed Reefstock are Acapulco Gold (reef's Apple Pie), G13 x Haze, Willie Nelson, Honey B (reef's Love Potion), there's others too, if I remember right.

I've got a Barney's farm G13 x Haze freebee hanging in my seed vault, but it's not set to be run for a bit, partially because I have no idea what it really is. I've heard if it's Reeferman then it's Neville's haze x Airborne G13. It could also be an inbred complex Amnesia cross IBL using Soma's G13 x HzC male...

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Yeah the ssh in the yellow packs from early 2000 had those inthere,

Here is some of those in f2.s

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 70663113_568459647296474_2370590583804515378_n.jpg
    70663113_568459647296474_2370590583804515378_n.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 62263700_158585918518705_2949993110600096738_n.jpg
    62263700_158585918518705_2949993110600096738_n.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 19
  • 65511352_2810665155641781_5286984944636702525_n.jpg
    65511352_2810665155641781_5286984944636702525_n.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 62256155_2893129680911420_7498879560937851654_n.jpg
    62256155_2893129680911420_7498879560937851654_n.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 17

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hi hempy,
I think you seem to forget that when Nevil made it to the online community first at MNS, he verified the existence of the cuts and after I mentioned the names of Nevils old crew via video call he was eager to get the cuttings back via Bonk.
That would be the evidence you seem to miss.
Nevil verified everything i spoke about during our Skype sessions. He also pointed me to Maastricht to regain the lost A5 and named a name of a certain member of the old crew I hadn’t connected with before.
He told me he was sure this guy was still holding the authentic 5HzA aka A5 cutting.
This man is KarmaG’s source where he received the cutting from and was so kind to share it with me after searching for this cutting for over 15 years. I kinda gave up on it but Nevil sparked my quest and after his short internet exposure Karma and me connected through the cutting.
My point is Nevil pointed me in the right direction. He knew who held what and the individual characters of the folks holding his gear. Thats why he was sure A. Still held the cutting. He was right.
So rest assured that KarmaG’s A5 is indeed authentic by the hand of Nevil. So are the rest of the old cuttings coming from Nevils old crew.

Hi Sammy i dont remember Nev verifying any clones online apart from what he had given Shantibaba that was his library .

I know what Nev told me about set clones when i asked him and he felt that set clones Sammy at best came from seed he sold to the community but still felt they were important.

I never said the clones are not good hell they could be even better than the original cuts.I dont care about NLHZ trust me i grew out SSH F1s and i did not like SSH.

What is important is authenticity the original clones may be good smoke or may be poor smoke but what made them important was the Haze hybrids they spat out.

This is what Dj9 said about the A5

Hey there...as far as I know the A is still alive.
And yes I was around the castle many times during bulk deals but never met
any Dominicans . But I wasn't there every day of course. I lived 20 minutes up the road when I moved there, but stayed at the castle on my extended visits before that.
Nevil had about 100 Haze seeds from Sam. He asked for the oldest ones and bought the whole bag. He tried to start about a dozen and none started. So he threw them all in [yes threw] . 6 germinated ...1 died right away. A and C are famous. B was a female which to me had the classic Cali taste... I spent some time in Happy Camp Cal. in 82 and had tasted this there. But Nevil didn't care for it cause it flowered too quick and wasn't very Hazy . D was rope and E flowered forever. Nevil had pollinated it 3 times with various males, and pulled seeds off and finally cut it, much to his dismay later. It ended up being some very powerful Haze. I have recently heard and seen a pic of the A and C male in Cali but who can tell from a knarly little pic. I grew 100s of A5s and have never yet seen a pic on line that resembled it. It was a big classic Sat with small end of your finger sized fluffy buds and tasted like spice, chicken soup, slight menthol ...much less pine than the C crosses. The A you could smoke forever, but the C, although it was much more intense, a person built a tolerance fairly quickly. I grew 1000s of C5s. I had to give away for free to Coffeeshop owners in the beginning cause no one wanted it. Everyone was used to that crappy 'skunk'. By the way I would like to ask the whole community if anyone knows what SK#1 was called before it left Cali. It couldn't have been Skunk since, it wasn't. I met Sam at the first Cannabis cup at a Restaurant in Rotterdam . This event was sponsored and set up by Ben. Sam was there with a beautiful sweet smelling SK1. bud. That was my first exposure to SK1. Having come from Canada and lived in Cali and Oregon Skunk was a wide leafed heavy Indica you could smell for a mile. Nothing sweet about it . It was great weed but nothing to do with Skunk. Its just a theory so don't git yer panties in a knot but I smoked Hawaiian in the early 80s that was the same profile. I believe its an old Hawaiian actually but that's for another time.
And thanks again for welcoming me to everyone. D

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Wasnt ther a old cutting of the haze-c male put to a columbian floating around sammy...is this wat your on about or if not have you tried it

It was from seed but is a columbian x haze C the seeds are labeld CB3 , i find it smell like Terpetine, very pure peacefull high, My friend A. poped some of the last of them now. I grew some in 2002 that was from cuts A. gave. But those dont exist anymore, it yielded 150 grams under a 400watt hps flowering 16/17 weeks. Not realy practical but very special smoke.

bigherb

Veteran
Hi Sammy i dont remember Nev verifying any clones online apart from what he had given Shantibaba that was his library .

I know what Nev told me about set clones when i asked him and he felt that set clones Sammy at best came from seed he sold to the community but still felt they were important.

I never said the clones are not good hell they could be even better than the original cuts.I dont care about NLHZ trust me i grew out SSH F1s and i did not like SSH.

What is important is authenticity the original clones may be good smoke or may be poor smoke but what made them important was the Haze hybrids they spat out.

This is what Dj9 said about the A5

Hi Y. Sam
It looks like somebody changed the order on the labels.
NL5 x HzC
NL5 x HzA
G13 x HzC
G13 x HzA
is what they had if it came from J.
Hope that this clears things up.

I'd done a couple of Hawaiian Haze crosses. One was with a Hawaiian from Roger in N.Y. A bit of Indica in that one, huge yields.
The other was with a small seeded piney sweet Hawaiian Sativa. This was a true connoisseurs variety but few wanted to bother with it. J. in Breda really liked it and this guy had taste. Maybe Y.Sam has heard of it.
N.

These post from Nevil might not be enough verification for you both I think it speaks for itself

KITCHA

Veteran
:tiphat:@hempy what are your thought on the Nevils21 x MM? I like the sound of the soaring high and Mandarin / pine flavours Bushy mentioned in the strain description, Cheers Kit

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Dj9 knows J from Brenda and Dj9 has described what A5 looked like i also know what Nev told me.

Sorry @hempy but I don't think you would still believe it if someone had a picture of Nevil (R.I.P) standing next to the cut while holding up a sign that said "Legit A5 cutting". If DJ9 knows those people then clearly he could get a straight answer from them or atleast some pieces of the puzzle.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
:tiphat:@hempy what are your thought on the Nevils21 x MM? I like the sound of the soaring high and Mandarin / pine flavours Bushy mentioned in the strain description, Cheers Kit

Hi KITCHA i never tried it to be honest cant say in all honestly what it would be like or what one can expect.I have seen a post from Nev talking about how using NH to a unrelated line brings out the best of the haze in a set cross.

bigherb

Veteran
Dj9 knows J from Brenda and Dj9 has described what A5 looked like i also know what Nev told me.

Royalflush put it well

If Dj9 knows J from Breda then he should be able to put to rest your doubts of some of our community/ anyone aside from shanti still holding the old Nevil clone only Hazes

Status
Not open for further replies.