What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Some people think that greg was the creator of the northern lights lines and that he created these from the seeds nevil gave him of afghan#1 that he got from sam...im sory I couldnt stop laughing..some people will believe anything even wen it makes no sense

Actually, Greg said it wasn’t him that created NL5...he said he had a hand in breeding NL, but I don’t remember him saying he alone created it. People pretty much know it was mostly Steve Murphy’s work along with Don D (The Indian) who supposedly got one of the plants used in the cross from a local biker. In other words, it was a group effort...which makes sense given the times and heavy law enforcement presence.

Greg credits Herbie with making NL#5 by combining Steve’s Afghan with a Hawaiian sativa...

I wasn’t there, so I don’t know for sure...

HB.

TheDarkStorm

I’m going to have to DM Todd...I’ve already paid for the seed, so I’m still going to grow them out, but...I don’t know if Sam sold him a bill of goods or what. The latest pics he put up of the Ohaze he’s got look very Thai/SE Asian...big calyxes, narrow leaves, branchy...

This thread has been pretty eye opening for me so far. Just when you think you know what’s what, someone comes along and blows everything you thought outta the water.

HB.
Dont think that you wont get some good stuff cuz of me hemphrey...alot of guys have got some amazing plants out sams haze that seedsman aquired..wich are no longer available....so tods repo maybe worth a shot..

TheDarkStorm

Actually, Greg said it wasn’t him that created NL5...he said he had a hand in breeding NL, but I don’t remember him saying he alone created it. People pretty much know it was mostly Steve Murphy’s work along with Don D (The Indian) who supposedly got one of the plants used in the cross from a local biker. In other words, it was a group effort...which makes sense given the times and heavy law enforcement presence.

Greg credits Herbie with making NL#5 by combining Steve’s Afghan with a Hawaiian sativa...

I wasn’t there, so I don’t know for sure...

HB.
Thanks for that Humphrey..its just that some people read something on a forum and believe it to be the truth and wont believe that thats not how it is despite all the facts...yep this is wat greg has actually said thanks for the post.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Barneys won the 18th HTCC with the strain listed as Willie Nelson but in reality Derry entered C5Hz instead.
Some issue ruined his willie crop so he had a problem entering the weed. Reeferman bred the willie and got pissed about Derry’s last minute decision. This mostly due to the fact that Derry didn’t inform him about this so after Derry won the cup reeferman had to give interviews about his entered strain Willie Nelson when it in fact was C5Hz.

Some time prior to this a buddy o mine and myself were collaborating in growing C5 crops at my buddy’s place. He provided the room while i shared my info regarding how to grow the hybrids proper. From start our collab worked like a charm, the room was very suitable for growing haze and we harvested most amazing C5 flowers.
The whole HTCC thing ended this collab.

After the first successful crops my buddy got connected to Derry trough a mutual friend. This friend was a grower fond of smoking haze and got in contact with my buddy via a Dutch forum.
After a while he came with the proposal to bring some C5 to the Dam instead of bringing it to our usual connection.
A key thing in all this is the fact that around the millennium the main characters of Nevils old crew fell out.
This falling out combined with severe police harassments and pests at the time put severe pressure on the Southern Dutch Haze scene. Thats why it seemed like a good option to start bringing some Haze to Barneys. This went well until the HTCC.
My buddy and me were both invited by Derry. He informed us about entering the C5 in the cup. We thought he would enter it as C5 which he didn’t.
As much as I enjoyed Patti Smits gig at the melkweg i disliked the whole ordeal entering C5 as Willie Nelson. Therefor I decided not to continue collaborating with my buddy who didn’t care about it bc in the end, growers never get the credit anyhow. Derry and him worked together for a while but after the quality of the flowers decreased it came to an end.
I’m not sure my buddy handed a C5 cutting to Derry but it wouldn’t surprise me if he did. I doubt Barneys UH is a C5S1, i think they outcrossed it to something else and maybe bx it but its just speculation.

Hey Sammy, thanks for the long answer with all the details. Yeah Derry of Barney's Farm seems to be not the most honest guy, they always hide the lineage. I've tried to find out the lineage behind Utopia Haze since years, and seems the C5Haze plays a big role in that strain, even it's not a C5S1. Sadly i never was able to smoke the real C5haze, from the smell i could directly notice if there is a connection between UH and C5Haze, since the lemon/citrus/pine aroma is special and i can remember it like it was yesterday. Also the yield and vigor of the longer flowering phenos was extreme, best yielding strain i ever had. Had to really fight against the extreme vigor since it was advertised as a relatively short strain and i not expected plants like these, ended up with ~2,50m plants in a 2m tent (had to bend them down a bit) and over 100g per plant untopped. As UH is only available as fem. and i always wanted to have a reg. line of it i always thought about what could be best used to outcross. Maybe have to try Original Haze and look if i may find the same kind of high. Would like to try a tiny bud of MadMacs Original Haze, just to see if it's what im looking for before i invest a half year. :D

Peace

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Maybe have to try Original Haze and look if i may find the same kind of high. Would like to try a tiny bud of MadMacs Original Haze, just to see if it's what im looking for before i invest a half year. :D

Peace

I too would like a small bud of MadMac, to better understand some things ... and then I would need to taste some things of Sammy, and a couple of nice things that I saw some posts back ....:grande sorriso::grande sorriso::ridendo:

D

dj9

Beautiful pictures

What does she taste and smell like ?

1luvbigherb
If you mean the buds ….its Camphor , Lemon , Sandlewood , Eucalyptis, Leather.
Only been smoking it for a month so still curing and changing.
Pure high energy buzz like 3 cups of coffee. Havnt you noticed by my strings of posts haha.
The NH plant is 8 weeks in flower so cant describe that yet ...although I know how it will be.
But i'll post pics as it develops.
D

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hey Sammy, thanks for the long answer with all the details. Yeah Derry of Barney's Farm seems to be not the most honest guy, they always hide the lineage. I've tried to find out the lineage behind Utopia Haze since years, and seems the C5Haze plays a big role in that strain, even it's not a C5S1. Sadly i never was able to smoke the real C5haze, from the smell i could directly notice if there is a connection between UH and C5Haze, since the lemon/citrus/pine aroma is special and i can remember it like it was yesterday. Also the yield and vigor of the longer flowering phenos was extreme, best yielding strain i ever had. Had to really fight against the extreme vigor since it was advertised as a relatively short strain and i not expected plants like these, ended up with ~2,50m plants in a 2m tent (had to bend them down a bit) and over 100g per plant untopped. As UH is only available as fem. and i always wanted to have a reg. line of it i always thought about what could be best used to outcross. Maybe have to try Original Haze and look if i may find the same kind of high. Would like to try a tiny bud of MadMacs Original Haze, just to see if it's what im looking for before i invest a half year. :D

Peace

Lemon/citrus/pine, great vigour, large yields, extraordinary plants...
Sounds very similar to C5 indeed.
MadMac is doing a stellar job. His work is very precious, selecting the best phenotypes and reproducing them to share freely. He is a master in his field. Ive received pollen from his THHz stud but sadly no succes so far. The passed year wasn’t ideal for me as I endured another police visit. Still in the mids of trial cases and recovering from the ordeal. Nonetheless i look forward to continue our work and by collaborating hopefully creating new high quality haze dom hybrids.

Great thread so far people!
The word Haze could not have been a better name for this particular cannabis variety.
It remains shrouded in a mist of Haze.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Some people think that greg was the creator of the northern lights lines and that he created these from the seeds nevil gave him of afghan#1 that he got from sam...im sory I couldnt stop laughing..some people will believe anything even wen it makes no sense
LOL!
It was NL Seattle Greg himself thinking that; That it was Afghani#1 seeds Nevil sent him which were then used in making NL#1, crossed to the Seattle Afghani, that is. So you're actually laughing at the man who started the whole NL thing!

He had a NL5 thread going at GHS forums few years ago, where he mentioned this but he must have taken that thread down cause i can't find it anymore and i didn't. Too bad i didn't copy that post then when i could. I think he took it down for security reasons, cause it had photos from Hawaii, people hanging around his NL plants and smoking.

D

dj9

Lemon/citrus/pine, great vigour, large yields, extraordinary plants...
Sounds very similar to C5 indeed.
MadMac is doing a stellar job. His work is very precious, selecting the best phenotypes and reproducing them to share freely. He is a master in his field. Ive received pollen from his THHz stud but sadly no succes so far. The passed year wasn’t ideal for me as I endured another police visit. Still in the mids of trial cases and recovering from the ordeal. Nonetheless i look forward to continue our work and by collaborating hopefully creating new high quality haze dom hybrids.

Great thread so far people!
The word Haze could not have been a better name for this particular cannabis variety.
It remains shrouded in a mist of Haze.
Except its pure Sativa.....0% Indica genes.
D

TheDarkStorm

If you mean the buds ….its Camphor , Lemon , Sandlewood , Eucalyptis, Leather.
Only been smoking it for a month so still curing and changing.
Pure high energy buzz like 3 cups of coffee. Havnt you noticed by my strings of posts haha.
The NH plant is 8 weeks in flower so cant describe that yet ...although I know how it will be.
But i'll post pics as it develops.
D

Dj for some reason I cant see your landrace post...do you know wat number post it is please

D

dj9

From Bringdemfya’s album...man, these are too cool. If you want me to delete them from my post here, just let me know...hopefully soon you’ll get enough posts to start putting up your pics as you choose.

1988 F6 NL5 x Haze...
View Image

NL5 x NL5/Haze bx1...
View Image

Widow mom A...(NL5/Haze Bx1 F1)...
View Image

NL2 Ruderalis pheno...
View Image

NL2 Ruderalis pheno...53 days or less...
View Image

HB.
Now that's a Haze/ 5
Glowing melted glass/ aluminum ,translucent resin. When dry.
D

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Except its pure Sativa.....0% Indica genes.
D

Very true although I consider Nevils old selected cuttings to be very Haze dominant they are not comparable to full blood Haze plants.
KarmaG and his friend who he received the A5 cut from payed me a visit a while ago. They brought some weed for me to try. One I immediately fell in love with, a pure sativa from Columbian origin. Potency wise it was pure bliss, clear up pleasant high with no exhaustive traits at all. Cultivating it indoors is a pain in the ass compared to a hybrid not to mention the yield and flower time. Says it all don’t it?

D

dj9

dj9, do you have any memory of Sams getting upset and trying to retrieve the haze clones that Nevil initially shared with rc clarke?
Sorry but that's one I hadn't heard.
Sam was upset every time I met him . Which was only once.
There must be pics in the High Times archives, somewhere, of the first Cup in Rotterdam in the fall of '87. Someone from HT was there taking pics of us all .
D

TheDarkStorm

Very true although I consider Nevils old selected cuttings to be very Haze dominant they are not comparable to full blood Haze plants.
KarmaG and his friend who he received the A5 cut from payed me a visit a while ago. They brought some weed for me to try. One I immediately fell in love with, a pure sativa from Columbian origin. Potency wise it was pure bliss, clear up pleasant high with no exhaustive traits at all. Cultivating it indoors is a pain in the ass compared to a hybrid not to mention the yield and flower time. Says it all don’t it?
Wasnt ther a old cutting of the haze-c male put to a columbian floating around sammy...is this wat your on about or if not have you tried it

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Haze-C male

Attachments

• Haze#C-male.jpg
    Haze#C-male.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts