What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dj9

Hemphry ...As far as I know the NLs were sent first. Then he came over but I didn't see him.
As for the lighting. We got our lights from the same place Nevil got them . Which was a local electrician . He outfitted big flower greenhouses etc. He only sold and installed P&L lights.
They come in ..measure ..make the layout and install. All 400 watt hps from PL.
So I cant say if he helped or not. Could be but I never heard that story before.
And Nevil never mentioned that to me.
D

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
..right,not much to say here though,..other than personal opinions on Haze landrace origins...so check my albums I'll load up so stuff.
Gas

How you don’t mind, Bringdemfya...figured you wanted to share these from your album...if not, let me know and I’ll delete them from this post. Pretty cool that you’ve saved those catalogs...and they’re in pretty pristine condition by the looks.

1998 F6 NL5 x Haze...
picture.php

Seed catalogs...
picture.php

HB.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hemphry ...As far as I know the NLs were sent first. Then he came over but I didn't see him.
As for the lighting. We got our lights from the same place Nevil got them . Which was a local electrician . He outfitted big flower greenhouses etc. He only sold and installed P&L lights.
They come in ..measure ..make the layout and install. All 400 watt hps from PL.
So I cant say if he helped or not. Could be but I never heard that story before.
And Nevil never mentioned that to me.
D

Thanks! That fits the story as far as the NL seed goes. After he sent Nev the first shipment, Greg says Nevil called him regarding the NL and said something like “These plants are kicking Ed’s ass...I need more seed!”

I think Nev was referring to NL beating Ed Rosenthal’s ass in the cup or something like that and that he wanted more seed...so much so that he paid to have Greg and his wife come out to visit.

Greg said Nev went to meet them at the airport when they arrived and hosted them during their first stay.

One question: From what dates did Nev own and work in the Cannabis Castle? I think everything started falling apart here in the states in 1990 with Operation Green Merchant. I knew a lot of people back then that got busted. I have copies of affidavits from 1990 and 1994 in which Nev was being accused of selling seed stateside by the US Government. I think Nev’s stateside distributor flipped on him and gave testimony as to how everything worked. Funny enough...that very guy sells nutrients these days.

HB.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
African Dream (JJ.s African Haze X WhiteA5hz)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 40290934_281126626058068_3791787642355092996_n.jpg
    40290934_281126626058068_3791787642355092996_n.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 10818014_573552049470782_326309520_n.jpg
    10818014_573552049470782_326309520_n.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 18
D

dj9

Dj9.....if there is a certain page in any of these catalogs to post let me know.

The Haze conversation is like watching Nascar...circles within circles...good thing is the last lap may be in sight.

Also,Hempy,....I plenty of 88 NL5 x Haze , NL5 x NL5/Haze Bx1,a5 poly work,and other NL5/Haze hybrids to post as well ...if anyone is interested I'll drop em here. I get no love from icmag and do what I do for the plant and the people. So be it.

These came from Attitude via a buddy who works for a canna-company in Oklahoma called Farma. When Farma announced we will be working on a skunk project together, dude from the tude dropped these on him for us to use as reference material. Catalogs are in pristine condition and some on the way to get your autograph brotherman~
Gas

View Image
That's great Gas.
If you find one with the Ruderalis cross ...its one of mine.
First Rudies grown in North America far as I know.
For those interested Gas has the best version of the
old Haze/5 I have seen since the original.
True to taste.
D

Tropical Sativa

Actually the English horse breeders ripped him off.
Over charged for everything ...storage, shipping, feeding etc and then stole his horses while he was in prison. He couldn't fight them anymore so he let it go.
Old money vacuuming up the new money.
Nevil bred fish , birds , dogs and a few other things.
His initial breeding knowledge came from breeding Budgies.
D

I remember reading a mns post where Nevil was saying that he knew how to breed glow in the dark coy carp!

That's some serious skills :tiphat:

Tropical Sativa

No reversal on the Bx its regular. These are from few years ago. There a thread somwhere in my subforum from that time you can see the process.

For the new S1.s sts was used .

Thanks dude, S1's is what I meant to ask, lol :biggrin:
I'll check the bx thread out for sure, nice one :tiphat:

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
From Bringdemfya’s album...man, these are too cool. If you want me to delete them from my post here, just let me know...hopefully soon you’ll get enough posts to start putting up your pics as you choose.

1988 F6 NL5 x Haze...
picture.php

NL5 x NL5/Haze bx1...
picture.php

Widow mom A...(NL5/Haze Bx1 F1)...
picture.php

NL2 Ruderalis pheno...
picture.php

NL2 Ruderalis pheno...53 days or less...
picture.php

HB.

TheDarkStorm

Yes but remember

This is Sams

Sams was Not around in 69 , Sams had nothing to do with the origins or The originators grows at all

It’s possible it was from Original Haze seeds Sams collected

But not probable and his post state the opposite

if Sams had given Nevil 100’s or thousands of Seeds . If he collected a hundred or Soo seeds in 71 or after I couldn’t imagine he didn’t use them for his breeding stock or that he even had any left to sell Nevil

Also Sams was a younger guy who only lived on the same block / neighborhood as G a few years later . I was told Sams did some trimming . Sams admittedly post his wife did some trimming for G

How many seeds could he have collected smoking Original Haze ?
How many seeds could he have collected trimming Original Haze ?

The circle was tight they didn’t want seed getting out and they didn’t want just anyone in on the Haze grows

I’m not trying to discredit you or anyone, Sams and Nevil both got upset with me for the same reasons . Everyone or almost everyone posting here is of the similar mindset as me . The dates and details are important

If it was 100 seeds or a thousand seeds does make a difference

Because I have all the old post from both Sams and Nevil and now you’re , considering the passion and interest it only nature to compare

And yes there are and have been some contradictions over the years . I don’t want to upset Sams as I said I wouldn’t continue pointing them out

Please don’t take offense

1luvbigherb

I believe tod has also stated that sam did some sort of trade for those seeds...an also tod was trying to get hold of those specific seeds that nevil got wich by the way are probably long gone..seems like behind the scenes the story is something else.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I believe tod has also stated that sam did some sort of trade for those seeds...an also tod was trying to get hold of those specific seeds that nevil got wich by the way are probably long gone..seems like behind the scenes the story is something else.

I’m going to have to DM Todd...I’ve already paid for the seed, so I’m still going to grow them out, but...I don’t know if Sam sold him a bill of goods or what. The latest pics he put up of the Ohaze he’s got look very Thai/SE Asian...big calyxes, narrow leaves, branchy...

This thread has been pretty eye opening for me so far. Just when you think you know what’s what, someone comes along and blows everything you thought outta the water.

HB.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
That with the Thai is very interesting, my most favorite Weed (Barney's Utopia Haze) up until today has this great Lemon/pine smell and taste with a super positive cerebral high. I had some conversations about this Strain a few times over the last years, and i guess even yo sammy wrote somewhere it's C5Haze. So the UH Seed line probably is just a selfed C5Haze. I had some fast flowering phenos which has pretty much no smell, something which could come from the NL side i guess. I've shown a few UH plant pics from phenos where i thought the leaves were looking Asian like to a oldtimer sativa lover (Satva), and he said indeed they look like they have some Asian blood. So when i put the puzzle pieces together it seems my most favorite weed is just a mix of Colombian/Thai and NL, and not a Brazilian IBL like Barneys has stated, of course as the squad fast low odor indica phenos wouldn't make much sense in a Brazilian IBL, more the NL in Neviles work. The long flowering phenos are just awesome. :)

Barneys won the 18th HTCC with the strain listed as Willie Nelson but in reality Derry entered C5Hz instead.
Some issue ruined his willie crop so he had a problem entering the weed. Reeferman bred the willie and got pissed about Derry’s last minute decision. This mostly due to the fact that Derry didn’t inform him about this so after Derry won the cup reeferman had to give interviews about his entered strain Willie Nelson when it in fact was C5Hz.

Some time prior to this a buddy o mine and myself were collaborating in growing C5 crops at my buddy’s place. He provided the room while i shared my info regarding how to grow the hybrids proper. From start our collab worked like a charm, the room was very suitable for growing haze and we harvested most amazing C5 flowers.
The whole HTCC thing ended this collab.

After the first successful crops my buddy got connected to Derry trough a mutual friend. This friend was a grower fond of smoking haze and got in contact with my buddy via a Dutch forum.
After a while he came with the proposal to bring some C5 to the Dam instead of bringing it to our usual connection.
A key thing in all this is the fact that around the millennium the main characters of Nevils old crew fell out.
This falling out combined with severe police harassments and pests at the time put severe pressure on the Southern Dutch Haze scene. Thats why it seemed like a good option to start bringing some Haze to Barneys. This went well until the HTCC.
My buddy and me were both invited by Derry. He informed us about entering the C5 in the cup. We thought he would enter it as C5 which he didn’t.
As much as I enjoyed Patti Smits gig at the melkweg i disliked the whole ordeal entering C5 as Willie Nelson. Therefor I decided not to continue collaborating with my buddy who didn’t care about it bc in the end, growers never get the credit anyhow. Derry and him worked together for a while but after the quality of the flowers decreased it came to an end.
I’m not sure my buddy handed a C5 cutting to Derry but it wouldn’t surprise me if he did. I doubt Barneys UH is a C5S1, i think they outcrossed it to something else and maybe bx it but its just speculation.

TheDarkStorm

Some people think that greg was the creator of the northern lights lines and that he created these from the seeds nevil gave him of afghan#1 that he got from sam...im sory I couldnt stop laughing..some people will believe anything even wen it makes no sense

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

I'm gonna say it because its true...Yes,this is the best representation of the original in seed form you can actually acquire.

I have put thousands of packs of these out there by the way..from 2012....till now... F2 up to the current F6.

I currently have 88 NL5 x Haze at F6. Line bred,open pollinated..mostly. Culling any intersex and junk traits as best possible without bottlenecking genotype. You are looking at the 50/50 phenotype result in this picture she finished at 70 to 75.

Effect is brutal....for me not enjoyable,as many other would say who have been there.
The indica base note is deep and functionally immobilizing after the Hazae wears off...I just go into a couple hour coma. Some phenotypes finish at 53 days..some well over 80. This is all 88 NL5 x Haze

The Haze effect takes the immediate front seat...full blown crash your car,get a divorce, chop your finger off and wtf are you talking about bro? Incredibly introspective and hallucinatory. The original " you will shot your pants" war ring is still in effect. Good looking out on Nevuls part there...this herb is not for the anxiety laden mind or women for that matter.

Thanks gas...would be great if you could get some over here...im sure I read on one of the forums that you have managed to create two separate lines from the nl5haze..one being more sativa leaning an one being more indica leaning...is this actual the case..would be great to know if this is actually factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts