What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Found this pic claiming to be c5 haze:tiphat:

Attachments

• 54277463_1283506885136936_6825829811720447468_n(1).jpg
    54277463_1283506885136936_6825829811720447468_n(1).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 24

TheDarkStorm

Yes, she stood out from the others. One of her sisters was hay-catpiss and another one hay iirc and they didn't have the potency of their sister. At least they all were really sativa-like.
2 years ago I grew GH SSH again and it was a completely different plant.
Smell now was pretty much on the lemon side, no church and sandalwood or pepper or catpiss in it and the buds looked like super skunk on steroids.
Actually a joke if you expected haze. Potency pretty low and up high but yield pretty good.

The new new SSH from GHS:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82491&pictureid=2012854&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I didn't keep any of them cause of the low potency and one-dimensional effect.

Intresting...that looks totally different to how it should...iv seen somewer arjan post that they stopped selling the s1 seeds from the super silver haze clone they held for a number of years cuz they wanted to see if anyone still had the clone...bit of a silly excuse...wonder wat theve been selling insted.

Fitzera

I once fully seeded 30 kilos of Haze/5 with the C male and it went to Coffeeshops all over Holland. At least 1.5 million of those went out in the weed. My answer to Nevils arrest at the time haha...I thought that'll learn them. So Lord knows what came out of that.

...I might have the dates off, I believe I do....but the first thing that came to mind when I read this was "the origins of Cinderella 99".

I can only wonder what came of all those seeds, and how they might tie into the current genetics we know today.

I dont want to get off topic in this thread, would you mind if I dm'd you? I'm curious about our Canadian cannabis history

D

dj9

Big herb if I remember rightly..sam sold those seeds to nevil in 1984 even 85....he got to holland in 84..no time to make wat nevil found...and I dont think sam worked haze while back in the usa...
I don't either Darkstorm. And as I said the seeds were all mixed for sure. Not from 1 male and 1 female which was obvious by the differences between them. There was only about a hundred viable" looking " seeds. Also remember that 1969 was only 15 years earlier.
D

D

dj9

...I might have the dates off, I believe I do....but the first thing that came to mind when I read this was "the origins of Cinderella 99".

I can only wonder what came of all those seeds, and how they might tie into the current genetics we know today.

I dont want to get off topic in this thread, would you mind if I dm'd you? I'm curious about our Canadian cannabis history
If you trace it back I think you'll find its a Skunk/Haze/NL
D

D

dj9

Dj9 so with out say the NL and other things Nev hybridized Haze with that Nev you grew out and tested it is possible that Haze may of been left on the shelf .

As haze going by Sam and Nev really shined only when it was out crossed.

Thanks Mods / Admin for fixing up the title of the thread.
Well, I'm just saying that without a bigger selection in may have faded away hadn't the good Indicas been there as part of the puzzle.

D

dj9

This was 1990. I lived in Holland for 14 years.
Its was long before C99 came along.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Well, I'm just saying that without a bigger selection in may have faded away hadn't the good Indicas been there as part of the puzzle.

Lucky i was not there i would of only hybridized haze to other pure sativas.

D

dj9

By the way guys im sure the older Dominican/cuban guys already confirmed ther original cut was from nl5haze-c
Sorry Darkstorm . Never had the pleasure of trying those.
I think a lot of these things came from bag seed from weed grown
outdoors, from Seed Bank seeds. Including OG and the Durban in the cookies stuff, may be just SSH. Which is Sk/ Haze X NL/SK X Haze I believe or something close to that.... I always get Silver and Super Silver mixed up. These are from the 90s . Were there other Hazes going around NY before 86 , 87 ? I don't know . Someone here must know that one.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Lucky i was not there i would of only hybridized haze to other pure sativas.

Then again the indicas are what made Nevil reach legendary status.
The states always have and still prefer a heavy stone, even in my area nobody wants a haze dominant effect, they only want that new OG, cookie, cake, ect... Until they try some Hashplant :biggrin:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Then again the indicas are what made Nevil reach legendary status.
The states always have and still prefer a heavy stone, even in my area nobody wants a haze dominant effect, they only want that new OG, cookie, cake, ect... Until they try some Hashplant :biggrin:

Nev could not understand my thinking around indicas i don't think many do i just don't like the smoke never have.I just dont like there affect saying that i do understand the value they can bring and i do see them now as a valuable tool.

D

dj9

Dj did you get to try any of the females from haze-c selfed ?
No sorry Dark. That was also later in the 90s.
During the period that Nevil moved to Adam
and worked with Arjan etc I wasn't involved
with what he was doing. Actually we only saw
each other once in a while during that period.
Usually, when we were together it was more about
good hash. Marocs , Turks etc.

bigherb

Veteran
Sorry Darkstorm . Never had the pleasure of trying those.
I think a lot of these things came from bag seed from weed grown
outdoors, from Seed Bank seeds. Including OG and the Durban in the cookies stuff, may be just SSH. Which is Sk/ Haze X NL/SK X Haze I believe or something close to that.... I always get Silver and Super Silver mixed up. These are from the 90s . Were there other Hazes going around NY before 86 , 87 ? I don't know . Someone here must know that one.

This post below is the oldest mention of NYC Haze , my cousin can trace it back to 1990

Originally Posted by The Baphomet
bigherb, we haven't smoked her yet but it has the same smell as the old church haze from NYC , and grows very similar in structure but it defiantly flowers longer that the church . The church use to come down by 120 days Max but could be taken around 100 . This thunk is going to take a while longer .

The church is one of the strains I wish I still had IT would be all I need . When My Mom came by She use to say" I love that incense you burn it smells like the same kind they use in church ".

Im currently on a mission for that same kind of haze and we are devoting a whole room for haze only . WE just popped mango , ssh from mr nice and we have tom hill haze and Neville's from Mr N on the way ,but I gotta say the thunk is looking promising

bigherb, we grew the thunk from seed . But the old church cut I had looked similar to the thunk in bud structure and the smell is also the same . The church had bigger leaves than the thunk .I unfortunately don't have any pics from those days ,the Crazy way we did things back then in our apartments in the city we didn't want to have any pics or crap around .
I have smoked the O haze a few years back ,but it was poorly grown and tasted of ferts
When I said it smells like oldschool haze I was talking about the haze I first smoked IN nyc around the mid 80's

As for the origin of the church I have no idea ,all I now is that it was a haze . The first time I smoked it was around 85-86 and it was from a spot in Harlem , they sold dimes of it and they where the smallest dimes you saw in those days but three of use would be totally whacked off one joint that we usually smoked in the last car of the train on the ride home from the spot

im not that lucky ,but im sure there might be somone who knows someone, this might be a possible canidate for a haze not realated to the haze A / C males

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Hey there...as far as I know the A is still alive.
And yes I was around the castle many times during bulk deals but never met
any Dominicans . But I wasn't there every day of course. I lived 20 minutes up the road when I moved there, but stayed at the castle on my extended visits before that.
Nevil had about 100 Haze seeds from Sam. He asked for the oldest ones and bought the whole bag. He tried to start about a dozen and none started. So he threw them all in [yes threw] . 6 germinated ...1 died right away. A and C are famous. B was a female which to me had the classic Cali taste... I spent some time in Happy Camp Cal. in 82 and had tasted this there. But Nevil didn't care for it cause it flowered too quick and wasn't very Hazy . D was rope and E flowered forever. Nevil had pollinated it 3 times with various males, and pulled seeds off and finally cut it, much to his dismay later. It ended up being some very powerful Haze. I have recently heard and seen a pic of the A and C male in Cali but who can tell from a knarly little pic. I grew 100s of A5s and have never yet seen a pic on line that resembled it. It was a big classic Sat with small end of your finger sized fluffy buds and tasted like spice, chicken soup, slight menthol ...much less pine than the C crosses. The A you could smoke forever, but the C, although it was much more intense, a person built a tolerance fairly quickly. I grew 1000s of C5s. I had to give away for free to Coffeeshop owners in the beginning cause no one wanted it. Everyone was used to that crappy 'skunk'. By the way I would like to ask the whole community if anyone knows what SK#1 was called before it left Cali. It couldn't have been Skunk since, it wasn't. I met Sam at the first Cannabis cup at a Restaurant in Rotterdam . This event was sponsored and set up by Ben. Sam was there with a beautiful sweet smelling SK1. bud. That was my first exposure to SK1. Having come from Canada and lived in Cali and Oregon Skunk was a wide leafed heavy Indica you could smell for a mile. Nothing sweet about it . It was great weed but nothing to do with Skunk. Its just a theory so don't git yer panties in a knot but I smoked Hawaiian in the early 80s that was the same profile. I believe its an old Hawaiian actually but that's for another time.
And thanks again for welcoming me to everyone. D

After you posting I was looking at many old Nevil
Post from the Grail thread at Mns forums . It evoked a feeling , a fire an appreciation. His work was a blessing as well as his spirit and posting . I’d like to drop this post below which gave me abit of insight into Nevil
Quote:
I hope like hell you have someone you're passing all this knowledge down to
I do. It's all of you. It's one of the reasons I'm writing now. I am concerned that the internet "kill switch" is coming. I have two main reasons for going public now. One is to see what we can put together working as a team and the other is to pass on knowledge of what I have done in the past and my thought processes as to why. As a child, I was privileged to have a breeding mentor. If I can be of assistance to you, in the same way then I will have "Paid it Forward".
You see, I love all of you too, for I see you as other versions of myself and therefore you deserve my best efforts.
N.

His vibe was felt his name will be remembered

I’d like to talk more history later

Much respect for sharing your experiences

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

I deleted this post because I wasnt happy with it and it was wrote in a hury on my way out. So please ignore this post.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Wers the rest of this post big herb..im sure I rember somthing about the cut being nl5haze-c after the 90's

Not sure what post you refer to bout C5

This is the rest of the post

There was another Haze that floated around NY in the mid to late 90's called the pepper or pepper-head it was also a killa haze . A few years ago I got a p from NY that was labeled nlhaze that was very church like .
I have 7 more of these Thunk seeds IM going to wait till this one is done before I pop a few more because space is kinda limited to the sd right now

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Dj9

It’s very interesting to hear your experiences and side of the story .

You seem to remember some very specific details

To your recollection it was only 100 or Soo Original Haze seeds Nevil
Acquired from Sams ?
Do you Recall the bag or bags of seeds and if Soo the dates on the bags ?

If you look here at Karmas thread he has the official A5

Can you tell us if any other HzA hybrid clones survive aside from A5 and AG13 ?

Can you confirm both HzA n HzC Males are still alive ?

1luvbigherb

herbgreen

Veteran
Also, do you remember Nevil saying what the haze seeds were made up of genetics wise ?

Did he make mention of what Sam said they were at the time?

Any specific lineage was mentioned back then do you remember?

Nexus7

@dj9

Just wondering if you or Nevil tried smoking the Haze A or C males?

If so can you recall it's effects/smoke report?

I know it's not common but myself and a few others will actually smoke a male plant for testing purposes.

Peace and thanks for your contribution to our understanding of these legendary Hazes.

N7

Status
Not open for further replies.