What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
This happens with all of these ganja stories...you asked a simple question, the original poster. Anyone is welcome to show a full size picture with facts and anecdotes.

Instead just text 99.9% nonsense only worthwhile if you are looking to be distracted into some shill's second or third hand copied seed shanty... cannabis is Legal now no hiding in the shadows or reason for concealment. It's almost like hiding in a cave, having a big seed catalog with stories and everything, without having real people or actual photographs of each one of the, specimens, if you will. It just looks like an empty story book, same as my B$ neighbor or high school troll who is a felon, etc. Lips move words come out but nothing is said and to an adult it does not matter what language or sounds the speaker is attempting to use it all sounds the same 100% translucent reading body language or past actions alone. It is like a case closed, and at the same time infinite possibility to divulge improve embellish fabricate fantasize situation. People seem to get on my case so much about being negative. All I know personally growing up in California is the Super Lemon Haze cut from Purple City Genetics looks like Haze, like a lot of haze. If Santa Cruz grows bud then at what time specifically does or did it 'belong to' or 'come from' Europe? I don't care about the place the seeds came from so much as the flower growing. Ace Malawi looks like haze too and I did not see any pictures of dubi in Malawi with cannabis so as far as I am able to discern it is also haze :tiphat:

I'll give you guys an example, it's a freebie. If you check reddit on the trees sub now, the third post on their top or front page is a ad for wa|ma<t. There are way too many upvotes, for the stories not to be manipulated. So it is bot voter manipulation, just to make it so that reddit /r/trees has an advertisement, at the top of the page, in the form of a 'text post' by 'a user of the site.' What sucks is you can see the drone bots upvoting crap, and it floats like the scum on the ocean, and it is flooded so much that the garbage attempts to overwhelm any quality content. It really is a slander and sabotage campaign which comes in all flavors shapes and forms, even 'cannabis growers,' or especially rather. All kinds of double agent type of stuff that sounds weird but it is, how it is. Something about most people seeming way more stupid and ignorant than average, and them also thinking they are skilled, and purposely choosing the bulk inexpensive fluff as a way of life instead of morals human decency and integrity character. Totally outnumbered feeling sometimes (it could be actually an illusion, psychologically demeaning cyber warfare bots) like one big horse versus a hundred little ducks or something.

It's weird: if a person posts a picture of a bud they grew, there aren't really like nine or ten other people (peers, enthusiasts, friendly, friends) asking about it like 'hey nice bud good job, where'd you get it what's its story?" Instead closer to ten people all post a pic of the bud they grew with no comments at all from anyone, or everyone else maybe silent to themselves like 'ah whatever it's alright.' And the unfortunate part, truly, about shining reputable growers not receiving reputation because of lesser jealous souls, really. Totally opposite from if I boasted I have a grow house with thousands and millions of plants like I am bragging, that really is an attack on my spirit personally I do not want to see that or expose myself to it for several reasons. The net effect on that, is that every single person can be growing the exact same thing, and nobody would even know, because nobody is paying attention to anyone or anything other than their own stuff. If all thousand people did not collaborate, because all thousand were individually competing with one another, then it looks like one thousand of the same exact thing to me whoever wherever it comes from all the same :tiphat: . 'being mean' or a 'call out' isn't my intention, indirectly one thing leading into another it may appear as such. This is the most popular cannabis site and as far as all of us are able to see all of the best hazes are in photograph form on this site. Mango comes to mind, did not really see much in the way of Original or Tom's or Sam's or Nevil's or Neville's

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
You might grow up to meet a hero and find from where you stand the person, the plant, they don't care about cannabis. You read stories and think about meeting the big weed guy, and the name brand the sticker on the package the sign on the store, it is just a thing. Like a tin foil wrapper from a candy. Like comic book seeds, or characters. In reality, comic book stories and personalities are plastic figurines that sit on desks and television shows. The hype, is just hype, or it belongs in the comic book. You might receive a promotion and fire your manager, beat the dojo master now the place is yours, dude makes you a sword and you behead the armorer, become general and take the admiral or major's forty five and blow their brains. In life, the world, the real world the professional world, all 100% functional equivalents. High quality cannabis flowers speak for themselves. Someone with sticky organic buds they grew affordably is good.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Not sure I did understand what you mean.

But I do ask myself too, where these scents that I thought were related to HazeA do come from, if NevHaze has been the only strain with HazeA that did it on the market.

Jack Herer is a good exemple for it.

I have always been sure the first Jack Herers were HazeA, based on my friends and my palate and nose. I did even think Jack Herer was the same as Piff/NYC Haze, based on your descriptions @Bigherb. Was the same period, where the all best Hazes of that time were still around A5, A2, C5, HPH, MexHaze and many others. So we had something to compare. (A2, I still wish to know what it was!)

Now when I read that Silver Haze (was my favourite lemony Haze at the time) was renamed to Jack Herer I do find it difficult to understand...

But maybe all the different Jack Herer versions that were sold in Coffeshops were HazeA strains, renamed to Jack Herer because that name did sell better.

Haze males A & C were siblings which says something regarding offsprings from both.
Technically this could explain why the darker Haze A notes could also be found in Haze C outcrosses and vice versa, it might only be a rare phenotypic expression but the fact that they are related verifies the possibility.
This also could help explain te reason why this particular seedbatch where Nevil found both Haze males in was considered “special”
Maybe this batch was the best work of the original “Haze Master” and therefor troubled SamS selling this particular batch to Nevil who probably was very intuitive, persuasive and had a gut feeling this was the special batch he needed to get.

Nevil created his most amazing hybrids using both males and by what i have heard from the old crew and read Nevs description of female Haze B these Hazes from A to F came out of the extraordinary original Haze breeding stock by whoever they were: these so called “Haze Brothers”

Although i am far from an expert myself I feel the route where there is most definitely some kind of connection between BOEL and these founding fathers of what we call Haze and in most cases the famous hybrids made by Nevil.

Regarding the Jack Herrer route and coffeeshop sales in the ‘90’s i can assure you that not one Haze A hybrid would have been sold as JackHerrer anywhere unless it was badly cultivated.

Haze A hybrids were and still stand for the mans best work, standing out anywhere when cultivated righteously.

A5, AG13 and Nevilles Haze stille all 3 represent the top of the top when it comes to Haze Hybrids from Nevils hand.

Jack Herrer is second class stuff compared to these flowers, its a different league tbh.
Not saying its bad gear, but genetically speaking the original hybrids were used as parental creating strains like SSH, JH, MH, all outcrossing the original hybrids to shorter flowering varieties.

Selection is what its all about.

Cheers for the thread hempy. For a Haze discussion thread its going great, haha, defo lots of great info coming together, so bravo for that!

Regarding me questioning Haze C’s livelihood and all its never been my intention to question people.
I never had any beef with anyone in this community simply bc i don't think its worth all the fuss.
Its the plants that count and i know you surely agree with me on that one and for that matter the only reason why I questioned haze male C still being around, not from here-say but maybe from someone here on the board that could convince us he is stil thriving, male Haze C.
But if you vouch for it, consider it as noted.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Nice to have you drop by sammy...your pictures of haze are usually awesome...I especially like how you guys blow that Ag13 up...would love to see some pictures of it here...if you dont mind...please.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Cheers for the thread hempy. For a Haze discussion thread its going great, haha, defo lots of great info coming together, so bravo for that!

Regarding me questioning Haze C livelihood and all its never been my intention to question people.
I never had any beef with anyone in this community simply bc i don't think its worth all the fuss.
Its the plants that count and i know you surely agree with me on that one.
That is also the only reason why I questioned haze male C still being around, not from here-say but maybe from someone here on the board that could convince us he is stil thriving, male Haze C.

Hi Sammy i never had a beef with any one but it seams a few have with me.

I find it a little disrespectful that some seam to want to see this thread killed off its a classic troll move to start arguments and blame the people being attacked for the dramas they start.

Nev's 1 year anniversary is weeks away and i thought it a great idea to try and get a real discussion happening with real facts and what better way to do that than with Nev's closest friend who was in Holland with him threw all the haze work.

It is up to the community to want this not me but i see a lot interested in knowing the facts.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hi Darkstorm,
My pleasure:
Here the AG13 (G13HzA) by Nevil, grown by me in 2014, first grow after police raided my home for the first time.
Have to pay big tribute to Bonk, this man played an important role in the status the hybrids got renounced for. He grew the hybrids like a master and teached me the basic skills to tend and cultivate these hybrids to their full potential indoors.
Respect to both men, both giants in their field.
picture.php

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hi Sammy i never had a beef with any one but it seams a few have with me.

I find it a little disrespectful that some seam to want to see this thread killed off its a classic troll move to start arguments and blame the people being attacked for the dramas they start.

Nev's 1 year anniversary is weeks away and i thought it a great idea to try and get a real discussion happening with real facts and what better way to do that than with Nev's closest friend who was in Holland with him threw all the haze work.

It is up to the community to want this not me but i see a lot interested in knowing the facts.

Looking forward to another perspective on things, preferably by those who were actually around and involved in Nevils doings back in the day.
Eager to hear more.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see A5H genetics(thanks Karma) are gonna be getting much more attention. I've always thought more breeding with them was needed. We where missing out on some of the best phenos we could find..

Does anything think the Skunk weed from 1980's could have come from an out crossing using haze?. I've been working with Karmas A5HBX1.. 1 of the crosses I made was with my SnowmanxBio Diesel keeper. No skunk all diesel. The a5hbx1 x FP has a noticeable haze aroma with skunk under tones. If bumped she lets you know. When I puff on her she makes my forehead sweat. Ive grown many seeds with "SKUNK" in there name but none reminded me of that 1980 skunk until this cross. 1st plant was a small tester. I have 5 more plants in flower now to get a better look.

I have 5 different seed plants of A5HBX1 X FP. None are like the keeper. These all are much bigger plants with bigger leaves. These are still in veg at 40 days. I'm looking forward to seeing whats found.

CodyPomeray

Much respect Yo Sammy, spoken like a true warrior to the cause. The plant brings us together, the people behind the plant all need to remember that. Love this thread.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I see A5H genetics(thanks Karma) are gonna be getting much more attention. I've always thought more breeding with them was needed. We where missing out on some of the best phenos we could find..

Does anything think the Skunk weed from 1980's could have come from an out crossing using haze?. I've been working with Karmas A5HBX1.. 1 of the crosses I made was with my SnowmanxBio Diesel keeper. No skunk all diesel. The a5hbx1 x FP has a noticeable haze aroma with skunk under tones. If bumped she lets you know. When I puff on her she makes my forehead sweat. Ive grown many seeds with "SKUNK" in there name but none reminded me of that 1980 skunk until this cross. 1st plant was a small tester. I have 5 more plants in flower now to get a better look.

I have 5 different seed plants of A5HBX1 X FP. None are like the keeper. These all are much bigger plants with bigger leaves. These are still in veg at 40 days. I'm looking forward to seeing whats found.

The skunk traits come from the old NL#5.
The old crew informed me that Nevil chose this NL#5 outcrossing both Haze males bc of the low smell and amazing yields of this particular line.
His NL#2, related to #5 was very skunky smelling.

KarmaG brought the A5 back to the community but don’t forget the people behind the man who were crucial for keeping this cutting around over the years. Thanks to them, A5 and other precious old cuttings survived the Dutch poor legislation, not to mention pests and personal issues these people had to undergo over more then 3 decades.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well said

But I must mention the C Haze and C5 hybrids as that's what was around in Amsterdam alot more than the A and A5 hybrids and has made some of the best Haze hybrids we have ever seen.
The famous SSH from Greenhouse seeds 98 and many of the NL5 Haze and Haze c hybrids were legendary and up there with the A Hybrids.
Most of the Haze I used to see around that period 2000-2010 was from the C5 side of Haze.
Even my SSSDH cut if anyone has tried that is as close to the famous cut of SSH that I've not seen in over a decade.
Neville must of really liked the C5 Haze and or his crew he worked with in Amsterdam as that's all I see in the years until Neville moved on around 2003,and the buds Neville and crew were supplying were all C5 dom and the C5 cut I'm talking about. Neville was still around but just underground supplying buds even to the Greenhouse Coffeshop untill 1 last cup was the last time I ever see those famous Haze buds and greenhouse seeds were even handing out the last of the Regular seeds of SSH for free to judges which I believe was the last ever stock that Nev/Shanti had sold to Arjan.

All of the Haze hybrids you would see in coffeshops were all C5 dominant, I mean near every good Haze you would find in town and I've been to Amsterdam more than anyone I know and to every cup since early 2000's

I understand the south dutch crew who held Neville's old cuts mainly used to work with the A and A5 cuts and hybrids as I guess that was what they preferred or had access to.

To me the famous C5( that I believe was lost and a 2nd C5 cut is around now) is was equally as good as the A5 and brings the lemon/pine/Church/Frankincense ( much less Frank than A5 more a back note) that is missing in alot of strains now which the other C5 that goes around has much more Sk or something else in that isn't a patch on the old C5.
This C5 didnt have the potency of the A5 but wasnt weak but had the most amazing flavour you could ever wish for and was clearly Thai dominant from flavours .

Peace
Haze males A & C were siblings which says something regarding offsprings from both.
Technically this could explain why the darker Haze A notes could also be found in Haze C outcrosses and vice versa, it might only be a rare phenotypic expression but the fact that they are related verifies the possibility.
This also could help explain te reason why this particular seedbatch where Nevil found both Haze males in was considered “special”
Maybe this batch was the best work of the original “Haze Master” and therefor troubled SamS selling this particular batch to Nevil who probably was very intuitive, persuasive and had a gut feeling this was the special batch he needed to get.

Nevil created his most amazing hybrids using both males and by what i have heard from the old crew and read Nevs description of female Haze B these Hazes from A to F came out of the extraordinary original Haze breeding stock by whoever they were: these so called “Haze Brothers”

Although i am far from an expert myself I feel the route where there is most definitely some kind of connection between BOEL and these founding fathers of what we call Haze and in most cases the famous hybrids made by Nevil.

Regarding the Jack Herrer route and coffeeshop sales in the ‘90’s i can assure you that not one Haze A hybrid would have been sold as JackHerrer anywhere unless it was badly cultivated.

Haze A hybrids were and still stand for the mans best work, standing out anywhere when cultivated righteously.

A5, AG13 and Nevilles Haze stille all 3 represent the top of the top when it comes to Haze Hybrids from Nevils hand.

Jack Herrer is second class stuff compared to these flowers, its a different league tbh.
Not saying its bad gear, but genetically speaking the original hybrids were used as parental creating strains like SSH, JH, MH, all outcrossing the original hybrids to shorter flowering varieties.

Selection is what its all about.

Regarding me questioning Haze C’s livelihood and all its never been my intention to question people.
Its the plants that count and i know you surely agree with me on that one and for that matter the only reason why I questioned haze male C still being around, not from here-say but maybe from someone here on the board that could convince us he is stil thriving, male Haze C.

D

dj9

Looking forward to another perspective on things, preferably by those who were actually around and involved in Nevils doings back in the day.
Eager to hear more.
Hello Sammy and everyone who welcomed me.
I met Nevil in 1984 by telephone after ordering and receiving a pack of Kashroc seeds.
He invited me to come visit him in Holland as he did with everyone. In the spring of 85 I made my first trip to the Netherlands. I spent a month smoking and talking and driving around looking for a place to get the Seed Bank going. We looked at many farms and properties. I returned to Holland in the fall of 85 and Nevil had found and bought the castle. I traveled back and forth for a few years and in 89 was offered a job by Nevil so I moved to the Netherlands. We have been in contact and good friends ever since then until his passing. May he RIP. I have grown all the plants en mass, and will post more replies etc as time goes on. Still trying to figure the whole forum out. Hempy has been asking me for a long while to come on and give a little insight into those days. I told Nevil I was going to do this and his exact words were "the trolls will eat you alive mate" . But if you can handle it, you have my blessing. Haha . So that explains my holding back for so long. Anyway I hope to be able to shed some light [without getting burnt] on some of these questions.
As for 1 answer. Yes Sammy I also believe Nevils batch off Haze seeds was something special, which is one reason no ones been able to match it .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I met Nevil in 1984 by telephone after ordering and receiving a pack of Kashroc seeds.
He invited me to come visit him in Holland as he did with everyone. In the spring of 85 I made my first trip to the Netherlands. I spent a month smoking and talking and driving around looking for a place to get the Seed Bank going. We looked at many farms and properties. I returned to Holland in the fall of 85 and Nevil had found and bought the castle. I traveled back and forth for a few years and in 89 was offered a job by Nevil so I moved to the Netherlands. We have been in contact and good friends ever since then until his passing. May he RIP. I have grown all the plants en mass, and will post more replies etc as time goes on. Still trying to figure the whole forum out. Hempy has been asking me for a long while to come on and give a little insight into those days. I told Nevil I was going to do this and his exact words were "the trolls will eat you alive mate" . But if you can handle it, you have my blessing. Haha . So that explains my holding back for so long. Anyway I hope to be able to shed some light [without getting burnt] on some of these questions.
As for 1 answer. Yes Sammy I also believe Nevils batch off Haze seeds was something special, which is one reason no ones been able to match it .

welcome-back-gif-13.gif

Do you have any background info of Friesland indica perhaps?

OldCoolSativa

Welcome, dj9. I hope the trolls stay away. I have a couple questions for you.

1) When and how did the Haze A male die? Are there any pictures of it? I've only seen one pic of the Haze C male.

2) I understand Nevil would occasionally meet bulk seed buyers in person at the castle. Do you know if he sold many Haze A hybrid seeds to such buyers? Did you ever meet any of these guys and, if so, did you ever run across any Dominicans?

3). Did you observe efforts to geminate seeds from the batch that Nevil got from Sam? Can you verify if any of the batches were labeled 1969 as Nevil claimed? Any idea how many seeds he popped?

Greatly appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks.

TheDarkStorm

Well said

But I must mention the C Haze and C5 hybrids as that's what was around in Amsterdam alot more than the A and A5 hybrids and has made some of the best Haze hybrids we have ever seen.
The famous SSH from Greenhouse seeds 98 and many of the NL5 Haze and Haze c hybrids were legendary and up there with the A Hybrids.
Most of the Haze I used to see around that period 2000-2010 was from the C5 side of Haze.
Even my SSSDH cut if anyone has tried that is as close to the famous cut of SSH that I've not seen in over a decade.
Neville must of really liked the C5 Haze and or his crew he worked with in Amsterdam as that's all I see in the years until Neville moved on around 2003,and the buds Neville and crew were supplying were all C5 dom and the C5 cut I'm talking about. Neville was still around but just underground supplying buds even to the Greenhouse Coffeshop untill 1 last cup was the last time I ever see those famous Haze buds and greenhouse seeds were even handing out the last of the Regular seeds of SSH for free to judges which I believe was the last ever stock that Nev/Shanti had sold to Arjan.

All of the Haze hybrids you would see in coffeshops were all C5 dominant, I mean near every good Haze you would find in town and I've been to Amsterdam more than anyone I know and to every cup since early 2000's

I understand the south dutch crew who held Neville's old cuts mainly used to work with the A and A5 cuts and hybrids as I guess that was what they preferred or had access to.

To me the famous C5( that I believe was lost and a 2nd C5 cut is around now) is was equally as good as the A5 and brings the lemon/pine/Church/Frankincense ( much less Frank than A5 more a back note) that is missing in alot of strains now which the other C5 that goes around has much more Sk or something else in that isn't a patch on the old C5.
This C5 didnt have the potency of the A5 but wasnt weak but had the most amazing flavour you could ever wish for and was clearly Thai dominant from flavours .

Peace

I agree with you ther ojd....wat nevil was puting out was devastating...I seen many a heavy smoker get heart rushes an panic atacks from the stuff...wen nevil left holland all that suff disappeared

bigherb

Veteran
Dj9

Welcome to the forums

I’m very curious what more light you can shed on Nevil working with Haze

Do you know if Nevil used any of the Haze clones Sams gave him for his breeding ?

Were any pure Haze seeds made using the HzA ?

Is there a Hashplant Haze A ?

Are any Haze A hybrids still alive aside from G13HzA and A5 ?

Are original Haze A hybrid seeds still held ?

Appreciate any insight you can shed

1luvbigherb

Tropical Sativa

Well said

Peace

Couldnt agree more! Theres been something very different about ssh seeds since late 2000s. I knew people before me who had found amazing hazy ssh phenos from seed, but when i went through loads of mrnice ssh around 2009 nothing remotely churchy was found like the beautiful churchy ssh i smoked in green house or the grey area in '98. eventually I looked elsewhere, even though there were other really great plants found in mrnice ssh.

I have huge respect for Shanti, and mns ssh is still an awesome strain, but there was zero church incense found in my experience. Not saying it isnt there, but it must be super hard to find compared to the results from people who had grown earlier batches of ssh seeds.

Another mate of mine was growing hawaiian snow from ghs around the same time and found a really nice churchy pheno.. and i was there before telling him not to buy them as ghs were all hay lol.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Welcome to the thread, dj. Much thanks to @hempy for bringing you out of the shadows. I hope I don’t regret asking hempy to create this thread.

I remember how things went for Nev at the Mr Nice forum. It didn’t end well because of a few posters who ruined it for everyone else...really hoping the same doesn’t happen here.

HB.

Tropical Sativa

Great to have you here dj9, can't wait to hear more about you and Nevil. So cool :lurk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts