What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodyPomeray

I mean I see no reason to belittle folks as much as goes on. I still think in my mind if everyone here who decides to bicker and bitch at each other sat around a campfire with some joints, everyone would get along. Doing the hands up in the air im innocent shit just doesnt work for me though. Especially when you have already attacked him so many times and had to point out bad spelling.

How many of the OG's ive learned from who didnt graduate highschool or even be able to spell highschool is far over the folks who care about spelling. I for one just wanna hear some stories of the past, see some sweet pictures, and be grateful we all have this plant to bring us together.

Yes yes, everyones got a bigger cock than the next one, now that thats done with, lets get on with the stories of yester-year that will be lost in time if not spoken. Much love all.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This isn't a spelling lesson or forum so go hang out there if it annoys you that much.
We are hear to discuss Haze not spelling ?
Just a friendly disscujon......

diskcusjon whatever you got to do get the job done

^^That's almost Norgwegian

The related verb is to discuss . Discussion is taken from the Latin discussio , which means "shaking, shaking", and in lower Latin, "careful examination, verification, discussion". A discussion can be an examination of the pros and cons of a thing , an analysis, a dispute, an exchange of argument (close to the meaning of the Greek verb exetazein , "to examine, to inspect").

https://www.laculturegenerale.com/discution-discussion-orthographe/

Appparently diiscusion or discution or whatever is pretty accurate descripyion on what we are doing around here

works for me

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
picture.php

Lets get back on topic

JohnnyChicago

The A5 famous cuts from 30 years back is known as the leathery spicy Frankincense side and the C5 the more lime/Pine/ Frankincense but I believe ( and again my own opinions and guess ) is that the A Male and C Male may be the opposite way around( A Male tasting like C and C Male tasting like A and effects also) and that's how we still get some dominant spicy phenos and effect in some of the X's etc using the C Male.

Anyone have any opinions on this

Peace

Not sure I did understand what you mean.

But I do ask myself too, where these scents that I thought were related to HazeA do come from, if NevHaze has been the only strain with HazeA that did it on the market.

Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1.

Quote from Nevil

I’m not sure where anyone got the idea SSH contained HzA

Nothing sold commercially direct from Nevil contained Haze A with the exception of Nevils Haze

1luvbigherb

Jack Herer is a good exemple for it.

I have always been sure the first Jack Herers were HazeA, based on my friends and my palate and nose. I did even think Jack Herer was the same as Piff/NYC Haze, based on your descriptions @Bigherb. Was the same period, where the all best Hazes of that time were still around A5, A2, C5, HPH, MexHaze and many others. So we had something to compare. (A2, I still wish to know what it was!)

Now when I read that Silver Haze (was my favourite lemony Haze at the time) was renamed to Jack Herer I do find it difficult to understand...

But maybe all the different Jack Herer versions that were sold in Coffeshops were HazeA strains, renamed to Jack Herer because that name did sell better.

NEED 4 SEED

Thanks mate...sounds like your having some fun..sould be quite interesting to see...I believe blue dream is ssh x bb too...an alot of people loved that...have you had a chance to smoke any of yours..if so what do you think of it ?

Yeah, I wasn't the haze lover at all but the smell and power of my old SSH#1 shouldn't be lost in the past, so I am trying to resurrect the offspring and hopefully get some traits back from her. So this was in 2012 and the first offspring I grew out was in 2013. The mom had the perfect smell composition of mixed sandalwood, pepper, lime, church and cat piss.
It induced racing heart at pretty small doses, so you had to be careful. It evened out after 30 minutes and then it was fun to go outside or clean the room.

So here now some pictures:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Full pics here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=82474

Last edited:

NEED 4 SEED

And here is the BB male I crossed it too and the resulting offspring I called Blueberry Haze #1, #3 and #6.
#1 was crazy sweet smelling, it smelled like cake with a blueberry touch. #3 and #6 had more of a hazy smell with more lemon/lime components in it.
All three had the raw power of the mom.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Well, I have seen it posted only the thumbnails. So if you wanna hava close look, please visit my album:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=82474

TheDarkStorm

What sensi call silver haze is suposed to be wat nevil called silver pearl x haze...what nevil called super silver haze (difrent versr)went on to be called jack...

NEED 4 SEED

Silver Pearl x Haze was very nice, to bad Sensi fucked it all up.

Silver Pearl was part of my first grows in 1997. Cute indica plant with christmas tree shape and lots of white hairs. At that time I thought it was called Silver Pearl for that reason. It also gave some heart race but the smell was very sweet.
I am gonna post some pics of this grow later on.

TheDarkStorm

Yeah, I wasn't the haze lover at all but the smell and power of my old SSH#1 shouldn't be lost in the past, so I am trying to resurrect the offspring and hopefully get some traits back from her. So this was in 2012 and the first offspring I grew out was in 2013. The mom had the perfect smell composition of mixed sandalwood, pepper, lime, church and cat piss.
It induced racing heart at pretty small doses, so you had to be careful. It evened out after 30 minutes and then it was fun to go outside or clean the room.

So here now some pictures:

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Thanks for the pictures need for seed..looks like you picked a good one..and well done for trying to keep the genetics going....its a shame you lost the ssh mother sounds like it was a winner.

bigherb

Veteran
Not sure I did understand what you mean.

But I do ask myself too, where these scents that I thought were related to HazeA do come from, if NevHaze has been the only strain with HazeA that did it on the market.

Jack Herer is a good exemple for it.

I have always been sure the first Jack Herers were HazeA, based on my friends and my palate and nose. I did even think Jack Herer was the same as Piff/NYC Haze, based on your descriptions @Bigherb. Was the same period, where the all best Hazes of that time were still around A5, A2, C5, HPH, MexHaze and many others. So we had something to compare. (A2, I still wish to know what it was!)

Now when I read that Silver Haze (was my favourite lemony Haze at the time) was renamed to Jack Herer I do find it difficult to understand...

But maybe all the different Jack Herer versions that were sold in Coffeshops were HazeA strains, renamed to Jack Herer because that name did sell better.

Nevil actually mis wrote that but never changed it , I questioned it and this is his response below . The post are still up

Your quite right Bigherb, It was Super Silver Haze.

Super Silver Haze, Jack Herrer and Diesel are not different lineages, they are the same cutting!

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
dont tell me these are "the" haze buds grown outdoor in new york was it bh,

the ones that a lot of people said it could never be done etc??

if so , they look pretty good to me ,

well either way they look fine ,
id hit it for sure ...

Yes these are Outdoor Nevilles Haze buds

I thought this was the best Pheno of four I’ve experienced in NYC

Appreciate the kind words

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
If im honest big herb it looks like a pheno I wouldn't pick at first ..unless it smoked good..they look like theyve been grown outdoor under not the perfect conditions.maybe needed more light....it maybe be the pictures or my crap phone tho...but youll have to tell us how it smoked.

Good Eye perfect conditions No definitely not perfect , probably closer to 10 hours of light in a smaller backyard with neighbors directly on all sides but it was a successful harvest . Rainfall was minimal during October

This was the most heavily foxtailed pheno I’ve seen, Also the most incensed pheno I’ve tasted . From four different Nevilles Haze phenos . I couldn’t imagine if she were given better conditions and properly dialed in . I thought the buds were beautiful sexy Hazy ladys. The pictures are not professional and were originally posted in my thread at the farm . Soo these are pictures of the non professional pictures lol

Nevilles Haze is an amazing plant that is very hardy in many conditions . She was harvested outdoors in New York last days of October till the second week of November on 4 occasions/ four Phenos . Soo I’m told ��

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

Good Eye perfect conditions No definitely not perfect , probably closer to 10 hours of light in a smaller backyard with neighbors directly on all sides but it was a successful harvest . Rainfall was minimal during October

This was the most heavily foxtailed pheno I’ve seen, Also the most incensed pheno I’ve tasted . From four different Nevilles Haze phenos . I couldn’t imagine if she were given better conditions and properly dialed in . I thought the buds were beautiful sexy Hazy ladys. The pictures are not professional and were originally posted in my thread at the farm . Soo these are pictures of the non professional pictures lol

Nevilles Haze is an amazing plant that is very hardy in many conditions . She was harvested outdoors in New York last days of October till the second week of November on 4 occasions/ four Phenos . Soo I’m told ��

1luvbigherb

Well they did quite well big herb...well done...I know of a guy who used to grow it in a very northern European climate, in a place that wer they had a very short an a not too bright season. He used to grow in his conservatory..heated I think...an he used to get quite good results...anyway hope you an your guys had a blast with the goods.
Thanks for the pictures.

SUPER_HAZE

Everyone talks about the plants of the past. Many years talking about the same. No one will know the truth for many years.

The Sam and Nevil plants changed everything, but what fascinates me is the life of Nevil. He had a life worthy of a movie. I have printed information about his life and I like to read it from time to time.
He was intelligent, brave, passionate about his work, had bad times and regretted that it did not end better. He should have been better known among young people and live as he deserved for everything he did. Other people have contributed nothing, have not played the skin and have a lot of money, but have not lived with the intensity that made Nevil.

My advice is to obtain seeds, plant, plant, plant, save the best, reproduce, share ... You cannot go back to the past but we can enjoy what we have while we are alive.

As he did Nevil, create your own passionate history with cannabis and change the world.:tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts