No announcement yet.

The Haze discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why people think Sam or Haze brothers had the monopoly on "Haze" genetics.

I think the release of Old Timers Haze proves they didn't.

Always exists the possibilty Nevil found an alternate source for "Haze" seeds.

More interesting for me is the Haze B story - being already contaminated with Indica when supposedly beign from 1969.

Peace,

N7

Comment

^^For that you need a Nevil quote....

"The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds "

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-s...s-nevil-3.html

I think maybe they really were old haze seeds brought here by Sam that were from 69/70

Just a theory but would explain why the low germ rate and Nevil's statement but I believe Sam says they were made in holland

Comment

Originally posted by bigherb View Post
        I’ve pondered all the Same , which is one reason I started my thread . From Adam to California, where is the Original Haze . How is there no proper representation in either market

I dont understand how 7 seeds germed from the bunch of seeds Nevil bought . It would only make sense the seeds were very old . Or there is something more to the story

Sams recently posted this below which clears a lot up also adds abit
        Didn't Nevil himself set you straight at Mrnice forums?

Nevil:

Still a lot of questions about haze and apparently a lot of conflicting stories.
        I haven't been paying attention to what Sam the Skunkman has been saying. He lost me years ago and if he wants to come out from behind his alias and go toe to toe with me, well that will be just fine with me (hey David).
        If he is saying that he gave me Purple Haze and it was crap, Well that's true. If he is saying that his lime green Haze was crap , well that's true too. If he is saying that he gave me a Haze cutting, well to be honest, I can't remember, but if he did it was crap. I seem to recall that he entered his lime Haze in a Cup, if he did he got his arse kicked.
        The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds of which I was saying I got 7 plants. I was hoping that Sam would come out with something good from his remaining seeds, he never did and to my knowledge, nor did anyone else. The only good haze that hit the market was from two males A and C.
        Hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer. Somebody else renamed it Diesel. 5HzC X Sk1Hz C was not as good as 5Hz1. Mango Haze (5Hz122)is a full sister to 5Hz1 and these two were the best out of tens of thousands.
        Haze A produced 5HzA2 (5A2) and was featured on the cover of the 1990 catalogue and is the mother of*Nevil's Haze, the father being HzC.
        If you are smoking any good Haze, I'll bet you London to a brick that it comes from Haze A or Hz C or both

bigherb:

FFFFFiNNN
        amazing soo its true your stock did come from SAMS,but it was stock of seeds not his other verisons of events
        Last edited by RoyalFlush; 02-21-2020, 05:39.
        "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

Logic dictates wherever Nevil got his seeds was not from the same batch as Sacred seeds were selling as O.Haze at the time (mid 80's).

Nevil regretted losing the Haze female that never finished flowering. Couldn't he just buy another pack (anonymously if required) and look for a nice female if they were all the same?

Nevil got 2 out of 2 keeper males in a batch of 7 plants so it's not like a big pheno hunt would be needed.

In any case we are at the stage where only DNA testing can conclusively prove what is what and who got what from where but neither MNS or Sam are willing to go that route.

I wonder why?

Peace,

N7

Comment

An thers that quote about the a5(2a) being nevils clone an not a seed found later

Comment

Originally posted by Nexus7 View Post
              Logic dictates wherever Nevil got his seeds was not from the same batch as Sacred seeds were selling as O.Haze at the time (mid 80's).

Nevil regretted losing the Haze female that never finished flowering. Couldn't he just buy another pack (anonymously if required) and look for a nice female if they were all the same?

Nevil got 2 out of 2 keeper males in a batch of 7 plants so it's not like a big pheno hunt would be needed.

In any case we are at the stage where only DNA testing can conclusively prove what is what and who got what from where but neither MNS or Sam are willing to go that route.

I wonder why?

Peace,

N7

Nevil already confirmed in his own words all his haze came in seed from sam.

Comment

I found some good info on here about the A5

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breede...go-haze-2.html
                Last edited by RoyalFlush; 02-21-2020, 06:32.
                "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

I dont know much about the cuts floating around right now...only that karma had the last surving cutting in his crew so put it out there again amongst friends..i think karma said its one of the production phenos used for bud/smoke...also I think nevil confirmed the a5 on the cover of the catalogue was the a5(2a)
                  Last edited by TheDarkStorm; 02-21-2020, 06:42. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
                    Some of the pics of the more NLD Ohaze plants Todd has posted on IG piqued my interest. I have never smoked a decent "pure" Ohaze yet that I liked...maybe you have? Don't know. Not saying it doesn't exist...and not saying Todd has it...I'm just saying that I haven't gotten to grow it or smoke it yet myself.

I've grown TFD's version of Ohaze...and it was in the "hay" category. I grew Tom's haze and found a few that I would call decent...could have maybe found a great plant if I'd had more than a couple packs to go through.

Sorry to say this, but it is not because you haven't been able to find, grow or smoke a good Original Haze, that Original Haze is hay.

And please don't think others do not know what a good Haze hybrid is.

I think A5, C5, HPH, Mex Haze and all the others are all not bad.
                    Even the pure Original Haze that was sold in Coffeeshops was not bad at all ...

Comment

In late 90,first years o 2000,also nirvana had a good "pure" original haze....
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135579

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlush View Post
                        Didn't Nevil himself set you straight at Mrnice forums?

Nevil:

[B]Still a lot of questions about haze and apparently a lot of conflicting stories.
                        I haven't been paying attention to what Sam the Skunkman has been saying. He lost me years ago and if he wants to come out from behind his alias and go toe to toe with me, well that will be just fine with me (hey David).
                        If he is saying that he gave me Purple Haze and it was crap, Well that's true. If he is saying that his lime green Haze was crap , well that's true too. If he is saying that he gave me a Haze cutting, well to be honest, I can't remember, but if he did it was crap. I seem to recall that he entered his lime Haze in a Cup, if he did he got his arse kicked.
                        The Haze seeds I got from Sam were grown in America in 69/70. I got them in the mid 80's. All of my Haze came from these seeds of which I was saying I got 7 plants. I was hoping that Sam would come out with something good from his remaining seeds, he never did and to my knowledge, nor did anyone else. The only good haze that hit the market was from two males

FFFFFiNNN
                        amazing soo its true your stock did come from SAMS,but it was stock of seeds not his other verisons of events
                        First off he set the record straight not me , that conversation was in great spirits

Secondly your welcome because a big majority of that Haze info from
                        Nevil was because questions I asked

Third if you believe everything you read I’ll sell
                        You a London brick

Below is a Nl5HzC description from
                        The seed bank catalog , Soo was it 69 seed or seed from the last crop grown in America ??? Even the pope has told a white lie . That is contradicting info below and above used for sales .

Northern Lights #5 x Haze F-1 Hybrid

Due to tremendous customer demand, we have spent years searching for a superb Sativa/Indica hybrid that is suited for indoor growing, but still retains the unique Saliva qualities in the high. The Haze x NL#5 hybrid is the result of this search.

Haze is a late Sativa from America, widely agreed by experts to be the best pot in the world. Very popular in the 70's, it nearly became extinct in recent years as as growers switched to easier varieties. We managed to salvage a few viable seeds from the last crop grown in the US, and we have used them to prooduce this remarkable hybrid.
                        Clearly Nevil admits he was given seed and clones . Which stock was used only Nevil Knows or maybe his best friend will tell more we have to wait for hempy to pull his strings

Also for your head , how likely is it that Nevil was given 69 seed from Sams if Sams didn’t smoke Haze until 71

I think my time is this thread is done , I’ll leave the amazing comments and questions for the Haze geniuses and hempy fan boys. Ask hempy he spoke directly with Nevil , he surely has all the answers
                        in NYC around my way we say if it anint church it anint fire
                        more incense and less nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyChicago View Post
                          Sorry to say this, but it is not because you haven't been able to find, grow or smoke a good Original Haze, that Original Haze is hay.
                          Mad Mac’s THH is not hay by the looks and description...and it’s an Ohaze. If you think Mac’s haze is hay, you just might be wrong there. Something must be getting lost in translation here. By the way, I never said all Ohaze was hay...but I know for damn sure the TFD haze I bought was hay, lol. I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, actually. You’ve got me confused concerning the point you’re trying to make here.

For a strain that was born and bred not far from me, it’s actually really hard to find good sativa here unless you grow it yourself. Cali doesn’t have coffee shops yet and most people here like cookies and wedding cake and sherbet and all the dessert weed anyway.

And please don't think others do not know what a good Haze hybrid is.
                          Sorry, but what the hell are you even talking about? Lol. I never said “others” don’t know anything about haze hybrids...I’m shaking my head over here...trying to figure out what your point actually is. I know there are good haze hybrids since I’ve smoked most of them already...I don’t need “others” to tell me what is good or not. Just pass me the joint and I’ll tell you if I like it or not, lol

I think A5, C5, HPH, Mex Haze and all the others are all not bad.
                          Good for you...I agree that there are great hybrids available...I’ve never said different, actually...so I’m not sure why you’d tell me this. I mean...I’m glad you feel that way and all, but it’s immaterial to what I’m doing.

HB.

Comment

Originally posted by bigherb View Post
                            First off he set the record straight not me , that conversation was in great spirits

Secondly your welcome because a big majority of that Haze info from
                            Nevil was because questions I asked

Third if you believe everything you read I’ll sell
                            You a London brick

Below is a Nl5HzC description from
                            The seed bank catalog , Soo was it 69 seed or seed from the last crop grown in America ??? Even the pope has told a white lie . That is contradicting info below and above used for sales .

Clearly Nevil admits he was given seed and clones . Which stock was used only Nevil Knows or maybe his best friend will tell more we have to wait for hempy to pull his strings

Also for your head , how likely is it that Nevil was given 69 seed from Sams if Sams didn’t smoke Haze until 71

I think my time is this thread is done , I’ll leave the amazing comments and questions for the Haze geniuses and hempy fan boys. Ask hempy he spoke directly with Nevil , he surely has all the answers

Bigherb you continue to insult me even when i ignore you and you act like you were there watching the haze exchange between Nev and Sam and regardless of what Nev has posted you continue to ignore all of what both Nev and Sam has said if you find the information unpalatable.Well that is not how it works Bigherb .
                            Team-Haze

Comment

Mad Mac’s THH is not hay by the looks and description...and it’s an Ohaze. If you think Mac’s haze is hay, you just might be wrong there. Something must be getting lost in translation here. By the way, I never said all Ohaze was hay...but I know for damn sure the TFD haze I bought was hay, lol. I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, actually. You’ve got me confused concerning the point you’re trying to make here.
                              Now this is an international cannabis forum and as far as I know, it is not reserved only to native UK/US/AUS citizens. So please make some effort to understand what people are writing.

But I guess I did understand very well what you wrote:

TFD Original Haze was hay for you.
                              Basically the same thing people have been saying of Seedsman Haze (that is the same as the old TFD) for 2 decades until some guys decided to really grow and explore it lately and now suddenly it is no hay anymore.

You also say that you never have smoked a decent pure haze.
                              And that's basically only your problem, not our

But hey man peace I want only say that pure Original haze is a great smoke that every Haze head should have smoked a good one at least one in his life.
                              And if Todd will be offering a good one, that's good, but to be honest I don't think it will be much diffrent from what TFD did get from Sam.

Some of the pics of the more NLD Ohaze plants Todd has posted on IG piqued my interest. I have never smoked a decent "pure" Ohaze yet that I liked...maybe you have? Don't know. Not saying it doesn't exist...and not saying Todd has it...I'm just saying that I haven't gotten to grow it or smoke it yet myself.

I've grown TFD's version of Ohaze...and it was in the "hay" category. I grew Tom's haze and found a few that I would call decent...could have maybe found a great plant if I'd had more than a couple packs to go through.
                              Last edited by JohnnyChicago; 02-21-2020, 12:44.

Comment

I can see it now, the amount of energy spent on this topic and discussion is a lot. Debating over history and who got what and called what what. The amount of effort chasing specific haze cuts or lines looking for those killer phenos and amazing smoke....

All that energy could be spent breeding something that puts haze to shame. I personally don't believe its a 1 in a billion dart shot miracle plant. It is great when you find those killer phenos and haze is quite the plant genetically but definitely not the end all be all nor the maximum benchmark for high. Progeny testing is important when chasing psychoactivity and how many people actually do that these days...

Comment

Working...
                                X