What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Piff_cat

Dasiphora fruticosa comprises male, female and hermaphrodite plants, which are distributed sympatrically in some populations on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. To explore what governs the coexistence of these three sexual phenotypes, we investigated the DNA contents, pollen and ovule production, pollen deposition, and performed hand-pollination in both hermaphroditic and dioecious individuals of D. fruticosa. Flow cytometry confirmed that the DNA content of males and females were almost twice as much as that of the hermaphrodites. Male and female flowers produced more pollen grains and ovules than hermaphroditic flowers. Hand-pollinated treatments showed that unisexual flowers were sterile in one sexual function and bisexual flowers were fertile for both functions, but no sterile seeds were produced between unisexual and bisexual flowers. Our findings imply that polyploidy is related to gender dimorphism, and both are likely to play a strong role in the coexistence of two cryptic biological species of D. fruticosa (low ploidy hermaphroditic species and high ploidy dioecious species) in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau.

1. Introduction​

Most flowering plants are hermaphroditic, and unisexual individuals (dioecious) have evolved from hermaphroditic ancestors many times (Renner, 2014). Trioecy is an uncommon sexual system in which hermaphrodites, females, and males coexist in some species. Trioecy occurs during the evolutionary transition from hermaphroditism to dioecy (Charlesworth and Charlesworth, 1978, Ross, 1982, Spigler and Ashman, 2012). Trioecy is a stable evolutionary stage under pollen limitation of female seed production because pollen limitation reduces the fitness of females but not self-fertile hermaphrodites, counteracting the seed fertility advantage of females (Maurice and Fleming, 1995). However, previous research has shown that this sexual system is not stable because when the conditions that enable invasion by females into androdioecious populations are the same as those that result in the displacement of hermaphrodites by females, the sexual system will become dioecy (Perry et al., 2012, Wolf and Takebayashi, 2004). Thus, the stable coexistence of hermaphroditic and dioecious plants remains poorly understood.

Ploidy level (diploid and polyploid) and gender polymorphism (dioecy, gynodioecy, subdioecy, and trioecy) are associated in several flowering plant genera (Miller et al., 2016, Miller and Venable, 2000, Pannell et al., 2004, Ramsey and Ramsey, 2014, Spigler and Ashman, 2012). For example, in Lycium, polyploidy is a trigger for the evolution of gender dimorphism in self-incompatible groups (Miller and Venable, 2000, Miller and Venable, 2002). In Leptinella, gender dimorphism has evolved from monoecy; and, dioecy has been found in two tetraploid species (Himmelreich et al., 2012)……

CONTD
Wow thanks man this is very interesting. I've been reading alot about rhododendrons in this area all very interrelated

Dentex

@Dentex what a lineup! is the ghs nevil from clone or a recent seed pop? looks much better then mr nice watered down version how she smellin>
It's from a new pack.it was a mutant with abnormal and slow growth,variegations,deformities,the whole pack.I really liked their Hawaiian Snow (which I find hard to believe hasn't any haze A) so I pulled the trigger.Not much smell yet.
Looking good; I’m curious on how the SMC/SMG x 90 Ohaze turns out; I either made them beans you’re growing or at minimum the mom…. Everything is looking good, great lineup :tiphat:
Hey Ledo,thanks!I think it s from Mac cause it is fem.But yeh mom obviously yours.

Piff_cat

It's from a new pack.it was a mutant with abnormal and slow growth,variegations,deformities,the whole pack.I really liked their Hawaiian Snow (which I find hard to believe hasn't any haze A) so I pulled the trigger.Not much smell yet.

Hey Ledo,thanks!I think it s from Mac cause it is fem.But yeh mom obviously yours.
oh man that is awesome. keep all of those!! definitite aneuploids. marcus just found one in an a/c male outcross that had 21 chromosomes. you probly have a couple different karyotypes. thats very cool

numide

Veteran
(Seedsman Ohaze x Golli Ohaze) x Afghan @Dentex

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Piff_cat

Has anyone tried to cross Ag13 hz with Cg13 hz?
unfortunatly not that i know of although nevil suggested it on mns. id like to know if the soma cg13 male is still alive somewhere or pollen saved even. from what ive seen that male was nearly equal to haze C and there are so many lines out there which have him but dont list it. but there are some good pairings if you dig thru old seedbank hybrids. for example brainstorm haze x g13 soma male from delta 9 uses a brainstorm haze female outlier(which is mekong haze x starkiller). tiny leaves cool petioles lotsa resin. this female was put to the soma male.

1668227027248.png

heres a good pic of soma male from ojd page
1668227152191.png

and this is the f1 result brainstorm haze x g13 haze

1668227075668.png

also from ojd youve got the haze freak ag13 male, probly the closest thing to haze A in a male line anyways. ojd outcrossed the sammy ag13 clone to reverse gsc to make fem seeds. but a true male showed up in the fems. then the freak male was put back to the ag13 female for haze freak line. a pic from ojd of the freak male
1668227346225.png

Piff_cat

check out these lists of 69 haze f1 from after nev sold seedbank im sure some have seen before but it blows my mind just how much was lost mostly due to operation greenthumb or whatever in 1990. the few of these cuts still in circulation still stand alone when it comes to diversity unique morphology and excellent effect.
1668228107238.png

and of course biggest mystery of all.... haze bc line. cant understand why theres no trace of these plants. full 100 percent 69 haze would have males and females too. did a B x haze A exist as well?? even just the selected female clone of BC wheres that?? it sounds here like nev is bring specific like he knows who might have still had this...
1668228409141.png

Piff_cat

Some interesting mango haze seedlings thanks to hawaiian breeze think there were 4 mango haze females and male is ibl mango haze line. Got extreme mutant seed germinated with thick tap root bright red curved radicle . I think I stunted it by letting huge endosperm disconnect too early. Now it's slower but with dark purple stem and white at bottom
20221102_131905.jpg

20221111_134333.jpg
20221111_134553.jpg

Also some crinkled cotyledons thick leaf high vigor but needed a hand removing shell at first
20221111_134224.jpg
20221111_134059.jpg

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
check out these lists of 69 haze f1 from after nev sold seedbank im sure some have seen before but it blows my mind just how much was lost mostly due to operation greenthumb or whatever in 1990. the few of these cuts still in circulation still stand alone when it comes to diversity unique morphology and excellent effect.
View attachment 18780440

and of course biggest mystery of all.... haze bc line. cant understand why theres no trace of these plants. full 100 percent 69 haze would have males and females too. did a B x haze A exist as well?? even just the selected female clone of BC wheres that?? it sounds here like nev is bring specific like he knows who might have still had this...
View attachment 18780441
How can you be so shure that this list is real ?

Piff_cat

How can you be so shure that this list is real ?
the list is from a convo leet and yo sammy were having with nevil on mns forum. leet found the list posted from an old thread had ? for nev on some of listings. lines liked what haze c2 meant(haze c male reversed aka squared) heres the link of whole nevil convo if u wanna check out the thread
1668406270446.png

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NL1 is the only good pure Afghan male line Nevile said he had. Since we don't know what was used to make NL other than the Afghan side.

The Maple Leaf line is what provided him with a plant that he labeled Afghan T female he used with SK#1 to make superskunk.. Mapleleaf(Ortega) is listed as a pure AFGH line. No other info

Purest indica was the backbone of the NL 1-11 seeds.. PI is an old school Afgh line acquired by Seattle Gregg. Nevile used (ML)Afghan T x SK#1 to make super skunk. NL1 is the closes pheno to the original Purest indica seeds that were found.

If I understand it correctly NL#1 is a close phenotype to PI so PI x SK#1 could be a close representation of Superskunk?..

These are ALL old school AFGH and 2 are related.

NL#1=AFGH..Strongest Indica Nevile had.
PI=AFGH X sk#1= Super skunk?.
ML=AFGH x SK#1 is Neviles original SuperSkunk

Last edited:

Piff_cat

Ever since reading more about j ortega/dogless and the southern ohio/Kentucky lines they may bs completely different genetic type. Nld northwest China xinijiang types which founded the best north afghan lines (balk,mazar,kholm)are very different genetically then high cbd afghan/hindu Pakistan types. The central Asian nld hashplant have very little cbd incredible thick structure and powerful aromas.

Think that's what nev tapped into with afghan t and maple leaf. For example afghan haze even inbred or crossed seems to retain those desirable low leaf high resin spongy bud unlike 5haze which gets invaded by indica like swami line.

Now learning about source of Chinese genetics which founded cornbread mafia these were grown for  seed primarily.
The initial contract purpose in kentucky was seed/oil tgey came from these nw china areas. Of course it was triple crop and fibre was possible but many sources stress even while grown for seed farmers noticed could get ya feeling good and saved seeds . Shoreline skunk displays tge spiked upturned edges on fan leaves seen in wild xinijiang types. Another characteristic is very little pistils large calyx. Waxy or furry leaves with thick xylem very cool looking

. This info was confirmed when tge basal cannabis group found from wild types in xinijiang it also included kentucky/Kansas feral!!
1668443553565.png

tcherno

Ever since reading more about j ortega/dogless and the southern ohio/Kentucky lines they may bs completely different genetic type. Nld northwest China xinijiang types which founded the best north afghan lines (balk,mazar,kholm)are very different genetically then high cbd afghan/hindu Pakistan types. The central Asian nld hashplant have very little cbd incredible thick structure and powerful aromas.

Think that's what nev tapped into with afghan t and maple leaf. For example afghan haze even inbred or crossed seems to retain those desirable low leaf high resin spongy bud unlike 5haze which gets invaded by indica like swami line.

Now learning about source of Chinese genetics which founded cornbread mafia these were grown for  seed primarily.
L'objectif initial du contrat dans le Kentucky était que les semences/huiles provenaient de ces régions de la Chine du nord-ouest. Bien sûr, il s'agissait d'une triple récolte et la fibre était possible, mais de nombreuses sources de stress, même cultivées pour les agriculteurs semenciers, pouvaient vous faire sentir bien et conserver des graines. La mouffette du rivage affiche des bords relevés sur les feuilles en éventail que l'on voit chez les types sauvages du xinijiang. Une autre caractéristique est très peu de pistils grand calice. Feuilles cireuses ou velues avec un xylème épais très cool

. Cette information a été confirmée lorsque le groupe de cannabis basal trouvé à partir de types sauvages dans le xinijiang comprenait également le Kentucky/Kansas sauvage !!
View attachment 18781246
maybe this is what was crossed with a Mexican,DeathMexicanSativa from purple cloud looks like a cross of this type, who knows maybe this happened