What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian (ABC), Duck Web & Reindeer Syrup

G

Done a fair bit more 'sampling' of a nice cured foxtailed long flowering abc from the last small run (non seeded this time). Really enjoyable, borderline trippy. low yields although kinda suits the plant blending in with surrounding weeds

rolandomota

So let's refresh our memories abc was a hemp plant back in the mid 90s it was crossed to dj short Flo male and given out for free with ordering from Marc Emery in the cannabis culture magazine
Am I right ?

I'm not sure about how it has come to be again but I definitely messed it up bad RIP hopefully I get another chance at them

My reproduction of Freakshow is definitely taking a lot longer than I thought but at least I have that going for me I'm hoping may will be the finish line

I had high hopes for these but at least I made some wood gates
:gday::thank you:

Miasa Mura

So let's refresh our memories abc was a hemp plant back in the mid 90s it was crossed to dj short Flo male and given out for free with ordering from Marc Emery in the cannabis culture magazine
Am I right ?

I'm not sure about how it has come to be again but I definitely messed it up bad RIP hopefully I get another chance at them

My reproduction of Freakshow is definitely taking a lot longer than I thought but at least I have that going for me I'm hoping may will be the finish line

I had high hopes for these but at least I made some wood gates
:gday::thank you:

A few corrections to the tale my friend. ABC is a landrace, not necessarily hemp as the pure ABC I grew and had tested came in at 9% THC and I wasn’t even pushing her. Yes Cannabis Culture Magazine crossed it with the Flo and handed them out in the 90’s. The pure line was made available through Painted Forest Farms who went to Australia in search of Heath Robinson’s Black Rose, and ended up bringing back the pure ABC.He met an old timer at a bar and got hooked up with the pure ABC line, brought the seeds back and did an open pollination of the line which was then distributed by Humboldt CSI.

Sorry to hear that they didn’t make it through for you! I hope you get a chance to grow them again as there is nothing like them :tiphat:

Best of luck with your Freakshow bx! I am thinking about grabbing the improved Freakshow line this year named Supafreak that has a 45 day flower time and lacier serrations.

Best of luck!!:thank you:

Miasa Mura

Woodland Digital

Woodland Digital

Beautiful plants with variegation. I got a plant sex test done and will be transplanting the female into a five gallon pot tomorrow and leave the male in a one gallon. :peacock:

Attachments

• D269BCC8-0058-435B-86D9-8A3827B5F703.jpg
    D269BCC8-0058-435B-86D9-8A3827B5F703.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 42
  • A83BD5CF-76A7-41D2-A12F-E8C5527AEB1A.jpg
    A83BD5CF-76A7-41D2-A12F-E8C5527AEB1A.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 85A2D25C-707F-45B7-9196-0B13DFA33EB7.jpg
    85A2D25C-707F-45B7-9196-0B13DFA33EB7.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 53
  • EA4036DC-990B-4B09-A8D1-081C60A9C287.jpg
    EA4036DC-990B-4B09-A8D1-081C60A9C287.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 43
posted this in the other ABC thread under aus international section .. thought it might belong in here.

here is a post from Mongy Madness about his Mongy strain ...
Quote:
Hi all, I thought I would write this post to explain what Mongy Weed is and to hopfully clear up the confusion created by Bindi, Dizzy, ABC and Duckfoot etc.
Best to mention Wally Ducks "Duckfoot" strain first. It is not Mongy Weed. But it is a very interesting plant, another strange mutant marijuana. ABC, Dizzy, Bindi etc. on the other hand are all Mongy Weed.
The original genetics for Mongy Weed were from a mutated stand of wild hemp ( what I'd call hemp anyway ) found not far from Sydney, Australia. I would like to claim fame for this find, but although I did get to see the plants, It wasn't me that found them. The now elderly couple that did find them I would like to thank for teaching me the basics that got me started growing all plants and especially for recognizing and passing on this strange leaf mutation.
In its native state Mongy Weed is not very good for hemp or THC. It is a weed. The couple who found it began to cross these original Mongy Weed seeds with their own plants and were having some success until they were beaten by age, and new living circumstances saw an end to their love of growing cannabis. And as I had shown so much interest, this is when I was given their seeds and began to grow Mongy Weed for myself.
Most of their early crosses were with pure sativa and sativa dominant plants of unknown origin. As were mine. the first known strain I crossed with was Durban Poison. Mongy Weed was totally unknown as cannabis at this stage and i was able to grow it just about anywhere undetected which meant that I was able to introduce many different cannabis strains into the gene pool with relative ease. This mixed seed stock I called Mongy Madness.
Many of these seeds I started to give to friends ( which I thought was just about everyone back then ) so they could grow their own Mongy Madness and it wasn't that many years after this ( stupid me, it was obvious in hind sight ) I had people trying to sell me Mongy Madness as Bindi weed, and I am reading reports in the paper about new "mutant super weed" busts. I stopped giving away ANY seed after this and continued to grow my own strains in private.
Mongy Madness faded into past knowledge for most people as far as I knew and I had heard little more until recently when I got a computer and learned of the Mongy Madness seed that Marc Emery had taken back to Canada and named australian bastard cannabis or ABC.
Since then I know of a couple of people who have continued to grow Emery's Mongy seed. Another grower I have found who is also working with Mongy Madness seed, calls his strain Dizzy.
I have been growing Mongy Weed for well over 20yrs and don't intend to stop now. It is way too interesting a plant. I have friends who still grow Mongy Madness, and have met a few more people both in Australia and overseas since getting a computer who also do. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more people who have continued to grow Mongy Madness in private over the years as I literaly gave away buckets of seed to alot of different people.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Anyway I hope this has helped clear up a few of the mis-conceptions that surround this plant that I have always refered to as Mongy Weed and the couple that found it always called Cannabis Australis.

:gday::gday::gday:
[/FONT]​

Miasa Mura- I’ll be happily following your projects.

I believe that nearly all can be overcome with large population size, careful selection and time.

There is so much that can be learned about inheritance from these kind of projects.

I know that hyb crossed ducksfoot to ABC. I believe he found no intermediates. The plants segregated normally and either looked like one or the other. What that shows, I’m not exactly sure.
For some reason I was unable to reset my password after multiple try’s so I just decided to make a new account 🙏 You can check out my latest updates on this thread here:

Any updates on your ABC adventures?!