What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade CANNABIS BIBLIOGRAPHY SORTED AND ALPHABETIZED BY SUBJECT

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello Sam,
well first a big big thank you :flowers2:
for all those informativ papers!
really appreciated ...
and i'm sure in da future many more will read them and think the same...

for your and our viewing pleasure....
OHz S1 ... i'll used 4 best OHz girls from 29 and reversed the same best 4 to make S1 ... like you told me...
here is one result outdoors in UK with light dep. carry in/out every day...
IMAGE 2021-09-02 19:26:09.jpg

IMAGE 2021-09-04 15:23:47.jpg

and a Tangie x OHz (4 reversed) ... was impressive when i'll smoked it @ your home... so you mention that it would be a good pair... damn yes it is :)
_9012062.jpeg

so many thx for everything... seeds included...
will do my best to keep the haze vibe up :)
M.:smoker:

goingrey

Two papers I found quite interesting but did not see posted here. Sorry if they already are and I just missed them.

Cannabis Yield, Potency, and Leaf Photosynthesis Respond Differently to Increasing Light Levels in an Indoor Environment
Victoria Rodriguez-Morrison, David Llewellyn and Youbin Zheng
Front. Plant Sci., 11 May 2021 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2021.646020
Full text: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2021.646020/full
Abstract:
Since the recent legalization of medical and recreational use of cannabis (Cannabis sativa) in many regions worldwide, there has been high demand for research to improve yield and quality. With the paucity of scientific literature on the topic, this study investigated the relationships between light intensity (LI) and photosynthesis, inflorescence yield, and inflorescence quality of cannabis grown in an indoor environment. After growing vegetatively for 2 weeks under a canopy-level photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD) of ≈425 μmol·m−2·s−1 and an 18-h light/6-h dark photoperiod, plants were grown for 12 weeks in a 12-h light/12-h dark “flowering” photoperiod under canopy-level PPFDs ranging from 120 to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1 provided by light emitting diodes. Leaf light response curves varied both with localized (i.e., leaf-level) PPFD and temporally, throughout the flowering cycle. Therefore, it was concluded that the leaf light response is not a reliable predictor of whole-plant responses to LI, particularly crop yield. This may be especially evident given that dry inflorescence yield increased linearly with increasing canopy-level PPFD up to 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1, while leaf-level photosynthesis saturated well-below 1,800 μmol·m−2·s−1. The density of the apical inflorescence and harvest index also increased linearly with increasing LI, resulting in higher-quality marketable tissues and less superfluous tissue to dispose of. There were no LI treatment effects on cannabinoid potency, while there were minor LI treatment effects on terpene potency. Commercial cannabis growers can use these light response models to determine the optimum LI for their production environment to achieve the best economic return; balancing input costs with the commercial value of their cannabis products.

Photoperiodic Response of in vitro Cannabis sativa Plants
Melissa Moher, A. Maxwell P. Jones, Youbin Zheng
September 2020 | DOI:10.20944/preprints202009.0124.v1
Full text: https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._sativa_Plants
Abstract:
Most commercial Cannabis sativa L. (cannabis) genotypes are short-day plants and cultivators typically use a 12.0 h uninterrupted dark period to induce flowering; however, scientific information is lacking to prove this is the optimal dark period for all genotypes, and cultivar specific photoperiods may increase productivity. Tissue culture can be used for research requiring multiple treatments, proper replication, and in a controlled environment on a smaller scale compared to greenhouse and indoor facilities. To determine whether cannabis explants can flower under varied photoperiods in vitro, explants were grown under one of six photoperiod treatments: 12.0, 13.2, 13.8, 14.4, 15.0, and 16.0 h for four weeks. The percentage of flowering explants was highest under 12.0 and 13.2 h treatments. There were no treatment effects on the fresh weight, final height, or growth index of the explants. The results suggest an uninterrupted dark period of at least 10.8 h (i.e. 13.2 h photoperiod) is needed to induce the flowering of this genotype. In vitro flowering could provide a unique and high throughput approach to study floral/seed development and secondary metabolism in cannabis under highly controlled conditions. Further research should determine if this response is the same on a whole plant level.

ADDED to BIB-SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
14 New Papers added to IC BIB

2 in IC Cannabinoids
3 in IC Cannabis Botany
3 in IC DNA
2 in IC In Vitro
2 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
2 in IC Pest and Diaease

Look at the 2 papers on Powdery Mildew, one resistance gene + susceptibility genes.
I put them in IC Pest and Disease and marked them with a *

*Discovery and Genetic Mapping of PM1, a Powdery Mildew Resistance Gene in Cannabis sativa L.

*Genome-wide characterization of the MLO gene family in Cannabis sativa reveals two genes as strong candidates for powdery mildew susceptibility

-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
31 New Papers added to IC BIB

2 in IC Cannabis Analysis
6 in IC Cannabinoids
2 in IC Cannabis Botany
2 in IC Legal
3 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
9 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
2 in IC Pest and Diaease
4 in IC Terpenes
1 in IC Trichomes

Some good ones I hope they are helpful,
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I had read Genome-Wide Characterization previously but I hadn't seen Genetic Mapping of PM1. That's a great read. I regarded it lightly at the beginning because I don't ordinarily think on PM too much but the breeding undertaken to demonstrate the resistance was wonderful. If nothing else, read it for the genetic dissection and breeding approach which quickly and succinctly proves the qualitative nature of the gene. Which, by the way, thank god- if that had turned out quantitative results, I would be pissed. Quantitative genetics are tough on the old noggin' for me. :petting:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
43 New Papers added to IC BIB

1 in IC Archaeology/History
4 in IC Cannabinoids
1 in IC Cannabinoid Receptors
2 in IC Cannabis Botany
2 in IC Cannabis Seeds
4 in IC Legal
14 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
13 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
1 in IC Pest and Diaease
1 in IC Terpenes

Enjoy,

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
30 New Papers + one event added to IC BIB

3 in IC Cannabinoids
1 in IC Cannabis Botany
13 in IC DNA (has event, Cannabis Genomics class in Amsterdam Jan 2022)
2 in IC Hemp/Cannabis Cultivation
2 in IC Hemp Processing
3 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
1 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
6 in IC Terpenes

-SamS

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
13 in IC DNA (has event, Cannabis Genomics class)

Looking forward to that one. I'll check it tonight.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
13 in IC DNA (has event, Cannabis Genomics class)

Looking forward to that one. I'll check it tonight.

I will have lunch with Francesco, tomorrow, I hope he has an interesting class in January, maybe I can lean something new?
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I had misunderstood, I thought that was the actual lecture/video. I see that it is yet to come.
Let's check back in when the classes in Jan. are complete. Days three and four look like the real 'gets' of the whole shebang.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I had misunderstood, I thought that was the actual lecture/video. I see that it is yet to come.
Let's check back in when the classes in Jan. are complete. Days three and four look like the real 'gets' of the whole shebang.

NOTE: the class has been delayed for 6 months, I will post the new dates when I have them.
As far as I know the class is only in person, I will attend as a guest, I am curious if I will hear any new methods or ideas to help with breeding. One thing is for sure Francesco loves Cannabis in his heart, and that is a good start. He also has the back round to enable him to do great Cannabis breeding. We are exchanging Cannabis bibliographies we have, then it is easy to see any science papers he may have that I do not already have, I will add them to the IC BIB

-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
13 New Papers added to IC BIB

1 in IC Archaeology/History
3 in IC Cannabinoids
1 in IC Cannabinoid Receptors
1 in IC Cannabis Botany
2 in IC DNA
4 in IC Pest and Disease

Enjoy, I hope they help.

-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
As far as I know the class is only in person, I will attend as a guest, I am curious if I will hear any new methods or ideas to help with breeding. One thing is for sure Francesco loves Cannabis in his heart, and that is a good start. He also has the back round to enable him to do great Cannabis breeding. We are exchanging Cannabis bibliographies we have, then it is easy to see any science papers he may have that I do not already have, I will add them to the IC BIB

-SamS

Fantastic. Look forward to seeing that.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
12 New Papers added to IC BIB

4 in IC Cannabinoids
4 in IC Cannabinoid Receptors
1 in IC Cannabis Botany
2 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D

Enjoy and learn,
-SamS

DurbanPoise

Hey Sam the Skunkman! Do you remember what skunks you bred with the hermie Durban Poison original to clean up its genetics? In the USA market today, what would you say it’s parents would be?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hey Sam the Skunkman! Do you remember what skunks you bred with the hermie Durban Poison original to clean up its genetics? In the USA market today, what would you say it’s parents would be?

I did not use a Skunk #1 to clean up Durban Poison I just used the least intersexed Durbans from a large imported seed population, it took 4-5 years, less intersex each year with careful selection to eliminate intersex.
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
13 New Papers added to IC BIB

3 in IC Cannabinoids
2 in IC Cannabinoid Receptors
1 in IC Cannabis Analysis
1 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
3 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
2 in IC Pest and Disease
1 in IC Terpenes. check out "Identification of a New Family of Prenylated Volatile Sulfur Compounds in Cannabis Revealed by Comprehensive TwoDimensional Gas Chromatography"

-SamS