X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amynamous
    replied
    Originally posted by weedeasy View Post
    Hey guys it has been a long time. I started spraying a female with STS 21 days ago and pollen sacks began forming around 10 days after the 3rd and final spraying.
    I use the method of 5 days before, spray on the flip and 5 days later. The strange thing is, that pistils have began coming out in between the immature pollen sacs. This plant was supposed to have only pollen sacs to pollinate a female.
    Has anyone ever observed this? Should I spray it again?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210619_144022.jpg Views:	5 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	17882287
    Every plant is different and may require a stronger concentration or a different spray schedule. TonyGreen ran a thread where he experimented with different concentrations and spray schedules. It’s a good read.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...osulfate-notes

That being said, i believe it’s not uncommon for some strains to continue producing pistils even though it is also producing pollen due to STS.
    I also believe that too much STS can render pollen as sterile. I have had that happen to me. Many recommend that one stop spraying after seeing the first pollen sac.

Leave a comment:

• weedeasy
    replied
    Hey guys it has been a long time. I started spraying a female with STS 21 days ago and pollen sacks began forming around 10 days after the 3rd and final spraying.
    I use the method of 5 days before, spray on the flip and 5 days later. The strange thing is, that pistils have began coming out in between the immature pollen sacs. This plant was supposed to have only pollen sacs to pollinate a female.
    Has anyone ever observed this? Should I spray it again?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210619_144022.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	17882287

Leave a comment:

• Liltree
    replied
    Anyone have good results from a single spray application. I've been tweaking it and that's my next goal.

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied
    Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
    Finally got a chance to make my stock solutions! Gonna reverse the PurpAl. Got a few of her in the 2x2. I'm gonna grab an air filter to put on the exhaust so the pollen doesn't escape Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210509_115829800.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	17853240
    Best of luck, go for it!

Leave a comment:

• CannaRed
    replied
    Finally got a chance to make my stock solutions! Gonna reverse the PurpAl. Got a few of her in the 2x2. I'm gonna grab an air filter to put on the exhaust so the pollen doesn't escape Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210509_115829800.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	17853240

Leave a comment:

• Cloneman
    replied
    I'm just over 3 weeks, 2 weeks in the main tent and now under a T5, hopefully will finish.
    A Sowahh male in front nearly ready

These are Jaffa Delight (suffered from mites). the others Sowahh, Headbanger and Guerrilla Fume not in pics are taking longer.

Wish me luck on pollen.....

Leave a comment:

• CannaRed
    replied
    Has anyone used Optic Foliar Transport as an adjuvant?
    I really like the product for other foliar sprays.
    I emailed the company and they said to only use quarter strength STS when using Transport.
    I have yucca I could use instead, but OF said never to use transport and yucca in same Solution.
    what's your thoughts?
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid44
    replied
    Originally posted by John LOQUE View Post
    Does a partially "sprayed" female give less trichomes on the non sprayed buds than if it was not sprayed ? (i hope it's still english)
    Thanks
    I did not notice the non-sprayed areas being "less female" in any way.

Leave a comment:

• John LOQUE
    replied
    Does a partially "sprayed" female give less trichomes on the non sprayed buds than if it was not sprayed ? (i hope it's still english)
    Thanks
    Last edited by John LOQUE; 04-07-2021, 21:46.

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid44
    replied
    Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
    I let seeds ripen a minimum of 5 weeks, and I prefer to let them go 6. At 6 weeks, some of the seeds should be splitting out of their husks and falling off the plant.

I am unable to stress how much less stress there is when pollen is saved and preserved. You can confidently pull out a bit of pollen when you need it, right when the plant is full of pistils and ready for it.
    I'm probably a good ten weeks after pollination now. Pulled one "seed" off - it was very dense inside the pod, and I had hopes it would be a seed, but no hard shell covering, at all.

I'm thinking this isn't going to happen this time around. We'll have to see how the next one goes with saved pollen in hand, waiting, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid44
    replied
    Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
    I let seeds ripen a minimum of 5 weeks, and I prefer to let them go 6. At 6 weeks, some of the seeds should be splitting out of their husks and falling off the plant.

I am unable to stress how much less stress there is when pollen is saved and preserved. You can confidently pull out a bit of pollen when you need it, right when the plant is full of pistils and ready for it.
    Definitely. The flowers I harvested after it deemed it "too late" for same-plant pollinating had a higher amount of pollen in them, as well, so I have that dried and in the freezer, waiting until I have the space to pollinate a female whenever I feel like it's ready.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas.Curtis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid44
    replied
    Originally posted by John LOQUE View Post

So it worked for me, the branch i've sprayed is giving male flowers. The other plants are still straight females but they show more trichs than the treated one. 3 weeks of 12/12... To be continued...
    My question is more about whether it have the time to develop fully ripened and viable seeds with hard shells. The first one I tried everything was very late in the cycle, and while there was a rounding/fattening of the female flower pods, everything was mush, as the seeds never fully developed. So THAT's what I'm questioning/hoping/wondering about. Until I produce my first batch of good seeds, I'm going to be anxious that I screwed it up.

If only I had something mild and safe to help me deal with this low-grade anxiety......

Leave a comment:

• Freakazoid44
    replied
    Originally posted by Cvh View Post
    Very great to hearing about all your guys success up until now. Keep up the good work!

And you would be surprised how long a plant can actually go beyond your typical harvest time.
    If you have pollinated a bit late, then just keep on flowering the plant until it can go no more and falls over. It can go for a long time.

Let's us know how your current tests are progressing.

Cheers
    Yeah, we're in the third month after I cut off the non-pollinated flowers. Still going, and will be allowed to keep going as long as it possibly can.

Leave a comment:

• Cvh
    replied
    Very great to hearing about all your guys success up until now. Keep up the good work!

And you would be surprised how long a plant can actually go beyond your typical harvest time.
    If you have pollinated a bit late, then just keep on flowering the plant until it can go no more and falls over. It can go for a long time.

Let's us know how your current tests are progressing.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X