DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John LOQUE View Post

I used dish liquid this time, and my sprayer is quite powerfull, so it drips off a little bit. I sprayed only one branch as i want to self and get buds, and today was the first day of 12/12 and second spray... Hope it works...
    I tried the same thing - pollen on the lower branches, harvested the main cola, and pollinated some of the branches in between. I was a bit skeptical that the timing would work (figured it might be too late in the maturity of the plant to pollinate and get fully developed seeds in time), but since harvesting the rest of the pollen and the smokeable portion it does look like the seeds are coming along.

Maybe, maybe not, I don't have the experience to tell. We'll know for sure in a few more weeks. I'm not messing with anything until that plant has died of old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid44 View Post

I tried the same thing - pollen on the lower branches, harvested the main cola, and pollinated some of the branches in between. I was a bit skeptical that the timing would work (figured it might be too late in the maturity of the plant to pollinate and get fully developed seeds in time), but since harvesting the rest of the pollen and the smokeable portion it does look like the seeds are coming along.

Maybe, maybe not, I don't have the experience to tell. We'll know for sure in a few more weeks. I'm not messing with anything until that plant has died of old age.
      So it worked for me, the branch i've sprayed is giving male flowers. The other plants are still straight females but they show more trichs than the treated one. 3 weeks of 12/12... To be continued...

Comment

Very great to hearing about all your guys success up until now. Keep up the good work!

And you would be surprised how long a plant can actually go beyond your typical harvest time.
        If you have pollinated a bit late, then just keep on flowering the plant until it can go no more and falls over. It can go for a long time.

Let's us know how your current tests are progressing.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Cvh View Post
          Very great to hearing about all your guys success up until now. Keep up the good work!

And you would be surprised how long a plant can actually go beyond your typical harvest time.
          If you have pollinated a bit late, then just keep on flowering the plant until it can go no more and falls over. It can go for a long time.

Let's us know how your current tests are progressing.

Cheers
          Yeah, we're in the third month after I cut off the non-pollinated flowers. Still going, and will be allowed to keep going as long as it possibly can.

Comment

So it worked for me, the branch i've sprayed is giving male flowers. The other plants are still straight females but they show more trichs than the treated one. 3 weeks of 12/12... To be continued...
            My question is more about whether it have the time to develop fully ripened and viable seeds with hard shells. The first one I tried everything was very late in the cycle, and while there was a rounding/fattening of the female flower pods, everything was mush, as the seeds never fully developed. So THAT's what I'm questioning/hoping/wondering about. Until I produce my first batch of good seeds, I'm going to be anxious that I screwed it up.

If only I had something mild and safe to help me deal with this low-grade anxiety......

Comment

I let seeds ripen a minimum of 5 weeks, and I prefer to let them go 6. At 6 weeks, some of the seeds should be splitting out of their husks and falling off the plant.

I am unable to stress how much less stress there is when pollen is saved and preserved. You can confidently pull out a bit of pollen when you need it, right when the plant is full of pistils and ready for it.
              Tending Your Reservoir for a Full pH Swing and Cleaner Cannabis (A Healthier Approach to Hydroponic Cannabis)
              DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds
              DIY Super Inexpensive HEPA Filtration
              6-Second Pain Relief for Arthritic and Joint Pain
              8-Minute CBD Test
              Cool and Dry Flowering Discussion Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
                I let seeds ripen a minimum of 5 weeks, and I prefer to let them go 6. At 6 weeks, some of the seeds should be splitting out of their husks and falling off the plant.

I am unable to stress how much less stress there is when pollen is saved and preserved. You can confidently pull out a bit of pollen when you need it, right when the plant is full of pistils and ready for it.
                Definitely. The flowers I harvested after it deemed it "too late" for same-plant pollinating had a higher amount of pollen in them, as well, so I have that dried and in the freezer, waiting until I have the space to pollinate a female whenever I feel like it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post

I'm probably a good ten weeks after pollination now. Pulled one "seed" off - it was very dense inside the pod, and I had hopes it would be a seed, but no hard shell covering, at all.

I'm thinking this isn't going to happen this time around. We'll have to see how the next one goes with saved pollen in hand, waiting, I think.

Comment

Does a partially "sprayed" female give less trichomes on the non sprayed buds than if it was not sprayed ? (i hope it's still english)
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by John LOQUE; 04-07-2021, 21:46.

Comment

Does a partially "sprayed" female give less trichomes on the non sprayed buds than if it was not sprayed ? (i hope it's still english)
                      Thanks
                      I did not notice the non-sprayed areas being "less female" in any way.

Comment

Has anyone used Optic Foliar Transport as an adjuvant?
                        I really like the product for other foliar sprays.
                        I emailed the company and they said to only use quarter strength STS when using Transport.
                        I have yucca I could use instead, but OF said never to use transport and yucca in same Solution.
                        what's your thoughts?
                        ​​​​​
                        "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
                        --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

I'm just over 3 weeks, 2 weeks in the main tent and now under a T5, hopefully will finish.
                          A Sowahh male in front nearly ready

These are Jaffa Delight (suffered from mites). the others Sowahh, Headbanger and Guerrilla Fume not in pics are taking longer.

Wish me luck on pollen.....

Tales from Cloneman's Potting Shed

Faster than a plane,
                          Faster than a train,
                          Dont let that strain
                          Go down the drain. Cloneman aka Tobold Hornblower

RIP Dr Jay

Comment

Finally got a chance to make my stock solutions! Gonna reverse the PurpAl. Got a few of her in the 2x2. I'm gonna grab an air filter to put on the exhaust so the pollen doesn't escape Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210509_115829800.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	17853240
                            "I have only read fragments of your posts. But I have read enough to know that you can grow some mean herb."
                            --- CVH

My current thread

Comment

Originally posted by CannaRed View Post
                              Finally got a chance to make my stock solutions! Gonna reverse the PurpAl. Got a few of her in the 2x2. I'm gonna grab an air filter to put on the exhaust so the pollen doesn't escape Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210509_115829800.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	17853240
                              Best of luck, go for it!

Comment

Anyone have good results from a single spray application. I've been tweaking it and that's my next goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X