What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wedding Cake x Gelato #33 by Seed Junky Genetics - 5 Pheno Flower Run

overgr0wn.canna

Hey all. Just wanted to share some photos with you guys, and our experience with this strain.

Popped from seed. Culled the males, left with 5 female phenotypes.

In advance, let me apologize for the shit image quality and the instagram overlays. This is coming from our instagram account, as all our media has been moved off site and I don't have easy access to it.

So here we go. Extremely stable in my experience. Out of 5 from seed phenos, zero herms. #2 threw nanners at day 70.

Grown in a high intensity environment. 3 Gal pots of Coco, DTW. Grown in a sealed environment under 1000w DE's, CO2, following the VPD chart as best we can.

No pesticides, no PGR's except what is found in kelp and alfalfa.

#1 pheno was similar to #2, in the weight and growth structure department. Stretch is absolutely massive. More than 2x. But the plant has inherent great branching. If I can pull a photo from our flower rooms I will. The plant looks nuts during the stretch. It naturally has great branching that explodes upwards when you flip it.

No pics from last run's flower. But it's very similar to #2, unfortunately it is lacking significantly in the bag appeal/aesthetics department. Not as much frost as #4, and not as much color as #2. It put down good weight though and still had a good nose, and gets you alien high.

#2 Pheno was the keeper. BIG yield. Stretch was similar to #2, maybe a bit less extreme but still big. Branching less crazy than #1, but with proper training and young topping she gets there no problem. Dark purple hues, super frosty. Just rank nose. Gas + very slight berry and a bit of funky funk stink.

The first time I smoked it it gave me a panic attack. In my experience this usually means it's dank and others will love it lol.

One or two nanners at day 70, though I wouldn't be concerned about this.

k8siG4j.jpg

o9gADVA.jpg

YXPoRLL.jpg

#3 Pheno, funny enough the one I was most excited about. This one was a mutant, similar to what is seen on OGKB. It had zero stretch. Zero. When flipped, it grew about 2 inches. This plant was stupid tiny. That being said, it shocked me when breaking down the coco as it had by far the largest and most extensive root system of them all. Curious about what's going on hormone wise inside of these mutant plants.

Fucking dank. Smelled like straight cookie with a shit ton more gas mixed in. I've never grown OGKB so I can't compare. But this one was incredibly cookies leaning.

This one was the most greasy of them all, and definitely some serious smoke. Very small yield but that being said it was in the shade of the other plants even being propped up on another pot. I feel like it might be a good SOG candidate. Pack 50 under a light with no veg and let em rip.

g1312Lp.jpg

overgr0wn.canna

0MGtaqC.jpg

QdB6c2w.jpg

Pheno #4 definitely had the most of the Wedding Cake characteristics. The biggest thing was that there was basically zero trim. Like, 3 leaves per bud. This one had insane bag appeal. If anyone here follows the Vertical Boyz on instagram, their phrase "looks like suga, smells like gas" is on point with this one. Stupid frost, ridiculously tight and dense structure with super gas nose. Lacking gelato smell but really, really fire. Yield not on par with the other phenos, but the quality and trim definitely kept me from culling the pheno from the library.

rW1MxRZ.jpg

Pheno 5 was solid but didn't really work for me. This one had huge massive colas. They were fire, but not on the same levels as the others. It also had very minimal stretch, which IMO held in back in the yield department. Had it had 2 extra weeks (that's how much more growth it would have needed to catch up with the others in terms of veg growth) it probably would have outyielded them.

IMO this one would be best suited to those with low ceilings, as it grows very similar to my Blueberry Cookies cut. A uniform multi topped bush which doesn't grow tall and doesn't stretch much at all, and produces big thick colas that go all the way as low as you don't lollipop.

Quality on this one was lacking, and I noticed botrytis in several of the big colas from this one, which is unusual for us.

Considering how much more dense the other phenos were, it was surprising. It may be that this plant was in the lower canopy and thus was experiencing a different VPD/RH than the others and thus was attacked by botrytis.

wW029u0.jpg

And that's a wrap of the pheno hunt folks.
#2 is my absolute keeper, #1 and #4 were kept around and we have them both in flower. We have a huge mom of #2 hence why there's nothing in flower of it this round, but I plan on running two full rooms of nothing but #2.

I will continue to update this thread if others are interested. Thanks for reading!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
#3 Pheno, funny enough the one I was most excited about. This one was a mutant, similar to what is seen on OGKB. It had zero stretch. Zero. When flipped, it grew about 2 inches. This plant was stupid tiny. That being said, it shocked me when breaking down the coco as it had by far the largest and most extensive root system of them all. Curious about what's going on hormone wise inside of these mutant plants.

Fucking dank. Smelled like straight cookie with a shit ton more gas mixed in. I've never grown OGKB so I can't compare. But this one was incredibly cookies leaning.

This one was the most greasy of them all, and definitely some serious smoke. Very small yield but that being said it was in the shade of the other plants even being propped up on another pot. I feel like it might be a good SOG candidate. Pack 50 under a light with no veg and let em rip.

View Image

OGKB phenos make crazy roots.
picture.php

AND resin. :biggrin:
picture.php

AndrewNLD

looks awesome....had the wedding cake and gelato now, and as a NLD user...i was pleased to find these to varieties got me very high and aided with my disabilities big time. So I am on the hunt for both...Hope to see some more...and lovely flowers and plants again!!

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i grew out a pack (8 fems) of these recently, got pretty similar looking results. kept a nice big earthy/gassy one that yields, but also had one odd pheno that was different in taste to the rest, like a tropical fruit gum. should of kept that one too. they were pretty much all really potent bar 1. very solid nugs.

Latest posts

Latest posts