What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplants

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And finally, my Hawaiian Hashbud X Balkhi awaits a few more cold nights to crank up the resin before chop. She has moderately thick flowers and has shown moderate susceptibility to rot, similar to her Balkhi mother, so she demands close attention. Hey, you have to fight to earn your crop around here. She looks small compared to the Tirah but still hit 8 feet, double the height of her mother - not sure if that’s the father’s influence, the crazy hot June that saw explosive growth on all the plants, or maybe I’m just getting better at this. Has a creamy lime citrus smell - this one and some of the Tirah that I like best will be jarred and cured, while the rest will be dried and then dry-sifted, because NFW do I have enough jars for all this flower and I love hash anyway, so no problemo for me -

:biggrin::wave:

burningfire

Veteran
I decided to chop it 3 days ago because I had the time then.. It's a little early but I tend to like earlier harvests on this one, I could have waited to do it today. I'll see next year what the ideal harvest is, it's definitely in the window.. and I know that on the 12th it's too late. It started smelling very loud and funky so I figured that it was the right time, my nose was raw for 2 days after trimming it. I've got it in a 2x2 tent with a carbon filter and I can still smell a cat piss smell lingering in the air.

The yellowed branch is the one that ripped off due to wind & rain, partly because it was topped so many times that it created a structure that wasn't optimal.

It's funny how a plant will change morphology based on the growing conditions, It was given a lot more root space this year and the plant stretched a little more than the previous year.. I'll try and find a spot where I can plant it in soil and let it grow "naturally". I don't expect it to get much taller than 2m so I'm not too worried about keeping it hidden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bush.jpg Views:	51 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	17959812

Click image for larger version  Name:	side-branch1ic.jpg Views:	51 Size:	127.3 KB ID:	17959811

I'm really digging these felt pots, they dry out a little faster outside but they do a nice job pruning the roots. This is the root ball in 15 gallon, just a nice fluffy ball of roots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rootball.jpg Views:	55 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	17959810

Last edited:

BC*Dankster*

Burningfire, looking fantastic ! A nice bush for 15 gallons. You'd be surprised of what can happen in unlimited root space . That same plant could maybe double in size if it was in the earth, as opposed to the grow bag. This thread is great, keep it up fellow hash plant growers !!!

...CR500AF...

Time to trot out the strains that people think of as Hashplants. First off is Pot of Gold Hashplant. Not related to the Flying Dutchman strain. Comes from Mendocino most of the seeds were lost in the wildfires last summer. Luckily I had a few. Hopefully I'll be able to resurrect the strain. It may be a tiny bit hybridized from all the pollen whizzing around Mendo every summer but I don't see it.

picture.php

picture.php

I posted quite a few pics of her last summer. Here's a small one. She's less then a foot tall.

picture.php

Notice the close spacing between nodes. It's a way to identify an Afghan as opposed to a hybrid. POGH gets extremely bushy with the close nodes and branches that push up against each other.
Here's probably my favorite Bodhi offering. Lemon Hashplant. Lemon G x 88G13/HP. I lean towards Bodhi's 88G13/HPs because they flower earlier then his other crosses. Which is essential where I live. Lemon Hashplant has size, yield, vigor, a delightful lemon smell and a strong stone.

picture.php

I'll end this for today with a pic of Dank Zappa, another one of Bodhi's. '86 UW Black Hashplant × '88 G13/HP.

picture.php

Once again short node spacing and wide leaves. Impressive for outdoors.

:tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
The Zanjeer Zabol has finished and been harvested, still a few limbs left for seed. As it matured it lost it's resistance to mold, it had held it's own in the weeks before. I ended up harvesting most of it a couple days before it was really ripe, I'll have to see if it makes a difference when I test it out.
IMG_20211002_160045_979.jpg

I guess these pics are a couple weeks before it was ready, it actually turned purplish-red when mature. It's not easy uploading pics these days but I'll try to post some of the fully mature plant when I get some on my drive. Here's a pic from a flower at this stage.

IMG_20211002_160045_921.jpg

You can see the beginning of the color change at the tips of the leaves. Last year I crossed the Azad Kashmir with a male from a strain my friend called the 'p1'. It's a volunteer crossed with a 7-way OG. Much of the OGs are from Karma's gear. The original 7 way OG wasn't much of a plant, very frosty and tasty but runty and scraggy. Somehow crossing it with the volunteer greatly improved it. Gave it size, vigor, and earliness. Crossing it with the Kashmiri was a good idea. One of them turned out to be my best plant this year. Frosty with a fine almost blueberry smell and huge spear colas. It had great mold resistance. But for the purposes of this thread it's little, little sister interests me. She turned out 100% short runty Kashmir dominate. Wonderful smell, beautiful colors. I kept her in a pot and she only got 3 feet high, got infected with mold just like her Kashmiri mother. Didn't finish early either. But she might be my best smoke.

The Maruf Black Kandahars are coming along. One is very late and has a very leafy structure. She's beautiful but not a keeper. The short bushy one might be the best but she has zero mold resistance. Getting attacked more and more every day but smells and looks amazing. She's finishing quickly. The tall huge one I've thought of as the keeper all along is a beast, huge colas turning purple. Here's a look at her.

IMG_20211010_135658_358.jpg

To me she's the holy grail of hashplants. I wish she was quicker, probably needs another two weeks but she's 10 feet tall and smells amazing. Purple terps but with an underlying funk. Very unique and unlike the hashplants we're all used to. She was so late I wasn't able to make as many seeds as I'd like but hopefully the limbs I dusted come through. I'll try to post more pics soon. The Marpan Zabol has shown itself to be special as well. Extreme gasoline terpenes, like you soaked a bud in diesel. Much stronger then sour diesel or any of the other fuely strains.

Has anyone here grown the PNW HP ? OSHP has it as a mother, but its hard to find any info on it. Thanks!

Crickets and Cicadas seeds has done quite a bit of work with her. They have quite a few crosses that look interesting. Crossed it with Black Domina, M-10 Afghan, they do a lot of interesting work that looks amazing. Been watching their posts on instagram. Bob Hemphill is the man apparently. I picked up a pack of their Hindu Kush x M10 Afghan, looking forward to trying it out next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20211007_195902_927.jpg
    IMG_20211007_195902_927.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

BC*Dankster*

First post in over 10 years- The HP#1 was my favorite cut of all time, such unique smell/taste. very sad that I lost her about 5 years ago but I have lots of crosses I made to play with, seeds been in the fridge for over 15 years.

Suckafree, what was the flavor and nose on the HP1 ? There are so many cuts of different hash plants here in BC, that I just don't know which is which lol. Any info is appreciated...also any bud pics of dried flower?

SuckaFree

Suckafree, what was the flavor and nose on the HP1 ? There are so many cuts of different hash plants here in BC, that I just don't know which is which lol. Any info is appreciated...also any bud pics of dried flower?

I’ve seen it called HP#1 and PNW HP. It dates back to the 80’s. I had it since the mid 90’s. Smell is extremely acrid, pungent fuel, with some rotten meat tones. I have a ton of crosses i made in the early 2000’s that I am finally going to grow out. Nothing like it around

BC*Dankster*

Hey SuckaFree, I think that's my long lost love that I've been searching for all these years. Did it grow huge colas, large calyxs, not much for red hair and have a super head high that quickly turned into a put you to sleep couch lock daze? The one Im talking about reeked so bad that one little bud triple bagged would reek up the school hallway lol. Made the best silkscreen hash, a sandy beige color. Damn. If this sounds like what you have, which strains did you cross it to?

...CR500AF...

I’ve seen it called HP#1 and PNW HP. It dates back to the 80’s. I had it since the mid 90’s. Smell is extremely acrid, pungent fuel, with some rotten meat tones. I have a ton of crosses i made in the early 2000’s that I am finally going to grow out. Nothing like it around

I am not sure what we called it but that rotten meat garbage smell that turned into fantastic pot to smoke lol.we loved it...:)

p59teitel

Hi there Rev, what’s on your roster this year? I’m trying out two Baaba Qo Selections and revisiting two from a couple of years ago. Started seeds April 1.

From Baaba I’ve got 5 Rustam Kush in the left row and 4 Sholgar on the right. Went 9 for 10 out of the gate, happy with that. Plants are sturdy and yesterday I threw some wind at them via a box fan to toughen them up for outdoor life starting the middle of May.

5ACA8EF0-A270-48E0-BE35-83266B403BE4.jpeg

Next up are 5 Waziri repros from seeds I made two years ago from a The Real Seed Co. mom that grew very open and airy and smelled like garlic. The mom had excellent mold resistance. Grew a repro girl in an outdoor pot last year and overwintered two more from the other mom on the windowsill that are going right now and finishing soon. Love this strain, it makes me happy and productive in the daytime without any brain fog and smokes very nicely as flower for a hashplant.

48AB29B2-0E89-4AB4-B358-5F9F355D9978.jpeg

And finally, 5 Balkhi repros from a TRSC mom I also grew two years ago. Good knockout nighttime med with nice painkilling properties. The plants two years ago were a bit susceptible to mold but was still able to pull 95% off them. Most of this will go into butter for a friend, although I’ll set aside some for hash. The 2 smaller ones on the left are 10 days behind the other 3 because I couldn’t get a couple to crack initially.

AF0572EB-5B5A-4ED9-BA2F-2E221F98F260.jpeg