Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone grown out any Kalyseeds leaf mutation varieties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djonkoman View Post
    it's nice to have ideas, but some of this stuff is easy to test yourself, or to google.

-cannabis evolved from japanese hops:
    no, they are both currently around. just like humans did not evolve from chimps, but we have a common ancestor.
    this is not really something you can just randomly speculate about, it is measurable. you can sequence dna and based on differences you can put species on a family tree, even put aproximate dates on when they split into different species etc. ofcourse it's still sort of a guess, but something does not become true just because it sounds like a nice idea.
    see also: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...of_Cannabaceae

the duckfoot leaf trait is just 1 gene. you can easily test this yourself: cross a duckleaf plant with a normal leaved plant, make an f2 and count the numbers you get from each phenotype. you'll find the typical 1:3 ratio of a single recessive gene.
    no need to make it more complicated. a single recessive gene is usually just a 'broken' gene caused by a random mutation. mutations happen all the time, but most you just don't notice since they don't result in a different phenotype. this one just happens to be a very visible one.

eh, I agree it's somewhat diverse(with also perennial trees being in there, together with annual herb cannabis, and perennial vine hops), but it's also a pretty small family, and other plant families are very diverse too. look at the rosaceae for example, huge diversity in there too. so I would not really say cannabaceae is exceptionally diverse.

not completely impossible, but I wouldn't say it's very likely either.
    japanese hops has 16 or 17 chromosomes as far as I could find(male-female difference, 14 of those are autosomal, 7 pairs).
    cannabis has 20 chromosomes(10 pairs, 9 autosomal pairs and 1 pair sex chromosomes).
    so not exactly likely they will give fertile, or even viable, offspring, especially if you just depend on nature and random chance to make the hybrid.

I think a grafted plant would technically be a chimera?
    anyway, if they're chimeras it's not very usefull. since the chimerism won't inherit to the seeds.

What would you define freakshow as than? they're saying its a new species of cannabis
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about." - Rumi

Comment

obv we shouldnt feed the troll.. not from a biology text book? i assure u i have plenty.. point out what u feel is incorrect hops and trichomes? roses have trichomes MANY plants do.

Comment

A bit off topic but Human's and chimps evolved from bonobos the rest about weed and hops is malarkey

Comment

A bit off topic but Human's evolved from a common ancestor alike chimps and bonobos
          I have a theory about neanderthals and other close human relatives and it's that humans killed them all but also captured some to breed with and eventually they died out no males were kept for breeding those were killed human history is a trip then we start fighting each other and taking over certain areas more fighting more taking over more murder and breeding and here we are today crazy as hell
          The hops and weed thing is malarkey

Comment

I'm pretty sure Terence Mckenna's stoned ape theory is spot on
            "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about." - Rumi

Comment

. is this kalyseeds cannabis? awesome trichs and everything...

. this forsure is the male kalyseeds used looks exactly like cannabis sativa male no?

anyhoo just trying to save your money u can purchase all the BS u want. but i hope this puts ur tail between your troll legs

oh if didnt figure it out these are images of japanese hops from edu sites. amazing how plants in same genus look so similar..
              Last edited by clearheaded; 02-04-2021, 20:08.

Comment

Well that would be apparent given the nature of evolution lol

Comment

exactly, however you stated the proof of the hybrid was the pictures on kaly site, however pictures are just showing simple hops.

Comment

The whole breeding together thing is weird, backed with claims of intergenetic roses, fine. I think the confusion comes from Cannabaceae placed into the Humulus family at various points, taxonomicly, but this was early confusion on phenotypical look a likes [ sound familiar]. Now it exists as it own family, let alone a genus or species of Humulus [hops].

Not saying it doest happen or exist, but lets not try and re invent the wheel to come to some magical thinking on look alikes.
                    (+)(-)

N2→ NH4+ → NO2- → NO3-

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100469728/...Microorganisms
                    http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/ani...sexplorer.html

Comment

thats interesting oregonism, as if its been found THAT far away geneticly its even less likely to happen. anyway, hate feeding trolls but hate even more misinformation and so many folks get there money taken cause they watched a video of hops that most people arent familiar with esp in its flowering phase

Comment

The technical term; Speciation is the evolutionary process by which populations evolve to become distinct species. The biologist Orator F. Cook coined the term in 1906 for cladogenesis, the splitting of lineages, as opposed to anagenesis, phyletic evolution within lineages.
                        Last edited by The HashMan; 02-04-2021, 21:26.

Comment

Working...
                        X