What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Sativa Seed Club - Friesland Indica (M33)

corky1968

Veteran
Super Sativa Seed Club - Friesland Indica (M33)

Description:

Huge plants with lots of side-branches which carry a load of smelly, stinky buds. Cold resistant.
Under ideal conditions, you can harvest two pounds of buds. Very suitable for outdoor growing
in the northern states. Harvest the third week of September

I've been very lucky to be gifted some seeds from this extremely rare old strain. There isn't much information
on it on the internet either other than the description provided by the Super Sativa Seed Club above in quotes.

There is a hybrid that was made with it called Freezeland (Friesland Indica x Pluton 2) and information on that
strain is a little more available. My internet searches leads me to believe that the Friesland Indica is a very
strong pine smelling plant under ideal growing conditions.

The person who gave me the seeds told me the seeds were almost falling out after 8 weeks on their own.
So I'm guessing that it's a 8 to 9 week plant. Seeing how extremely rare these are this 1st grow will be
strictly for seed reproduction purposes. I'll probably save a clone from each one for breeding though.

I have some more seeds safely stored away for a backup.

Here's one at 6 days:

picture.php

Here's one at 8 days.

picture.php

Here's one at 11 days.

picture.php

Here's a group shot at 11 days. I started more seeds a few days later and that why some are tiny.
I have total of 15 Friesland Indicas now and two are not in this pic. The much bigger plants on the
perimeter are Colombian Gold clones.

picture.php

This will be the 1st pure Indica grow I've done since 2010 so it should be an easy one compared to the pure Sativas
I've grown lately. i.e Kerala, Highland Thai, Oldtimer Haze, Colombian Gold, and their hybrids.

My last pure Indica grow was with Sensi Seeds Northern Lights in 2010.

west-eu

i think they were breed for outdoor originally and the plants can get huge apparently. hortilab work with them few years ago i believe

good luck with them corky. will be watching :)

corky1968

Veteran
:thank you:

Your right about the outdoor thing west-eu.

I do plan on doing a very nice grow of them outdoors in 2017 like the way they are meant to be bred and grown.

The only reason these are being done indoors now is that the seeds are on a wanted list and somebody wanted
my help in making it happen. This is why I was entrusted with the seeds to reproduce them for others to enjoy.

west-eu

will be nice to see them in too.
sorry can't give u more info....i was a kid when they were sold :biggrin:
but u can still see some pics of outdoor ones on the net

gorilla ganja

This should be a good show.Looking forward to seeing Friesland in action.
Best of luck with these and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

Acquitted

You're most likely to have a breezy time with the pure indica; seeing as how you've got the sativa indoor down. Thank you for the info on that; I'd only grown indica/sativa hybrids and that had been awhile back. So when my grape ox was going downhill I just thought I sucked. Lol

Thankful for the sit in on this! Rare=Surprises!

I want to raise one outside. Have been for a minute. I'm just going to do it: putting my shoes on and going for a walk. Thanks again!

neongreen

Veteran
Great project corky and a nice start! Looking forward to seeing another previously lost strain grown out and returned to the community. Thanks for sharing :tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Corky!

I grew the M33 extensively outdoors years ago. Def not a pure indica, but great strain for cold climates. Finishes early and does not tend to rot. Nice yield. Piney flavor.

Good luck with the strain, hope you find some dank!

corky1968

Veteran
A few minor setbacks that may have cost me a few days in growth. :spank:

A good friend messaged me and indicated that he hopes I don't mess up the Frieslands.
That's because I haven't grown an Indica in 6 years and that I'm more into Sativas.

Sure enough I did mess up a tiny bit. :biggrin:

• I was cloning some C. Golds before I started the Frieslands and had my lights set for 14 hours on.
    I just noticed yesterday before lights out. It's now set to 18 hours of light.

• This morning I noticed that my digital ballast which can be set to 50%, 75% and 100% power was
    set to 50% as I wanted to start the C. Gold clones under moderate light intensity and not fry them.
    So that will be brought up to 75% tomorrow and 100% the day after I guess.

I'll also have to remind myself from time to time that it's alright to feed these Frieslands a bit more than the Sativas I'm so used to growing.

Other than that the Frieslands are doing fine. :tiphat:

Mystic Funk

Hey corky!
I know that your a good grower but just incase you forgot, here's some tips for growing indicas.:)

#1 put them in bigger pots then you would with sativas. big roots = big buds.
#2 indicas need more cal/mag and nitrogen then sativas.
#3 instead of upping you ballast to 75 or 100% I would run it at 50% for 24 hrs that way you won't fry those little baby's and they'll grow a lot faster.
# 4 keep your temps lower, indicas will stretch like crazy in the heat.
# 5 don't veg indicas for too long or they get lanky.

can't wait to see these in flower! :peacock:

peace!
-mystic:tiphat:

Last edited:

corky1968

Veteran
Hey corky!
I know that your a good grower but just incase you forgot, here's some tips for growing indicas.:)

#1 put them in bigger pots then you would with sativas. big roots = big buds.
#2 indicas need more cal/mag and nitrogen then sativas.
#3 instead of upping you ballast to 75 or 100% I would run it at 50% for 24 hrs that way you won't fry those little baby's and they'll grow a lot faster.
# 4 keep your temps lower, indicas will stretch like crazy in the heat.
# 5 don't veg indicas for too long or they get lanky.

can't wait to see these in flower! :peacock:

peace!
-mystic:tiphat:

1. I already have nice pots ready for them that are much bigger than the ones
    I use with Sativas. They'll be used in early December. Need to buy a few more
    and lots more soil. When will this shopping end? LOLZ
  2. These plants will be fed heavier than Sativas. Still in moderate doses of course.
  3. I think I have the control stretching thing mastered by now.
  4. I don't plan on vegging them any longer than required.

corky1968

Veteran
Any updates?

Ok, Ok, I was writing this but got distracted. :laughing:

Very little because I overwatered them so they are growing slowly and now I'm letting them dry a bit. I transplanted 4 of them
and in 2 days I'm transplanting the rest of them. What happened is that it got really cold here last week and the temps and the
the humidity dropped outside. It actually snowed. Low humidity is something I hate very much. Because plants don't transpire
properly and hold water because of the dry air which causes waterlogged plants if you don't see the signs right away. The low
humidity no doubt caused the plants to want to hold on to too much water while the soil got saturated. I have no doubt they'll
take off once I get a hygrometer in a day or so. I didn't water them today and they are looking better all the time. I've also
increased their air circulation. With an hygrometer I will know exactly where I'm at with the humidity. Anything below 50%
humidity in vegetative growth will mean very slow growth. I prefer 60-65% in vegetative mode. Once I get that hygrometer
I'll be able to fine tune their environment. Summer growing is no problems with high humidity. Open the window and the excess
goes out. Come winter the humidity drops and opening windows becomes self-defeating with the dry air. I'm not worried at all.
I went thru the same thing in my early grow years with another Indica grow. So I know once the humidity is fine tuned they'll
take off. The branching zones are active so it's all good.

Acquitted

It's nice to know experienced growers make mistakes too. ;) I agree with the humidity preference of 60-65%, I got lucky in that area because my bf works in the A/C business and I helped myself to some of his handy dandy gadgets. One thing you might be interested in looking into is a Honeywell weather station. Mine has a display unit with the temp/humidity (wet bulb and dry bulb) and other readings from the local sensor and it comes with a smaller sensor for your grow room with just temp and humidity displayed that will link to the bigger one and display there as well. I may not have explained it very well, but basically I can lay in bed and see what the temp/humidity is in my room and my grow room also.

Can't wait for more pics.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
tended the original '80s with great success in two diff locations.....close to coast in Corralitos and in southern Sierras at 5000'ele................very stinky/sticky huge flowers of rank...........have yet to see original back in action..........freezeland is just ok in comparison........
Best in quest............

ganj on..........