What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brazilian Seed Co officially folded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganico

Veteran
Marley1- are you talking about BSC?

Col. Gold only takes about 9-11 weeks I think, and there are a couple hybrids on there like the "Diesel Power" and the "Redman Skunk"

newbgrow

I know this was an old thread, but, does anyone have any more info on any of these strains and when BSC will actually, if they still are going to, come back? I see their website hasn't been updated...

Indica Jones

How is Fritz? Haven't talked to him lately....LOL. Last time I talked with him on CGI, I showed him pictures of Brasil that I took while I was there. Hope he is doing fine. Good Times IJ :canabis:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Luiz is a good man and is on another community online which many may be aware of. Stand up guy so far, although I don't know much about him, he seems very friendly and very eager to help you out when he can, haven't grown his gear but saw several reports and they didn't seem to be dissappointed.

Limeygreen said:
Luiz is a good man and is on another community online which many may be aware of. Stand up guy so far, although I don't know much about him, he seems very friendly and very eager to help you out when he can, haven't grown his gear but saw several reports and they didn't seem to be dissappointed.

Apparently I do not have enough posts to private message you! Can you please PM me and tell me which board I can find Luiz on. Thank you.

PHB

sativa_lover said:
Apparently I do not have enough posts to private message you! Can you please PM me and tell me which board I can find Luiz on. Thank you.

You could try emailing him and getting in touch with him that way. He is generally very responsive over email.

PHB

joaquin386

zamalito said:
Ok here's the tentative schedule for bsc releases. Seasons listed are for nothern hemisphere

Spring 2007

Manga Rosa
Santa Marta Gold
Opossum #1 (smg x acapulco/deepchunk)
Puna Budder

Summer & Fall 2007

Highland Oaxaca Gold
Acapulco Gold
Brasilian Green
Punto Rojo
Aracaju Red
Burmese (different from reeferman or visc)
Greengenes cherry bomb (I only have ten seeds but a kind soul is offering us more. We will only reproduce these in pure form f that goes thru)
Cochabamba (bolivian)
The first of Redrider's Lines
Angola Red (this comes from lmn. Will only be released with his permission)

Xmas 2007
Kona Gold (a very special old hawaiian that possibly dates back to the infamous brotherhood of eternal love most well known for their following the teachings of Dr. Leary and their exploits in the smuggling of afghan hash)
More work from redrider
Brasilian Lemon (possible ancestor of leda uno)

Spring 2008

Colombian Black
Foxtail Sativa
Brasilian Black (bengala)
Brasilian Gold
Oaxacan Pelo Rojo

These are just the pure strains. We will also have indica sativa hybrids, elite xutting x sativa hybrids and pure sativa hybrids but those will be more played by ear and won't really be our focus. If there's anything that you can't wait for and would like to see moved up in the schedule let me know. It is very likely that some of these may be dropped to a lower priority.

Hey Zamalito

When are you getting out the Oaxaca and the Acapulco. Is still your web site the Brazialn Seed Company?

L. came through for me, although it took almost a month from the time he mailed the gear until it got here. Made me a little nervous before they got here, as he's gotten a bad rep in some postings.

That said, Zamilato's stuff looks good too.

PHB said:
You could try emailing him and getting in touch with him that way. He is generally very responsive over email.

PHB

Actually I just wanted to know what other board Luiz was on. Limeygreen does not accept emails and I can't PM him because I don't have the minimum 50 posts. I wasn't interested in getting hold of Luiz I just wanted to know what message board he was on hence the reason I asked Limeygreen to PM that info.

G

I am conscious of causing trouble, so I'll chose my words carefully.

After he visited Luiz in Brazil, Zamalito had legitimate concerns about Luiz's breeding methods and selections. Zamalito discussed his concerns with his business partners and they regretfully decided that they no longer wanted to work with Luiz.

Luiz took this break as a personal slight and is not happy with Zamalito, some bad blood now exists, sadly. Zamalito no longer has any association is Luiz, and at this point in time, Luiz is Brazilian Seed Company. Luiz was trying to find new partners and to find a new piece of land to use, I don't know if he was successful.

Zamalito continues to work with Hothouseflowers and others as part of Breeder's Choice Seed company.

Breeder's Choice had a forum at icmag which has now been closed, the reason given was too much negativity, although this is also a point contended by HHF, I won;t get into politics.

So, to sum up, Zamalito is still working on breeding projects under the auspices of Breeder's Choice who are no longer affiliated with icmag or Brazilian Seed Company/Luiz in any way.

After Zamalito (and an independent third party who also saw Luiz's plants) explained to me the way Luiz was creating his seeds and where he was obtaining his source seeds, I would heartily recomment that folks interested in buying seeds from Luiz wait until definite information is available and grow reports posted by others. I hope Luiz has sorted things out and is now working in a proper way, but if he is still making his seeds the way Zamalito described, they are not worth buying.

I have no interest in causing trouble or upsetting anyone, I have no affiliation with any of the parties I mentioned, I simply feel it is important to put some facts straight.

craiger

Like someone else posted...buying seeds from BSC is somewhat of a lottery right now. Im sure if Luiz can get his method correct he can use his resources to produce some very good strains.

Zam sells seeds on his own site. Seedbay has a BC section but nothing has been put up for auction recently. Try searching zamalito breeders choice on google. They have released some of those strains listed. Oaxacan Gold, Punto Rojo, and Colombian Black are being sold.

Unreleased BC

Opossum #1
Puna Budder
Acapulco Gold
Aracaju Red
Burmese
Greengenes cherry bomb
Cochabamba
Angola Red
Kona Gold
Foxtail Sativa
Oaxacan Pelo Rojo
Brasilian Black (bengala) same as Bahnia black head ?

released BSC

Manga Rosa
Brasilian Green
Santa Marta Gold
Brasilian Gold
Brasilian Lemon
Im not sure if these fell through due to BSC and BC breakup but BC might still release them.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
British_Hempire said:
I have no interest in causing trouble or upsetting anyone, I have no affiliation with any of the parties I mentioned, I simply feel it is important to put some facts straight.

Thanks BH for that information.You handled it deftly.

This whole thing is very disappointing to me,and I am sure it is to others of us who value keeping landraces as pure as possible.The whole Zam/BSC thing sounded like the perfect match,and it is terribly sad that it didn't work out.

I don't have a clue as to where to go now for some of the genetics that Luiz offered.I had really wanted to get some Manga Rosa..Aracaju Red and some Original Green,but I guess it is not an option.The Manga Rosa might be available somewhere,but I don't think anyone else has the others.

Anyway...thanks for the heads up.I do hope that Luiz gets his stuff straightened out and develops his business.I really enjoyed my e-mail exchanges with him,and I think he is a good guy....and that he is trying to do the best he can.

G

guest3854

I would love to see Zamalito back and on tha boards , very enlightening and sourceful .

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah, Zamalito was most definitely one of the wisest members of IC considering the wisdom of our belowed erb´!!!

Thats why it´s so sad that things went how they went.

I really cannot understand where he did get all that wisdom, but almost every post he posted was full of wisdom :yes:

I feel sorry for Zam that his reputation did get hit because of the actions of other people he is associated...

However, im quite sure he is here with new handle, but we cannot say that for sure before some "newbie" starts posting straight wisdom ;)

We really dont need any badblood inside our community, we are harassed by police & politicians & George Bush regimen enough! People should respect other peoples work and not try to benefit from it without giving any credit to original creator. If we cannot pull the same cannarope, we are doomed in longrun...

cornfield

anthropomorphic personification
ICMag Donor
just start some beans from BSC.
from 11 Original Green seeds I lost 5 due to my stupidity soo i start 6 seeds and I got 2 girls, one boy and 3 mutants (all of mutants died)
from 5 Colombian Gold seeds (bonus) i got 1 boy, 1 girl and 1 hermie.....last two make just leaves and no roots...soo they died

Last edited:
G

British_Hempire said:

If you want to put facts straight, there is also an issue about the percentage that would have been left to Luiz after he gave all his seedlines that he took so much years to catch... hehehehe But is not the place to discuss these things. Your conclusion is linked with the fact you have a full confidence on Zamalito's opinion, much respect for you and him but I had the opportunity to hear the two versions and things are never clear in this shitty business.

I grew the BSC Colombian gold. Although this is certainly not a pure tropical colombian sativa, it is a very particular strain, really really worth the $$. I don't know about other seedlines. I have seen a grow of his Brazilian red sativa and the grower (an experienced one) was very happy with the ending results. I read that Luiz had found a new big area to make his grows, and should be back soon, but it's hard to know with him. :) From what I read, he had to accept an hard job to find money for his family and thus he has less time than before. He is still sometimes online however and responds to email.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
little_man said:
If you want to put facts straight, there is also an issue about the percentage that would have been left to Luiz after he gave all his seedlines that he took so much years to catch... hehehehe But is not the place to discuss these things. Your conclusion is linked with the fact you have a full confidence on Zamalito's opinion, much respect for you and him but I had the opportunity to hear the two versions and things are never clear in this shitty business.

Well said little_man!! :yes:
I still remember the "Co-owner of Brazilian Seed Company" thing...:sasmokin:

G

I've said pretty much all I know about the whole thing, I won't get into speculation so I won't say any more as it would be just speculation.

I do wish both Zam and Luiz the very best towards their future seed making endeavours. I prefer to plow my own furrow and concentrate on my own work.

I second the recommendation of the BSC Colombian Gold, although it was said that Luiz lost the line durign his health problems. I reproduced a few thousand CG seeds last year and gave about 3000 away to all kinds of folks including 50 I sent to Zam, so he has that line. When I heard Luiz has lost the line I asked Zam if I hould offer to send Luiz a batch of the CG seeds I made and Zam suggested it would hurt Luiz's pride to admit he had lost it so I never sent him any.

I haven't grown any other BSC lines so I can#t comment further, but the Colombian Gold from 2004 was great. I kept her as a clone until April when she was lost when my garden was destroyed and made several crosses to the Colombian Gold too.

Status
Not open for further replies.