Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

UPDATED1/2021
    Welcome to the resurgence of Cinderella!!! Most recently, I have been working to preserve a set of Cindy lines that are in line with the original Cinderella releases which I had the privilege of working nearly two decades ago.

Cinderella #1

The Legend of Cinderella is that of a 50 day heavy leaning sativa plant. These plants grew decent buds but lacked strength in the stem structure. The smoke itself was revered by many as a hypnotic and some plants may have the potency to cause some smokers to freak out and have extreme paranoia and anxiety. Smells and tastes were something very rare, fruit as well as baby poo and spice. The fruity characteristics were lost in the majority of lines I have tried over the past decade, longer actually.

This thread started as a search for my long Lost Holy Grail known as Cinderella 99. Over the past decade I have continued to keep searching. With most results leaving me with a great deal to be desired. Lots of times I wanted to just give up and look to new strains that it seems everyone is interested in and give up on what once was. Recent findings have given rise to a new feeling of hope. There is still a great deal to be done. The road we travel is long and rough but its not about the final destination its about what we experience and learn along the way that makes us who we are.

It feels surreal to finally have run into species with such similarities to the original lines. The euphoric smoke is most pleasant and should be held among the best varieties of time. The #1 is a very Euphoric experience, long lasting, floating, flying, mind numbing ride lacking the paranoia and raciness of my other keeper. #4 is a completely different creature, the fear comes out quite often, speedy, racy and definitely paranoia inducing floral mango esque sweet yet deadly experience not created for the novice smoker. I prefer the #1 as it is a multi dimensional experience without the hellish extremes of the other line. These take a few more days than the originals but not more than a week IMHO, in a dialed environment they could finish very close to 50 days. I normally take them to 58.

Important Notes:

I have run:
    Original C99 2002
    F2's
    Gno3
    Gno3 f2's
    f3's
    Dutchgrown f2
    FMS C99
    Mosca F1
    Mosca Bx1
    New BG c99
    Joey Weed C99
    Nuggetshiners Foundry C99
    FDM C99 F3
    Peak Seeds BC

An important note for those that are new to C99 and what this thread is really all about:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chiefingchong View Post
    Joey Weed description states - "You will get 99.9% of what you get from the original."

is this tested to be untrue?

ANSWER:
    I believe Mr. Soul used to make that comment that she was true breeding and that JW probably included that in his own description as well.

BUT, if that were true we would all have plenty of super DANK c99 everywhere we looked would we not?

It comes down to the dominant and recessive alleles within each singular female and male plant which are bred to one another in 1:1 matings.

Conclusion:(just with regard to your question)
    With regard to the most sought after characteristics of the Original Cinderella P.97 C99 plants, Grapefruit appears to be much more dominant within the line, than the more sweet and Tropical expressions. It may have been a case of too small a population left behind to breed with or it may be a case of seed makers chucking without testing. Facts are that most HS seed stock was depleted within months of the disappearance of Brothers Grimm Seeds. Additionally, most growers choose to cull all male plants, even then I find C99 to produce a higher ratio of females. Odds are that not enough males were kept to find a proper mating. Then comes standard breeding principles regarding dominant and recessive combinations.

I believe all 3 of these issues have played a role in the current state which we find the line in today.

Nevil believed strongly in 1:1 matings which takes ample time and loads of testing of progeny, while maintaining all males and females in clone form. BG originally took another route with the use of cubing the line. It took them 2.5 years to complete. Some things I have read from Gregor Mendel since that time lead me to believe that this cubing process may have been the cause of a degradation within the line to where we are now. This time BG tried to one off a line with 1 male and no testing and was destined for failure, either due to loss of Princess or due to no testing of the 1:1 mating. Most "breeders" of today are not breeding. But that's dependent on the individual and I am not calling anyone out its just my opinion. I have been guilty of that too in fact.

Current Keepers both selected from a few packs of various seeds.

The 4 is my current fav it checks all the boxes, but the 1 is amazing too.

Good Vibrations,
    LT
    LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

First seat ����
    See beyond the visible...
    The ability to ponder things which are normally beyond ones reasoning

#aliencush
    #caseyscush #squarehead 12/07/14

Comment

Comment

Subbed!

Comment

Along for the ride...

Comment

Alrite

Comment

been waiting for someone to do just that, gotta get through my Mosca C99 before Bros Grimm gear gets grown out

Comment

Oh yes!! Let's se whag these do! Wish you the best of luck
                JEFE NOCHE

Comment

I guarantee, regardless of what it looks like, no matter how dank it looks, you're going to have several people saying "hey that looks nothing like the C99 i grew!" (you know how it is these days, lol) ... but for me personally, as long as it has that unique uplifting energizing C99 high and that beautiful pineapple presence I'd be happy, that's all i'm after.
                  ThinLayerChromatography Loving Care - because why breed blindly in the dark!?

Comment

what sadpanda said!
                    if she holds the same quality as before, aestetics are worthless!
                    good luck lost tribe, lets see what happens!
                    what goes around comes around

Comment

Best of luck on your grow , cannot wait to see these finish.

Comment

Originally posted by sadpanda View Post
                        I guarantee, regardless of what it looks like, no matter how dank it looks, you're going to have several people saying "hey that looks nothing like the C99 i grew!" (you know how it is these days, lol) ... but for me personally, as long as it has that unique uplifting energizing C99 high and that beautiful pineapple presence I'd be happy, that's all i'm after.
                        New99 is a fake.

Best,
                        LT
                        LostTribe

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121

Comment

did i inspired you to start you own c99 thread? ...bravo!!

they look uniform... she used to show sex pretty early ...any sign of what you have? how were the germ rates? please post updates as regularly as possible

here is a pic of the original F1 Brothers Grimm C99 > 1999 vintage

she had a very special "quality of high" , i never seemed to tire of her

Comment

C99 Tribute!

Almost 20 year old clone

[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Cosey View Post
                              C99 Tribute!

Almost 20 year old clone
                              sweet! she had an exotic & rich deep mango/pineapple/citrus flavor topped with almost movie house type of popcorn "buttery" bouquet

Comment

Working...
                              X