What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
UPDATED June 2022

PEAK SEEDS BC BEST CINDY(out of business)
Credit where credit is due.

These recent pics/plants were from seeds acquired from MJ over at Peak Seeds BC. I expect that he's keep the same parents going. He had some people try out different combinations of moms and males, which is the way to do it. Not quick and somewhat time consuming. I ran one of these a couple years ago, but only one seed. It was better than the Joey I had in with it. Recently I was searching through another one of the forums at another site and found some truly amazing pics that instantly re ignited my interest in looking through more of these. I ran one. Just one and found that "Metal" pheno. The "Punch" was found in the same pack and another 2 were grapefruit but fat and potent none the less. All very encrusted and very potent sativa smoke on plants that finish mid 50's. MJ seems to have improved stem strength a bit too. Hats off to them for this.

History on this like is that it started out with the original release from Brothers Grimm>Joey Weed 1st release> 1 pack from I believe Frost Bros> Given to MJ at Peak to preserve.

Hands down the BOTB, Best of the Best, Cindy I've ran out of most of the remakes and this one is definately a cut above the other offerings. They are different from Joey Weed's current release but I feel fairly strongly that may be due to selection. I ran out one pack from Peak and have a couple extra to hang onto.

Truth be told this stuff is so fire it makes me so jittery I keep saying I need to stop smokin it.

Its the real deal thats for certain. Any of the buds want to check some of mine its cool but otherwise give Peak a try and I bet we may find some ever more killer Cinderella in those beans. I think this about brings our project to somewhat of a close or maybe a transition into what everyone else might find in this offering. Hopefully this info will help others with anything from preservation to what things happen when lines go from P1>F2>F3 and onwards.

In closing, the story of Cinderella is a fine example of why it is of the utmost importance for a varieties survival that it be open pollenated. While 1:1 matings can provide certain outliers and be worked into franken-plants they are completely incapable of maintaining the species of cannabis as it was in its most primal stage.

Segregated open pollination is key to maintaining the varietals of the old world.

Peak Seeds BC Cinderella 99 mom - Metal
View media item 18117820
View media item 18090806
View media item 18090014

The Legend of Cinderella is that of a 50 day heavy leaning sativa plant. These plants grew decent buds but lacked strength in the stem structure. The smoke itself was revered by many as a hypnotic and some plants may have the potency to cause some smokers to freak out and have extreme paranoia and anxiety. Smells and tastes were something very rare, fruit as well as baby poo and spice. The fruity characteristics were lost in the majority of lines I have tried over the past decade, longer actually.

This thread started as a search for my long Lost Holy Grail known as Cinderella 99. Over the past decade I have continued to keep searching. With most results leaving me with a great deal to be desired. Lots of times I wanted to just give up and look to new strains that it seems everyone is interested in and give up on what once was. Recent findings have given rise to a new feeling of hope. There is still a great deal to be done. The road we travel is long and rough but its not about the final destination its about what we experience and learn along the way that makes us who we are.

It feels surreal to finally have run into species with such similarities to the original lines. The euphoric smoke is most pleasant and should be held among the best varieties of time. The #1 is a very Euphoric experience, long lasting, floating, flying, mind numbing ride lacking the paranoia and raciness of my other keeper. #4 is a completely different creature, the fear comes out quite often, speedy, racy and definitely paranoia inducing floral mango esque sweet yet deadly experience not created for the novice smoker. I prefer the #1 as it is a multi dimensional experience without the hellish extremes of the other line. These take a few more days than the originals but not more than a week IMHO, in a dialed environment they could finish very close to 50 days. I normally take them to 58.

Important Notes:

I have run:
Original C99 2002
F2's
Gno3
Gno3 f2's
f3's
Dutchgrown f2
FMS C99
Mosca F1
Mosca Bx1
Joey Weed C99
Nuggetshiners Foundry C99
FDM C99 F3
Brothers Grimm 2018
The Real Seed Co C99
PEAK SEEDS BC CINDY 99 (BEST AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR COLLECTORS AND PRESERVATIONISTS)

An important note for those that are new to C99 and what this thread is really all about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefingchong View Post
Joey Weed description states - "You will get 99.9% of what you get from the original."

is this tested to be untrue?

ANSWER:
I believe Mr. Soul used to make that comment that she was true breeding and that JW probably included that in his own description as well.

BUT, if that were true we would all have plenty of super DANK c99 everywhere we looked would we not?

It comes down to the dominant and recessive alleles within each singular female and male plant which are bred to one another in 1:1 matings.

Conclusion:(just with regard to your question)
With regard to the most sought after characteristics of the Original Cinderella P.97 C99 plants, Grapefruit appears to be much more dominant within the line, than the more sweet and Tropical expressions. It may have been a case of too small a population left behind to breed with or it may be a case of seed makers chucking without testing. Facts are that most HS seed stock was depleted within months of the disappearance of Brothers Grimm Seeds. Additionally, most growers choose to cull all male plants, even then I find C99 to produce a higher ratio of females. Odds are that not enough males were kept to find a proper mating. Then comes standard breeding principles regarding dominant and recessive combinations.

I believe all 3 of these issues have played a role in the current state which we find the line in today.

Nevil believed strongly in 1:1 matings which takes ample time and loads of testing of progeny, while maintaining all males and females in clone form. BG originally took another route with the use of cubing the line. It took them 2.5 years to complete. Some things I have read from Gregor Mendel since that time lead me to believe that this cubing process may have been the cause of a degradation within the line to where we are now. This time BG tried to one off a line with 1 male and no testing and was destined for failure, either due to loss of Princess or due to no testing of the 1:1 mating. Most "breeders" of today are not breeding. But that's dependent on the individual and I am not calling anyone out its just my opinion. I have been guilty of that too in fact.

Good Vibrations
:ying:
LT

Last edited:

canna317

:party:

been waiting for someone to do just that, gotta get through my Mosca C99 before Bros Grimm gear gets grown out

sadpanda

I guarantee, regardless of what it looks like, no matter how dank it looks, you're going to have several people saying "hey that looks nothing like the C99 i grew!" (you know how it is these days, lol) ... but for me personally, as long as it has that unique uplifting energizing C99 high and that beautiful pineapple presence I'd be happy, that's all i'm after.

RulaTone

Veteran
what sadpanda said!
if she holds the same quality as before, aestetics are worthless!
good luck lost tribe, lets see what happens!

LostTribe

Premium user
I guarantee, regardless of what it looks like, no matter how dank it looks, you're going to have several people saying "hey that looks nothing like the C99 i grew!" (you know how it is these days, lol) ... but for me personally, as long as it has that unique uplifting energizing C99 high and that beautiful pineapple presence I'd be happy, that's all i'm after.

New99 is a fake.

Best,
LT

~star~crash~

did i inspired you to start you own c99 thread? ...bravo!!

they look uniform... she used to show sex pretty early ...any sign of what you have? how were the germ rates? please post updates as regularly as possible

here is a pic of the original F1 Brothers Grimm C99 > 1999 vintage

she had a very special "quality of high" , i never seemed to tire of her

picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
did i inspired you to start you own c99 thread? ...bravo!!

they look uniform... she used to show sex pretty early ...any sign of what you have? how were the germ rates? please post updates as regularly as possible

here is a pic of the original F1 Brothers Grimm C99 > 1999 vintage

she had a very special "quality of high" , i never seemed to tire of her

View Image

Looks like my old girls too! I actually had a thread going that got removed last month and hope all the kin folk here will try and get past all their differences and just check out the grow and smoke reports to follow! After all its all about the smoke/vape/dab not the pretty flowers!

As you can see these were going about 6 weeks ago if memory serves me correct. I also have 2 cuttings off plants that I lost when I tried to transplant them from soil to hydroton. Atleast the cuttings made it but lost my little runt that looked like a winner. Dont think they will catch these though until next go round.

So far 23/24 on germination from 2 packs. I currently have 2 un topped males identified other than the 2 cuttings which are both female. been on 18/6 with increasing light intensity upped to 1000w HPS today to speed them up but they will go under 400-600 hps for bloom along with my Oldtimer's Purple Haze, Zamaldelica and maybe some Sour OG.

Hoping to up pot later this week and maybe get them blooming as early as next week if growth continues at current rate....

LostTribe

Premium user
That pack of seeds looks nothing like the real c99 packs.

We have our first clown! Welcome to the show! Do you want to see the warranty at the top n all homie? For real I trust that was a bit of a joke hopefully.

picture.php

These are from the 420 release and the plastic freebies are in the one marked O....actually I happen to be probably one of the only people that knows which mystery Elite purple clone was hit with P.75 to make those freebies but I'm not telling if Soul's not! Probably gonna pop a few of them too!

Its gonna be ok:comfort: