What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.G.E. still good ?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Shmavis,

What breeder did you get the BSHW through? Coastal?

I've got some BSHW and crosses like sage and zacatecas tribute in the seed vault, waiting to be all grown together and crossed for a BSHW based personal line to dig through, kinda sounds like what you've got planned.

Very nice, Breadwizard.

Would’ve loved to have snagged Zacateca Tribute but was asleep on that offering - lucky you! Yep, same here on looking to open the line up a bit to dig through at a later date. It’s my understanding that Charles (Reeferman) had a limited number of plants from which he has preserved the line for decades - my pack is his offering of BSHW. For now I want to make a next generation (and a few crosses) and then somewhere down the road run them along with some Mexican seeds I was kindly gifted.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
we had similar cut to cut of Homebrewer here, very nice. I like it more than SSH, but it was not mold resistant at all... pics by member Elessar:
picture.php
picture.php

I found bshw to be more interesting, but you have to go through many average phenos.. but less indica than sage, and if you find the one bamboozle describes, you win :D

This is one of the phenos that has shown up. There are a number of phenos demonstrating the spectrum of possibilites and colors. Recently we found a full purple flower pheno. The pheno that I posted was one of our favorite green stem phenotypes. It placed 20th at the 2012 Emerald Cup.

While not the highest testing of the phenos, it only tested at 17%, compared to the over 20 percent that the purple stem phenos have tested at, but the nose on this thing is amazing. Eucalyptus, mild licorice, grapes, and haze make up its bouquet. The judges at the cup had this to say about it "Amazing look, earthy fruit, eucalyptus, nose tickle, thoughtful creeper."

west-eu

nice pics and report ....

i've never tried pure sage , only smell some at the spannabis about 10 years aqo i think.
the french speaking guy from th seeds show me some , smell was pretty good , i ask him for a sample but he said no .... if only he knew how many seeds i buy ....

but here is a cut of sage n sour i'm about to flo her for the first time ... will update when needed
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
nice pics and report ....

i've never tried pure sage , only smell some at the spannabis about 10 years aqo i think.
the french speaking guy from th seeds show me some , smell was pretty good , i ask him for a sample but he said no .... if only he knew how many seeds i buy ....

but here is a cut of sage n sour i'm about to flo her for the first time ... will update when needed
View Image

nice! it will have huge buds!!! I liked sage, but it is too indica. I saw some coastal crosses like bshw x choc thai or bshw x black vietnamese, and these are more sativa than sage, so it catch my eye. but no way I would pay 300 bucks for few seeds LOL so I decided I will grow trip(bshw cut) x blueberry from Chimera, I got some F2s from Pineboy! many thanks! to go through and find bshw pheno. I mentioned it and other friend told me he had bshw seeds, coming from coastal seeds.. so I said oh yeah and I decided to grow it. I got 8 females and 12 males, three males I used and crossed it with more sativa cuts.. T.H. seeds crossed it with mazar... so I am sure my crosses will be better for me than sage.. it kind hard to describe my I love my keeper of bshw so much, it is just special. let quote ThaiBliss:
ThaiBliss said:
BSHW/SAGE cure to a pure turpentine. Soooo good aroma and effect. Fine quality, even if not the most potent. Just too special to let go.

I have my grape cut of bshw under the leds now.. it is hard to describe the taste, but it is very addictive.. hashy, earthy, grapes, a lot of sandalwood, slight licorice really slight and vague hint of eucalyptus and this turns into sweet almost turpentine thing.. but not chemical turpentine like at chemdog or skunk1.. no no. much more sweet spicy turpentine, very hard to describe :D so tasty, I smoked jars of it so quickly!

my bshw cut, the most sativa one I found:
picture.php

west-eu

thanks for the info maha i hope you'll find some winners

i know thaibliss like his sage bshw

your one have really short nodes and nice branches ... open structure :biggrin:

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i grew a sage many years back and i remember it being creamy tasting and very strong. really nice bit of bud, quite unique tasting at the time.

ive grown a freebie of it recently also and it wasnt the same.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
SAGE is good ganja. It's a good Swiss army knife strain. Grow it in soil and use lactobacilli. If you can get water from a fish tank, use it. The fish poop in the water works well at activating the terpine profile of SAGE. I have noticed that it crosses well with many strains, ie: SAGE n' SOUR, KUSHAGE, DARKAGE, SATORI x SAGE, MKAGE, SAGEMASTER...

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
fish tank water. cool. satori x sage sounds good to me.

thanks for the info maha i hope you'll find some winners

i know thaibliss like his sage bshw

your ones have really short nodes and nice branches ... open structure :biggrin:

it doesn't have much stretch, very affie, although from seed she was the tallest. doesn't fit my grow style at all :D but smoke has remarkable cerebral qualities, better to cross it to something stretchy, but for low ceiling grows it is nice choice.

St. Phatty

Any opinions on Sage & Sour ?

The only Sage I have. I enjoyed it when I grew it from seed.

Some people don't like TH Seeds though.

Rory Borealis

Veteran
fish tank water. cool. satori x sage sounds good to me.

There is a SSR(Super Sky Rocket pheno of SATORI that grows tall with much vigor) pair that thick stems for efficient nutrient transport. SATORI has spicy terpenes and SAGE has peppery terpenes. You get the spinal column tickle from SAGE and the Buck Rogers Stargate vector focus from SATORI, that's sprinkled with a bliss waves.. It's a really nice combo. Really good for creative endeavors and hikes or bikes.

Burt

Veteran
SAGE hasn’t been good via seed form in 15 years imo!
Sage N sour is a different story and so are cuts from the first release
Too much rotten meat indica in the later revisions like the 2003. Gross to me but it did have some potential. Huge yields, not fussy and done under 70 days

Latest posts

Latest posts