What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like that phneo the best. I have others and more seeds. I can't really find much info on Malawi Gold, just that its a sativa variety from unknown origin

DSCN0094.JPG
DSCN0095.JPG

GreenAndFast

Mango Thai #5 long flowering pheno. I cut her faster sister at the end of October. She's going the long haul. But she has that same look and smell to her as my original MT. I'm excited for this one. I believe I started the reproduction in April. So she's been going awhile. If anyone knows the maths. Lol Im wayyyy too high on tropical boogie cob hahaha
PXL_20240203_120222428.MP.jpg
PXL_20240203_120226176.jpg
PXL_20240203_120214594.MP.jpg

BC LONE WOLF

BC LONE WOLF Oldtimer's Haze?​

No haze used here, but won’t discard a genotype relation with haze or Colombian. What I used here is a Jamaican skunk genotype mom I call Montego Bay skunk (2012) personally source. Crossed with a Palawan/Kalinga male genotype personally sourced as well in 2019.
The wheat like flower is coming from the male parent, the skunk flower structure and Color is the Jamaican mom.

Looking at 110 days right now, she is far ahead of others I have running aside.

burningfire

Veteran
This is my attempt at the Ethiopian from Ace at outdoors 45N..

This pic was taken after I took it indoors in late October.

I forced flowered it starting in mid-august. Unfortunately I introduced PM due to putting an airtight tarp over it. I also burnt it by giving it granular fertilizer. Despite all that it's still an enjoyable smoke. The duration isn't amazing but the upbeat and clear aspect of the high is really enjoyable. There's some relaxation felt in the shoulders, this might have changed slightly with the longer cure, I have to give it another proper shot soon. I enjoy the buzz, It's a buzz that creeps and makes everything shimmer, It's a day brightener for sure.

While flowering there were aromas of mastic, green bananas and carrots. In the bag it turned a little spicier with some nutmeg notes.

ethsick.jpg

The year prior I made some crosses with my NCH #3 mom and a selected Ethiopian male. I selected 2 females for the summer season and let them grow without any forced flowering or a change in my fertilizer regimen. Of the two females I grew I had two different phenos. Pheno A which pulls more towards the Ethiopian side and Pheno B which is a little tighter and more reminiscent of the NCH #3 mom. Aromas from both started out piney fresh and sweet and turned to a more turpentine aroma. the NCH#3 is very high in carryophylene but not so much in pine. It's pungent and loud but more like onions than tar or diesel. In the bag Pheno B has some oregano / paint can smells while Pheno A is sweeter/minty, fresh and a little more fuely than the mom due to what I suspect is a higher Myrcene level.

A
nch3xethAoct12.jpg

nch3xetha-pre-harvest-2.jpg

bagged.jpg

onebud.jpg

B

nch3xethb-pre-harvest.jpg

Smoke wise Pheno A is a lot more interesting to me.. It's heady and energetic, it gets giddy and you have to catch your breath sometimes but it's still gentle on my psyche. It's more potent and intoxicating than the pure Ethiopian plant but usually you will settle in a very clean and enjoyable positive buzz.

I absolutely love Pheno A, from the growth and flowering structure to the effects. I started a breeding project over 10 years ago as something fun to keep going as I grew my plants and I feel like I finally reached a milestone.

Pheno B has a little more body but the head is very clear and tranquil, except for a little back of the head energy.. The pre-frontal cortex feels unaffected but the energy seems to come from behind. Pheno A is still clear but it's a lot more "happening" than Pheno B. I thought Pheno B was a dud when I tried it shortly after harvest as the energetic background wasn't present. I decided to try it about 3 months after harvest and was glad I didn't compost it.

For reference, here's the NCH #3 mom. This past growing season was amazing, we had one of the best month of September in years. It was severely rootbound this year and finished in record time, this was on October 1, I usually harvest it a few days later. The cross is a little slower, about 2 to 3 weeks slower. I was a little hasty with the harvest on the 20th but the weather wasn't cooperating. It was certainly inside the harvest window.

nch3late.jpg

Unfortunately I lost all the moms this year, I couldn't keep clones to save my life. I have a bunch of regular seeds left of the cross but I can't imagine I will have the place or time to do another selection this year. It's a bummer

Last edited:

BC LONE WOLF

She's still going. It's been about 326 days from seed to this stage. 12/12 for most of it but now on 7/17 for a few weeks and I've turned one of the lights off to help with the buds thickening.
View attachment 18957988 View attachment 18957989

wow 300+ days is something else, perennial pheno??
7/17 interesting, I am at 9/15 but haven't gone beyond that. She's gotta be trippy weed for how long it takes. I may go 8/16 on the MBx60sLB to make her go "faster"

BC LONE WOLF

It's pretty insane bro ain't it? My original MT won't flower under 12/12 but never tried at this low of a level. I kept a mother plant in the window going from veg to pre-flower back to veg for three years until she finally succumb the the sweet release of death haha

That is insane for sure bro, the max I have had a pheno (not a mother) is 11 months. Mold on the main stem got her before I could reveg. So looks like these phenos need a 20+ week veg cycle plus a 20+ week flower???

Respect bro, that looks amazing
Thanks brother!

BC LONE WOLF

Wow man shes a beauty
Thank you kindly, thats some of the personal work I have been doing for some time, just never shared before. Its not really a strain until you know it gets picked up... For now I call Jamaican Irie line.
What I used here is a Jamaican skunk genotype mom I call Montego Bay skunk (2012) personally source. Crossed with a Palawan/Kalinga male genotype personally sourced as well in 2019.

what you see is the F1, I can now work this particular phenotype and reach an F2, let's see if I can lock that pheno on the F2. I'm not sure which way to go, use the Filipino genotype or the Jamaican side... I have to do a IBL run on that Filipino seed stock this year, maybe something crazy shows up.