What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Goodherb

They looks amazing my friend! Can't wait to follow along and see how long they will take Outdoors at your latitude. Its going to be a heck of a treat to watch! LT

Give thanks again,mi igen.
Definitely will keep you'll up to date, pics an the likes. Great environment of course. Looking forward to yours along with others pointing the way .

Grow on ,grow strong.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I think this is what you were trying to do. Nice plant.

View attachment 18891583
Yes thank you! I keep getting an error that my pictures are too big to upload to my albums, so I can't insert the pic like this. I made a thread on the website support forum. It used to work fine and I use the same camera, so I'm not sure. Tried resizing....

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Looking great there @Calle Minogue, the UEL is great for earlying up stuff. The Nepalese is probably early too? What line is this one? Beastly looking UEL x Kumoan(i?)
How do you compare your UEL F7 to the sativa clone? I had a proper botrytis disaster with the UEL plot this year, but a couple of outstanders at least to continue the line.

Thanks Bro. Oh no- fingers crossed for the Love plot. This year I had some bad luck with the males. The fridge in the garden was without cooling function after few days. I probably recognized it after few weeks.looks like my Pollen wasn’t vital this year. So every season is a surprise. The Nepal line is from the stock of BM lala‘s nepali release. Since then it’s F 3-4 . The heterosis on this cross is so amazing. I guess it’s perfect for the north.
Hopefully the turn suits me well :)

Haha I am always struggling to write this… here you go. https://therealseedcompany.com/product/kumaoni-himalayan-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

I was attracted to its happy high as I red it in the www.

Last year i popped two seeds and I used the best male to pollinate the UEL F5..
the male was with amazing ginger smell.
Let’s see if I can finish it! For me it’s my Outdoor most NLD I ve ever grown :)

The UEL F7 is completely different to the F5. It was a little more indica as I know it from the F6. The Bud structure is different and the lemon smell isn’t the same.

I have two UEL F5 x UEL F6 running. One of it flowers since 10 weeks and still not ready :)

I have one other nice UEL cross running. SBR x UEL F6
IMG_2883.jpeg

All at 52N 😎

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Tent full of Destroyer pearls on the vine, soon come.
IMG_3835.jpeg

African Haze#11xOHaze, so tall and heavy after 20 weeks the top broke over.
IMG_3827.jpeg

Smells like Malawi Meat with extra gravy.
IMG_3828.jpeg

Extreme sativa/NLD shwaggy looks can be verrrry deceiving.

Sometimes it's more scenic to go the less traveled road and discover new things.

vermontman

Thanks Bro. Oh no- fingers crossed for the Love plot. This year I had some bad luck with the males. The fridge in the garden was without cooling function after few days. I probably recognized it after few weeks.looks like my Pollen wasn’t vital this year. So every season is a surprise. The Nepal line is from the stock of BM lala‘s nepali release. Since then it’s F 3-4 . The heterosis on this cross is so amazing. I guess it’s perfect for the north.
Hopefully the turn suits me well :)

Haha I am always struggling to write this… here you go. https://therealseedcompany.com/product/kumaoni-himalayan-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

I was attracted to its happy high as I red it in the www.

Last year i popped two seeds and I used the best male to pollinate the UEL F5..
the male was with amazing ginger smell.
Let’s see if I can finish it! For me it’s my Outdoor most NLD I ve ever grown :)

The UEL F7 is completely different to the F5. It was a little more indica as I know it from the F6. The Bud structure is different and the lemon smell isn’t the same.

I have two UEL F5 x UEL F6 running. One of it flowers since 10 weeks and still not ready :)

I have one other nice UEL cross running. SBR x UEL F6
View attachment 18891922

All at 52N 😎
Hello @Calle Minogue
Hearing from you on your posts, your pure UEL is most interesting. I may have asked earlier, sorry if I did could you elaborate on that strain?
Thank you in advance!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Isn’t the UEL a Reeferman Love Potion hybrid? Seem to remember he started crossing the Love Potion to a load of stuff after it became popular. Think he tried to bring down the flowering time on that hybrid to suit the Canadian short summer.

Could be wrong, just thought I’d have a stab in the dark..

Goodherb

Cool!
So what is your fave African strain? It's not like I have grown any. But being a Rastafar-i man of the pass, living in the present, trodden into the future. I have affinity with Ethiopia, so no doubt.
Ii have grown to learn about the Continental offerings through this site and I give thanks for that. Malawi /congo/Angola/Zulu /swazi/Gambian to name few.
Vman,I apprecialove your interest,man.
hey Goodherb! my soulbrother.

do you plant to cross posi haze with some local variety???
. Yes mi igen.
It's s my gold . But in this cycle.
I open pollinated them . Not sure that I could've trust the integrity of the process.
So I will eventually, at other site.

As of right now, getting few seeds in other grow hands ,an on the growers scene. Something little different.

Large up yourself ,mi brother !

bonghopper

Isn’t the UEL a Reeferman Love Potion hybrid? Seem to remember he started crossing the Love Potion to a load of stuff after it became popular. Think he tried to bring down the flowering time on that hybrid to suit the Canadian short summer.

Could be wrong, just thought I’d have a stab in the dark..
Any idea if it's more than ABG13xSMCG? That's the only info I have on it, that it's an early selection of lovepotion.

There's so much variation in there - chemical, burnt rubber, rotton fruit, melon, lemon, cedar, conifer, heavenly,
some with knock out sedate high and some with more uplifting highs with various amounts of come down and burnout and a rare few are nice and clean at the end.

There's at least 6-8 weeks difference in finishing times between early and late bloomers and short and long flowering times

Finished plants can be approx 5ft to 10ft depending on earlyness.

Septoria resistance is poor and botrytis resistance average to poor - some individuals are outstanding here however.

Goodherb

Cool!
So what is your fave African strain?

It's not like I have grown any from Africa. But being a Rastafar-i man of the pass living in the present trodden into the future. I have affinity with Ethiopia,no doubt.
I have grown to learn about the Continental offerings through this site and I give thanks for that, such as Malawi/Congo/Angola/Zulu -Swazi/Gambian to name a few.

Vman, I apprecia-love your interest man.
Big up self.

vermontman

It's not like I have grown any from Africa. But being a Rastafar-i man of the pass living in the present trodden into the future. I have affinity with Ethiopia,no doubt.
I have grown to learn about the Continental offerings through this site and I give thanks for that, such as Malawi/Congo/Angola/Zulu -Swazi/Gambian to name a few.

Vman, I apprecia-love your interest man.
Big up self.
Thank you! very kid to say.
My favorite Africans so far are Mulanje Gold and some lines of Swazi.

Grover Sativa

I’m definitely interested, how can I acquire such amazing sounding seeds? CL🍀
You can buy them from The Landrace Team - I've asked them to give 25 for the price of 10 - just mention me when ordering!

The Longtime Jamaican is an amazingly wonderful tropical sativa - the best one, IMO (along with Koh Chang x Meao pure [double] Thai) worth a go, for sure.

If grown and cured properly it is stupefyingly high!

I have started a small grow from my original batch of LTJ - to maybe do a bit of line breeding - or at least see what I can find.

The seeds at TLT are from 2 lines bred from this original population (Fruity Juice and Shorty...) those lines work really well and are proven!

Maybe I'll post some photos of the new plants, for interest!

CaptainLucky

You can buy them from The Landrace Team - I've asked them to give 25 for the price of 10 - just mention me when ordering!

The Longtime Jamaican is an amazingly wonderful tropical sativa - the best one, IMO (along with Koh Chang x Meao pure [double] Thai) worth a go, for sure.

If grown and cured properly it is stupefyingly high!

I have started a small grow from my original batch of LTJ - to maybe do a bit of line breeding - or at least see what I can find.

The seeds at TLT are from 2 lines bred from this original population (Fruity Juice and Shorty...) those lines work really well and are proven!

Maybe I'll post some photos of the new plants, for interest!
Thanks GV, any growing suggestions for indoor plants? CL🍀

Grover Sativa

Thanks GV, any growing suggestions for indoor plants? CL🍀
I do... firstly, understand how large you want the plants to end up and work backwards from there... LTJ is a BIG plant, if allowed to be...

If you have great pruning/bending/topping/twisting skills then you will need them.

I always use an organic feed - but this means getting the soil right. Indoors is harder because you can't really use a soil/well rotted compost mix (that guarantees lots of organic life in your soil) as you will be bringing bugs indoors, which is a "no-no" so you'll have to start with a light mix of your choice... but adding seaweed to your feed will help.

Whilst young, the plants won't need any feeding - you'll burn them if you get it wrong, like all tropical sativas, but repot them in a timely way and you'll be fine (otherwise they will go yellow as soon as the little feed in the light mix runs out...) I use tiny to 7.5litre to 30 litre pots as the final ones indoors.... that much soil will allow for large plants and hold lots of feed and you won't be restricting the roots too much, so the plants will be able to express themselves (part of the joy of growing in my opinion..it's not all about final product all the time..) The plants are light feeders so, when you do want to start feeding them, begin with a 1/4 strength mix and buffer upwards when you are sure that they can handle it. As the stem and vascular system grow and mature, the plant will be able to handle higher feeds but anyway, keep it to a minimum... you're not pumping up your commercial plants here, you're trying to get through 16 weeks of a tropical sativa flowering period whilst keeping your plant healthy for the whole time...they should start and end green (not yellow) with organic feeding regimes... there's no salt to need to 'flush' this way.. it can be hard and takes experience but don't be disheartened by mistakes - it's a learning process.. you'll figure it out and then go to another plant and have to start all over again!!! It's all about 'dialling in' your plants, I suppose..

It's always best to have as many females as you can fit, for variety and in case one pheno is preferred to another but if you can only fit in one then all the plants should be worthwhile anyway, so it's all good.

Other than that - it's all the usual stuff about airflow, temperature control, air-moisture control, etc... you know all that shit!

Take clones, if you are so inclined... so you can repeat grows with your favourite phenotype and get better and better and growing her - when you should flip her, when to start feeding her (and how much..) how to prune her... all those things.. personally, I prefer keeping genetics the seed way... crossing the best males to the best females and storing/labelling the line properly... this way, you can grow plants similar to your favourite for 20 years or more, without having to maintain a clone mother... there's pros and cons and its all about what you do and what you like, I suppose..

If you want to use a tent then all good - I've seen many great tropical grows in tents but it is not easy that way as moisture content in the air can go up and down and temps, too - plus you need space and air around your plants to grow a plant like this well...

MALES - keep them, use them... choose the most vigorous and smelly two, put them in the greenhouse or somewhere else, just until they are producing pollen... collect a little bit in a plastic canister/box/etc and use it to make your own hybrids - it crosses REALLY well with both indicas and other sativas - it adds an amazing high to your indicas without necessarily adding too much time to the flower period (surprisingly) - especially if you use the male Jamaicans..

I have crossed them with 8 week Skunk and it still finished between 9-10 weeks... the plants and frames were very skunk looking, too - it's just the high that really changed a lot... I've done the same with a pure haze to a skunk and the hybrids took much longer, so the Jam is a good out-crosser..

There are a few Jamaican hybrids on TLT website - and there's a good reason for that!
My favourite is the Thai Jam... it doesn't really sell, for some reason, which is a shame... but I love it.

Any questions, just let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Any idea if it's more than ABG13xSMCG? That's the only info I have on it, that it's an early selection of lovepotion.

I don’t, sorry. I find it a little hard to believe it’s just line bred to be early and mould resistant. From what I’ve read here, those who are growing the line find quite a bit of variation even though the line has been inbred to quite a few F generations. That would tell me there’s likely another genetic input other than the broadleaf g13 and an heirloom NLD.

Who knows, I could be wrong.