What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

herbgreen

Veteran
Madjag book Thread about the book More stories....

Last edited:

vermontman

MULANJE GOLD
Plant B
Landrace Team seed.

127_1710.JPG
127_1714.JPG
127_1715.JPG

sirScottALot

Hey @vermontman,
I am growing your Purple Satellite, Zacateca Tribute, and Green Mtn Grape this coming spring. I am very excited. Your breeding focus really connects with an old school head/grower like me.

Earlier in this thread you asked another commenter what their favorite strains were from Real Seed were. I have grown out a number of them, Lebanese, Sinai, Balkhi, Tirah, Rasoli, Nanda Devi, and others.

At first I thought the structure of Lebanese or Sinai would be the best to work with but I didn't really enjoy the resulting crosses I made from them. Maybe something decent down the road with more work.

Later I crossed a Bubba Kush cut with Tirah (Bubba-T). This past year I pheno hunted this cross and came up with one okay cut but overall its an underwhelming and overly sleepy strain.

The best of the best in my opinion have been work that ive done with Nanda Devi. Structure isnt particularly ideal, a bit branchy and with light willowy buds but the buzz and smoothness of the smoke was nice. I crossed it with Burnt Tangerine from Sprout Seeds (highly recommend) to create what I call Fire on the Mountain. It was one of the best things I grew in 2021. Light green buds with a great orange effervescence, super smooth smoking, and a good body high without an overwhelming head. During that time I crossed one of the better cuts with Bodhi's Raspberry Hashplant because I was looking to tighten up both its branching and its bud density.

This past year i did a little mini pheno hunt growing out a handful of this new Fire Mountain Hashplant. Every one was keeper quality, and the best of the best, Fire Mountain HP #1 is arguably the best Ive ever grown. I'll be looking to continue its breeding journey at this point through both inbreeding and out. I'd like to inbreed where Im at for posterity but I'm also curious to cross out with some other strains with Nepalese heritage (enter stage left Purple Satellite).

Hope these comments are useful to you and thanks again for your part in this community.

Scott aka IG: @caledoniangrown

Attachments

• DSC_1046s.png
    DSC_1046s.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 65

vermontman

Hey @vermontman,
I am growing your Purple Satellite, Zacateca Tribute, and Green Mtn Grape this coming spring. I am very excited. Your breeding focus really connects with an old school head/grower like me.

Earlier in this thread you asked another commenter what their favorite strains were from Real Seed were. I have grown out a number of them, Lebanese, Sinai, Balkhi, Tirah, Rasoli, Nanda Devi, and others.

At first I thought the structure of Lebanese or Sinai would be the best to work with but I didn't really enjoy the resulting crosses I made from them. Maybe something decent down the road with more work.

Later I crossed a Bubba Kush cut with Tirah (Bubba-T). This past year I pheno hunted this cross and came up with one okay cut but overall its an underwhelming and overly sleepy strain.

The best of the best in my opinion have been work that ive done with Nanda Devi. Structure isnt particularly ideal, a bit branchy and with light willowy buds but the buzz and smoothness of the smoke was nice. I crossed it with Burnt Tangerine from Sprout Seeds (highly recommend) to create what I call Fire on the Mountain. It was one of the best things I grew in 2021. Light green buds with a great orange effervescence, super smooth smoking, and a good body high without an overwhelming head. During that time I crossed one of the better cuts with Bodhi's Raspberry Hashplant because I was looking to tighten up both its branching and its bud density.

This past year i did a little mini pheno hunt growing out a handful of this new Fire Mountain Hashplant. Every one was keeper quality, and the best of the best, Fire Mountain HP #1 is arguably the best Ive ever grown. I'll be looking to continue its breeding journey at this point through both inbreeding and out. I'd like to inbreed where Im at for posterity but I'm also curious to cross out with some other strains with Nepalese heritage (enter stage left Purple Satellite).

Hope these comments are useful to you and thanks again for your part in this community.

Scott aka IG: @caledoniangrown
Hello Sir Scott
Thank you for your consideration! And your run down on Real Seed co seeds. I am pleased you are looking to work with my strains in your breeding.
Thank you also for your kind words.
CHEERS!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nevils Haze x C5 Mango Haze

Attachments

• 64A4AF22-9967-422B-8F8D-952CBB0D8102.jpeg
    64A4AF22-9967-422B-8F8D-952CBB0D8102.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 92
  • 0BB4C638-D4BF-414C-879C-350D6634CB7A.jpeg
    0BB4C638-D4BF-414C-879C-350D6634CB7A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • 083D5127-54C3-43B1-A3AB-1B0C95E6D612.jpeg
    083D5127-54C3-43B1-A3AB-1B0C95E6D612.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
  • 2C465548-C49D-41D0-BE12-ABCAA50DD497.jpeg
    2C465548-C49D-41D0-BE12-ABCAA50DD497.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 5FF1F4CD-6B0D-4E9A-99D5-CB6A14CC0687.jpeg
    5FF1F4CD-6B0D-4E9A-99D5-CB6A14CC0687.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • 537EC616-D7CA-4378-A34C-6B36CED599D5.jpeg
    537EC616-D7CA-4378-A34C-6B36CED599D5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • 21FF8FFD-559F-4178-A6C5-33DFA34AFCEF.jpeg
    21FF8FFD-559F-4178-A6C5-33DFA34AFCEF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84

IndicaFarmer

I would, but I ran out of long enough stakes...
started with 2 already, but they desperately need support

it's likely gonna be some taped together bamboos, over wasting a whole day trying to find the right stakes in garden centers, at this time of the year^^

pic is from tonight, gonna figure this out tomorrow

this fucking Jamaican clone... day 39... already down to 10hrs
it's so sad, it makes me laugh
full
time to start a patch of yer own black wax shaft bamboo!

IndicaFarmer

TRSC Malawi x TRSC Nepalese Rolpa, about 4 weeks into flower:

View attachment 18777100
Good God man, this plant looks like it will be huge long pole View attachment 18777101 I love the structure on this pheno, looks like it will be almost all buds/poles with hardly any leaves. I really dig it's structure man, well done and keep it up. Never seen buds run the whole length of a branch like this.

Boob McNoob

I still long for a willowy expression from some of my collectively hoarded sample of Bagseed but usually experience more of the blended silhouette of cross cultivars. One thing that continues to puzzle me about those who work the skinny gals indoors is how few employ LST to simulate a canopy and thereby promote competition for more bud sites. I'm very diligent during the vegetative phase but seem to lose control as flowering kicks in with my efforts.
IMG_20230208_001309920.jpg IMG_20230208_000900871.jpg
The first pic shows a typical specimen near the end of long hours and the second offers a look at another who started 12/12 on Dec 30. Although the younger has a very even plane facing the light you can see how a month transforms this demeanor as the more dominant colas take over. As the fresh face transitions in a few weeks I hope to be more aggressive in crafting lateral growth.