What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Dream

~star~crash~

she smells fantastic ... i wish i could describe it, but while drying she's holding onto her smell & it's awesome & loud

Burt

Veteran
Exotic blue pine spice with slight menthol from the SSH is what comes to my mind

highsteppa

Veteran
sc blue dream is good stuff...rates high in a lot of categorties and grows like a dream. I always found it to be more bb leaning than ssh

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll try for some dry pics ASAP ... she continues to hold onto her aroma >>>very happy

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Since i can't acquire the legit cut what has been the best representation in seed form.
I think it's a crap shoot because every breeder will say theirs is the best. Personally, I've been happy with Nirvana's and would consider Humboldt. But I'm a creature of habit so I tend to buy where I first bought.

MrBungle

Cali Connection blue dream haze... my pheno is not the best yielder, but it tastes like blueberry muffins slathered in blueberry jam....

I have Humboldt's offering as well, and its a better yielder, but less taste and effect..... Only tried a few beans of each, so I'm sure I could find a better pheno of each...

I've been growing cali connection's for about 4 years, and no plans of ending its run...I've been growing humboldt's for about a year, and its on its way out...

Just adding my 2 cents :) I wouldn't be afraid to try Nirvana's version.. They have some killer strains for affordable prices

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Cali Connection blue dream haze... my pheno is not the best yielder, but it tastes like blueberry muffins slathered in blueberry jam....

I have Humboldt's offering as well, and its a better yielder, but less taste and effect..... Only tried a few beans of each, so I'm sure I could find a better pheno of each...

I've been growing cali connection's for about 4 years, and no plans of ending its run...I've been growing humboldt's for about a year, and its on its way out...

Just adding my 2 cents :) I wouldn't be afraid to try Nirvana's version.. They have some killer strains for affordable prices

I'll visit cali connection. Never seen theirs.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Since i can't acquire the legit cut what has been the best representation in seed form.

the legit cut is everywhere these days. but I'll have beans in 6 weeks or so...
picture.php

budsicles

Might want to take a look at REM by sin city seeds, especially if you want regs instead of fem.
It's 75% blue dream and 25% white moonshine. (blue dream x white nightmare)
Haven't tried it yet, but it's been on my mind for a while.

marmarb

Looks like I'm waiting on cp as shn doesn't have it in stock by any breeder rather spend the coins in house anyday.

Last edited:

highsteppa

Veteran
Might want to take a look at REM by sin city seeds, especially if you want regs instead of fem.
It's 75% blue dream and 25% white moonshine. (blue dream x white nightmare)
Haven't tried it yet, but it's been on my mind for a while.

Agreed, this is where I’d look for it in seeds

Robney

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't suggest pheno hunting to look for blue dream. Most of the crosses I've seen and "Blue Dream" I've seen don't actually represent the true clone. FYI Santa Cruz Blue Dream does not taste like blueberry muffins or blueberry anything, it really doesn't have a distinct blueberry taste, rather it's an amazing combination of hazey incense and sweetness from the blueberry, it doesn't taste like any other blueberry cross in my opinion. Though, I would definitely jump on Chunky Pigs cross, I'm assuming he hit the cut with his cookieboi male, meaning you're gonna get some hazy cookies with a blueberry sweetness added, plus I bet it'll make the smoke REAL potent, Blue Dream can be a little lacking in potency in my opinion.

Robney

Starcrash - are you gonna blast the whole run? I'm really curious to see what you think, especially given that potency is the only thing BD doesn't have, and if you're gonna be dabbing, well that should take care of that! Let us know how you're enjoying her!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I kinda like that it's not a head banging fucked up experience. If I smoked and got totally blitzed every time, I'd quit and start drinking 25 year old scotch instead.

At bedtime, I'll get wasted and watch Robot Chicken reruns (lol). Other than that, I have shit to do so getting wasted all the time doesn't fit my lifestyle.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi peeps...i been blue dreaming

hi peeps...i been blue dreaming

Exotic blue pine spice with slight menthol from the SSH is what comes to my mind

sc blue dream is good stuff...rates high in a lot of categorties and grows like a dream. I always found it to be more bb leaning than ssh

the legit cut is everywhere these days. but I'll have beans in 6 weeks or so...
View Image

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't suggest pheno hunting to look for blue dream. Most of the crosses I've seen and "Blue Dream" I've seen don't actually represent the true clone. FYI Santa Cruz Blue Dream does not taste like blueberry muffins or blueberry anything, it really doesn't have a distinct blueberry taste, rather it's an amazing combination of hazey incense and sweetness from the blueberry, it doesn't taste like any other blueberry cross in my opinion. Though, I would definitely jump on Chunky Pigs cross, I'm assuming he hit the cut with his cookieboi male, meaning you're gonna get some hazy cookies with a blueberry sweetness added, plus I bet it'll make the smoke REAL potent, Blue Dream can be a little lacking in potency in my opinion.

Starcrash - are you gonna blast the whole run? I'm really curious to see what you think, especially given that potency is the only thing BD doesn't have, and if you're gonna be dabbing, well that should take care of that! Let us know how you're enjoying her!

I kinda like that it's not a head banging fucked up experience. If I smoked and got totally blitzed every time, I'd quit and start drinking 25 year old scotch instead.

At bedtime, I'll get wasted and watch Robot Chicken reruns (lol). Other than that, I have shit to do so getting wasted all the time doesn't fit my lifestyle.

smokable now ...my son's been rolling blunts & i extracted some for myself ... i have not trimmed any yet but it's sticky with a good amount of trichome coverage ... the smell and taste is fantastic!:dance013: just like when it was growing & it carried over into the flower ... it's not sweet ...its extremely flavorful , rich gnarly & spicy & tart & you can really sink ur teeth into it ... u want mouthfuls of it! ... i been dabbing it for 2 days consecutively:sasmokin: i wish i could share it ... soo darn good ...the dab is very very strong very tasty ...the effects so far seem to be pretty balanced (IMHO) yet slightly more trippy and vibrant ... if there is a ceiling i've not reached it yet and i have a high tolerance

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Homebrewer

Veteran
Blue Dream nearing harvest below (Santa Cruz cut - the only real cut, no?). She's chunky and smells of sweet berries and earth. I have not smoked her yet as this is my first time growing her but after reading this thread I'm pretty excited.

picture.php

beta

Veteran
Blue Dream nearing harvest below (Santa Cruz cut - the only real cut, no?). She's chunky and smells of sweet berries and earth. I have not smoked her yet as this is my first time growing her but after reading this thread I'm pretty excited.

View Image

SCBD is unmistakable - Nice work!