What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangativa

Veteran
Malana Cream

picture.php

Oaxacan

picture.php

Parvati

picture.php

Thai/Haze x Skunk#1

picture.php

Danish Gold x Finola f1

picture.php

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Hi Elmanito...... Your plants look excellent:tiphat:. I look forward to seeing how the Malana Cream and Parvati go so i can make up my mind which one to try next season:).....Best of luck....K

E

elmanito

Hi Elmanito, the plants look lovely, we have had a great summer so far in UK, looks like it's been nice in NL too.

Isn't Finola a hemp strain? Interesting to see how that cross turns out.

Thanks bro.

Finola is indeed a Finnish hemp strain developed from North-Russian genetics.This hybrid will be crossed again with one of the Mexicans.
This will be a nice experiment, but i did it before

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
intresting Elmanito you think you will get/keep the autoflowering genetics from the Finola in there ?
will be following you my friend

peace

F

freefields

Finola is the original source of all the AF genes we play with today.

It was widely grown in Canada and in the 90s the govt inspectors kept finding dwarf plants that flowered very early and had slightly more THC than was allowed in hemp.

Lowryder began as a cross of one of these dwarf finolas to a short, fast indica (NL#2 I think) and took a lot of breeding to lock down the AF trait to 100% and increase the potency.

E

elmanito

You have to be careful with those AF traits & the pollen since they can even come back after several generations.They are pretty strong and if you don't be care full you can end up with freaky low yield dwarf plants and that is not nice for the drug gene pool.

The Finola i used was just a normal one and not a dwarf.The reason i did this cross to develop a sativa with some more CBD in it, not particularly for the AF traits.

Back in the 90s i had a variety named Red Dawn which had AF traits.

picture.php

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that nice El but why dith you not continu your work in the 90 with this Red Dawn ?
even with non AF traits it whas intresting strain of early haze here in the cold noord?
what happend?

peace

bigherb

Veteran
Hi Big herb,
I found the cg to be an interesting plant, she takes 21 days to form pistils and a further 84 to flower, the smell when flowering is light odour of cat piss, when you rub the stems it smells like lemons, but when the buds are cured the smell and taste is very spicy.....definately incence.
The buzz is nice, all in the head as would be expected, it is very clear with no paranioa, anxiety or raciness more conversational, thought provoking and euphoric. a nice long cruisy mellow ride. for me it is a feel good strain!
It was grown under 600w lighting and consistantly produces 1lb, after the cross with C99 she now produces 18-19 oz per plant per 600watt light.
This plant needs a huge amount of space as she has extremely long side branches with very few leaves, the main fan leaves are quite small allowing good light penetration to the lower branches.
I think she is ideal for outdoors or scrog indoors

most appreciated

thankyou for enlightening us with this info

the traits of taste/aromas are all highly desirable and precious in my book,those effects are prized and quite special,sounds like a gem

wow nice yield ,might influence others to consider trying som pure sativas that hav other thoughts on them ,aside from the space it takes up seems she's a pleasure to grow

truly beautiful again you did a great job that cross also sounds interesting

1luvbigherb

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I just come in this thread almost everyday to drool over the sativas and sat dominants. :) Thanks to all the contributors.

need4weed

Veteran
It is a winner in my circle, very much sort after! she is very forgiving in all respects and you only have to show her a bottle of clonex and she will begin to grow roots

most appreciated

thankyou for enlightening us with this info

the traits of taste/aromas are all highly desirable and precious in my book,those effects are prized and quite special,sounds like a gem

wow nice yield ,might influence others to consider trying som pure sativas that hav other thoughts on them ,aside from the space it takes up seems she's a pleasure to grow

truly beautiful again you did a great job that cross also sounds interesting

1luvbigherb

F

freefields

Aye, she is an incredibly tough, hardy bitch, I think 4 days is the fastest I've rooted a cut of her.

bigherb

Veteran
It is a winner in my circle, very much sort after! she is very forgiving in all respects and you only have to show her a bottle of clonex and she will begin to grow roots

its gets better ,i hope i hav a chance to aquire stock one day soon

thanks brotha

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TomHill´s Haze :dance013:

hazeeee.jpg

colombian sativa selected by charlie garcia :respect:

ColMB07090131B027copia.jpg

Last edited:

weedies

I am a huge sativa fan but also prone to paranoia too. I have had sativas that made me laugh so hard I hurt and sativas that made me pace. You just have to find the right one.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hey gang. Awesome thread. I discovered a few months back and still trying to catch up. Anyway, wanted to share a Sativa Dom pheno of a Sativa Dom cross. Male was a tall lanky purple and hollow stemmed Reeferman Senor Garcia (Panama Red x OPT) and the female was a Reservoir Sour Diesel IBL. This was the keeper of the phenos grown, but unfortunately, I couldn't reveg her. In the jar curing, so a bit longer before I sample, but I'm guessing I will wish I would have cloned early on. Oh well, a dozen or so more seeds to play with. All the phenos had nice qualities, this one just stood out. Hope you enjoy the timeline shots, it went 13 weeks of 12/12 from seed. Last shots show that same hollow stem carry through the cross. I got 4 F2's from a gorgeous male. Had hoped for more, but I guess the pollen wasn't too viable by the time I used it.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Finola is the original source of all the AF genes we play with today.

It was widely grown in Canada and in the 90s the govt inspectors kept finding dwarf plants that flowered very early and had slightly more THC than was allowed in hemp.

Lowryder began as a cross of one of these dwarf finolas to a short, fast indica (NL#2 I think) and took a lot of breeding to lock down the AF trait to 100% and increase the potency.

Urban legend.

Lowryder is ruderalis based, not hemp.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: The autoflower trait is different, the morphology is different. Lowryder is photoperiod neutral, finola is not. In other words finola will flower when it reaches a certain age, certain amount of nodes OR even earlier with a dark period. There's nothing you can do to speed lowryders flowering.

Both the autoflower trait and the bd allele are lost easily in crosses.

E

elmanito

Urban legend.

Lowryder is ruderalis based, not hemp.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: The autoflower trait is different, the morphology is different. Lowryder is photoperiod neutral, finola is not. In other words finola will flower when it reaches a certain age, certain amount of nodes OR even earlier with a dark period. There's nothing you can do to speed lowryders flowering.

Both the autoflower trait and the bd allele are lost easily in crosses.

No, i don't agree with certain notes you made here.Finola starts to flower not after a certain internodes, but after 20-30 days.I've grown Finola last year like i have grown a family member in the 90s named Red dawn which also started to flower after 20-30 days.Finola is imo also photoperiod neutral.

http://www.finola.com/FinolaDevelopment%20gif.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts