What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ptg

Very nice one Mathias!Lucky you are to grow those outdoors!:canabis:

If that's true, I bet they were tripping!
And what a trip!Get ready for a free depilation!Aouch!!!:cry:

jajaja,Raco,lovely sketch from "Hashish!".Did you notice this sentence at the end of the paragraph:

"No source having observed these collection techniques firsthand have been located,and these folktales cannot be directly verified..."
Why the hell anybody would like to make hash this way?This is no more than exotic tales...maybe full of racism knowing the way of thinking of people back in those days(XIX century)...first DARE group,lol,"dont' smoke charas,it's made on the body of naked people"...

Please,excuse my english,i hope you understand my thought.

P.s: Just add a double thai top bud pic at 20 weeks:
picture.php

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I have also heard of those tales. Supposedly young virgins (I guess hairless preteens?) were selected for ceremonial chara making for festivals.

Very likely it's just weird nonsense.

But I do know from a discussion about how seeds end up in hashish that there are places they would wear a cloth bag and run through the fields, the resin would gum up on the cloth and they'd scrape it off with a knife. Seeds would stick too and thats how they harvest hashish some places and why the occasional seed would be found.

I was also told the primitive version of that was just naked people running through the field and using sweat to help scrape off the resin.

The truth behind those stories is debatable at best though IMHO.

gkn

Well it doesn't seem very practical or rational to run naked between the plants and then collecting the resin from the whole skin...but if we think about it not rationally or practically but from an altered state of consciousness point of view, where magic and ritual have a lot of importance, it makes a more sense...besides, reality always exceeds fiction.

saludos

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I think it's very practical depending how much weed you have. I've seen some of those pics and it's literally hundreds of acres of weed.

For people that didn't know about water hash or other methods of purification then probably some of the highest quality available and the quickest made came harvested like that. You can obtain more per plant by hand rubbing but you'll rub your hands to blisters before you can obtain any real quantity of it.

By wearing a linen sack and running through it they can take it off and scrape off the live resins with a knife quick and easy and then just go run in the field again. And since they are live wet resins as opposed to dry sifting dried harvested plants it's a much higher percentage of pure oil and resins glands. Since the plant is alive the leaf matter doesn't dust up and lower the purity of the hashish. They can just pull the whole green leaf bits off of the linen while they scrape. It would be a way to quickly get a higher grade product and then harvest the rest to dry sift later.

The VERY first hashish might have been made by naked people though. It's likely it was first discovered by someone simply inadvertently walking through a weed field and having to scrape the gum off themselves afterwards. It might have evolved from there to more practical harvesting methods or into religious ceremonies. Or both. Who knows.

P

ptg

I hadn't thought of ritual issues...but i don't think they have had any traditions like this...seems alien to them for me:dunno:

Now,the bag cloth make more sense.Yet i didn't read of linen cloth but of leather apron.For me it seems very much practical to rubb on a high scale this way,and also collecting the resin should be easier on leather VS linen cloth...
I think linen bag are used to steam the resin block.Yet there is a method for rubbing using cotton sheets which are then scraped...

The VERY first hashish might have been made by naked people though. It's likely it was first discovered by someone simply inadvertently walking through a weed field and having to scrape the gum off themselves afterwards. It might have evolved from there to more practical harvesting methods or into religious ceremonies. Or both. Who knows.
IMHO,it's very sensible...prehistorics men discovering crude charas,full of body hairs,dust,bugs and other leaves matter...yet i hardly see this being transmit until nowadays without evolving...hence the hand rubbing method used now.Wich i believe give a much cleaner end products.It's easier to protect your hands only from wind instead of a whole body...and i believe lower yeild= better quality...but as you said,who knows? :)

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
TBH I know next to nothing of the regions and it's cultures so I couldn't say much on that issue.

You are almost definitely right on the leather apron. It was a long time ago and I was just trying to remember what they said they scraped it off of. Leather is much more practical.

Very nice one Mathias!Lucky you are to grow those outdoors!:canabis:

And what a trip!Get ready for a free depilation!Aouch!!!:cry:

jajaja,Raco,lovely sketch from "Hashish!".Did you notice this sentence at the end of the paragraph:

"No source having observed these collection techniques firsthand have been located,and these folktales cannot be directly verified..."
Why the hell anybody would like to make hash this way?This is no more than exotic tales...maybe full of racism knowing the way of thinking of people back in those days(XIX century)...first DARE group,lol,"dont' smoke charas,it's made on the body of naked people"...

Please,excuse my english,i hope you understand my thought.

P.s: Just add a double thai top bud pic at 20 weeks:
picture.php

That kinda looks like my NYCD to be honest. Week 7 today and it looks like shes going to take about 5 more weeks.

P

ptg

TBH I know next to nothing of the regions and it's cultures so I couldn't say much on that issue.

You are almost definitely right on the leather apron. It was a long time ago and I was just trying to remember what they said they scraped it off of. Leather is much more practical.
TBH too,i don't know much more than you,all i know is what i gathered from various books,all saying that (naked hash practice) is unlikely to be a custom there from a cultural point of view.

There is no merit when you got the book right on the hand ;) ,now i wish some body with real knowledge on this region could enlighten us.I know there is some very knowledgeable people about this part of the world here.

Man what a marketing tool, "Bare Naked Girl Hash"
So true!

@ curtis lemay:

Well,both are sativas,so i believe it's normal to see some common features between them.But judging a plant just on a top bud pic is not really fair.I invit you to look at the double thai thread and thereafter please tell us if your still thinking they are so similar.I bet the NYCD won't have the warrior high of the double thai...

And don't be shy,show us your NYCD! ;)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my NYCD X C99 I grew in recent yrs.
I usually don't post anything w/ indica in it on this thread, but seeing there was a request...I know I'd rather be puffing the Double Thai. ;)

312NYCD_X_C99_D41.jpg

@ptg Hi bro, took me a few days to see the reply. Sure I'll post a pic. This is my NYCD that I think looks like the thai. She's a little over 6 weeks in this pic, and the slight yellowing in the middle is from moderate light bleaching. This is all one plant. She had 4 main branches before flowering and now she has about thirty tops that very in thickness. Very sativa-ish NYCD pheno imo:

zGJMc.jpg

I'll take a better picture of a cola to compare to that double thai, but they really look very similar imo.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Malawi Gold x Colombian Gold

Malawi Gold x Colombian Gold

Hey guys, here some pictures of the Malawi Gold x Santa Marta Colombian gold plant at 10 weeks that I grew last year. I harvested the majority of her on week 16, and she continued to flower and give me another harvest a few months later. More pictures can be found in my thread in the Flower Pix section. Seeds were gifted by British Hempire.

Attachments

• DSCN2444.jpg
    DSCN2444.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN2477.jpg
    DSCN2477.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN2466.jpg
    DSCN2466.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MalawiGold.JPG
    MalawiGold.JPG