What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

junior_grower

Columbian gold

Columbian gold

Some gold grown and girdled. I had some issues with the whole girdling/ not killing the plant/ over feeding as a result.
picture.php

indifferent

Veteran
Yeah super cool Charlie. I appreciate it.

It really is our members that keep this thread great guys. I had fooled around looking at other forums recently and they simply pale in comparison. Tons of misinformation from what I call Know Nothing Know It Alls. It's nice to have a mature group of cannabis aficionados to talk to about pot without feeling like you are arguing in a dorm room. Part of convincing people to share info is making people feel like if they take the time to type up a long informative post that there will be an audience mature enough to read and appreciate it.

Way back when I started this thread at OG almost a decade ago I had been impressed by the quality of conversation taking place in the Di Wee Dalat sativa thread. I decided to make my own thread to try and learn about pot from the most knowledgeable groups of people I could find and try to convince them to share the information they've learned through the years. I really feel like we have succeeded in recreating and sustaining that environment here at IC.

As long as we have each other I think this will be a valuable thread for us as well as new comers for years to come. I know I still learn from everyone here.

A big THANK YOU to the RUST crew for keeping us up and running. You guys know who you are.

I think it just proves that you need to have a certain type of mind to appreciate the finer qualities of the sativa side of the cannabis spectrum. I mean, anyone can appreciate the stony effect of an indica, but a sativa is altogether more subtle, complex and sophisticated, therefore sativas appeal to the more cerebral among us imho.

Chaman

I was wonder'n about the time line on those Indian cannabis sativa plants that where grown in with the hemp, jejje Sativas grow very much like hemp in a tropical climate, if we talk about size and vigor, but would flower sooner or later, but in northern or southern climates since all they do is grow in veg state with longer hr days, and since they don't truely flower, maybe people where use'n cannabis testing it along side the hemp...

all along the caribean islands it was grown, in the eastern coast of the US, and in South America too, I'd bet the time lines aren't too far apart...I used too hike all over VA...never found "weedy" plants, but history tells of all these fields everywhere and boston tea party acts and blah blah...that before you where obligated too grow, then came the war campains jeje Weed for victory something like that and once agian fields where grown, this time of cannabis instead of hemp...yet suddenly they have all disapeared too. Hard to beleave we are all law obiding citizens jejeje

But in the Islands it became a way of life..Indian plants are in Jamican hands, is what came too be the so very tasty Lambs Bread, and in Colombia i'd prob bet the Corinto plants are are fabled too be of the best, and in yrs time they adapated too life in there new homes for the needs of the people...but I bet it all started from those same original Indian Sativas from so long ago. But I always ask my self, indians from the americas where smoke'n dif herbs long before any imigrants...but what kind if any of cannabis did they smoke, or was it more a blend of salvias and shrums ? cuase...the the witch crafts and use of Chaman's have been shared along all precolombian, and imigrant traditions from north to south.

Over the yrs came supply and demand and then they started too mix in more genetics, but it prob started with only a handfull of those first sativas that survived climate and growing conditions, Indian Cannabis I'm sure was the most wide spread and used.

Cool & Calm
Chaman

INderferent,
Not too mention the paranioa...some people just can't handle it jejjee or the heart thumping feeling when you feel it speed up, and you can't sit still. Love it !

indifferent

Veteran
INderferent,
Not too mention the paranioa...some people just can't handle it jejjee or the heart thumping feeling when you feel it speed up, and you can't sit still. Love it !

True man, I like my sats as racy, tweaky and speedy as possible, which is why i love los sativas Mexicanos so much!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Amazing thread, motaco you're the man and everyone else who's contributed. A true gem of icmag, along w/the grow thread. :respect: :joint:

bushweed

Veteran
Kangativa's sativas

Kangativa's sativas

Here's some giant outdoor sativas from Australian sativa breeder/grower Kangativa. His strains include landrace sativas personally collected from Indonesia, Thailand and Mexico (86' Highland Oaxacan Gold) as well as a stabilized line of Mullumbimby Madness from the early eighties. Kangativa has crossed these landrace strains to various Dutch varieties such as NL#5Haze, Jack Herer and White Widow, as well as Norcal Skunk & Norcal Haze from the emerald triangle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

attachment.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
DAMN bushweed! that is nuts! great pics and plants man. Thanks for sharing.

I think it just proves that you need to have a certain type of mind to appreciate the finer qualities of the sativa side of the cannabis spectrum. I mean, anyone can appreciate the stony effect of an indica, but a sativa is altogether more subtle, complex and sophisticated, therefore sativas appeal to the more cerebral among us imho.

Well I didn't mean it quite like that. In fact though I love sativas my favorite smokes are mild indica hybrids. Bubblegum, Blueberry, etc. Sativa influenced but definitely not pure. I think the types of stones we enjoy is just a personal preference. I just meant in the "build it and they will come" type of way. That a lot of experienced older growers like sativas, and that they feel this thread is worth their time posting in. I just wanted to say thanks to those that take the time to post and keep this thread the gem that it is.

Last edited:

prajnaparamita

Mama Thai trichs - 9 weeks of flowering

Mama Thai trichs - 9 weeks of flowering

Took this picture last night. Cropped a little bit for the trichome detail... :blowbubbles:

9 weeks, ~11:40/12:20

picture.php

H

HeryRhom

Mmmh Praj' miamm :) Accompany with this Swazi red 12 weeks' flowers (under cmh) lemon & spicy flavour...

picture.php

Sooon the harvest :jump:

johnnybhang

He mentioned the plants that were potent in that columbian vid were kryptonite. Aren't those from a dutch seed bank? Where is the big market for columbian, certainly isnt in the states. Thats amazing that many farmers still grow it there.

Mikos

Just found this amazing thread. Kudos to those who have shared.

It's going to take me several days to read through the 350ish pages.

Sativa all the way for me.

gkn

High sativa lovers! I tought i may share this pics with you in this thread. Its Old Timer's Haze x Destroyer . Mother was a Purple Haze plant, that's why the colurs are there...

Destrohaze_0035.jpg

these are the lower buds

DestrohazePurple.jpg

these are the higher ones

destrohazepurple1.jpg

Destrohazepurple2.jpg

Destrohaze_drying.jpg

destrohazedry_0007.jpg

saludos!

Kangativa

Veteran
im interested in the MM crosses,its my understanding shanti somhow worked on the strain

i have never heard of neville or shanti makin MM hybrids nor releasing them ,id lov to know WHO or WHERE this info came from

1luvbigherb

Hi Bigherb......It is me where that info came from, but it was me who did the crossing. In the early 90's I purchased WW and NLxH from sensi seed bank along with Jack H, Black Domina and a couple of others and procceded to cross them with the strains Bushweed is talking about.
As for Shanti being the original breeder of MM, I dont know and to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me. It does have much the same characteristics as a wild crop found in the Hunter Valley area, which I also grew from some seed that I got, like looks, strength, bud formation and size. That is about all I can say about the strain as I dont know its origins.......cheers K

C

CheifnBud2

Does anyone remember that thread about hazes, where they have the old school soil mixes listed??

The ones where there would be like redwood sawdust in the mix.

Oldschool haze thread.

Anyone that remembers would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts