What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iron_Lion

Hello all. (If you just skim this post check the vid link)

It's nice to see everyone joining in the conversation. I still have my reservations on the relevance of hemp growing and cannabis americana on any 60's to 70's era pot from the appalachia area, and even that High Times best buy award I believe came in '83 (not positive on that though) when lots of indica'd up genes were around as opposed to '73. At any rate this thread is about exchange of information and ideas so it's nice to have different opinions expressed and thanks to all who contribute.

On a new note I was just dicking around on google videos and came across this great video of Colombian marijuana from CNN. Enjoy.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2010/05/12/bs.penhaul.colombia.marijuana.cnn.html

Interesting video, only if the columbians could learn some proper bud handling techniques. its pretty sickening to see all those nice buds being pressed into bales.

E

elmanito

Motaco, thanks for posting :thank you:

Just $4 for a kilo what the farmer earns, twice as much as coffee.I pay here in the coffeeshop €6 ($7.50) per gram of Colombian Gold brickweed and €4.50 ($5.55) for 250 g Colombian coffee.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

C

charlie garcia

nice video, is not only Colombian Iron Lion, paraguayan also use same compressed style. Hard to dry due humid climate, smells to mold and amonia. Most grown in Colombia right now is crippy (columbian hybrids)

bushweed

Veteran
A taste of Kangativa's sativas

A taste of Kangativa's sativas

Oaxacan
picture.php

Mullumbimby Madness
picture.php

Mullum Madness x Mullum Madness/SkHz
picture.php

MM
picture.php

Old school Norcal Skunk
picture.php

MMxWW
picture.php

Old school Norcal Haze
picture.php

etc.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oaxacan Space Shuttle (NL5Hz)
picture.php

MM
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

White Thai
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
E

elmanito

Here's some giant outdoor sativas from Australian sativa breeder/grower Kangativa. His strains include southeast Asian landrace sativas from Indonesia and Thailand and a stabilized line of Mullumbimby Madness dating back to the early eighties. The Mullum Madness has also been crossed to a variety of plants including Oaxacan Gold and various early Dutch Haze varieties from Neville and Shantibaba. The quality of these plants speak for themselves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Its damn foggy on the pica's.I don't see a damn thing.:D
Ah, the fog has cleared up.:yes:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Last edited:

indifferent

Veteran
Which seedbank is the Swazi from? Looks like she's a bit of a picky eater, the bottom is yellow which say's more N, but the tops have downturned tips, saying no more N.

Looks like you have some mites going on there, good luck with those, damn things!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No seed bank, these were collected by hand in SA.
This little girl is only about a month old flowered 12/12 from seed.
I haven't fed her at all, and there is very little nutrition in the medium.
The bottom leaves you see are the first set of three finger leaves, which like the first single finger leaves nearly always turn and fall...at least I don't pay much attention to them in the way of figuring out what they are hungry for.
The tops are not turned down from a nutrition issue, but more from being manhandled I think.
And yes, I have had a mite problem this spring. Only time I have had mites in the last 4 years or so. I hate them and thrips with a passion.
She has no live mites at present, and I can still see what may be some eggs.
All my plants are undergoing treatments.
Thanks for the critique!

indifferent

Veteran
Interesting to see a proper Swazi, at least you know it's not watered down with Skunk!

Most Swazi i have grown in the past grew as one big cola, looks like that is what you're in store for too, be interesting to see how long she goes, I expect 14 weeks or maybe a bit longer.

Wasn't trying to be critical, just saying what I saw, hope you weren't offended!

Good luck with those pesky mites!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, I wasn't offended at all. I sometimes don't pay the closest attention and will also see things when looking at my shots.
I agree that the structure looks for sure like a single cola style.
The mites I hate, but I can deal with them. I just like to do it as naturally as possible. I am currently using spinosad with great success. The heavy stuff only if need be.
I'll update a few in the next few months.

Keep those great Sats coming folks!
I envy you, charles!!!!
Great stuff, mot!

bigherb

Veteran
Here's some giant outdoor sativas from Australian sativa breeder/grower Kangativa. His strains include southeast Asian landrace sativas from Indonesia and Thailand and a stabilized line of Mullumbimby Madness dating back to the early eighties. The Mullum Madness has also been crossed to a variety of plants including Oaxacan Gold and various early Dutch Haze varieties from Neville and Shantibaba. The quality of these plants speak for themselves.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

im interested in the MM crosses,its my understanding shanti somhow worked on the strain

i have never heard of neville or shanti makin MM hybrids nor releasing them ,id lov to know WHO or WHERE this info came from

1luvbigherb

indifferent

Veteran
Shanti was one of the people who created MM, he's stated that. He also said it was a Thai/Colombian and 'the closest thing to Neville's Haze' he's encountered.

Neville never had any Haze imho, he just renamed MM as Haze to cash in on the name.

indifferent

Veteran
Nice bud. Here's a pheno of Angola x Banghi a friend in Holland recently grew, this one was a keeper, amazing smell/taste, like an old school lemony haze with a really energetic effect.

Attachments

• DSCF2344.jpg
    DSCF2344.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF2345.jpg
    DSCF2345.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2350.jpg
    DSCF2350.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2349.jpg
    DSCF2349.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 18

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Yeah super cool Charlie. I appreciate it.

It really is our members that keep this thread great guys. I had fooled around looking at other forums recently and they simply pale in comparison. Tons of misinformation from what I call Know Nothing Know It Alls. It's nice to have a mature group of cannabis aficionados to talk to about pot without feeling like you are arguing in a dorm room. Part of convincing people to share info is making people feel like if they take the time to type up a long informative post that there will be an audience mature enough to read and appreciate it.

Way back when I started this thread at OG almost a decade ago I had been impressed by the quality of conversation taking place in the Di Wee Dalat sativa thread. I decided to make my own thread to try and learn about pot from the most knowledgeable groups of people I could find and try to convince them to share the information they've learned through the years. I really feel like we have succeeded in recreating and sustaining that environment here at IC.

As long as we have each other I think this will be a valuable thread for us as well as new comers for years to come. I know I still learn from everyone here.

A big THANK YOU to the RUST crew for keeping us up and running. You guys know who you are.

M

mrcoco

positronic -THAI

first picture is about in 11th week i think
cut it down after 14 weeks. it wasnt finished but had to cut her

picture.php

picture.php

M

mrcoco

picture.php

taken under the hps as u all can see but it went really dark/purple at the end

stimulating nice buzz