What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokefrogg

Veteran
Acapulco/Oaxacan Gold was only golden in colour cos it was dried in the sun, the actual plants are usually a bright lime green with some purple/red tips on the calyxes.

World of Seeds are a fraud, their strains aren't landraces, they are a group of businessmen in Valencia who just buy in seeds from wholesale producers and makeup names and stories about them.

well we'll see what happens =)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not to touch on this too much, but Steve Tuck was from Kentucky and half of his Herijuana is from local kentucky genetics, the name escapes me tho. :chin:
With a name like Hillbilly Dreams, you knew where he was coming from...sort of. :redface:

ptg, enjoy! Perfect summer weed! :D

Bonehead

hi just popping in to check this! i loooove sativas!!

currently i have 1 thai which was ordered from world of seeds seed bank, we cut clones off 2 days ago, these will be spread to several different folks that will probably continue that process with their own little circle of heads, slowly spreading it around hooray!

mi madre has 1 acapulco gold right now which was obtained from bag seed, i have had an old hippy check that herb and they did confirm it looked tasted smelled and effected him in a pretty authentic way, man this bud was frickin' GOLD! as a youngster i hadn't seen something like that, the shop had it on the low low end too, 25$ 1/8. we got about 30 seeds total, only got 1 to actually grow successfully, clones will be made of her to spread the love too, hope it got pollenated by another of it's kind so it's not just 1/2 acapulco gold! we shall see =)

mi madre has 1 colombian gold from world of seeds as well, i hadn't been up there to see it but she said it is really kicking ass, it's out in a greenhouse vegging and getting tall!

sativas really excite me, especially if they are not mixed with too many other kinds, as o.g. and landrace as can be i think is the coolest. man some of these have been bred for a very very long time, hundreds upon hundreds of years even. i feel there is a major difference between these oldschool strains of yore and the newschool hybrids and strains made after only 10~20 generations of breeding. maybe it's all just in my head though ;)

either way sativas are awesome and man i just can't wait to get a taste of this thai when it's done, last time i had real thai was over 15 years ago, never see it at the shops and there are many in my area...i guess most folks just don't want to take the time to do it? i don't mind being patient for something amazingly good =)

Hello,do WOS make regular seeds?

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I love Sativas...

I love Sativas...

Hi there guys.
I got some Lebanese from RSC going on.
They´ve changed now to 12/12 after 3months of vegging.:dance013:
I wasnt aware how Sativa those Lebs were:jump:
Anyone grow lebs indoors?
Thanks to all for keeping this thread alive:ying:
Some pics of the lebs

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tuck used a local KY IBL called Killer New Haven as half of the Herijuana. The other half is an indica IBL from CA called Petrolia Headstash.

Killer New Haven may also go by new haven kill. Probably won't see any unless you are hooked up with someone who has held it.

New Haven is in Nelson CO KY if anyone is curious. lol...quite a place.

IV XX

Sativa fan here and love seeing the different leaf shapes. Big ups to this thread!
Here's some genetics I got from Aqua Caliente, Mexico:
mexcro.jpg

ga006.jpg

F

feral

this guy knows what he's talkin about..

go down a ways on this and look at the 'contest' of the best weed and see who took 1st place over everyone else including the west coast and the 'haze'...the good ol boys from West VA.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=135579&page=14
For those not in the now, pharmaceutical companies back in the early days before weed was made illegal were growing weed up in the mountains here on the east coast from genetics that are reported to come from India.....I think WAY before Cali ever got serious in the game.
But seriously, does it really matter who grows the best weed? I guarantee that there is weed being grown in various parts of the states and outside it's borders that is only shared in a small circle of friends/associates that will make the best known strains look like shit and the thing is you'll never know about them if your not part of that group.

osoloco69

I have seen true Golden mexican pot, but it wasn't in Acapulco. I found some in Puerta Vallarta and it was only golden due to the trichs. This strain also had some red trichs. Most of the Acapulco weed I've seen has been lime green with red to maroon hairs on it. Hazy, piney scents and flavor. I have seen some stuff that is on the verge of being fruity but more of that comes from Chiapas. The color of the acapulco standard isn't as neon light green as the merida/yucatan stuff but is is a very light color green. Once you get north to michoacan the plants get very dark, orange haired, and have a very musky fruity flavor. quintana roo has some strains that I kid you not smell just like trainwreck crossed with haze.

johnnybhang

Sativa fan here and love seeing the different leaf shapes. Big ups to this thread!
Here's some genetics I got from Aqua Caliente, Mexico:

Back when the brickweed was plentiful in northern california up until the mid 90s, it was chock full of seeds. Many of those seeds would yield plants that looked just like this. You might have 3 or more different phenos if you grew out 6 seeds. Man variety is truly the spice of life. Now you know pretty much exactly what your going to get when you order seeds, not that theres nothing wrong with that. Many of those plants from mexico in the early to mid 90's were coming out of the west coast from sinaloa. Even though those buds were bricked to hell and dry as all get out they packed a major trippy high. I can only imagine what they were like farm fresh. I seems to me like once you get past a certain latitude something in the smoke changes. Not that california grown isnt as powerful, but there just seems to be a different quality in mexi plants. Mexico is home of the highest concentration of hallucinogenic plants of any region in the world, not that that has anything to do with it lol.

H

HeryRhom

The Mama Thai is great. Can smoke it all day long. Pleasant, spicy. Still allows you to do things. Happy smoke.

On growing, I would say it's hardy and can take a bit of a beating, compared to the other two. (Although the Malawi/Thai is good, too). The Mama Thai is really hard to keep down. I grow in 10oz, 16oz, 2.6L and 1.7gallon pots, keeping them in smaller pots as long as possible. In my original from-seedbank seeds I started LST way to late, and I ended up with a stalk straight up, then a circular top about 4' high and 4' diameter :D

This time, they've all been LST'ed from about the 4th-5th internode, and that has helped, but you're still pinching like mad to keep the Thais short. I also keep them (especially during stretch) very low on N, so they're a bit of a handful. However, they pack up really well. All go about 16-20 weeks (I rather go late than early)

The Malawi and the Pahari are real trippy. As in completely forgetting what you were doing, 5 secs after you got up. Got a strong rush, too. Also spicy. The Pahari smells like the charas I used to smoke in India, and is a bit calmer. I don't want to sound too stereotypical, but it does feel like the Mama Thai is like a SEAsian tropical beach, Pahari like sitting with the babas smoking a chillum on a Himalayan mountaintop, and the Malawi some crazy jungle sh-t I don't understand anything about... :))

I love how all three almost smoke like incense through the house, in a spicy sandalwood sort of way. First couple of nights I could barely sleep, and once I did I had the craziest dreams... :)) All cool, though.

----

beautiful plants, everybody. This thread and the Sat Grow thread have taught me more than any books ever did.

As you read with pleasure man, I just wanted to share this photo here :) bless bro'

Thaï SuperSkunk vs Power Malawi
picture.php

Dr.Troppo

I have followed this thread for years on icmag. This has been a source of inspiration for me for quite some time. A warm thank you to all the sativa lovers who have made this thread the quality that it is, I wont try to list names - it would be way to hard. You all know who you are :)
Old School Western Winds x F13 Male:
picture.php

picture.php

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hello all. (If you just skim this post check the vid link)

It's nice to see everyone joining in the conversation. I still have my reservations on the relevance of hemp growing and cannabis americana on any 60's to 70's era pot from the appalachia area, and even that High Times best buy award I believe came in '83 (not positive on that though) when lots of indica'd up genes were around as opposed to '73. At any rate this thread is about exchange of information and ideas so it's nice to have different opinions expressed and thanks to all who contribute.

On a new note I was just dicking around on google videos and came across this great video of Colombian marijuana from CNN. Enjoy.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2010/05/12/bs.penhaul.colombia.marijuana.cnn.html

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome vid, motaco! :D Loved the horse w/ the 50 kilos!
Teared up seeing that brink being made. Amazing none of the farmers puff. "No bad habits!" Guy's arm gestures in the field cracked me up! Thank again! :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts