What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ptg

golden lao

golden lao

at 22 weeks :canabis:
picture.php

bigwity

Veteran
my first sativa grow and im finding the buds to be real airy and strechy is this normal they look like they are massive but on closer inspection there aint much to them will they fill out or am i doing somthing wrong sorry no pics as i have no camera

bigherb

Veteran
golden laos is a beauty

id love too hear a smoke report after cure

have you run her before do you have any experience with the smoke ?

1luvbigherb

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
this is what my plant looks like but not as mature i thought i had done somthing wrong as the buds are like this airy sorry if i sound like a dumb noob

Everyone strated at beginners stage bigwity, you're at the right place to learn a lot ! happy grows !

Irie !

bigwity

Veteran
Everyone strated at beginners stage bigwity, you're at the right place to learn a lot ! happy grows !

Irie !
thankyou irie its funny, the site i used to use every1 on there would just take the piss out of any1 who asks a remotely noob question, where as on ic the people are so different, and friendly. so can you answer my original question:laughing: please thankyou

11550jamaican_sativa.jpg

How did la mano negra get a plant to grow that size??
What kind of soil does it have to be planted in?
and
What kind of fertilizer did he use?
Do they grow that big on their own or is there something extra that has to be done. Because that would be my dream to be able to grow something that big...

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
so can you answer my original question please thankyou

dumb me !

Which sativa strain are you growing ? having this information would help better reply your question as some strains produce thicker buds than others. How many weeks of flowering are they at ?
Are you growing in soil, coco, hydro ?
What feeding are you using ? some sativa react badly to everfeeding & overwatering.

Still, it is indeed quite common for sativas (most especially landraces) to produce massive-looking but airy buds especially landraces. But density doesn't make the quality !

Irie !

gkn

stlsoldier, most sativas would make trees like that if grown straight on soil (no pots), and from seed, in somewhat warm climates. if the soil is rich in nutrients, and you germ the seeds at the beggining of the spring, then these sativas would veg for 4 to 6 months before even start flowering, so they get very big and productive, lovely.

bigwity, as mriko says many pure landraces make that kind of bud...if it still looks massive from distance i don't think you've done something wrong. enjoy the sativa flowers.

blan-k-flor, lindas nenas ;)
be carefull that the oth/angolabanghi don't pass the wall...
it would be nice to plant them in that neighbor's soil

saludos

stlsoldier, most sativas would make trees like that if grown straight on soil (no pots), and from seed, in somewhat warm climates. if the soil is rich in nutrients, and you germ the seeds at the beggining of the spring, then these sativas would veg for 4 to 6 months before even start flowering, so they get very big and productive, lovely.

bigwity, as mriko says many pure landraces make that kind of bud...if it still looks massive from distance i don't think you've done something wrong. enjoy the sativa flowers.

blan-k-flor, lindas nenas ;)
be carefull that the oth/angolabanghi don't pass the wall...
it would be nice to plant them in that neighbor's soil

saludos

Ahh ok. I see now.

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.

moho

Awesome thread, mad props to everyone contributing and writing so much interesting information! I'm really a sativa fan and can't wait until I can move to a place with a cellar or walk in closet for growing these babies.
Seems like so much fun to breed your own varieties as well!

Nice pic of your twat blan-k-flor :D

BloodyTreez

Nie one Bloodytreez, colombians are a passion of mine.

picture.php

This looks so Colombian to me, for comparison, here is a Colombian Gold cutting from a few years ago:

Darn Indifferent, sure does look like the cousin, aunt or something compared to my cutting!:bump: I guess its a colombian thing. Definitely colombian no if, ands or buts about it.

Hiya bigherb

That CG cutting was the old Brazilian Seeds one from 2004. I think it's pretty typical of highland colombian strains in looks, surprises me how much that phaze resembles it, of course, we all know there is a load of colombian genes in haze, but to see a pheno that looks totally colombian is a bit surprising to me. I don;t see many Mexican phenos of Haze being grown, could it be that the Thai and Colombian genes in Haze tend to dominate?

I'm gonna ressurect that colombian line from seed in a few weeks as well as starting three other colombian gold seedlines I've collected plus some old Panama Red seeds, a Chile x Colombian hybrid and possibly some other south americans, gonna do a loads of sats 12/12 from see looking for keepers.

Probably thats what it is, Colombian and Thai genes dominate more in Hazes. I know that my haze doesn't need cold weather to purple up.

bloody treez

much respect bro shes a beauty

i damn sure anint seen no pics of that haze online ,seems diff too tomhill haze purple pheno

ime with skunk/haze during a cold spout i had seen som purle stems but they greened as it warmed ,ive had experience with a georgeous bagseed dubbed big necks she was all purple stems sparse buds with fat calxes all along the plant it grew very similar to the asian fanatsy pics

the purple haze is reported to be the colombian pheno of haze, i would agree sayin she is reminescent of som colombian gold plants pics ivee seen

id love to hear more about the history n backround info on ur haze tell us everything

im very interested in taste/aromas
1luvbigherb

Whats up BigHerb, that name is off the chain, definitely a NY name.:laughing: (brings back classroom memories)

Yeah the Purple Haze I grew out was from a few years back, Actually I had no clue exactly where she came from, just popped some seeds and there she was in all her colombian purple goodness. I made clones of her, and I have some seeds. her scent while in veg was pretty green, and bushy. The smoke now was very thick and full bodied- slightly expansive, more of a mint / pine flavour - in the pics above, she was 5 months and about a couple of weeks showing pistils, and thats close to the equator, where there is almost constant 12 hour day and nights. Plus another 4-5 months of flowering!!:jump:

at 22 weeks :canabis:
picture.php

gkn

nice one blan-k-flor !! everything you cross with Tw47 will have a distinctive leaf pattern, with a very pronounced saw.
This one has the most Trainwreck pheno that i've found so far:

tw47x3n.jpg

And to stay on topic with the ultimate sativa, here a few pics of one of my last crosses, Old Timer's Haze x Old Destroyer...

destrohaze1.jpg

destrohaze2.jpg

saludos!

bigwity

Veteran
dumb me !

Which sativa strain are you growing ? having this information would help better reply your question as some strains produce thicker buds than others. How many weeks of flowering are they at ?
Are you growing in soil, coco, hydro ?
What feeding are you using ? some sativa react badly to everfeeding & overwatering.

Still, it is indeed quite common for sativas (most especially landraces) to produce massive-looking but airy buds especially landraces. But density doesn't make the quality !

Irie !
this is where it get dicey its a clone only strain old boy blue, im feeding vitalink bloom a+b i have over fed one of them it took me ages to realise as it curled rather than burned, its fine though its a bit behind but that i can deal with they have been budding nearly 3 months not far away from being ready now. definate blue to the leaves really pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.