What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

:( This remind us how fragile is our community :-(

I hope he will be back online soon

G

Closet Funk said:
So my Indian Sativa x Ethiopian Sativa should be pretty potent.

Your Indian x Ethiopian is a cross between the South Indian sativa called Indian Mumbai mitai which was brought at Overgrow by Papienyce (bless him) and the Ethiopian highland.

An Ethiopian highland that I'm right now smoking a spliff of, by the way. :joint:

The Ethiopian is a very shorty sativa with two phenos, one less productive and more late flowering than the other. But notice that grown with a correct setup and sufficient amount of light (i.e. 100 000 lumen per square meter), I didn't see no more the two phenos. You can find a complete report of this strain here: http://strainguide.overweed.net/landrace.php?id=6

I like a lot the high of this strain. It's very fine and dreamy, one very complex high that you do not forget. The flowering time of the strain is decent even for indoor, between 9 and 11-12 weeks I'd say, according to your grow conditions.

The Indian is a totally pure tropical sativa. Unfortunately, I didn't found time to translate the template of this strain so I can not give you a link. I'll try to describe it shortly. It grows very bushy with many fine stems with very narrow leaves. She is very tall and lanky. She takes forever to finish, I harvested it at 14 weeks because the seeds were done but it could have matured at least one or two weeks more. The production is very low. This strain is very hard to grow indoor. I saw a 400W HPS grow end as a disaster, with quite nothing to smoke after 15 weeks of flowering. The high is really psychoactive. I use to decribe the high with the words: "it's like your brain was a lamp that is brutally thrown down to the soil by a man every 5 seconds". The high is really totally worst the pain caused by the grow.

The cross was not realized in very good conditions I'm sorry. I was reproducing the Indian Mumbai mitai for the first time. 5 seeds on 150 had sprouted and I saw 4 Ethiopian highland to complete the grow. I had two males of Indian. One remained pure but the other turned lately hermie. Too late, he had released his pollen already...All the 4 Ethiopians were pure females. You have seeds from this 4 females because I didn't segregate the weed when I harvested.

I expect this cross to be a real Diva. Something very hard to grow, with a considerable amount of time necessary to mature (up to 14 weeks). I hope the high will combine the dreamy altitude of the Ethiopian with the Powerful Psychoactive effect of the Mumbai mitai. I will be very interested to follow your grow, here or at the strainguide forum. I hope you 'll find time for her and that you will work on it a little bit.

Here are some pics of the grow where the cross was done.

Good vibes to you and to all at the UST

Rahan

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Hey thanks Rahan, I appreciate it. It looks like that cross is amazing shit. I like the seeds. They are the smallest seeds I've ever seen with cannabis. I'll check out the thread on your site. Once I get to them I'll do a report myself.

G

@growingfury ~> I didn't smoke the Sri Lanka weed, but my friend did and according to him it sucked in general. There were a lot of seeds in it and he threw them outside as birdseed in wintertime. At the end of February he noticed a small plant in his garden …
Years ago I grew South Indian X Skunk. A great plant and smoke, also very good for crossings.
BTW : great stuff you’re working with.
@motaco ~> I’m just worried about mold. This year I had a hot looking sativa beauty and a fast one…
8august
75078-8-06_M_x_LR_s1-topje.jpg

75079-8--006---S_1---M_x_LR-_-KLE-_-_--med.JPG

and on august 20 : :Yoinks: mold
75071_20-8_s1_--_m_x_lr_-21--med.jpg

Last year I harvested my last outside (greenhouse with holes) plant on December 4, here a pic from the end of November . As you can notice there's already snow.
7507COSinPOTje27--11--05---med.jpg

It was a good smoke, some hazy taste :D

Black Gold ?
I never smoked black weed and when I was reading some stories about it … I went dreaming :D Till some weeks ago, a friend brought me some bud of different strains. Straight for a dealer in town. I began to droop when I saw some black tops …

After smoking it, I was much less wild about it. It was indoor commercial (low)quality. So now I’m dreaming again about the black gold …
Once I read a story about a process of mixing some kind of hashoil and weed. The result was a black weed that gave a first class seat to mars (and back).

:respect:

_ ° 0 _

. :sasmokin:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
you even have mold under the greenhouse tarp like that?

just not enough airflow?

I don't know if it practical/helps or not but at the other place I frequent alot of greenhouse or backyard growers make a little tent over their plants (not all the way down but over main budsites and growth) with a couple absorbant cotton bedsheets and a polyester one on top.

The polyester one on top does a better job at beading the dew and keeping it off the plants, and the cotton ones absorb the plants perspiration or whatever you want to call it. if you cover it with plastic they make a little humidity dome all by themselves which causes mold, but the bedsheet tent keeps them drier.

I never tried it myself but some other folks swear it helps keep their mold down. putting it up when mist from rain or morning dew penetrate the sides of open air greenhouses.

Yeah when I saw those buds I thought those were the moldy buds you were talkin about. doesn't look too good.

The weed you were talking about rolled in hash and what not are specifically thai sticks. Nowadays throughout most of asia cannabis is eaten and not smoked.

But back in the day in the villages almost every family grew a plot of cannabis, and was a competitive thing like vegetable size is nowadays sorta. They would trim the wily thai buds well and tie them with a thin piece of hemp to a small bamboo splint. packing weed on the stick, wrapping tightly and continuing upwards to make it. The kief would be collected from the shake and would be put on a cloth mesh in a clay pot with a little bit of grain alcohol (also sometimes early water, an opium production by product). a rack of thai sticks would be placed above the kief and then the whole pot was placed on a low fire. The kief would heat and vaporize and when it hit the top of the specially made pot it would rain back down so the thai sticks were in what amounts to being a hash oil mister for a few hours. they'd take them out and let them dry then they were ready.

This will all be in the southeast asia section don't worry

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Its hardly even begun so strap yourself in for the long haul. lots of reading. and typing for me.

here on the left is a pic of one of those thai sticks. they weren't usually that dark though. usually a lighter green.

Last edited:

fari

I don't know if it practical/helps or not but at the other place I frequent alot of greenhouse or backyard growers make a little tent over their plants (not all the way down but over main budsites and growth) with a couple absorbant cotton bedsheets and a polyester one on top.

The polyester one on top does a better job at beading the dew and keeping it off the plants, and the cotton ones absorb the plants perspiration or whatever you want to call it. if you cover it with plastic they make a little humidity dome all by themselves which causes mold, but the bedsheet tent keeps them drier.

Did this today:

Here you can see the veil in polypropylene...

The back of the pic above is that veil...
Blessed love,

Last edited:

fari

Normally the cover is placed directly around the plant... For all those that are interested this is the thing i bought...

Bless

G

Makes me want to get my hands on some Palauan landpace seeds. I work with/know several Palauans...now I just have to bring up the weed subject.
To my knowledge, there are no Guam landraces..and if there are..I haven't run across any out here.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
fari those are the ones I was saying you should be careful of. those covers don't have marijuana plants in mind. they coat the plants in a thick dew from themselves. mold city! they are meant to protect from frost I think.

I used one in a seperate room trying to collect feminized pollen from a trainwreck. it was so wet all the pollen was no longer viable. all the work I did to make that plant spit healthy male flowers and it ruined it. I was pissed good but I learned my lesson. after seeing how much water formed all over the leaf surfaces with it I knew not to use it on a flowering plant

Last edited:

fari

Hmmm thanks for the advice, i'll see how it turns out and other wise i'll take it down...

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola motaco,
Simply put:
"Spain is different"
(old slogan,I know...but true :D)
I´m from Spain and lived here for the most part of my life(I was born in the mid 50´s...go figure :D
I have travelled a lot,I´ve been to a lot of different countries and still consider Spain as #1.
You are not thrown in jail if youre busted...well,If you don´t have at least 10 kg!! :D
PS:
I still have a T-shirt that my sister bought in new Orleans in the early 80´s.The typical drunk man and the lampost jejej it reads:
"Bourbon Street,the birthplace of Jazz" :wink:

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG!!
Dueling
stabbing under the Ole Oak Tree!!
romantic to say the least jejejej!!
:dueling:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Motoco before you head to another country give the Pacifc North West a visit. Much more liberal in the MJ laws and IMO much more tolerant of other cultures. I grew up in H-town, but live up here now.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Yes I have always enjoyed the weed and been told I would like the hill people. Got some friends go out that way snowboarding but I'd like to stay in areas for a few months. get a good feel of it. maybe one day.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to call my god friend viking Bonecarver for this thread...he lives and grows in Spain,and since his english is much much better than mine,and being foreigner,his point of view sure is intersting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.