What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I've taken up quite the renewed interest in jamaicans. hope to make that section quite nice

started up on the mexican section, still be awhile before I'm done. SOOOO much typing though. I'm makin sure I get the mexican, hawaiian, and jamaican section where I feel they've been represented the way they were supposed to.

its worth all the typing and thinking when you know people are interested in knowing it and the info isn't available anywhere else though.

G

Hey raco, it's great to see old faces from the good days :joint:

ClosetFunk, Pleased to read you here ;-)

I'll take the :lurk: and read carefully the first page of this thread, motaco. The UST was one of the best topic I ever saw at any forums, I really enjoyed it and will try to contribute as much as I can.

Here are some pics of what I'm smoking right now.

It's a modern Thaï strain collected in the city of Chiang Mai, so more in the highland part of the Thaï strains.

The high is very dreamy, longlasting, very Thaï. Although the strain was quite easy to grow, I had no males on the 6 individuals I grew. Only one pure female with which I made the seeds of the next generation. We will try to work this when growing it again.

Don't pay attention to the color of the pistils, I had to harvest the female at only 70 days or something like that because of technical reasons. Anyway, its effect is quite nice and potent, a little bit too racy due to early harvest, but damn, that's already some excellent stuff, one of the purest high I tried. It's just like your brain is looking at you from the ceiling lol

Next grow will be a Panama red 1974 grow, woaw I can't believe it, after a Jamaican grow, I'm so blessed by the people who shared these jewells with me, thanks again for this gifts, brothers, you knows who you are :)

Long life to this topic, I NEED to see SATIVA pics LOL

Good vibes all :)

Rahan

Last edited:
G

This thread will be my new home very soon..

Moving to Maui very soon...and will be growing all landrace varieties..

Mostly pure sativas..

I may keep a few things around for yield.. but will be focusing on landraces.

This thread needs to be kept alive..

Here are some shots of Apollo 11..

Not a landrace sativa but it's sativa dom..

Purple Thai

KK Strawberry cough

Last edited:
ezra,

in case you haven't seen this info about "Ketama" from Female Seeds:

Breeder : Female Seeds
Flowering Time : 8 Weeks
Origin : 90 % African sativa
Seeds Per Pack : 10

This pure strain has its ancestors in the Ketama-region and was subject to an intense breeding-program, which resulted in a very resinous outdoor-strain. Flowering starts mid-July in Holland. Buds smell like Ketama, are long and slender with an open structure. Unfortunately it needs the Marrocan climate and soil-type too, to get the pure Ketama taste. But no worries, it’s still worth the effort.

Breeder's test results: good outdoor/greenhouse performance, needs to be vegged at least 8 wks.

NOT recommended for indoor growing.
-

Also some nice photos from Ketama plants and the region...
http://www.pa-chouvy.org/Photos/Maroc_Rif2005/Maroc_Rif2005CannabisPlant.htm

Last edited:

beancounter

Veteran
nice to see this one back and thriving!

Just some Mexican Sativa freebies from Seedbay.. very intense citriusy flavor, pretty sure it's not pure, can be taken at 60 days 12/12..

lynz420's Krush, reported to be an Afghan Sativa.. Best sativa I've smoked by far, and the most unique aswell.. I know it doesn't really look like a sativa in these finished pics of lynz's, but it does everything else like one. Flowered as clones with zero veg, topped to 4 nodes (4-6") at day 15 12/12, finishing at about 2.5-3' (mine went 3'+ in summer grow), at aprox 95 days of flower. I'm sure some will remember the extensive Krush thread on OG. In veg she looks much, much more sativa. this is the only strain I've seen the fan blades get wider on while in flower, and the go from 7, 5, 3, to 1 finger leaves..

might aswell chuck this heavily sativa pheno of WW in there while I'm at it. in 1 gallon pot (8" stubby) at 55 days 12/12..

Does anyone have any information on Bushman's by Herberia? All I know is it's supposed to be an african landrace sat that takes 8 weeks to finish..

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Glad to see the thread coming along so nicely fellas.

Sorry I haven't been around last few days. Internet went out and with fall approaching the site I call home has been at the speed of more like a chatroom than a thread. Buds filling in and indica buds coming down. been distracted there for a while.

But takin care of the IC business I'm putting up the Jamaica section back on the 1st page right after I finish typing this.

I got up the text but I have a bunch of pics to add but IC keeps kicking me off. so check it tomorrow maybe.

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Excellent info on the Jamaican section. I feel that the Caribbean strains are underated and don't have much info. I'm glad I got me some Caribbean genetics to play with. Now it's just waiting to grow them. My first will definetly be the Jamaican Sativa (St.Ann).

fatboyOGOF

howdy

we used to get lots of jamaican back in the 70's. the buds were huge, great bag appeal but the high was always OK but nothing to brag about. then again there were alot of great S. american strains around and i might have been spoiled.

an oz of jamaican was twice as big as an oz of lumbo. i didn't realize there were other caribean(sp) strains. i'll have to do some reading.

thanks

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
fatboyOGOF said:
i didn't realize there were other caribean(sp) strains

Yea I got some St.Vincent seeds and also some Barbados seeds. Both are Islands in the Caribbean. I got them strictly from someone in the Caribbean.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
oh yeah there are plenty of them. well before weed became popular in the 60's too.

I don't know if its true or not but I had always heard that strain "shoreline" that is a clone only from texas and highly sought after was a cross of a cuban sativa and something else. just a rumor though I don't know.

They had some guy from OG claimed his grandfather had been growing that cuban sativa in cuba forever and when he (the grandson) moved to the states he crossed it with something and it got popular. The guy only had a few posts though he might've been full of shit. You know how that shit goes.

pics are up btw.

G

Sativa pics ?
Grow location is at NB53°. Not THE spot to grow sativa's, but we're doing our best.

Easy Sativa ~ Female Seeds ~ 2005 : vvv VVV vvv
7507Easy_Sativa-med.jpg

~

MaRoc ~ Female Seeds ~ 2005 : vvv VVV vvv
7507GroteFoto_PHGNG66A.jpg

7507maroc-med.jpg

~

Sri Lanka ~ landrace (?) ~ 2006 ~friend's garden : vvv VVV vvv
7507SRILANKAWWW22-9-med.jpg

7507Sri_Lanka-W-22-9.jpg

~

Sri Lanka ~ right, same plant as above ~ and Skunk19 X Haze ~ left ~NirvanaSeeds : vvv VVV vvv
750722-09-06W-med.jpg

:respect:

_ ° 0 _

. :sasmokin:

G

nice pics :D

_ ° O _, how was the Sri Lanka? I have few seeds of a Sri Lanka strain and am wondering if it's very different from South Indian sativas or not.

La Mano Negra, is the Ethiopian the E. highland from African seeds or another Ethiopian strain?

Good vibes to all at the UST :)

Rahan/growingfury

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Ethiopian weed is regarded as the strongest and purest weed direct from god by many rastas.

o0

those plants look like they are doing pretty good where your at. congrats keep it up. your worried about frost before they finish or something?

La Mano Negra good to see you around again.

are those congo and ethiopian commercial available (ace or african seedbank seeds?) they look great

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The rasta Mortimo Planner said that the strongest herb on earth is the "Black Magic",from El Gojam Valley in Ethiopia :D

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I don't know if its the same strain but i've seen this one ridiculous looking black sativa from africa from several different locations. Always insane stories come from that bud.

It always comes from hell on earth. The people I talked to personally that smoked it got it in Liberia!!! (where they have child soldiers and hack off peoples limbs with machetes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts