What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

poplars

wowow I love this thread. I've been hoping there was a community such as this, thank you all for the community you have created here. I hope to contribute in my own way this summer with the sativas I will be growing from mexico, and the philipines.

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tiphat::wave:
Manga Rosa - 120 days flowering..
picture.php

Saludoss
n

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I bought weed from a guy recently who gave me some varying grades of pot, but also some great pure sativa. Best I've had in years. Last time I got some he told me that despite whatever names are on the bud container that they are really nameless strains from brick weed seeds he gave to the guy he gets the weed from.

I think I believe him because who would lie and say that their weed is grown from shwag seed? lol.

Smoke report:
Feather weight buds. Single braids of some fox tails measure over two inches. Buzz off a bong rip hits almost instantaneous and sends you reeling. A non expansive smoke, it goes down smooth but comes back out a bit hot. Instant uplifting feeling and you immediately want to pack another hit. First few minutes can be a bit racy, and anxious as the stone comes on. A rising, almost floaty feeling washes over you slowly that replaces the anxiety. The high lasts for a long time. It is a pure and clean sativa buzz, with no trace of indica. There is no body stone. Only a head high that is surprisingly multi dimensional and well rounded. It's a fulfilling stone and you don't feel like you have to mix weeds to make it feel complete. It is a refreshing and upbeat stone. Gives great giggle fits over silly stuff and is a social high that allows for free flowing conversation. The high is clear, and allows for good concentration. It is great for video games, or writing, or other engaging activities. Another great aspect is the high seems to gradually wear off with no heavy burn out. Smells generically fruity with undertones of pine and chocolate. Some of the best and most pure sativa I've gotten to smoke in many years.

and a bud broken up so you can see how long the fox tails are

This is some indica type citrus smelling weed. Nothing to write home about. Bought from that same guy.

That is what I've been smoking lately. If any of you ever wanted to know what weed grown from some Mexican shwag seed looks like when it isn't old and compressed now you have seen it. Sativa and an indica hybrid.

Last edited:

Rinse

Veteran
Looks good motaco, funny how too completely different strains look quite similar when grown in the same environment.

DRorganic

Veteran
motaco i grew out a plant that came up in a planter one year that came from some Mexican swag .and it had wispy buds and smelled like pine resin off the tree.and man that was some strong sativa soon as you smoked it you stood straight up it was like being on strong speed .it was smooth and did not expand in the lungs. the high was very clear.
the only down side is that after the come down you got burnt out. but it was my first plant ever grown. i liked the high so much i keep a clone and crossed it to serious seeds ak47. that's when i realized that i was a sativa/haze lover. i never got to smoke it the first time.as some one trowed a joint with a seed in it in my mothers outdoor plant and it came up out of no wear on its own. it had wide leafs at first but when it started to stretch and flower the leafs changed to very thin serrated leafs very sativa looking .that's why i never judge a plant early on in veg to be indaca or sativa .i always wait till i put them into flower to find out a plants true pheno as far as the plants leaf pattern .
by the way nice score.

Madjag

Veteran
Foxtail Mexi from the 70's

Foxtail Mexi from the 70's

Smoke report:
Feather weight buds. Single braids of some fox tails measure over two inches. Buzz off a bong rip hits almost instantaneous and sends you reeling. A non expansive smoke, it goes down smooth but comes back out a bit hot. Instant uplifting feeling and you immediately want to pack another hit. First few minutes can be a bit racy, and anxious as the stone comes on. A rising, almost floaty feeling washes over you slowly that replaces the anxiety. The high lasts for a long time. It is a pure and clean sativa buzz, with no trace of indica. There is no body stone. Only a head high that is surprisingly multi dimensional and well rounded. It's a fulfilling stone and you don't feel like you have to mix weeds to make it feel complete. It is a refreshing and upbeat stone. Gives great giggle fits over silly stuff and is a social high that allows for free flowing conversation. The high is clear, and allows for good concentration. It is great for video games, or writing, or other engaging activities. Another great aspect is the high seems to gradually wear off with no heavy burn out. Smells generically fruity with undertones of pine and chocolate. Some of the best and most pure sativa I've gotten to smoke in many years.

That is what I've been smoking lately. If any of you ever wanted to know what weed grown from some Mexican shwag seed looks like when it isn't old and compressed now you have seen it. Sativa and an indica hybrid.

Hey Motaco,

I remember that look. Once in awhile, back in the 1970's, fairly un-pressed sativa came in via Bisbee/Douglas to Tempe. It was a foxtail pheno, light and airy, and could send a neophyte into anxious worry. Strong in many ways however always peaceful at the plateau.

Nice connection.

Madjag

Message of Love

Mandala Kalichakra

Mandala Kalichakra

A couple of shots of my Mandala Kalichakra. Harvested three days and now hanging up to dry. These are the two main colas from my two lovely ladies. I grew them under two 150 hps. I grew five plants under these two lights so these two plants didn't even get the best light. My small grow space was too crowded and I learned not to do that again. I'm very pleased with the results all the same. The Kalichakra was very easy to grow and I'd definitely grow it again. I think if I give it the proper light and attention it deserves it would be a super producer. A real winner in my book.

Attachments

• IMG_7401.jpg
    IMG_7401.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7402.jpg
    IMG_7402.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 13
YUM! Durban .. .. I just love how those buds smell and smoke .. .. And best of all .. Its some of the easiest weed to grow! :D

Congrats on a fat harvest!

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've still got about 30 african seeds durban as well as there swazi red,there old seed and have got bad germination rates as i grew 3/4 out a few years ago but all were male but i do plan on hopefully using them in future projects.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I've still got about 30 african seeds durban as well as there swazi red,there old seed and have got bad germination rates as i grew 3/4 out a few years ago but all were male but i do plan on hopefully using them in future projects.

What ever happened to those guys? I am still kicking myself in the ass for not ordering their whole catalog when they were still on the boo...

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Awesome report Motaco!
Thanks

I believe that most seed can be grown to be kind if they get plenty of love and proper growth.

Well some can. I think more then ever before can now. What you see in Mexico happening is huge. For instance the legendary "El Bufalo" ranches/plantations that people barely believed back in the early 80s. Well they found one four times that large just a couple of months after busting a stash house with 140 tons in it. The people behind such massive and organized grows aren't using ditch weed seed.

I remember though in the late 90s when I used to grow Mexican bag seed there are quite a few strains that produce good sized buds, but hardly any resin. Also many strains that are basically drug cultivar ditch weed. They grow leafy long flowering trashy weed. It'll get you high the quality of grass is garbage.

Now I think that most of those loosely tended large fields are being replaced by more intensely cultivated patches. And that along with that every year more of the ditchweed is being replaced with better quality genetics that have become widely available in the country.

kimio

hello!
here`s my last summers outdoor, seeds from morocco crossed with local landrace sativa which by itself is a poor smoke to have, but i had to make the cross so the moroccans feel the climate here and can adopt better, atleast i tought that`s the right thing to do even though it lowered the potency of the seeds coming out from this cross..
my last grow with these seeds.. as year by year i crossed them each to another not involving other strains [the high was really my kinda type of high] which resulted the potency to go lower and lower...

needed both hands to hold the main one :>

the high just grabbed me and pushed forward from the back while i felt like my head is the only thing i have left from my body [the rest was just helpless piece of water and bones hangin around and making heads orders to happen], my hands etc. were just moving by themself without my word as the last about the movement.. of course it was all allright, nothing inadecvate..
a bit hard to explain fully..

anyways, from all these trees i harvested something around half a kilo..
still strongly remember cutting it all... woah..
:tiphat:

Last edited:
E

elmanito

hello!
here`s my last summers outdoor, seeds from morocco crossed with local landrace sativa which by itself is a poor smoke to have, but i had to make the cross so the moroccans feel the climate here and can adopt better, atleast i tought that`s the right thing to do even though it lowered the potency of the seeds coming out from this cross..
my last grow with these seeds.. as year by year i crossed them each to another not involving other strains [the high was really my kinda type of high] which resulted the potency to go lower and lower...

needed both hands to hold the main one :>

the high just grabbed me and pushed forward from the back while i felt like my head is the only thing i have left from my body [the rest was just helpless piece of water and bones hangin around and making heads orders to happen], my hands etc. were just moving by themself without my word as the last about the movement.. of course it was all allright, nothing inadecvate..
a bit hard to explain fully..

anyways, from all these trees i harvested something around half a kilo..
still strongly remember cutting it all... woah..
:tiphat:

There is a possibility to find a wonderful pheno with medicinal properties because of the CBD.Not everyone wants to get high.Which local sativa strain did you use???

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

2CAB

hello!

Hi Kimio !
Thanx for the pictures...
I was also wondering which low potency sativa you had as i'm interested in low potency strains ? It's a landrace from where ?

Thank you :)

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Kali Mist, different phenos...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wow that is some beautiful plants right there. I wish I could have plants like that grow in my window. Id decorate the whole house lol... I wish I had some Kali Mist to sample. I swear it is one of the most interesting strains to read about, and dream about lol.. I wish I had spare money to buy like 5 packs of 10, and do a serious pheno hunt.... Can anyone PM me and tell me about this strain (Phenos to expect, and how she smokes). I really want a 100% in the head cerebral warming exciting inspirational smoke with no couchlock at all. Seems like there is not many threads with a lot of info on Kali Mist. I hear there are some great pre 98 clones passed around.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Found this article by Chris SImmons in a recent High Times.

THE WAR ON GRINGO BILLY

William Dekle is doing life without parole for flying planeloads of marijuana into the United States during the '70s and '80s. By: CHRIS SIMMONS

Having spent his early years growing up on a farm in Union County in the north of Florida, William Dekle, a.k.a. "Gringo Billy," dreamed of being a cowboy like Rowdy Yates, Clint Eastwood's character in the early '60s TV show "Rawhide". His career path changed when he was 16, after he took a bus down to Miami to visit his cousin Reggie. Reggie had a student-pilot's license and took him out for a night flight cruising back and forth over Magic City. Farm boy that he was, machines always fascinated Billy, and an airplane was the ultimate machine. He got a private pilot's license at age 17 and a commercial certificate a year later. Though he hasn't seen the inside of a cockpit in over 20 years, when you ask him about twin engine airplanes, you find there's still a little jet fuel running through his veins.

"My favorite was the Beechcraft J-50 Twin Bonanza," he says. "It was the strongest built airplane I've ever seen. When traversing the Caribbean Sea, you you can encounter some pretty bad weather. We did not carry enough fuel to be able to navigate around large thunderstorms, nor did we have the luxury of being able to land and wait them out. The only choice we had was to tighten out seatbelts and contine on. I've encountered turbulence so extreme that my eyes were unable to focus on the instrument panel. The Twin Bonanza wasn't the fastest, but it had powerful 340-hp geared, supercharged engines which enabled it to get into the air whith a minimum of ground run-which was very desirable when the strip was rough and a cow or a donkey could walk out in front of you at almost any time."

His father had a business planting grass along highways, and Billy went to work dropping seed across the state of Florida. When the business went bus in the mid '70s, he got a job paving roads, but it didn't pay and the ground wasn't really where he preffered to spend his time anyway.

"The aviation communityin Gainesville, Daytona, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, and Lake City was small, and it was easy to tell who was having success and who was having bad luck in ghe airborne importation industry," he recalls. "I knew a few pilots who had entered the marijuana smuggling business, and I did not feel any different towards them than I did before they were smuggling. I had felt the same way back in the '60s when quite a few of my friends began smoking marijuana. I didn't feel like that somehow transformed them into bad people."

He thought smuggling was going to be easy. It wasn't. It took him three trips before he could complete a sucessful haul, but once he got the swing of it, he began to crave the adrenaline rush. He went where the pot was. Colombia, Nicaragua, Jamaica, the Bahamas and Belize. Each destination had its own advatages and perils. The Colombians were professionals and the deals came off without incident, but they were armed to the teeth, and Billy always had the feeling that if there ever was a problem with them, it would be a big one. Jamaica was chaos- sometimes they'd switch loads on him, or he'd fly all th way to the island only to have no one show up. Belize was laid back and the pot was excellent. They had runways in cow pastures and cane fields. Sometimes, when he landed back in America, there were still sugar cane stalks stuck to his wings.

In a single engine Cessna or Piper, Billy could haul 800 to 950 pounds; his trusty twin engine Beechcraft B-50 was good for half a ton; and if he could get his hands on an Aero Commander 690, he could do 2,000 pounds easy. Every two to six weeks, he had anywhere from 20K to 55K coming in, but it was the '70s and he lived large. Gasoline might have been cheap, but cocaine was $2400 an ounce."I guess Robert Palmer said it best," Billy says today: "'There's no telling where the money went.'"

A bust down in Jamaica in November of 1979 set off a series of events from which he never recovered. The load wasn't ready, so Billy cut his engines and waited. When the pot was finallyi n the plane, he heard gunfire. Before he could turn over the engines, a policeman had a shotgun trained on his head. It seems a $15,000 bribe he paid out never made it to the local cops. Two lawyers, several more bribes and 30 days in jail later, Billy was allowed to leave Jamaica. But two of his partners were still locked up, and Billy set out to find the money to free them the only way he knew how- smuggling marijuana.

In 1981, he was indicted on 18 counts in a RICO case that covered smuggling activity between 1977 and '79. Looking at 30 years, Billy caught a break when the government's star witness was tripped up on the stand telling lies, and he took a plea of two years (most of which he'd already served) and five years' probation.

"At that point, I thought we had won," Billy says now. "But I learned something about court, and that was: They don't give up easy." Over the next decade of so, Billy was indicted twice more by the Feds on RICO conspiracy charges. When he wasn't in court or in jail, he was smuggling as much as he could to get money for lawyers. Convicted and sentenced to five years, Billy did a year in the Milan FCI in Michigan, then was transferred to Tallahassee, where he did another year before making parole. In Tallahassee, he met a lot of of old friends who were all making plans for what they would do when they got out; most of those plans were of an illegal nature. Before he got out, the Feds got Billy on another RICO charge, this time for the hauls he'd made in 1980 to raise the cash he needed to get his buddies out of prison in Jamaica.Things went from bad to worse. More of his business partners were getting busted. Billy skipped parole in 1987, figuring that when they caught him, he'd get 10 years. He decided he'd deal with that moment when it came.

But in the three years that Billy was a fugitive, laws changed. When the Feds finally caught up with im, the ony way he was going to get 10 years was to roll over on every one he knew. For Gringo Billy, the farm kid who once wanted to be like Clint Eastwood when he grew up, this was not an option. In the end, he got a life sentence for conspiracy to import over 1,000 kilos of marijuana, and another life sentence for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute those same 1,000 kilos. Getting two life sentences for the same load of weed is what Billy refers to as "the ol' doubly whammy." On top of that, he got four more 30 year sentences for possession with intent to distribute over 100 kilos of marijuana. The 30 year sentenes were also a part of that original load of over 1,000 kilos.

"I've lost count on how many whammies that comes to," Billy says now. With sentencing enhancements due to his prior convictions, Billy is not eligible for parole. Yes, that is right. He's serving life without parole for smuggling marijuana. With over 20 years already spent in prison, the only light Billy sees at the end of his tunnel is a presidential pardon. I'm sure most readers of this magazine would agree that importing marijuana into this country is no worse of a crime than importing fine wine. So the next time you smoke a joint, think for a moment about those who paved the way before you, and then think what you might be able to do to hlep.

For more info go to pardonbilly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.