What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hi mexcurandero i would guess the CBD would be around 0.02% in Thai sativas well ones we smoked that analysis company is in Holland and that flower pic looks nothing like Thai.

Since when are you an authority when we talk about Thai weed.This could be grown at the Chinese border with mixed genetics.:rasta:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thai strains can have a lot of cbd, especially at the border(Chang Mai area) where the locals grow the plants for both cooking, fiber and smoking ....

mexcurandero420

Veteran
Thailand is big, but no border with China I see, only with Laos, Vietnam & Burma.My mistake.Could always be mixed genetics.Chinese genetics can contain CBD, which is btw a booming business in Yunnan.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Thailand is big, but no border with China I see, only with Laos, Vietnam & Burma.My mistake.Could always be mixed genetics.Chinese genetics can contain CBD, which is btw a booming business in Yunnan.

There are large Chinese communities in Thailand, tribal groups present for centuries, their influence can be seen in many things, from different ways of selecting and making fish fight, to food and language ...

mexcurandero420

Veteran
There are large Chinese communities in Thailand, tribal groups present for centuries, their influence can be seen in many things, from different ways of selecting and making fish fight, to food and language ...

That's right and you can find especially in the north i think communities which grow hemp for fibres and perhaps for food too.

Attachments

• Wimol Punsupa in his hemp field.jpg
    Wimol Punsupa in his hemp field.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 25

Stocktont

Veteran
Simple if Thai sativas had high CBD you not get high from them.

All the seized cannabis that was analysis in Australia a lot of that would be sativa from Asian and other parts had very low CBD in them also.

samples were analysed that had been seized by police from larger indoor or outdoor cultivation sites rather than from street level users. An HPLC method was used to determine the content of 9 cannabinoids: THC, CBD, cannabigerol (CBG), and their plant-based carboxylic acid precursors THC-A, CBD-A and CBG-A, as well as cannabichromene (CBC), cannabinol (CBN) and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THC-V). The “Cannabis Cautioning” samples showed high mean THC content (THC+THC-A?=?14.88%) and low mean CBD content (CBD+CBD-A?=?0.14%). A modest level of CBG was detected (CBG+CBG-A?=?1.18%) and very low levels of CBC, CBN and THC-V (<0.1%). “Known Provenance” samples showed no significant differences in THC content between those seized from indoor versus outdoor cultivation sites. The present analysis echoes trends reported in other countries towards the use of high potency cannabis with very low CBD content. The implications for public health outcomes and harm reduction strategies are discussed.

”If thai sativas had high CBD you not get high from them.”

statements like that, and other absolute statement that are just stupid. If you only smoke CBD and fill up your receptors for lack of a better way to explain it, then you can’t, for some time, get high on THC. That is pretty far from saying if there were high CBD ratios in thai weed, you wouldn’t get high. What do you mean by that? That the effects change, of course they would, but would there be no effects?

If you’d cared to read the rest of my long ramblings you should have understood that I asked if anyone credible (yes that means not you) had any test results, more than say one or a generalized one given by aussie police, lol. What other cannabinoids, even in small amounts compared to say THC and CBD, had they seen etc.

But please try to find a copy paste that supports your crazy claim that if weed have some CBD in it, you can’t get high from it.

Stocktont

Veteran
There has been a strong influence from the chines culture in the south of Thailand as well, not an isolated thing of the north, it is true for most of Asia.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You smoke high CBD cannabis stocktont its not a pleasant experience Thais i grow and grew were all high THC low CBD.

Stocktont

Veteran
dude why can’t you read what I write, I am not arguing that Thai has high CBD, you were arguing that there were none, or no one with higher CBD, how do you know this? That was my point. You demonstrate like most times that yes, you didn’t know shit but you want to argue with me over something I am not even arguing, using ”facts” like you won’t get high if there’s CBD in the weed. You didn’t say it wouldn’t be pleasant or what you prefer, you said literally ”you won’t get high”. Don’t you see the problem? And I wasn’t even trying to convince you that Thai weed has high CBD…

the whole point, instead of just butting heads, was that other cannabinoids have effect on how we experience smoking that weed, it’s part of the profile. It will also, in some cases (or all?) change some of the effect of THC making it a different high. This is part of what makes all these different smoking experiences right… I agree that most thai, or south east asian or whatever you chose to call it, probably has low CBD levels, but I don’t know that as I only smoked a lot, never tested it and analyses the data to see if there’s anything there to indicate the different types that are perceived within what we are now talking about as Thai, south east asian or even ”Sativa” though we all know we should stop using that term as we are not referring to Hemp now are we Hempy?

All you who say you smoked this ”Chocolate Thai” did you think they smoked exactly the same as ”normal” or ”Green” thai or other name for these - usually thin leafed - tropical treats? I didn’t when I smoke what I call ”Brown” which I suspect would be something similar to what is referred to as Chocolate in the west and obviously also in Australia. There were a few things that led me to believe that they had a different composition of essential oils be it cannabinoids and/or other substances.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I argued that non of the Thai stick was high CBD and i stand by that and if Thailand had high THC and high CBD sativas then why are the Thia university along with the Southern Cross university in Australia and many others including Israelis all developing strains of high THC and High CBD if they all ready existed.

I have grown and smoked Thais for over 40 years Chock Thai or as i call it high land Thai sativas smoked very different to the low land Thia. Colombians are different again as are African.

Stocktont

Veteran
I argued that non of the Thai stick was high CBD and i stand by that and if Thailand had high THC and high CBD sativas then why are the Thia university along with the Southern Cross university in Australia and many others including Israelis all developing strains of high THC and High CBD if they all ready existed.

I have grown and smoked Thais for over 40 years Chock Thai or as i call it high land Thai sativas smoked very different to the low land Thia. Colombians are different again as are African.

so how about that not getting high bit? you never argued that?

what was the difference when you smoked the ”choco/highland” compared to ”lowland”? How do you know the other one came from ”lowland”?

in fact, what is highland and what is lowland? do you mean elevation over the ocean or something else?

none of the terms are thai so it’s kind of hard to know where it’s supposed to reference to with those terms ”choco” ”highland” and ”lowland”.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hempy, I no longer want to clash with anyone, and not even with you, the laboratories look for / select a certain plant, with certain active ingredients ... Here nothing has to do with this, we are talking about cannabis grown in large quantities to be exported, I saw the images of those plants grown by Giraffe Women, and I talked to those who stayed with them for some time ... Too many stereotypes and too many myths among smokers, thank god there are photographs to see and what cultivated at the time, all of which reminds me of everything that has been repeated for years about original haze, and then blown away thanks to JohnnyChicago and MadMac ....
However, in Thailand there is still excellent genetics that have survived in rural areas ....
Names are just names, although I'm sure Australia has been lucky enough to be overrun with fantastic genetics ....

mexcurandero420

Veteran

You can register new varieties, but not the varieties which are already in the public domain and used for a very long time.

Bud Jones

I'm writting this to ask how can all these breeders Chocolate Thai be fake or are they all different phenos, I say that because a lot of people say it was early water as an excuse cause there chocolate is not the one that actually has the correct taste... Leads me to believe this more a pheno thing like DJ's blueberry because the real mecoy has been offically lost so everything that gives off similar smells is considered chocolate yes it has it in there but through inbreeding and crossing the magic plant has been lost yet to be recreated by those who dare.. Or is their a magical time period where a plant cant adapt a smell and a taste and if it is what make it so locked in it can be replicated through reproduction
Curious how DJ’s Blueberry has been “officially” declared lost? I assure you, she’s around and well ..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
This was drawohs chocolate thai photography by himself...not sure if it was actually a pure chocolate thai (looks like a hybrid of highland thai/choc thai)...but it isnt a small compact plant but huge stretchy and long flowering

Bottom picture is the thai-tanic wich used a supposed chocolate thai/thai stick mother....one that looked quite similar to hempys thai

manipulative post again. this is how drawoh´s choc thai looks and it is not long flowering plant, pics right from Drawoh:
133140217_Large_.JPG
133140220_Large_.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Drawoh got it from DNA genetics, DNA got only few seeds and made indica selection to their own words. and Drawoh did his selection of it. when they were able to select towards indica phenos, it was not pure thai. I read few reports of red thai from rsc and all say: sweet and fruity. again we are talking the line which put out chocolate plants consistently, not about lonesome chocolate pheno among fruity ones..

Limeygreen

Veteran
DNA got seeds out of a bag of chocolate thai or something like that was the story I recall then gave seeds to drawoh from their bulk up.

Chocolate thai seemed to be smaller of a plant with the pictures DJ posted of what he grew in Oregon way back, very narrow leafs though, although the plants were not in ideal situations.

My best guess is that the chocolate thai was simple a variety that tastes like chocolate cocoa powder, who has it is a different story, it could from issan like has been suggested but I would wager against dna and drawoh having the same chocolate thai that dj and others remember.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy, I no longer want to clash with anyone, and not even with you, the laboratories look for / select a certain plant, with certain active ingredients ... Here nothing has to do with this, we are talking about cannabis grown in large quantities to be exported, I saw the images of those plants grown by Giraffe Women, and I talked to those who stayed with them for some time ... Too many stereotypes and too many myths among smokers, thank god there are photographs to see and what cultivated at the time, all of which reminds me of everything that has been repeated for years about original haze, and then blown away thanks to JohnnyChicago and MadMac ....
However, in Thailand there is still excellent genetics that have survived in rural areas ....
Names are just names, although I'm sure Australia has been lucky enough to be overrun with fantastic genetics ....

Facts are important Willybread high CBD is not a pleasant affect or would high CBD cannabis give the affect of the Thia stick people decades later still talk of.

I have grown Thais for many decades i have some understanding of what am talking about.

I never went to Thailand but a friend did regularly even Nevil went to Thailand and yet even Nevil found better Thai being grown here decades later.

All the Thai we grew here and still grow here most originate from seed found in imported Thai stick and some was collected from within Thailand.Thai was collected during the Nam war also the us air force largest bases were in Thailand.

What did JohnnyChicago and MadMac reveal about haze that was not all ready public knowledge ?.