What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bump:I’m familiar with Chocolate Thai a.k.a. Buddha Thai circa 1981 & 1982 , it was getting shipped to the East Coast in vacuum packed kilo bags various shades from light brown With gold & red hues to dark , flowers were intense sticky intensely potent also have a banging knock you down type of high you would call it narcotic these days also there was random seeds .... it is extinct:biggrin: don’t ya think?

tcherno

Oops,

We'll be fixed pretty soon I think, anyway thanks to the people who made it possible for it to end up in my hands.

Their work will never be lost.

I will keep you informed of the evolution of the little ones, they have just cracked today 6/6.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it is extinct:biggrin: don’t ya think?

well it is not.. some people have it, choc thai 78 line is in PNW or dutch flowers version etc.. question is how reproduction was done, how many plants were used and what selection was done, if it was not bottle necked and so on..

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well it is not.. some people have it, choc thai 78 line is in PNW or dutch flowers version etc.. question is how reproduction was done, how many plants were used and what selection was done, if it was not bottle necked and so on..

Whoever the Thai farmers were originally did one hell of a job:blowbubbles:Long long gone

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Whoever the Thai farmers were originally did one hell of a job:blowbubbles:Long long gone
In the 20 years i have posted on line read the forums i have yet to see any real high land Thai that is what people call choc Thai.

It is still out there in the hands of some growers along with other important lines from the past.

rolandomota

Is it available for purchase ? No, that's the answer of wether it's extinct or not it doesn't do any good in someone's garden or fridge just sitting their doing nothing

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Is it available for purchase ? No, that's the answer of wether it's extinct or not it doesn't do any good in someone's garden or fridge just sitting their doing nothing

Just because things are not commercially available dose not mean there sitting in peoples fridges doing nothing people do grow them smoke them and that is what its about.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s definitely one of the strains worthy of incredible memories

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
picture.php

funkyhorse

3 of the 4 CTF5(Chocolate Thai F5 DCC release) girls look similar almost like clones with the same stretch(x2) after 4 weeks
The fourth one is an indica or runt with just 35% stretch but similar looking leaves and this year male doesnt look like my last year boy but similar to this year girls. Last year boy was very stretchy(x7) and had leaves of up to 13 leaflets with the featured leaflet. This year all 5 plants showed sex after 10-12 days, they dont seem to look spindly so far.
This is CTF5 1 28 days flowering
picture.php

This is CTF5 2 28 days flowering. For comparison, in the back is THH3 from Xiskito repro. With one more week in flower, the less stretchy of the 3 THH3 girls I have at 35 days is at 2.7 stretch and have less developed buds. The THH 3 showed sex after 25-27 days, they are all under a 11/13 light
picture.php

This is Northern Thailand 2008 from Derg Corra Collective. It was collected by a swedish traveller at Northern Thailand in 2008, no idea about exact location. After 1 week in the flowering room it is showing x1.5 stretch. Very difficult seeds to sprout and get going, they all get mutations and only a few of them come out of it and start growing normally. I am curious about this one
picture.php

funkyhorse

I remembered right what I read, I was doubting it
From this post:
https://www.grower.ch/forum/threads...nd-um-eigene-samen.93092/page-20#post-1869715

"...Wegen der DrawohCT:
Ich habe ein paar Seeds von Howard's Chocolate Thai-Nachzucht
(2.5 repro), aber dazu komme ich erst später ... habe viel Zeit"...

and this one:
https://www.grower.ch/forum/threads...nd-um-eigene-samen.93092/page-25#post-1880807
"Das Projekt der DrawohCT-Repro beginnt im Spätsommer bzw. Herbst."

So whoever is growing the Derg Corra repro, it is the Drawoh line taken to F5, I will make it to F6 and cross it with hazes just for the fun of it

need4weed

Veteran
I could be wrong but I've read something different a while back in this famous dutch forum (Op**Gr**) and it seemed that San got his Chocolate Thai from Chris at Woodhorse and not thru Drawoh...

Woodhorse Chocolate Thai was sourced originally from the defunct Dutch Flowers seed co.

Is woodhorse still around? I have his chemo and herijuana but they dont seem to be viable anymore. I wanted to reorder but can find the site

3rd-3yed

Veteran
...So whoever is growing the Derg Corra repro, it is the Drawoh line taken to F5, I will make it to F6 and cross it with hazes just for the fun of it

It seems like San did another Choc Thai reproduction with Drawoh seeds before or nearly around the same time in 2017 that he was getting to the Wordhorse/Dutch flowers version...

So Drawoh (CT 2.5) is just another unrelated line to this current Dutch Flowers CT F5 offered via the Derg Corra collective. Quote from San in 2019:

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/52613-sangear/page/19/?tab=comments#comment-786982

" i recieved CT as F4 (via woodhorse) and made F5 for derg corra. it was avalílable over at **** but it went out fast, of course.
maybe i make another f5/f6, but i "just" played with CT (2017), so it
could take a while until i release her again.

about the plants:
the original dutch flowers description still fits like a glove
default_wink.png

here are some infos about the CT via DF themselves:"
https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Chocolate_Thai/Dutch_Flowers/
https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Chocolate_Trip/Dutch_Flowers/

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
This is what the description of the pic below says

DJ Short in Eugene, Oregon, in November 1979, holding a Chocolate Thai marijuana plant.Courtesy of DJ Short

yes bro. I dont doubt anything of it. I just doubt that plant is pure thai. if somebody can correct me and show stocky bushy plant from thai landrace line, I will shut up :D until that I will think it is hybrid, maybe from Thailand. but not pure sativa, also flowering time 12/14 weeks from seed, seems not like pure thai. of course I take word "pure" as virtual part of some concept, not as real object.