What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

I agree more of a fruity taste. Never tasted chocolate in it. I'm doing Chocolope Kush rite now I'll see what that tastes like.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
It has to be recreated if you ask me and I also get tired people who don't no anything about chocolate thia always talking about DJ short use that name so do not call it chocolate thia well DJ I have much respect for but he do not have anything to do with the name chocolate thia it was around way before blueberry and that always was the name he did not make up the name

hey newbie:), nobody said dj short sells choc thai, he used it in breeding back in the days and in some of his lines, you can find choc tasting phenos.. nobody said it looks like choc thai..

and billy goat had to use real deal in his trainwreck x choc thai, as my choco wreck is really brownish at the end of flowering, but yes still not pure choc thai...

:tiphat:

Wild Seed

Planning to run Visions Choco Bud (Chocolope x Chocolate Thai) and Sensi #140 (Chocolope (Choc Thai pheno) x Hindu Kush), plus some Deep Chunk. Hoping to find and match any chocolate and Thai leaners. The Vision strain is cheap but looks alot like Choc Thai, worth a shot.

I also ran some bubba chunk that was super chocolatey.
Do you remember the breeder? Sounds a solid indica.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Planning to run Visions Choco Bud (Chocolope x Chocolate Thai) and Sensi #140 (Chocolope (Choc Thai pheno) x Hindu Kush), plus some Deep Chunk. Hoping to find and match any chocolate and Thai leaners. The Vision strain is cheap but looks alot like Choc Thai, worth a shot.

Do you remember the breeder? Sounds a solid indica.

Cannacopia I believe. From hemp depot several years ago.

funkyhorse

Hi Tcherno, I am curious what you will find
Last year I had two males from that Chocolate Thai F5 release from DCC
One was an indica male I culled and the other was a sativa which got to almost 3 meters on a 20 liter pot and had this leaflet feature
picture.php

I crossed it with NL5xH F3 from TSCo and this year I had 2 girls. One is leaning to the sativa father and has the same leaflet feature as both parents had. I kept him long time and didnt have any hermie trait, I am curious about this cross
NL5xH F3 x CTF5 1
picture.php

picture.php

And this is the other girl leaning more to her mother
NL5xH F3 xCTF5
picture.php
picture.php

funkyhorse

This year I am running more seeds from the same CTF5 pack from DCC. I have 4 girls and 1 boy
1 girl is indica with indica stretch:
picture.php

The other 3 girls and the boy are more sativa leaning but none look like the male I had last year
picture.php

CTF5 1
picture.php
CTF5 3
picture.php

tcherno

great. good luck with DCC version guys, what is origin for this version?

This is originally the Dutch flower version, here is its description

We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone's preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.

funkyhorse

This is originally the Dutch flower version, here is its description

We obtained Chocolate Thai from growers in Hawaii (who also sourced our Lemon Thai, already offered here). The Chocolate Thai had a classically thunderous, soaring high that immediately won everyone's preference. Unfortunately, the superb quality came with a 14 week flowering period price tag. The buds were incredibly aromatic and resin coated, but very spindly, with strings venturing on their own out of the thin main floral cluster, giving it an overall skimpy braided look. Curious structure, definitely landrace looking, but hardly productive even outdoors. Our Chocolate Thai source had warned that to obtain a reasonable yield outdoors, his method was to crowd many plants in a limited space outdoors, in a style reminiscent of hemp grown for fiber.

I also remember that the DCC(Derg Corra Collective) description for this strain included a warning for possible hermies.
From what I read in a german forum, this is the Drawoh line shared with the seedmaker Santero at version 2.5 and he took it over to F5

tcherno

I also remember that the DCC(Derg Corra Collective) description for this strain included a warning for possible hermies.
From what I read in a german forum, this is the Drawoh line shared with the seedmaker Santero at version 2.5 and he took it over to F5

Thank you for the additional information

3rd-3yed

Veteran

I could be wrong but I've read something different a while back in this famous dutch forum (Op**Gr**) and it seemed that San got his Chocolate Thai from Chris at Woodhorse and not thru Drawoh...

Woodhorse Chocolate Thai was sourced originally from the defunct Dutch Flowers seed co.