What's new

Lemon Skunk in the Pacific North West

P

PNWorganic420

Hello Everyone,
Thought I would start a thread on Lemon Skunk in the North West just to see what turns up.

I am hoping to track down a cut for a breeding project. Originally these seeds were available through Greenhouse as well as DNA.
Currently out of stock at greenhouse and I am not sure about DNA. From what I understand they are both S1s of a famous lemon cut from Las Vegas that belonged to "Lemon Man". Don't know much more than that in regards to the origin of the strain.

The pheno I am familiar with has a distinct "lemon pledge" furniture polish kindda lemon smell. Very potent terpenes.
The effect is pretty straight ahead indica from what I recall and a bit on the sleepy side. The plants grew in a standard indica Mini Christmas tree formation.

If you know of anyone still running this cut or have any info or experience to share, please do.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I would love to know more about the story on this famous cut and that Lemon Man guy. Besides being a skunk hybrid with a final couchlock, it has a very euphoric and enjoyable initial rush because of the plenty of D-Limonene that the cut must have. I have smoked the GHS S1 and it was definitely very lemony both in terms of smell and taste. Not really homogeneous though but the strechy pheno was pretty nice. By the way.

DNA’s version of Lemon Skunk was a cross of the Lemon Man’s female with a male Skunk #1, courtesy of Flying Dutchman

Looking forward to hear more on this topic and if someone has pictures of the original Vegas cut let's see them! ;)

Vibes.

my lemon skunk sounds exactly like what your describing.the stems are thicker than normal.mines done at 8 weeks no more.very wide overlapping leaves.wicked lemonpledge smell.i wish i could post a pic ive got 2 or 3 vegging right now that will go into flower in a few weeks.i got this cut from another grower,and im not sure where he got it from.i always thought it was crossed with some indica but now that i hear your description its spot on to mine.i had read that it has thin leaves and can get lanky which sounds like the oppisite of mine

P

PNWorganic420

my lemon skunk sounds exactly like what your describing.the stems are thicker than normal.mines done at 8 weeks no more.very wide overlapping leaves.wicked lemonpledge smell.i wish i could post a pic ive got 2 or 3 vegging right now that will go into flower in a few weeks.i got this cut from another grower,and im not sure where he got it from.i always thought it was crossed with some indica but now that i hear your description its spot on to mine.i had read that it has thin leaves and can get lanky which sounds like the oppisite of mine

It sounds like you have the popular pheno that I am thinking of. I think it is the GHS version but don't know for sure. Hopefully more stuff will come to light as the thread unfolds and we can track down what versions came from where.

P

PNWorganic420

Good call Mustafunk.
It would be great to see pics of the original lemon man cut for reference.

And good to know the DNA version is a cross not an S1. Curious if anyone has done a side by side.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Some more info I've just gathered, from the High Times article: http://www.hightimes.com/read/mystery-lemon

He’s widely known as the Lemon Man. For the past 12 years, he’s plied his trade in relative anonymity, nurturing his prized possession: Lemon Skunk. For over 25 years, in Las Vegas growrooms, a closed network of growers shared cuttings and seeds of Lemon Skunk with only a few of their brethren.

The Lemon Man, now 29, was connected to the Lemon Skunk crew through family. He began growing in his mid-teens, but like many cultivators, he heard the siren song of Amsterdam, its cornucopia of genetics beckoning him. At the age of 17, he departed for Holland. Naturally, he arrived on Dutch shores with his American export.

“It was 1999,” he says. “I kind of kept going back and forth, networked around, met some really good people – wonderful mentors.”

He began to share his cuttings, and breeders went to work with Lemon Skunk. By 2007, it had won first place in the High Life Cup for DNA Genetics. DNA’s version of Lemon Skunk was a cross of the Lemon Man’s female with a male Skunk #1, courtesy of Flying Dutchman.

The Lemon Man tells me that Lemon Skunk is actually an old-school Original Skunk #1 that originated in California. But over the course of 25 years of cultivation in Las Vegas, its fame as “Lemon Skunk” took hold, since the strain was renowned for imparting a hint of citrus along with its strong, mellow high. Its success in Amsterdam was deeply gratifying for the Lemon Man – especially when Arjan, the chief of the Green House coffeeshop and seed-company empire, crossed Lemon Skunk with Super Silver Haze to create Super Lemon Haze.

;)

i know that article!i read that mag.the lemon skunk in the photo looks wicked sativa though.
im gonna get a pic of mine up on here in the next day or 2.its vegging so i hope it still can help with identification.the leaves are super fat.im gonna aim for 7 or 8 tonight when el camera gets home.ive never posted a pic so i hope i can do it.

im a dingus! forgot to say this part.this plant clones very very easy.ive left a cutting in water for a week and it was profuse with roots.shes rather easy to grow too.

Apomixis

I was told that it was a selection of Early Skunk (Early Pearl X Skunk) and it's very lemony in terms of smell. Besides being a skunk hybrid with a final couchlock, it has a very euphoric and enjoyable initial rush because of the plenty of D-Limonene that the cut must have. I have smoked the GHS S1 and it was definitely very lemony both in terms of smell and taste. Not really homogeneous though but the strechy pheno was pretty nice. By the way.

Hey Musta, if you don't mind me asking, who did you hear that from?

budsicles

The dna version is back in stock at herbies!

Tried the mix packs from ghs.
Out of 4 lemon skunk, only 1 popped, then stalled shortly after.

Hopefully the dna ones turn out better.