What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Pie's parents?

Luxman

So, I've seen two different lineages of this strain listed.as Durban Poison X OG Kush. But other sources list it as Grandaddy Purple X F1 Durban Poison. Which is it?

A related question: does anybody know if Monster Cookies (PNW club clone) is the same as Cookie Monster? What are the parents of those?

Getting really fucking tired of the strain re-name game. Thanks for any help clearing this up, guys. :tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:

kamyo

Veteran
Curious about the Durban used in this cross. I doubt I'll get a chance to grow these any time soon, but I've always been curious about that part of it. I'm sure it's around here somewhere in the cookies thread, but thought I'd ask.

Luxman

F1Durban

not just Durban, F1 is a strain as well

So it's actually (F1xDurban) X GDP ? Interesting.

I've been digging around elsewhere, and now know that there are about 10 versions of CP and heated opinions about which one is 'real'. So basically yet another name totally ruined by knock-offs. Who knows wtf the cut I have is; it looks 80% durban to me. I love durban, so no worries.

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Sorry forgot to add the f1

Cookies is pie x ogk... or at least thats what it was claimed as when they first started dropping the thin mint cookies.... Az

symbiote420

Veteran
I just got a cut of the CP that's been floating around here .....whether its real or not the smoke is fuego!!

lapk 259.jpg

CatDaddy

the buds definitely looks good. i got to start sourcing some of these cuts to see what's all the hoopla is about.

Luxman

...aaaaaaand here come all of the conflicting reports. Urkel...? Where'd you come up with that? I think you are right about the GSC, though.

And what's the difference between F1/durban and F1 X durban? I'm not understanding everyone's random use of the slash.

Danksmith

Veteran
Cherry pie and gsc were conceived in the same room... At the time the cookie guys were running floridah, GDP, and f1 x durb.. The f1/durn threw dicks and pollinated floridah making cookies and GDP making cherry pie...

That was always my understanding of it at least...

The slash is interchangeable with the x ...... Dunno why people started don that but I do as well now... Only on the d1/durb tho.... Lol

So cherry pie = GDP x (f1 x durb)(r)
;)

paperchaser825

GSC is actually F1 x Durban X Floridah OG Its a three way cross If you have any questions holler this is are genetics The #COOKIEFAM

No actually CherryPie is from us it was made in 2002...F1xDurbanXPurpleErkel Before Grandaddy Purp..

Whats up Bud I'm not going to break down how many seeds there was cracked and what we did.. There was alot of work into it and we will have the story for you in do time I don't like sitting in front of a computer for to long and the only reason we got on the web is because people are saying crazy insane stuff about the Cookiefams work and we fell its time to surface for a quick second and let you guys know the cross What is F1xDurbanxFloridah Og F1 is its own strain and the Cookies turns Blue from the Durban in it.. All so we have other strains out The PurplePain Cherry pie Sherbert CherryKush PinkPussy Kush aka pink panties Y Snowman all came from the CookieFam..Im not going to debate with people Respect to all im sorry if you've been misinformed.. There is no purple or Cherrypie in Cookies.. Cherry Pie shares one of the parents of Cookies and thats the F1xDurban...

Does this help? I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate. I just remembered this being interesting to me.

Luxman

Does this help? I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate. I just remembered this being interesting to me.

It's all really interesting, but it doesn't really jibe with 90% of the other stories out there. ("I don't like sitting in front of the computer"... wut? And since when does Durban have blue in it?) But anyway I appreciate all input here! Thanks, guys.

Smoking some Durban Poison as I write this. Mmmmm. :blowbubbles:

RUDEBOI

Don't have any knowledge of how Cookies was bred. What I can tell you is how I have a friend that has been tellin me about Cherry Pie since the late '90's early 2K. He used to frequent PNW a lot and spoke of a buddy that supposedly created Cherry Pie but I didn't really care to substantiate it at the time because I never got a chance to try it!!!LOL He would come back from out west braggin' about how his boy had this strain cherry pie and it was tasty and dank as phuck. Well that's my 2 Cents!! Haha

Danksmith

Veteran

I'm referring to the miracle herm that initially created these crosses... Over all this time you don't think they reworked to try to improve stability?....

So yea I'm sure some gsc cuts use a female f1/durb stead of reverse... Only makes sense... And we know this cause they did a breeding project with f1 x durb where they found two males and one fem to work with...

All this is stuff sflux has said publicly;)....

Z

Ziggaro

These stories are always so shaadyy
What are the genetics of the F1, does anybody know?

Danksmith

Veteran
I tried to offer up a good suggestion as o f1 lineage earlier... Careful buddy you might wake up all the cookie haters;)...... Rofl

Hate hate hate!!!

aligee

Veteran
GSC is actually F1 x Durban X Floridah OG Its a three way cross If you have any questions holler this is are genetics The #COOKIEFAM

No actually CherryPie is from us it was made in 2002...F1xDurbanXPurpleErkel Before Grandaddy Purp..

Whats up Bud I'm not going to break down how many seeds there was cracked and what we did.. There was alot of work into it and we will have the story for you in do time I don't like sitting in front of a computer for to long and the only reason we got on the web is because people are saying crazy insane stuff about the Cookiefams work and we fell its time to surface for a quick second and let you guys know the cross What is F1xDurbanxFloridah Og F1 is its own strain and the Cookies turns Blue from the Durban in it.. All so we have other strains out The PurplePain Cherry pie Sherbert CherryKush PinkPussy Kush aka pink panties Y Snowman all came from the CookieFam..Im not going to debate with people Respect to all im sorry if you've been misinformed.. There is no purple or Cherrypie in Cookies.. Cherry Pie shares one of the parents of Cookies and thats the F1xDurban...
Cherry pie = urkle x F1/durb
Cookies= flo ridah og x F1/durb

...aaaaaaand here come all of the conflicting reports. Urkel...? Where'd you come up with that? I think you are right about the GSC, though.

And what's the difference between F1/durban and F1 X durban? I'm not understanding everyone's random use of the slash.
:tiphat:

Luxman

I'm not really sure what your point is with the quoting. Almost everybody seems to disagree with you except that guy. And that guys sounds really sketchy to me.

Nobody lists it as having urkel in it. Why do you suppose that is?

I guess technically it could be considered to have some urkel in it because of the Granddaddy Purp...