What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Pie's parents?

aligee

Veteran
I'm not really sure what your point is with the quoting. Almost everybody seems to disagree with you except that guy. And that guys sounds really sketchy to me.

Nobody lists it as having urkel in it. Why do you suppose that is?

I guess technically it could be considered to have some urkel in it because of the Granddaddy Purp...

Straight from the creator of cherry pie! might not be what everyone wanted to hear but ...PurpleErkle it is.:tiphat:

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

not my gear so i can't say anything as i wasn't there... my bad if the parents i listed are incorrect... Az

Last edited:

prob23

I remember the Tom hill debate and he said someone else created cherry pie, I would believe him over some wanna be pollen chucking hacks

Cannavore

Veteran
I have a few S1's of pie that I wanna pop. Heard the s1's are nothing like the pie cut though which has me skeptical =-O

Danksmith

Veteran
id be willing to guess that someone made cherry pie before all this... thats besides the point that the cherry pie created from the miracle herm session with gsc is the plants we are looking at when looking at pics...

i wouldnt doubt someone comes in and says they made cherry pie 10 years ago and its a totally diff cross.... i mean it is a pretty obv name for a cherry tasting strain...

just my opinion :)

I have a few S1's of pie that I wanna pop. Heard the s1's are nothing like the pie cut though which has me skeptical =-O
how many beans were found in the nug?
my experience with true s1 is they are few and far in between if accidental...

and the s1 plants ive grown look and grow almost identcal to the donor .... perhaps they were pollinated...

another reason i say this is cause cherry pie is known for making pods with sterile or no pollen....

interesting tho:)

Cannavore

Veteran
id be willing to guess that someone made cherry pie before all this... thats besides the point that the cherry pie created from the miracle herm session with gsc is the plants we are looking at when looking at pics...

i wouldnt doubt someone comes in and says they made cherry pie 10 years ago and its a totally diff cross.... i mean it is a pretty obv name for a cherry tasting strain...

just my opinion :)

how many beans were found in the nug?
my experience with true s1 is they are few and far in between if accidental...

and the s1 plants ive grown look and grow almost identcal to the donor .... perhaps they were pollinated...

another reason i say this is cause cherry pie is known for making pods with sterile or no pollen....

interesting tho:)

They are from a respected member here, he said his cp hermed more than normal and gave me a couple. How many it total I have no clue.

Luxman

FWIW, my PNW club-cut of cherry pie hasn't thrown a single banana as of mid week 6 of flower. And my version leans heavily Durban Poison. Not much help for you seed-farmers I'm afraid, but cherry pie doesn't automatically = hermie.

touringfunkband

FWIW, my PNW club-cut of cherry pie hasn't thrown a single banana as of mid week 6 of flower. And my version leans heavily Durban Poison. Not much help for you seed-farmers I'm afraid, but cherry pie doesn't automatically = hermie.

Durban Poison?

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cherry pie

cherry pie

GDP X F1DURBAN

F1 DURBAN= Durban Ibl vs F1

F1= Unknown strain, used for strain like Girl Scout Cookies

M

MegaHermie

Don't forget Cherry pie is a popular term and more than likely there is/ has been more than one cherry pie strain created from people who don't know each other..

joe guy

I know my cherry pie dose herm here and there and the nanners are very viable..
I've takin the said nuts and dusted a mr. Nice , a bubba kush, and a skywalker all made a hand full of beans each since the pie only throws a few nanners on the bottom branches they are easily spotted and removed or allowed to mature and used for crosses or selfing..
I don't grow 200 plants at a time so a few nanners every once and awhile dosnt bother me..
It's a beautiful specimen of canibis..
But I do remember that thread with sflux and if he is who he says he is the Urkel it is
Unless he is trying to throw people off of making knock offs..
Even tho I think it be pretty hard to do any better than it already is IMHO..
And oh yeha my pie is from dark heart nursery obtained thru harbor side in Oakland..

Danksmith

Veteran
yea i think there might be something there with the urkel @aligee i remember him saying that...

however i do remind myself as a grower sometimes we do some generalization when we talk .... like i consider gdp to be very urkel influenced.. so he coulda just been sayin it without saying it if that makes sense...

like ive seen subcool refer to his deep purple as urkel many times... someone reading in a post years later prolly wouldnt pick up on it...

not saying this is the case here.... just pointing out the possiblily...

and i never said the cherry pie cant create viable pollen... its been done... just most of the time only a small portion of nanners spit pollen loaded pods... from what ive seen at least from friends...

Luxman

I've takin the said nuts and dusted a mr. Nice , a bubba kush, and a skywalker

This is exactly what you DON'T want to do. You are basically just breeding a potential batch of hermie-prone seeds.

I've been making non-herm femmed seeds for about 10 years now with STS. When making stable femmed seeds the first thing you want to do is choose the females that don't stress-herm at all. Then reverse one using STS or whatever.

The reason people think that reversing causes hermies is that many breeders don't understand this important first step, so the offspring usually stress-herm just like their daddy did. It isn't the reversal itself that causes the herms, but the poor plant selection process.

It may not matter for your uses, but keep a close eye out on those offspring. :tiphat:

joe guy

I was totally aware of the chances of the herm tendency to show up in the offspring but usually run under 6 at a time. So it's very easy to look under their skirts everynite
So I don't mind the results are absolutly great .. Plus I don't sell any beans just pop'em lol and give them away to my close buddy's but they are all aware of what could potently go on..

Thomas Paine

Veteran
re:

re:

One of the clubs I go to gets the Pie and Cookies direct from Berner's crew. This is the make-up they state the strains are...

Cherry Pie = F1 x Durban X Purple Urkel
Girl Scout Cookies = F1 x Durban x Floridah OG
Pink Panties aka Pussy Kush = Blackberry Kush x OG Kush
There is also NuWave, The Y, and Sunset Sherbert. I don't know what those crosses are.

This is from someone else, new.
Animal Cookies = GSC x Platinum OG Kush in the SF bay area.
Another one from Canada is GSC x Fire OG Kush

DHN has a cut of Cherry Pie that doesn't seem to go purple like the traditional Cherry Pie I usually see. It's still really dank

Danksmith

Veteran
The first set is right... That's cookiefams new reformulations using thief stock from the f1/durb breeding project...

However animal is forum gsc x fire og bx(r)
That's a clone only plant and anyone naming seeds that is ripping people off... Especially bcs if that's who your referring to... I've seen friends have 100% male or herm in 3 straight gardens... Haven't seen a steady female yet.. Just so your warned if your running em be careful...
:)

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Supposedly SEER made the Animal Cookies. I met him at the SF Cannabis Cup. It was stated as GSC x Platinum OG Kush

They had a stand at the Cup, with GSC, Animal Cookies, NuWave and Sherbert in cups that they were giving free samples of. Selling shirts too.

The GSC x Fire OG Kush (3xbackcross) is the BC Bud Depot version.

Just stating what I was told by the makers.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
GSC

GSC

That's a clone only plant and anyone naming seeds that is ripping people off.

Come on, there are so many version of GSC now, and all of it's crosses.

You can easily self a cone only. All the big seeds companies do this. Look how many version of OG Kush there are.

Ken's Candyland is fucking bomb, they use the GSC x GDP

Loud Seeds "Loud Scout" is hella bomb too. Made form the GSC too. Like really really bomb.

Complain all you want about them "naming strains" form their GSC crosses.

People will still buy the shit outta them, and they don't have to deal with all the politics of the original hoarded cuts.

You can get the Forum cut, the OGKB or the Thin Mints at most dispensaries selling clones, from SF to San Jose. Take your pick which one you want. Hit it with Dr T's Tiresta's mist, next thing you know you have tons of s1 Girl Scout seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts