What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

paradise seeds reports

Chloemobile

I grow Wappa and I enjoy it very much. Stable and easy to grow. buds always look fantastic dense and coated in crystals. I definitely recommend. Have smoked some ice cream and its top notch smoke.

=D

bent

I'm just about done with a round of clones from 5 Whiteberry moms. Out of a five pack, all germed, and all were female, with only one pheno having two nanners on a bottom bud. Two of the five were slightly taller with purple leaves coming in week 5. Out of those two, one has fat calyxes, smells like starburst, and looks a lot like the one from the paradise sites grow report; the tallest one has fat bright orange hairs, and a sour fruity fuel aroma. Those two and one other are pretty frosty.

Max Headroom

Veteran
i've grown ice cream and spoetnik#1.
also have smoked nebula.

ice cream is pretty good, initial high is great for ideas, but dry eyes and tiredness after a couple of rounds soured me on that strain.

spoetnik#1 is a fast finishing, non-tiring indica that's excellent as party-fodder. wouldn't want this as my only choice, but it has its uses.

nebula is a nice ind/sat hybrid with a balanced high. i prefer this to the other 2.

I grew Sensi Star, Belladonna and Magic Bud about 10 years ago.

I got 5 females from SensiStar they were all excellent and very potent. It was very stinky too.
Almost made me gag from the gaseous smell when I was trimming it.

The belladonnas I got 3 females they were all very resinous with a panic attack inducing high. Not my type of high. It looked pure white from the resin.

The Magic Bud I got 2 females they both had a balanced high like described by paradise.
it did not have a knock out effect like the star but it was very satisfying. It had an euphoric effect. The Magic bud made me feel happy to be alive. I liked the Magic Bud.

The Rox I grew all hermied. They were all disgarded.

Last year I grew The Acid (5 pack Fems). Total waste of a grow. No flavor, aroma or potency. It was like hemp. I do not think I will grow Paradise seeds again.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I hate to say it but paradise seems to have gone way down hill, and they weren't exctly the top guys to begin with

It looks like they are ending their standard seeds, which means they have likely lost all of their males (if they were keeping any to begin with)
They have jumped on the "auto" bandwagon
And the consensus is that their signature strain sensi star has been changed

As for my experience, I have grown out their belladonna & nebula. Also a couple of unreleased feminized test strains he gave out in the cworld days. All were ok but nothing special.
As far as their cheese...the thing about clone only's in seed form is that nobody who has the clone is ever going to buy seeds to compare them to. He claims them to be an IBL (even tough he is selling them only as fem seed), so I think that's a pretty good indication that they are not legit

Bottom line is they make hybrids for begginners. Easy to grow, crystally, but dilluted and boring. There are much better sources for dutch strains IMO

Plus they don't give out the lineage. Which IMO kind of defeats the purpose of buying a seed variety

Definitely agree... I think they became worse (like most dutch seedbanks from the 90s) the dutch era has ended already. I think it could be because in 1998 the seed production was banned in Holland, so seedbanks had to focus in still making profit with mediocre products (closet breeding, S1, autoflowering strains) to survive in a market that many feminised Spanish seedbanks started to dominate. Now most seeds are produced there in bulk form and then sold by the dutch seedbanks.

I have tried their old Sensi Star (used to be a great narcotic smoke) and Dutch Dragon (stimulating skunk with some durban poison genes) and I enjoyed them, but it was 10 years ago or so! I've read many people reporting dissapointing results with them nowadays, besides it was commercial weed. Bland potency like some people say. If someone keeps a Sensi Star clone from the 90s, I'd go for it though!!

:tiphat:

I´ve got a wicked Sensi Star! A+ strain! .... also have had the plaesure of smoking a sour feno of magic bud..... verry good as well

A

AlterEgo860

ill say i grew vertigo.. Pandora.. delahaze.. spoetnik #1.. and didn't think anything worth while was in those packs..

heard good things about magic bud.. but haven't had the pleasure to smoke or grow that one ..

HOVAH2.0

Iv ordered.Sensi Star 3X in the last ten.years, the firsr time were Reg seeds and it was the best indica I've smoked to date, second and third times were Ferm seeds but found nothing special. I will order more ferm.seeds for one last try but i feel the true example of SensiStar will.only come from Reg Seeds. While in Denver i meet a despensory owner Claiming to have a sensi star cut from jorge cervanta but i.lost his number. Still lookin to find a clone or reg seed pack.

bent

Sour fruity fuel pheno day 53

wbfuel53.jpg

Pomodoro

I grew out and still have their nebula. very attractive strain, lots of bag appeal. its very heady, and strong, makes people green out. really good in tincture and edibles as the flavor is not classically weedy tasting.

I liked the plant, but wont be buying any more Paradise. I got a pack from them that wasnt properly sealed at the bottom, and lost a majority of the seeds. I brought it to the owners attention, he knew the packaging was an issue made some lame excuses. he did give me replacement seeds for the lost ones. and one extra autoflower seed as compensation. i wasnt looking for anything except and apology and confidence that the company gave a shit about its customers. my feeling was they dont really care. That's all good, lots of "breeders" out there, and the dutch flavors are played out anyway in north america. i love it when some company selects themselves out for me. lovely.

T

tazz11

I grew Sensi Star, Belladonna and Magic Bud about 10 years ago.

I got 5 females from SensiStar they were all excellent and very potent. It was very stinky too.
Almost made me gag from the gaseous smell when I was trimming it.

The belladonnas I got 3 females they were all very resinous with a panic attack inducing high. Not my type of high. It looked pure white from the resin.

The Magic Bud I got 2 females they both had a balanced high like described by paradise.
it did not have a knock out effect like the star but it was very satisfying. It had an euphoric effect. The Magic bud made me feel happy to be alive. I liked the Magic Bud.

The Rox I grew all hermied. They were all disgarded.

Last year I grew The Acid (5 pack Fems). Total waste of a grow. No flavor, aroma or potency. It was like hemp. I do not think I will grow Paradise seeds again.

I like your wording
"panic attack inducing high"

I got some great looking bud but the same type of high .. I did not like the weed ,some of my friends did ,,, not me ...I think it would make a better breeder then a smoking weed

strong weed just not a very stable high ,kind of freaky sh** if you ask me ..

the plants stable and picture perfect ...good strain for breeding ...I will say this I do believe it did hit 18%thc ......I still stand by a basic standard grow rom guide line . 10by 10 1000 HPS organic soil ...it did good in those conditions ...I would say 90-92% out of 100 , had one that hit about 94% ,had a little fuller flowering ,a little less leaf to bud . nice but after smoking the other plants I felt i had far better strains ...

purchased the wappa weed at coffeeshop utopia in amsterdam
this was in times when most weed in amsterdam was crap (2012ish)
was REALLY impressed , best smelling bud ive ever had i think ,
tasted extremely fruity and got me hella high . bag appeal was also out of this world'

bought a pack from them at cannabisliberationday2018 .
Got 2 wappas going in a LED right now , so far 0 complaints !

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Got two fems of Dutch Dragon bought in early ’16 currently at somewhere around the ten day mark of flower. One is reminding me of the winner I found from regs in the early ‘00s.

picture.php

Hope like hell she smokes (and smells) like I remember!

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Got two fems of Dutch Dragon bought in early ’16 currently at somewhere around the ten day mark of flower. One is reminding me of the winner I found from regs in the early ‘00s.

View Image

Hope like hell she smokes (and smells) like I remember!

How did these turn out Shmavis?? :)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
How did these turn out Shmavis?? :)

Not too bad brother, not too bad at all.

Supposedly a Skunk/Durban x California Indica. I remember this line producing large stretchy plants. Most descriptions call for early flowering in height restricted grows. Knowing these were females I skipped one transplant and instead went from cup to final pot and flipped when small. There was very little stretch from either plant. The one I was favoring early on ended up being my favorite of the two. I had taken cuts of each. This one smoked nice enough that I flowered out a cut and made seeds with it. Respectable level of resin. Both have the same nose - citrus/tangerine. I am guessing Paradise has this part locked in fairly well if two seeds produced two plants with nearly the same terp profile. Kudos too for no intersex traits from these fems.

They were grown under a QB, which I am still far from mastering, so I am confident in saying full potential was likely a ways off. Nose and effect are not as strong as I remember, but that could be poor memory or missing the mark on the grow (or possibly because both seem to lean to the paternal side). Overall nothing to complain about; but had I known there’d be such little stretch I would’ve vegged much longer.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
For some reason I have many nostalgic memories of Paradise Seeds. When I first started looking into the Dutch brands in the 90s, their seedbank always had an appeal.

The DutchDragon was one of their very first hybrids. According to Jason King Dutch Dragon was released in 98, a good 22 years ago. Very possible you’ve maybe just become more accustomed to stronger stuff?

Was thinking recently of trying some of their newer lines..

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
For some reason I have many nostalgic memories of Paradise Seeds. When I first started looking into the Dutch brands in the 90s, their seedbank always had an appeal.

The DutchDragon was one of their very first hybrids. According to Jason King Dutch Dragon was released in 98, a good 22 years ago. Very possible you’ve maybe just become more accustomed to stronger stuff?

Was thinking recently of trying some of their newer lines..

BBoB has it hailing from ’94. And I think I read somewhere that it was reworked in 2002... but could be thinking of something else regarding the rework.

Grew many of Paradise’s offerings. My favorites are no longer available: Swiss Bliss & Amsterdam Flame. Thought both were better than Sensi Star and Nebula.

Very well could be that - stronger stuff. Neither of these were as uplifting and heady as I remember though and can’t help but wonder if the short stature and little stretch offers a clue.

Any particular lines in mind?